• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of order, new matchup thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Sess, I hate MU threads.

If you don't mind, please insert links next to each character so someone looking for a character discussion can find it easily. Link to the very FIRST post that we talk about that specific character, and then that person can click on the thread link, which takes them to that post.

See, if you link to the page, then someone that sees a different amount of posts a page will find themselves in a completely different page with a completely different character. Later tonight, I'll definitely provide for you the links.

Sound good?

I'm saying this because all the MU threads on SWF are stupid. :| I don't want us falling to a similar fate.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Sess, I hate MU threads.

If you don't mind, please insert links next to each character so someone looking for a character discussion can find it easily. Link to the very FIRST post that we talk about that specific character, and then that person can click on the thread link, which takes them to that post.

See, if you link to the page, then someone that sees a different amount of posts a page will find themselves in a completely different page with a completely different character. Later tonight, I'll definitely provide for you the links.

Sound good?

I'm saying this because all the MU threads on SWF are stupid. :| I don't want us falling to a similar fate.
Sure, can do. Not right now tho.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Look out for dthrow tech chase from the G&W, best bet it to play dead and lay there for a second then mindgame him off.
That's the worst idea ever. The GaW can just jab>regrab(also if he does jab and try to regrab then jab back because wolf's jab has frame advantage on GaW's grab) or do a smash if you lay there. Just tech the down throw in a direction and he has no tech chase.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
That's the worst idea ever. The GaW can just jab>regrab(also if he does jab and try to regrab then jab back because wolf's jab has frame advantage on GaW's grab) or do a smash if you lay there. Just tech the down throw in a direction and he has no tech chase.
Yeah, he knows, I told him. :p

Btw, Seagull, it sucks that you couldn't make it to the tourney. Singles started too soon. :( There were only seven teams for doubles, no one wanted to team. On the plus side, I had fun, and someone brought Lito's pizza, buffalo chicken. It was too good.

Anyway, we want to move to the next MU? 50:50 sounds good.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Have any of you guys asked Jumpman's opinion on match ups?
lol He's good so he's more important than us.

Seriously though, I've never even seen the guy post. I don't even know where his prof is. And apparently it's a different Jumpman from the Jumpman that posts here. Or maybe my source was wrong. Regardless, I think it would be nice to hear him.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
the jumpman from texas never posts here. I've never seen a single post by him, and I've been on the wolf boards since day 1

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Jumpman I see post all the time on gamebattles whenever I go there. He plays wifi on gamebattles a lot.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Something happened to the links when you posted them. My links work, what you posted does not. Anyone know why that happened? :(

Gnw? Uh... I think that room to spam blaster is good. It's nice punishing GnW's aerials with blaster, but if you're on a small stage, that would be more difficult? I dunno.

Personally, I would take GnW to Lylat. I don't have as much diffculty as others there. Also, take him to YI, his jump does not work on the right edge of the stage.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Take everyone to Frigate . I <3 Frigate XD. Either that or PS1 since the blastzone sides are closer.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Something happened to the links when you posted them. My links work, what you posted does not. Anyone know why that happened? :(

Gnw? Uh... I think that room to spam blaster is good. It's nice punishing GnW's aerials with blaster, but if you're on a small stage, that would be more difficult? I dunno.

Personally, I would take GnW to Lylat. I don't have as much diffculty as others there. Also, take him to YI, his jump does not work on the right edge of the stage.
Dang, guess I messed up. Well I'll probably just end up changing it to just link you to the page we started that discussion on sometime tomorrow maybe.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Take everyone to Frigate . I <3 Frigate XD. Either that or PS1 since the blastzone sides are closer.
Really? O_O I never knew that. I'll have to practice on those stages more <3

Only qualm I have with Frigate: Me vs MK, last stock, he was at ~130 I was at like, 50. I dsmash him and he had crap DI so he would have died. BUT the stage flipped, he hit the stage and lived, I got caught under and died D=

And that's why Frigate is dumb =)

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
But if Wolf goes under the stage, as in, he's hit there, you can't move along the bottom with UPB to get back. The 90 degree angle on the bottom is the reason for that. btw, good **** for maining Wolf.

Dang, guess I messed up. Well I'll probably just end up changing it to just link you to the page we started that discussion on sometime tomorrow maybe.
Don't, because one person's page 6 is another person's page 14. That takes people to different places. Anyway, I figured out what to do. Right click my links and "Copy link location". You see, you copied the abbreviated link directly, which is why it won't show up. Try again, one more time.

Really? O_O I never knew that. I'll have to practice on those stages more <3

Only qualm I have with Frigate: Me vs MK, last stock, he was at ~130 I was at like, 50. I dsmash him and he had crap DI so he would have died. BUT the stage flipped, he hit the stage and lived, I got caught under and died D=

And that's why Frigate is dumb =)
Like I said above, the ninety degree angle of the stage bottom makes it impossible to recover if you're hit below it.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Pretty much. I'm on page 10 for this discussion.

And yeah, get caught under and you're screwed. But the idea is to not get caught under, with enough practice I'm sure you'll figure how to never get caught under the stage =)

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Pretty much. I'm on page 10 for this discussion.

And yeah, get caught under and you're screwed. But the idea is to not get caught under, with enough practice I'm sure you'll figure how to never get caught under the stage =)
I'm on page 38. >_> EDIT: Nevermind, now I'm on 39... lol

And this is very true. It's just such a horrible feeling when you get caught under that I'd do whatever it takes to be perfectly free from it. D=

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Asaph, am I gonna see you this weekend in md/va? If so, WOLF DITTOS XD
haha Sure thing. You're going to the Circuit Championship? I should be there if I'm not hit by a car between now and then.

And you're probably going to beat me. I'm good at the middle of every month, then I just bair all day. >_> Ditto Seagull more than me, he's usually at tip top shape.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Once you're at a certain amount of % he can't 0-death CG you anymore. idk the specifics but I'm pretty sure Pikachu players can help us here.

:059:

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I used to second him, so I guess I have a legit opinion?

People you can also use your experiences vs Pika as an opinion, it's legit >_>

You should beat Pika in the air, Fair and Bair both beat anything Pika can throw at you in the air, watch for QAC though. Speaking of which, if he QAC's and then double jumps, when he lands if he's not doing an attack (So if he airdodges or does nothing) he gets the regular lag from the QAC.

Uhm...Reflector/PS/Bair > Thunder Jolt. Dsmash has a ton of priority. Fsmash gets stronger the closer it is to Pika's body. You outprioritize Pika in the air. It's relatively hard for Pika to kill, so just don't be predictable and you won't get hit by thunder bolt/Fsmash/Usmash/Nair.

Idk what else to say... that was one of the things I hated about Pika: Not enough priority. OH and I'm not sure about this but check to see if you can shine in between Pika's Fair to whatever gimmicks (That is when the fair hits you). Also be aware of punishing fair too early, it's a good multi-hitting move.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Plus, its not even hard for a pikachu to do the cg. I don't like it at all. Pikachu is probably wolf's worst match just because of his buffer cg which is soooo easy to do. I'd rather fight d3s.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Once you're at a certain amount of % he can't 0-death CG you anymore. idk the specifics but I'm pretty sure Pikachu players can help us here.

Quoting this for emphasis because some people seem to not understand. If you let Pikachu hit for like 20% before he grabs you he can't CG you very long.

tekkie

Smash Master
Quoting this for emphasis because some people seem to not understand. If you let Pikachu hit for like 20% before he grabs you he can't CG you very long.

they aren't going to hit you up to high percentages.

QAC gives them retardedly good movement and pikachu's kill power is awesome. he has a lot of high priority and ranged moves.

also don't bother trying to shine thunder when he hits you up i tried that like six times last time i fought a pikachu and it never worked lol

anyways even without the CG i'd put it at least 55:45 pikachu.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
55:45 Without CG
60:40 if hazing is legal.
70:30 if Hazing is illegal.

Am I missing anything??

ATOMSK IS MAININ WOLF?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
People need to get it that he can CG up to many percents at many different percents! Point try your best not to get grabbed

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
So like...I beat Neo 2-1 with wolf in a Money Match.
Was it at the Circuit Championship? **** myself if I missed that. >_< Good job. I played Neo's Marth two times, I got two-stocked and then one-stocked. So close to winning once I had adapted, but then he went Ike, and I sobbed.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Yea they were last stock last hit all 3 games. We both made stupid comebacks lolz it was funny XD. 'Twas also fun :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom