• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcade Stickxx Presents: Mobile, Alabama Tournament; RESULTS UP, MISSING CONTROLLER

Sariku

Smash Master
Brawl Singles
1. RAGNAF*CKINROCK :metaknight:
2. M3T the RANDOM GUY :gw:
3. HolyNightmareCHEF :popo:/:metaknight:
4. Ruse.. sucks :rob:/:metaknight:

Melee Singles
1. Rice
2. Ragnarock
3. Drumma

Brawl Doubles
1. HolyChef/Manko
2. Ruse/Rag
3. Rice/RAMTASTIC

Melee Doubles
1. Rice/Drumma
2. Ram/Rag
3. Holy/Manko

Also, if anyone who attended left with an extra controller, it was probably mine. It is a silver GCN with no mods. The easiest way to tell it apart is the analog stick, which has absolutely no grip on it (the circles on the top are not there), leaving it completely smooth (it also falls off occassionally >>;"). If anyone has it or knows where it is, PM me. D:

Arcade Stickxx, an Alabama gaming club, is hosting a Melee/Brawl tournament in Mobile, Alabama. The representative for the club will be Ragnarock. Arcade Stickxx will be providing all the pizza you can eat, as well as drinks while they last. All setups and power strips are needed and appreciated. Post if you can provide anything.

Details for the tournament are listed below:

WHEN: November 21, 2009 ; Doors open at 10:00 A.M., and registration starts at 11:30 A.M.
WHERE: University of South Alabama (307 University Blvd, Mobile, AL)
THE TOURNEY IS GOING TO BE AT THE BETA GAMMA COMMAS BUILDING AT THE UNIVERSITY!!!!
PRICE: Venue Fee: - $3.00 ; Singles (M/B) - $5.00 ; Doubles (M/B) - $10.00 per team

Melee [Singles] Rules:
  • Stocks: 4
  • Time: 8:00
  • Items: Turned Off
  • No Sudden Death
  • Best of Three ; Finals: Best of Five
  • Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battle Field, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land (N64) and Pokemon Stadium.
  • Counterpick: - Pokefloats, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Corneria
  • Slob Picks and Dave's Stupid Rule: Enforced.
  • Stalling: Banned

Melee [Doubles] Rules:
  • Stocks: 4
  • Team Attack: On
  • Items: Turned Off
  • No Sudden Death
  • Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battle Field, Yoshi's Story, Dream Land (N64) and Pokemon Stadium.
  • Counterpick: - Pokefloats, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Corneria
  • Slob Picks and Dave's Stupid Rule: Enforced.
  • Stalling: Banned

Brawl [Singles] Rules:
  • Stocks: 3
  • Items: Turned to Off and None
  • No Sudden Death
  • Ledge grabs limited to 35 per player. [per match]
  • Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battle Field, Yoshi's Island, Smashville
  • Counerpick Stages: Brinstar, Delfino, Castle Siege, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, Frigate Orpheon, Norfair, Rainbow Cruise, Lylat Cruise
  • Set Format:
    1. Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.
    2. The first stage of a match is selected either randomly or by a stage striking procedure from the neutral stages.
    3. Both players may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the match.
    4. The loser of the first game announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick. [Dave's Stupid Rule in effect]
    5. The winner of the previous match chooses his/her character.
    6. The loser of the previous match chooses his/her character.
    7. Repeat steps 4-6 for successive matches.

Brawl [Doubles] Rules:
  • Stocks: 3
  • Team Attack: On
  • Items: Turned to Off and None
  • No Sudden Death
  • Ledge grabs limited to 35 per player. [per match]
  • Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battle Field, Yoshi's Island, Smashville
  • Counterpick Stages: Brinstar, Delfino, Castle Siege, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, Frigate Orpheon, Norfair, Rainbow Cruise, Lylat Cruise
  • Set Format:
    1. All players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by any player.
    2. The first stage of a match is selected either randomly or by a stage striking procedure from the neutral stages.
    3. All players may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the match.
    4. The losers of the first game announces the stage that they will counter-pick. [Dave's Stupid Rule in effect]
    5. The winners of the previous match chooses their character.
    6. The losers of the previous match chooses their character.
    7. Repeat steps 4-6 for successive matches.

If anyone can bring a setup or powerstrip, post it in the thread.

ZiggyZiggs

Smash Cadet
I can bring T.V., Wii, and Brawl. Possibly a power strip if I can find one. And even a table or two if needed.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If I'm going, I'll bring a television and at least one Wii/Brawl copy. I'll keep you posted.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Ima have to get Sariku to edit the post but, THE TOURNEY IS GOING TO BE AT THE BETA GAMMA COMMAS BUILDING AT THE UNIVERSITY!!!!

mslano

Smash Journeyman
When did Mobile get so far away? I might go to this if I get some passengers/fellow drivers to come along.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Here is a pre reg for me Rice Ram Ryet and Rook.

Boomstick can't come :( he moved :( to Texas :(

I can bring a wii and a MELEE copy ;) i might bring a brawl copy just in case people need it :)

Lets get more hype for this tourney!!!

Reflex!!! Hell yea I havn't seen you in forever!!!

Also who is Sariku??? I like his avatar.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Hey, sariku change the date of the tourney to 11/21/2009. Something happnend at University so we were forced to take this date.

Sariku

Smash Master
I'm not sure what a loud mouth is, but Ziggy can bring his PA for us, Ragnarock. And if for some reason that doesn't work, he always has an amp and a microphone. If the location is suitable for it, anyways, it would at least allow us to talk over everyone there.

Ruse

Fox
Manko is coming 100%. Holy hasn't said anything about it, but I'm sure he'll be down.

PCola is taking top 3 wtf.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
im might come to pcola next week or the week after next, but i havew to see wat the florida lottery a before i come.

Ruse

Fox
So? It's Brawl.

I want to play some Smash 64. That game is REAL.

Edit: Here's the PCola attendance so far: Manko, Pixel (some player from a town over), and myself. It's possible that Holy, Dan, and/or some TL player we just got up with will all make it as well. I've got room for six in my car, so we could fit everyone from the area if everyone is down.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
ok, thats sounds goos. And i know somebody with smash 64, i'll tell him to bring it.

Ruse

Fox
Smash 64 is a real man's game. Melee is a real Asian's game. Brawl is a real p***y's game. I am all of those, except Asian.

Ruse

Fox
That's the ultimate fate of almost every laptop. I bet that water bottle is actually a wireless mouse.

You should put the date in the title.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
me ram rice rook and ryet will be there

get a vaio. mine is beast

brawl is a real P**SY's game lol
melee is a rice's game
smash 64 is a ram's game

I love you rag
I love you ruse

Im spamming random things so my sig shows ;)

im watching athf right now its nuts funny

Rag are you coming to smash with us this coming weekend???

Top Bottom