• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario vs. Ganondorf (31) Export

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ganondorf

Matchup:

75:25

General info:

Lucario can be a pretty bad match-up. Ganondorf is forced to approach because of the Aura Sphere, he has disjointed hitboxes, uptilt spam to rack damage, and you need to kill him extremely fast since his power goes up as his percentage rises.

It's probably somewhere up in the 70:30-75:25 range, I never fought a really good Lucario so I'm just going off theory here..

What to avoid:
Ganon's f-tilt and d-tilt speed are actually quite fast, and are capable of killing quite readily, especially against floaty Lucario. DI is also available for Ganondorf, as with every other character - he's also far more resistant to vertical KOs.
It's Ganon guys. The biggest things you'll need to worry about are uair, dair, f/dtilt, and usmash/fsmash, which are all not that impressive <_<;

How to win:
Lucario can walk off Ganondorf (gimp) from the stage easier than any other character in the game, except maybe Ivysaur

7.5/2.5 Lucario's favor

-Rayku
In this Matchup, LUCARIO should wrack up a bit damage on Ganon with juggling and then trying to gimp him. Thats something like everything LUCARIO has to do here

Ganon gets gimped to easy, we have no sideB followups on LUCARIO and our finisher Problem will give LUCARIO a big advantage. Its hard to techchase LUCARIO because of fast and long rolls.

Im not going to post more, because my english sucks (im writing down that John in every matchup thread)

75:25 in LUCARIOs favor from my side.

Helpful tips:

Be careful if you try to gimp these manly men because if you space wrongly with your FAirs you will get Side B'd to death.

You can juggle Ganon a bit, but all he needs is to get a hit or two in to basically catch up.

You can DI/SDI his DSmash to not get hit by the second kick.

Don't get too happy with rolling, otherwise you will get punished with Ganon's autocancelled DAir. Ban Brinstar, as parts of the stage eats Aura Spheres, lava puts a lot of pressure into CQC in addition to the low ceiling and raw power of Ganon's DAir (which can kill you through the lava at mid/high percents). He can extend his hitboxes to his attacks there pretty well, you can too, but of course he will be hitting much harder than you starting out, so watch out for that.

Since he is pretty darn heavy and has to be close to get any damage in you might be able to pull off a couple CGs. Don't do anything too laggy and miss or you'll be subject to Wizard's Foot or his Side B.

If you get the room to camp you will beat him pretty badly. If you camp really hard its probably 80:20 you. If you are a close range fighter 65:35 you (I feel guilty camping against the worst character in the game >.>). Try to not get grabbed too much.
Bah, this is one of Ganondorf's hardest matchups if you ask me. The key thing about Lucario is he's really disjointed and has pretty low ending lag on several things. Particularly his KO moves. Not that it means much anyway, but you can't really combo him out of Flame Choke either.

Ganondorf really can't do anything against Lucario's F-smash except try to powershield dashgrab it if he's close enough. And Lucario's D-air makes it annoyingly hard to safely juggle him.

75/25.

Stages:
In regards to the Dark Lord. Strike BF as you have less room to camp.
Ban Brinstar, as parts of the stage eats Aura Spheres, lava puts a lot of pressure into CQC in addition to the low ceiling and raw power of Ganon's DAir (which can kill you through the lava at mid/high percents). He can extend his hitboxes to his attacks there pretty well, you can too, but of course he will be hitting much harder than you starting out, so watch out for that.
yeah norfair and brinstar are good stages for ganon. Norfair has many ledges which allow for non suicidal ledge hop aerials. The lava also lets him survive a ganoncide as well as prevent gimping. He also has the spartan kick and jab which can easily be used to force u into the wall of lava that appears every now and then.

Against ganon, i would ban norfair over brinstar since norfair gives him more advantages than brinstar does.
On Brinstar Ganon has Ganoncides, utilt spiking repeatedly into raising fires, extended hitboxes on the tendons and balls for his moves which already last a long time, and small blast zones for massive ****.

Disclaimer: This thread is made for the sole purpose of keeping matchup discussing clean and organized. If people wish to discuss a past matchup, they may do so in this thread without cluttering the current discussion.

Browny

Smash Hater
hooray for someone active being made mod. only took what, 6 months?

I have a fair bit of experience in this yet made no contribution :( I ban delfino typically against ganon, its generally too safe for him to recover in and all the slants/platforms make AS less useful :/

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
hooray for someone active being made mod. only took what, 6 months?

I have a fair bit of experience in this yet made no contribution :( I ban delfino typically against ganon, its generally too safe for him to recover in and all the slants/platforms make AS less useful :/
ooo! the water is a huge pain in the ***. It stops gimps and ganon has a very powerful spike. Plus, when the stage is moving he can ledge hop side b and ganon-cide.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Hey, Uair, Dair, Ftilt, and Fsmash are actually **** good for their classes!

those moves are actually pretty legit. The problem is Ganon is so slow himself that he won't land them. :<

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh yeah, speaking of how stupid water is:

It was RCB5, and the TO announced
That it was ditto doubles time, no less of an ounce
The event was pretty stupid, this is true
But one match was so gay, it would make you spew
These pretty classy OR guys, they picked Ganon and such
They lost first round to smash twins (double ROB), and it didn't look like much
But then ganon's went pirating, and picked Pirate ship
And this was really what gave those ROBs the slip
They would try to camp them, but the problem was
The ganons went for a swim, avoiding the cause
So the ROBs went to water, and that was when
Ganons went "Argh!" and began stomping them in
The ROBs tried to get out, they even tried to spike back
But the ganons were too clever, and their feet were 1337 h4x
That and the cannons from the backdrop seemed
To favor the pirates, and fired on the machines!
That's when we learned that day
That Ganons are pirates, ban Pirate ship, and you'll be okay.

Top Bottom