• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G.A.M.M.E. - Orlando, Florida - June 4-6 2010, $2000 SSBB

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
G.A.M.M.E. - Orlando, Florida - June 4-6 2010

When: June 4-6, 2010
Where: 1500 Sand Lake Road, Orlando, Florida 32809
Entry Fee: Event Registration is LIVE!
Why: Because GPX is awesome

**********GAMME - Gaming, Anime, Music & Manga Expo**********

GPX Gaming known for hosting video game tournaments and gaming events all over the country is hosting a major gaming event in Orlando Florida June 4th - 6th, 2010.

GAMME will be held in The Florida Hotel and Conference Center

The Facility will have a 100 console Free Play and tournament room with over 40 LAN PC's a TCG/TTG space over 2300 sq ft and a Rhythm Arcade all in their own separate spaces for your entertainment.

EDIT*****
GPX and GAMME are proud to present: Super Street Fighter IV's Guaranteed Pot of $5000 paid out in the traditional 70/20/10 payout format. Furthermore, All winnings are paid out at Closing Ceremonies Sunday June 6th, 2010 in Cash awarded inside the "Trophy Cups" - To me thats why they call it a "Pot" So we give it to you in a pot!
EDIT*****

GPX and GAMME will also be hosting multiple tournaments with other substantial pots being issued during the same Tournament Weekend.

GAMME has Officially Invited 5 of the Top Players from Japan!

Mago, Daigo, Issei, Nuki and Momochi to compete in a 5 V 5 Match against a 5 Man Team built by Empire Arcadia! Winner take all $5000 Prize! Triforce has agreed that if the West Coast wishes to send 5 of its best to beat Empire's Team they can have a chance at the $5000 Prize against Japan's Best. Japanese Iron Man Rules! (those rules will be up on the GPX Gaming Site)

Issei will be confirming himself (due to school and work) - if not he will be subbing in another player To be determined later if necessary.

We have decided to add more Street Fighter IV (PS3) Tournaments:

Super Street Fighter IV: (Pending On-Time Release) - Pot consisting of 50% entries
Super Street Fighter IV: 3v3 Team Matches - Pot consisting of 50% entries
Super Street Fighter IV: Tougeki Rule Set - 1 Match, No Counterpicks, Double Elimination. The Character you qualify with is the character you play with for the whole competition. - Pot consisting of 50% Entries

**********NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS**********

Super Street Fighter IV!

GAMME will be developing a "Best in World" Cup Category for Character Players - We have decided that simple mirror matches will not do as we have some of the best in Japan coming down. Ryan "Gootecks" Gutierrez will be working with GAMME to develop the format of this particular tournament. The winner will be receiving a Cup based trophy with the information engraved on the side "Best 'Insert Character name here' in the World" - Example: "Best Sagat in the World" followed by the name of the player (This event will take place on Saturday - Cups will be given Sunday at Closing Ceremonies). Ryan will be working with us on programming other aspects of the show as well, which is TBA until we have the right formats for each event.

We are excited to have Gootecks working with GAMME on these events. We want the West Coast to be as hype as the East Coast when it comes to our event.

*********End New Announcements**********

Titles announced so far are listed as:

**********New Announcement**********
$3000 - Tekken 6 (PS3) - Thread on Tekken Zaibatsu

Keigo Hoashi - One of the Composers for Tekken 6 & Namco Bandai Games will be appearing as a guest at GAMME! Keigo-San will be participating in a variety of events and interactive games as well as signing autographs. So bring those copies of Tekken 6 for him to sign!

**********End New Announcement**********

$2000 - Brawl (Wii - some folks do ask - I know...lol)- Thread on SmashBoards
$1000 - Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
$2000 - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DreamCast) (Upgraded Bonus pot from $1000)

Announcement!**********IdleMind**********

$2000 - Soul Calibur IV (PS3) - Thread on 8 Way Run

IdleMind has offered to put up $1000 of his own money to add to the Bonus pot! Why? Because he is awesome and loves the SC4 Community! IdleMind will be one of our Tournament Officials overseeing various aspects of our tournaments. Hype it up!

Announcement!**********IdleMind**********

$1000 - HD Remix (PS3)
$1000 - 3rd Strike (TBA)

***that's right 3rd Strike and Maaahvel too - we keep it OLD SKOOL, Alive and Hype!***

Pot's TBA

King of Fighters XII (360)
BlazBlue (PS3) - Thread on DustLoop
Guilty Gear: XX / Accent Core Plus! (Japanese PS2)
Virtua Fighter 5
(360)
Dead or Alive 4 (360)
Super Smash Bros. (N64)

Old School titles to be determined (if you have suggestions, for "Pot" or "bragging rights" Based tourneys please send messages and inquiries to info@gpxgaming.net

**********POT System**********

50/25/15/5/5 - Brawl/Melee/Smash 64

70/20/10 - All other Tournaments

Most events have a standard setup - you get charged some money, they take some off the top and then put the remainder into the pot and sometimes you don't know how much that is...That can be dirty, we don't like dirty.

GPX does not do that. We have sponsored Guaranteed Pots - That means the amounts listed above are what your getting no matter what happens...

Example: random gaming event gets 300 Players to compete in SF4 @ $10 an entry - that means the pot is $3000 - if the event does not take anything off the top. 1st Place takes 70% = $2100, 2nd Place takes 20% = $600 and 3rd Place takes = $300. If the event takes any fees for administration that means the pot is smaller (we wont start assuming how much events take, this could take all night and I can rant for days).

GPX and GAMME will be doing the Guaranteed Pot as listed above for each tournament. AND we will also add 50% of every entry to the Pot! The remaining 50% goes to Charity ($5, broken into $1 a piece to each of these charities: Donate2life, The MS Society, Miami Children's Hospital, St. Jude's and Toy's for Tots - changed from Miami Food Drive - they want cans of food, so we will do a food drive for this instead)

What does that mean?

Example - 50 people compete @ GAMME in SF4, $10 Entry fee = $500 of which 50% or $250 extra gets added to the existing $5000 Pot = $5250

Example - 300 people compete in SF4 (basing attendance numbers on some of our tournaments from Boston, Texas, Indianapolis and Florida) 300 @ $10 = $3000 50% goes to the pot. So $1500 gets added to the $5000 pot = $6500.

you guys can do the math from there:

1st Place would take 70% = $4550
2nd Place would take 20% = $1300
3rd Place would take 10% = $650

Much better for the winners.

EDIT**********

We are making a change to the Charitable Donations from Pot Entries - Tournaments without Bonus Pots will retain all the entries into the pot - GPX will make the donations for those tournaments. We want to make sure tourneys without bonus pots have solid payouts. We hope this makes everyone happy. The individual rules pages on the GAMME website will explain each individual ruleset and their donations if any into our charity drives.

End EDIT*******

We decided this is the best way to show the community we want to give them a hype tournament with real money on the line.

We will be hosting other tournaments with other pots as well DDR: SuperNova and DDR: Extreme, Halo 3 / ODST, Modern Warfare 2, etc. However, we will keep the tourney info for our event pertinent to the subject matter of the SRK boards.

The www.gamm-expo.com site will be up very soon, our placeholder is up while we finalize our beta site. information will be available on www.gpxgaming.net site as well as our social networks and twitter announcements

GAMME Facebook
GPX Facebook
Capcom-Unity
GPX MySpace
GPX Twitter
GPX MeetAGamer

Rules and Information again are available on the GPX Gaming Website - We will be constantly updating them to make sure it is as accurate and easy to understand as possible.
***For a listing of games our event will have for freeplay and Casuals please visit our constantly updated Listing

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
im interested in goin to this... got a couple of questions

what console is sf4 on?
you got anything on housing people?
if not are there any hotels nearby that you could talk to so there could be a discount?
do you need anyone to help out with running the tournament?

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
also if you put melee on the game roster... im almost positive you will have a great turnout =]

Alukard

Smash Hero
GET some Melee going at this ... and u will have a ton of people coming for sure ... and i'll even come from nyc

-Ran

Smash Master
Yea the pot split is kinda weird due to how much money it going to be involved. If they want to attract the absolute best players:

1st=55%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th(x2)=2.5%

So based off their projected pot = 3500
1st = 1925
2nd = 875
3rd = 350
4th = 175
5th = 87.50 x2

Ps: Hype.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
I have been considering Melee - and in fact was talking about it to Issei this past weekend at Season's Beating's he was asking me about this portion due to some of the folks he knows back home that would come on their own to play...He mentioned Melee is more competitive, which I agreed - at least for my own opinion.

I have been talking through some notions with our staff in regards to pots. because we look at pots and from the SRK community the common place is 70/20/10. But I am not against the concept of making the pot a little more favorable to top 5 for Brawl and Melee - but before we do that, we will do some research to see how well that has carried over from past events that have done a setup like that.

Also noting as in how 5th spot usually is 2 people, hypothetically if we go with a top 5 payout format, wouldn't it be better to have the top 5th spot battle it out for the 5th spot instead of paying out 2 smaller amounts.

The website info will be up very soon and the hotel and registration info with it. But to answer it for you here, it will be at The Florida Hotel and Conference Center, Orlando, Florida.

SFIV will be on PS3. I will be updating the main post to reflect the SRK post.

Thanks for the input, please keep it coming - I read everything and do my best to answer any and all questions, Demarcus_GPX and Roman_GPX will also chime in from time to time.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
I officially added Melee to the Pot Tourneys - so for now it will be based on entries, until I secure a sponsor or vendor advertiser to cover a bonus pot. Expect it to be $1000 Bonus but I will post it when I have a guarantee behind it ^^.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
I have solidified a lot of our Capcom fighting Scene material for the show which now gives me planning time for the other fighting communities to make sure its done right.

We have "Arena's" Setup for tournament play. Each Arena is specific to a title following - example: Capcom Based Games, Namco Games, Arxsis, Nintendo, etc.

"The Smash Arena"

Is our designated Nintendo Tournament Area.

We will have a minimum 16 consoles setup for Tournament play and 1 console on stage for higher profile matches and Top 8 for Streaming fights and for our commentators to work with.

So if your competing in any of the Smash Tourneys it will be streamed and there will be commentators for your gameplay.

The Stage is setup with 30' High End CRT's for Lagless play, there will be 2 camera's mounted to it one for each competitor and this will be fed to a projector - one for each player. another projector will have the gameplay on it and a 4th Projector will display the Ladders for Smash.

The Commentators will also have a camera mounted on their viewing screens. They will be in control of the chatroom and stream - our intention is to utilize ufragtv for all our streaming and the facility is equipped with Fiber Optics for extremely fast streams (made me happy when the hotel told me they upgraded their services).

Let me be clear - this is not the only setup for Nintendo - its our focused Tourney section for it, which will go freeplay, as well, once tourneys are completed.

With Smash we are also planning some teams and other types of invitationals but those are still in development stages and I wouldn't want to announce something without the right amount hype.

One of those events I can mention we have done before in the past at a few conventions.

We called it "The Ultimate Smash Challenge" Which allowed us to determined the Best Smash player across all the platforms 64, GC and Wii.

We are considering doing this as well, but we want to make sure it is doable and can be done right. To give pre-lim info we start with N64 and the top 16 get seeded into the GC version (points alloted) and then from there seeded into the Brawl version. I don't want to give too much because we are also working out the kinds to make sure it makes sense, but we are always open to suggestion - this event while run by our company professionally is open to the community - its your con, so feel free to make suggestions - I read everything.

Thanks

-Ran

Smash Master
Also noting as in how 5th spot usually is 2 people, hypothetically if we go with a top 5 payout format, wouldn't it be better to have the top 5th spot battle it out for the 5th spot instead of paying out 2 smaller amounts.
Typically time is an issue when it comes down the stretch for tournaments. Adding an extra set of matches sometimes just isn't feasible. At least, at the typical tournament.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
If you guys want to get a solid idea about the other titles we have for freeplay and casual or for players to setup bragging rights matches you can go to GPX website and click on "GAMES"

This is always updated with the titles we carry into all our Gaming Lounges at every event we do. I'll update the main post to reflect this.

Prawn

Smash Master
I'm actually quite possible to be going to this, June 4th is my birthday.

hypehype

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
It will definitely take a lot of work ^^ - but we will make it happen. You guys as the community are always welcome to input or questions about what we are doing, thats why we posted so early, we plan a lot and work with a lot of communication - we actually still need a few volunteers on this matter for one of our arena's as far as the Smash community goes. feel free to pm me here or pop us emails off of our website.

This is your show.

Toneh

Smash Lord
with that much $, top 6 at least. Depends how many ppl go.

top 6 could be something like

1st: 35%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 20% --- (maybe 18%)
4th: 10% --- (maybe 12%) 18 and 12 make it more balanced out.
5th: 5%
6th: 5%

So for something like 150 ppl ($2750)
1st would get: $962.50
2nd: $687.50
3rd: $550
4th: $275
5th: $137.50
6th: $137.50

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
I have been talking with our staff and we have a meeting monday that is being planned with all our departments in tournament administration to discuss this topic about payout for Brawl, Melee and Smash64.

I want to make sure they all agree that if we do a 60/20/10/5/5 or 55/20/15/10 or 55/20/10/10/5 will make sense for just the Nintendo sections and that it would cause a stir for all the other tournaments.

Since its a sensitive topic - and you guys are very quick to judge change I am making sure its the right decision. We plan on everything, we dont just swing for one or two people who immediately dont like sometihng - it has to work for the whole community competing.

This is why we are so early in our promotion, it gives us a lot of time to gauge what is best for you guys.

I am personally leaning towards a 55/25/10/5/5 and I like Radix' numbers as well...

This will all be discussed in our meeting this week - I will make the final decision of what will stick.

I will do my best to make the most solid decision for this community - but I hope folks are posting constructive information and not heated blasts that are not productive.

EDIT: Melee and Smash64 will have entries associated to them, but we do not have any bonus pots on them at this time - chances are they won't get any - this is the most realistic I can be on these two titles guys, if a sponsor pops up and says they will sponsor one of those for sure we will give them bonus pots - so they are entry based for now.

Thank you Guys!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Wait so the original post doesn't mention Smash 64 but you do in other posts in the thread?

Is there going to ssb64 or not? If so I'll be there to win it. :)

I'll come for melee too. Orlando's melee scene is just a big as brawl's scene so you might wanna consider using 1/2 of brawl's extra pot for melee.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
pots for each tournament are only for that tournament...will not be taking any money from one tourney to make another larger...

I will be keeping up with reposting from the main post in SRK to all the other boards. (yes all the Smash games will be at GAMME).

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Are you the same Manny that was doing the game room for JaCon 2008? Also, I got a good amount o tournament hosting experience. How do I get involved with this event?

Top Bottom