• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
For jiggz, you'll want to save nair when it comes near time for killing, it really has good killpower against floaties if it's a little more fresh, and it's his second fastest aerial and a good ooS punish option/screening method.
uair is also really good for this.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
just for a small clarfication, zap magnet is a recovery technique where lucas uses his down-b after a wavebounced zap jump to make his recovery absurdly good both horizontally and vertically (read: he can get back from ANYWHERE offstage). the actual down-B is called PSI magnet.

also i'd like to take this opportunity to ask, what happens if a lucario uses his upB while someone is edgehogging on smashville?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
just for a small clarfication, zap magnet is a recovery technique where lucas uses his down-b after a wavebounced zap jump to make his recovery absurdly good both horizontally and vertically (read: he can get back from ANYWHERE offstage). the actual down-B is called PSI magnet.

also i'd like to take this opportunity to ask, what happens if a lucario uses his upB while someone is edgehogging on smashville?
If we have enough distance we'll just land on the stage.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Forward Smash: Comes out stupid fast, and can kill you early if you get hit on the sides, usually connected out of a dair -> dtilt. Reflects Aura Sphere but they'll probably Zap Magnet it anyway.
I'm just going to laugh at how you say Lucas's F-smash comes out stupid fast while Mario's F-smash is easily blockable on reaction, when Lucas's F-smash starts faster by only one frame, has less range, and more ending lag.

That's all I wanted to say.

But anyhow, it's also worth knowing that Lucas's PK fire is an easy powershield, and easily punished when powershielded in midrange. His range is overall bad except on like Up-smash. Once you learn to consistently powershield his "camp" game, he doesn't have much in terms of reliable pressure options, although his N-air can be stupidly safe on block, so it's important to watch out for that and learn to simply outspace it.

Also...because his grab is a tether, you might want to explore shield pressure options that he can't shieldgrab.

Or actually, do that against Yoshi mainly, since his shieldgrab in particular is really slow, and his shield drop is equally slow (both are 17 frames).

Browny

Smash Hater
Mario's F-smash has more range than Lucario's F-smash, but Lucario's F-smash is more disjointed and has less ending lag. It's worthwhile to note that while Mario's regular F-smashes don't reach that far, the leanback of F-smash is MASSIVE. It's so massive that if you can get sword users to whiff on the leanback, you will outdistance their attack.
Did you know that Sonic's fsmash can do the same thing? lean back while a lucario/marth/ike fsmash is incoming and you can hit them without getting hit yourself. does that mean that attack has good range?

You cant consider the lean-back as a form of outranging another attack while discounting the lean forward that all long-range fsmash characters have.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I'm just going to laugh at how you say Lucas's F-smash comes out stupid fast while Mario's F-smash is easily blockable on reaction, when Lucas's F-smash starts faster by only one frame, has less range, and more ending lag.

That's all I wanted to say.

But anyhow, it's also worth knowing that Lucas's PK fire is an easy powershield, and easily punished when powershielded in midrange. His range is overall bad except on like Up-smash. Once you learn to consistently powershield his "camp" game, he doesn't have much in terms of reliable pressure options, although his N-air can be stupidly safe on block, so it's important to watch out for that and learn to simply outspace it.

Also...because his grab is a tether, you might want to explore shield pressure options that he can't shieldgrab.

Or actually, do that against Yoshi mainly, since his shieldgrab in particular is really slow, and his shield drop is equally slow (both are 17 frames).
The Leanback on mario's is pretty easy for me to see. If I'm not getting lolwut long range sniped I ussually shield it @_@

Lucas has surprised me many, many , many times , especially at point blank.

Im just running off half experiance/half theory here :x

but yeah, Yoshi's shield succccccccks, take advantage of that.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucas

What moves or tactics should we watch out for?
-Fsmash: All of Lucas' smashes are used for killing and are generally good. This one comes out pretty quick and does a good amount of damage and knockback. It can reflect projectiles, like Aura Sphere, but most Lucas players would rather absorb with PSI Magnet, so you won't see this happen too often.
-Dsmash: A multihit smash move that has three parts. I don't remember the exact properties of each hit, but I believe the first hit is the most powerful, the second hit has the biggest hitbox, and the third is the weakest but covers behind him or something like that. Needless to say, this move lasts a while, is decent for edgeguarding someone hanging on the edge.
-Usmash: Being one of the strongest Usmashes in the game, you can die from this move pretty fast. That being said, it has a large amount of startup and ending lag. Also, certain parts of it are weak and won't send you anywhere (near the edge).
-Bair: A very unusual move, it has some startup time before the move actually comes out. The range covers a half circle or so behind him. If sweetspotted, it can spike.
-Dthrow: A killing move, though only at high percents. Think of it as an inferior version of Ness' bthrow.
-Zair: Does absolutely nothing! However, it can still be used for tether recoveries, which is what most Lucas players prefer.
-PK Fire: A multihit projectile that Lucas players love to spam. Why approach when you can use this move?
-PSI Magnet: This move can absorb energy based projectiles, like Aura. It has a multiplier effect on how much damage is recovered. Even if Lucas is facing the wrong way, he'll automatically turn around and absorb a projectile coming from behind. It also has a hitbox when Lucas lowers the magnet.
-PK Thunder: Lucas' main recovery move. Unlike Ness, PKT2 is multihitting, so you can SDI out if you get hit. It's almost less powerful. On the plus side, it's easier to control/aim and does not disappear if PKT1 hits someone.
-Tether grab: You won't see a Lucas grab too much, but keep in mind that it has good range when pivoted because of its tether property.

What moves or tactics should we try to enforce in this match up?
-Fsmash outranges all of Lucas' non-projectile moves.
-While Lucas does not have a bad aerial game, Lucario beats him out in this department. But I think Lucas' fair beats out Lucario's, but Lucario's fair lingers.
-Bait the smashes and punish. Most Lucas players love using them.

Do you feel Lucario has an advantage in any particular scenario of this matchup?
-Lucas players prefer to use tether recovery instead of PKT2, so try to force them into using PKT2. They have only two options: aim at the edge or aim on the stage. Try to force them to recover the way you want them to and punish accordingly.
-Lucas is light, so assuming you survive long enough, your Fsmash can kill him pretty fast.
-Aura Sphere can comepletely cancel out PK Fire but don't rely on it.

Do you feel the opponent can shut down aspects of Lucario's game?
-PSI Magnet can absorb Aura Sphere, so don't be spam happy with it.
-Lucas' powerful smash attacks can kill Lucario at some what mid 140-150% if you're not careful.
-A skilled Lucas player could try to spike you while you are recovering. Be careful about this.

Counterpicks? What to avoid and what to enforce?
-Most Lucas players seem to hate Yoshi's Island. I think FD would be there best neutral, but I could be wrong.
-I know one Lucas who LOVES PS2, because the ice part allows sliding fsmashes/usmashes. Corneria is also commonly picked because of low ceiling, plus lasers to heal.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
For jiggz, you'll want to save nair when it comes near time for killing, it really has good killpower against floaties if it's a little more fresh, and it's his second fastest aerial and a good ooS punish option/screening method.
I really doubt you'll be landing an nair on a good Jiggz very often. It's a move that she can outspace most of the time. Plus I wouldn't expect landing it OoS either; Jigglypuff is very good at staying safe even after an opponent shields her attacks.

I really can't see this matchup being worse than 60:40.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Did you know that Sonic's fsmash can do the same thing? lean back while a lucario/marth/ike fsmash is incoming and you can hit them without getting hit yourself. does that mean that attack has good range?

You cant consider the lean-back as a form of outranging another attack while discounting the lean forward that all long-range fsmash characters have.
Sonic's Fsmash has omgwtf range. Way more than it should have.

Your not gonna punish a properly spaced PKF. That is all.
trufax.
Aura Sphere, UAir, DAir, Utilt, and Nair (maybe FTilt at OMFG high percents).
Other than Aura Sphere, it's pretty hard to hit jigglypuff with those mostly vertical moves, considering she's a horizontal fighter. Jiggs is hard as hell to land killers on, but it works both ways luckily, as she can't really safely kill us either. However when we do land one, she'll probably die.
Trufax on a good killer.
Is it our second fastest? I thought Fair was our second fastest, and Nair was our third?
He smashes into the stage and dies if he goes anywhere near the ledge with any sort of horizontal angle. It's a stupid mechanic that can be utilized on some banned stages like Luigi's Mansion. When Lucario smacks into a non-wallclingable surface or a ceiling, he smashes into it and sort of "flies" at an angle, and will be completely free to move . We call this "Extreme Awesome" because we couldn't think of any other name for it. We can use it as somewhat of a mindgame on Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon Stadium 2, and similar stages with weird slopes/ceilings.

It's a pain in the *** to deal with while recovering though. It's probably due to the hard-wiring of the move to always go for an autosweetspot even if the game says otherwise lol.

If we have enough distance we'll just land on the stage.
That works for Fox, Falco, and Wolf iirc. If Lucario tries it he'll slam into the stage and die. He needs to go slightly above it, or use it from directly below and go straight up or something iirc in order to not slam into the stage and die.
I really doubt you'll be landing an nair on a good Jiggz very often. It's a move that she can outspace most of the time. Plus I wouldn't expect landing it OoS either; Jigglypuff is very good at staying safe even after an opponent shields her attacks.

I really can't see this matchup being worse than 60:40.
Doesn't need to be often, just needs to land once or twice. It's true that jiggs outspaces it, but she outspaces most short-ranged aerials, anyways. It's just another option that we have if the opportunity presents itself.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Doesn't need to be often, just needs to land once or twice. It's true that jiggs outspaces it, but she outspaces most short-ranged aerials, anyways. It's just another option that we have if the opportunity presents itself.
But the opportunity won't present itself when Jigglypuff is at high percentages.

No doubt at low percentages most Jigglies go all out to rack up as much damage as they can. Jiggz gets more cautious as she gets to higher percentages. She'll get more cautious too, as Lucario gets higher. The opportunity for Lucario to land an nair on Jigglypuff won't present itself enough to win a set.

This matchup is probably in Jigglypuff's favor if you take air camping into consideration.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yes, it does have good range. Mario's F-smash however is better at doing this. Also, his stutter step is the longest in the entire game. Have Mario face away from Ike, and have Ike F-smash so that he's not quite hitting Mario. When Ike is in a neutral position, THEN reverse F-smash with Mario. Watch Ike go up in flames.

Obvious proof that Mario's F-smash is like the 4th or 5th longest ranged F-smash in the entire game (outranged only by Wolf, Falco, DDD, and I think ZSS although I didn't test the last one since it sucks too much at everything else). From a NEUTRAL STANCE, it hits that ****ing far away from him.

Sonic's F-smash also has good range both by virtue of leanback and stutter stepping. The leanback on Mario's F-smash however I'm certain is greater, and his stutter step is more massive. However, the main problem with Sonic's F-smash is that it's extremely slow, and rather weak for a F-smash. It's range however is really good.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
But the opportunity won't present itself when Jigglypuff is at high percentages.

No doubt at low percentages most Jigglies go all out to rack up as much damage as they can. Jiggz gets more cautious as she gets to higher percentages. She'll get more cautious too, as Lucario gets higher. The opportunity for Lucario to land an nair on Jigglypuff won't present itself enough to win a set.

This matchup is probably in Jigglypuff's favor if you take air camping into consideration.
Well, if that's what you believe, then I guess I'll just have to do more research into jigglypuff, huh.

Would you care to explain Jigglypuff's air camping a little more, in that case? Perhaps possible stages that enhance it, general strategies, advantageous positions, etc?

Browny

Smash Hater
Sonic's Fsmash has omgwtf range. Way more than it should have.

trufax.
It's range however is really good.
For lack of a better word... umad. It doesnt have good range, as much as it does different range to what people expect. If idiots didnt think it has diddy fsmash range or something, people wouldnt be so surprised when it hits from max range and be all like wtf it just beat my marth fair. It's range is still sub-par when compared aross the whole cast, I'm quite sure its in the lower half or 1/3 in the range department.

I play jigglypuff quite a bit myself and have used her against a few Lucarios. Air camping works well until the Lucario player decides to step up the camp hardcore and just constantly throw out full charge AS, run away and bair spam etc. The risk v reward for jiggs to try and aircamp might start out well but rapidly turns bad once AS are doing like >16% per hit, which only requires Lucario to be above 50%, a % range he will stay at for a long time vs Jigglypuff.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
For lack of a better word... umad. It doesnt have good range, as much as it does different range to what people expect. If idiots didnt think it has diddy fsmash range or something, people wouldnt be so surprised when it hits from max range and be all like wtf it just beat my marth fair. It's range is still sub-par when compared aross the whole cast, I'm quite sure its in the lower half or 1/3 in the range department.
WOW. Please. I've spent HOURS testing this data. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Sonic's F-smash has good range. Test it out for yourself against a dummy. The reverse F-smash CLEARLY hits a spot from further away than Marth's F-smash. Disjointedness does make a difference, but matters INFINITELY less than being able to hit from a further away x position. Unless the disjointed hitbox lingers a lot, which only really applies to G&W, and sometimes MK.

By your definition of range, you would probably be telling me Donkey Kong has bad range on all his moves because OMG HE EXTENDS HIS HURTBOX!

Get real now. Sonic's F-smash has great range. It's bad because it is too slow and weak.

iRJi

Smash Champion
WOW. Please. I've spent HOURS testing this data. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Sonic's F-smash has good range. Test it out for yourself against a dummy. The reverse F-smash CLEARLY hits a spot from further away than Marth's F-smash. Disjointedness does make a difference, but matters INFINITELY less than being able to hit from a further away x position. Unless the disjointed hitbox lingers a lot, which only really applies to G&W, and sometimes MK.

By your definition of range, you would probably be telling me Donkey Kong has bad range on all his moves because OMG HE EXTENDS HIS HURTBOX!

Get real now. Sonic's F-smash has great range. It's bad because it is too slow and weak.
This is DJ we are talking about you know. He would have beter knowledge about it simply because he is the one who did the hitbox data for the sonic boards.

/end

Edit: Just hit me, Right now we shouldn't even be talking about sonic lol. If people have an issue about it, go on aim or MSN or something other then talking about it here right now. Continue on the last few characters please =]

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
Against jiggz I don't really like frigate too much because if we're in the dip in the middle, jiggz can stay right above us and consistently hit the blind spots on all our aerials with fair. Yeah we have bair, but it's not that hard to out zone.
I would cp pictochat or luigi's mansion. With our disjointed aura, pictochat's transformations make it a little easier to hit, since your opponent will be a little bit more distracted. Luigi's mansion has ceilings which allow us to live quite long. Just avoid the fsmash and don't get f-aired or b-aired right off into the blastzones and you'll be fine. If picto and luigi's is banned, I'd just go to FD or yoshi's island, maybe even smashville if you're more comfortable there.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I wouldn't take Jiggs to Luigi's. If she is air campy you'll probably get a lot of your Aura Spheres eaten by the pillars if you miss.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
Lucas

What moves or tactics should we watch out for?
-Fsmash: All of Lucas' smashes are used for killing and are generally good. This one comes out pretty quick and does a good amount of damage and knockback. It can reflect projectiles, like Aura Sphere, but most Lucas players would rather absorb with PSI Magnet, so you won't see this happen too often.
Reflecting projectiles with Fsmash in general isn't even that common anyway; takes 14 frames of startup and only reflects for a few frames.
-Dsmash: A multihit smash move that has three parts. I don't remember the exact properties of each hit, but I believe the first hit is the most powerful, the second hit has the biggest hitbox, and the third is the weakest but covers behind him or something like that. Needless to say, this move lasts a while, is decent for edgeguarding someone hanging on the edge.
The hits get larger but weaker. Third's biggest and weakest.
-Usmash: Being one of the strongest Usmashes in the game, you can die from this move pretty fast. That being said, it has a large amount of startup and ending lag. Also, certain parts of it are weak and won't send you anywhere (near the edge). The move does have some invincibility before it comes out, so watch out for DACUSes.
Lucas can't DACUS.
-Bair: A very unusual move, it has some startup time before the move actually comes out. The range covers a half circle or so behind him. If sweetspotted, it can spike.
Only at the tip of his foot.
-Uthrow: A killing move, though only at high percents. Think of it as an inferior version of Ness' bthrow.
Uthrow sucks, rarely used. Vertical kills come from Dthrow at 130%, accounting for pummels if you're grabbed at around 120% you're dead.
-Zair: Does absolutely nothing! However, it can still be used for tether recoveries, which is what most Lucas players prefer.
-PK Fire: A multihit projectile that Lucas players love to spam. Why approach when you can use this move?
Also, wavebouncing makes punishing this that much more difficult. Lucas can also use this to make his second jump obscenely high.
-PSI Magnet: This move can absorb energy based projectiles, like Aura. It has a multiplier effect on how much damage is recovered. Even if Lucas is facing the wrong way, he'll automatically turn around and absorb a projectile coming from behind. It also has a hitbox when Lucas lowers the magnet.
Hitbox kills at around 150%, even then it's only for surprise attacks because it's just slow.
-PK Thunder: Lucas' main recovery move. Unlike Ness, PKT2 is multihitting, so you can SDI out if you get hit. It's almost less powerful. On the plus side, it's easier to control/aim and does not disappear if PKT1 hits someone.
Its main hitboxes are the start and the end, both dealing 10% with knock back. Hitting with every hit does 43%.
-Tether grab: You won't see a Lucas grab too much, but keep in mind that it has good range when pivoted because of its tether property.
Dash and standing grab is too slow and is really punishable. Pivot grab is used mainly because it reduces ending lag by 20 frames.

What moves or tactics should we try to enforce in this match up?
-Fsmash outranges all of Lucas' non-projectile moves.
-While Lucas does not have a bad aerial game, Lucario beats him out in this department. But I think Lucas' fair beats out Lucario's, but Lucario's fair lingers.
-Bait the smashes and punish. Most Lucas players love using them.
Maybe FSmash, but I wouldn't say Lucas players love using them because of the **** lag.

Do you feel Lucario has an advantage in any particular scenario of this matchup?
-Lucas players prefer to use tether recovery instead of PKT2, so try to force them into using PKT2. They have only two options: aim at the edge or aim on the stage. Try to force them to recover the way you want them to and punish accordingly.
-Lucas is light, so assuming you survive long enough, your Fsmash can kill him pretty fast.
-Aura Sphere can comepletely cancel out PK Fire but don't rely on it.
PK Fire and Aura Sphere will always clash regardless of Lucario's %, according to a thread on the Lucario boards

Do you feel the opponent can shut down aspects of Lucario's game?
-PSI Magnet can absorb Aura Sphere, so don't be spam happy with it.
-Lucas' powerful smash attacks can kill Lucario at some what mid 140-150% if you're not careful.
Fsmash kills at 100%, lol. At 150%, Uair, Fair, Dthrow, Bthrow, Dair spiking, and to a lesser extent Ftilt and Utilt are also options.
-A skilled Lucas player could try to spike you while you are recovering. Be careful about this.

Counterpicks? What to avoid and what to enforce?
-Most Lucas players seem to hate Yoshi's Island. I think FD would be there best neutral, but I could be wrong.
The support ghost on Yoshi's Island ruins PKT2 recovery, and we'd ban this because of wall clinging anyway.
-Try counterpicking stages with passable edges/weird edges. They can mess up a Lucas' recovery with PKT2. Also, large stages are good to have, as usual.
Passable stages improve PKT2 recovery.
-I know one Lucas who LOVES PS2, because the ice part allows sliding fsmashes/usmashes. Corneria is also commonly picked because of low ceiling, plus lasers to heal.
Corneria's banned now.
also, note that Lucas' recovery is too good.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've been able to cancel PK Fire with a fully charged Aura Sphere before. I don't remember the percents, but it does happen.

Also, I see I need to make a few corrections. Mostly about Uthrow. I meant dthrow, LOL.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Also, I see I need to make a few corrections. Mostly about Uthrow. I meant dthrow, LOL.
I was wondering about that. I thought you knew about some super secret lucas tech I hadn't heard of. :<

Also, Lucas Usmash has infzy frames on frames 1-4 and hits on frame 28.
Funniest invincibility ever.

Also, I did a little research on that Usmash. This is the approximate range. Just make sure you're not in the yellow circles and you'll be fine.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
If Lucas u-smashes, you're going to want to go into the stage to avoid the hitbox according the picture above

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Falco's F-smash is MASSIVELY disjointed aside from the fact he moves forward a lot while F-smashing. Wolf's F-smash is well...gay since it can punish virtually anything. Those attacks have more range than Lucario or Ike's F-smash. Plain and simple.
It's not longer than Lucario's or Ike's. Both of the spacies are faster on start-up, Falco's ios not longer, Wolf's is barely shorter with the reach.

No, it will easily hit Ike out of F-smash (which he shouldn't be using anyway). The leanback on regular F-smashes is massive enough to punish Ike's F-smash too.
This is true, he won't be using Fsmash much, but you seem to think that Ike won't take the distance you can from a shutter step into account.

All that matters when it comes to range is "can I hit him from x position?" Mario's F-smash hits away from a further x position than Ike's F-smash, and the hitbox on Mario's F-smash is already deceptively massive when you consider that Mario's F-smash has massive leanback and that his entire body is also a hitbox.

Ike's F-smash is so slow that I can just walk to outside of his F-smash range and then F-smash after it ends.
With Ike you can punish, Lucario you can't.

Lucario has little ending lag on that attack.

Either way, even before he F-smashes, I can reach him from further away, which means Ike is the one that needs to take caution before attacking.

By your definitions, you would be telling me that Donkey Kong or Bowser has bad range since "lol he extends his hurtbox when he attacks!" So? That doesn't matter much at all. Disjointed range only makes a real difference if it lingers.
Not even close.

When Donkey Kong and Bowser extend a part of themselves, I can sit outside of their range and hit them if they wiff an attack.

Disjointedness matters when it allows me to attack without worrying about anything I'm throwing out hurting me if it gets hit.

See those arms DK lets out when he attacks, if I hit them he gets hurt. See that sword Marth has, if the sword gets hit, nothing happens to Marth.

Mario extends himself out, Lucario doesn't as much.

edit: on more recent talk,

Jiggs is 65:35

Yoshi is 60:40

Lucas is 60:40, arguable 55:45.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs is 65:35
really? Jiggz can float in and out just like wario can. she's a little slower, but not by much. I'd say it's more 60:40. Jiggz just has problems killing when punishing a mistake. Lucario gets the advantage since fsmash, bair, and uair are good punishers to jiggz mistakes, all of which kill. Plus AS is an overall versatile tool which hinders anything jiggz tries to do.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would strongly suggest Marth and MK...but that's just my opinion. Basically any of the older matchups.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Have we discussed stages enough? What about final verdicts?
If so, we're probably going to do Snack and Meta-Kognition next, although I'm not too sure.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Hey sorry I have not been on these boards lately but I just wanted to say that the MU chart on the first post is great Phil.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Snake. I want you guys to understand just how terrible that matchup is.

Even though I won't contribute. I suggest Snake.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
really? Jiggz can float in and out just like wario can. she's a little slower, but not by much. I'd say it's more 60:40. Jiggz just has problems killing when punishing a mistake. Lucario gets the advantage since fsmash, bair, and uair are good punishers to jiggz mistakes, all of which kill. Plus AS is an overall versatile tool which hinders anything jiggz tries to do.
It'd mainly her lack of a ability to kill well, her air mobility is better than Lucario's but lacks range outside of pound.

If she had better killing tools I'd list it as a 55:45, but since she has problems with this and we're talking about not killing well vs Lucario. The disjointed range is a problem for her when it makes approaching a real problem.

I think I may know the MU too well which is why I listed it as a 65:35.

60:40 is probably a better number but I feel like this is MU is a problem for jiggs.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey sorry I have not been on these boards lately but I just wanted to say that the MU chart on the first post is great Phil.
Don't thank me, thank RJ.
btw, RJ, the Sonic and Ivysaur MU ratios say "63:35". We'll probably need to fix those sometime ^_^
I concur that for me personally, I think the snake MU is the hardest one for lucario, although I think conversely D3/Marth and definitely G&W aren't as hard as we previously thought.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've had qualms about marth being 60:40 for a long time, weaving in and out, but I saw how it could potentially be easier after picking him up for a while.
D3 I've been hearing specks here and there, and I've been trying to rig Lucario to punish clutch/panic moves in his position more easily. Plus, I'm getting the scoop from a D3 player that might have the answers (have to talk tomorrow, have to keep it tight tho, but I'll see if it's valid). Plus D3 is a good match to learn how to Lucario camp, and I don't mean with exclusively AS (lol failcamp)

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Meh... I dont know about hardest and most frustraiting, but I agree that It can be pretty gayyyyyyy.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario dittos are silly, as are most dittos.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Lucario dittos are not as bad as Falco dittos.

Knowing when something kills even if its lolzy helps.

Utilt, Double Team, all the strange stuff will help. Double Team is pretty safe according to the frame data if you see the other Luc try an uncharged FSmash.

That's probably the easiest match-up to come from being behind two stocks.

Top Bottom