• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sound Glitch

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I found a strange sound glitch involving fox.

I got bored yesterday during our smash fest, so I decided to show off how bad the computer was (we were trying to figure out where to eat). I went dreamland (I was Pika, cpu lvl9 was Fox). I just stayed on the left side of the stage, and let the cpu up-B towards me and off the stage (suiciding). I would simply shield and he would go through me and die. Fox would say "Fire", go through me, and die.

After I did that a bunch of times, Fox said "Fire", as he was supposed to, but as he went off the stage, he said it a second time (with another explosion when he said it). I heard it, and only one other person heard it. I continued doing the suicide, and after 5 or so more tries, he did it again. I kept doing it, and sometimes (about a 10% success rate), he would say it twice. I don't know if it has something to do with Pikachu's shield or the ledge... or just a random sound glitch, but still...

Has anyone had something like this happen to them?

If anyone wants to replicate this sound glitch, go Pikachu (I don't think your character matters), make the opponent cpu a Fox, and stand on the left side under the left platform (on the left side of the left platform). If fox is in the middle of the stage at the right spot, he will up-B towards you. If he's too close, he will attack (just roll to the other side of the stage and roll back when he gets close). If he's too far away, he'll shoot lazers... until he gets close enough to up-B (just shield the lazers).

Anyone have an explanation?

I'll try to get it recorded (though not having any working recording equipment doesn't help...)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Maybe its the ledge cancel? I think Link does ledge cancel (on any platform) to immediate up+b, dont know about Fox though.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's the same thing as in your video House. I saw it happen, and I would describe it as more of an edge-cancelling thing...Fox would fly off the edge, edge-cancel it, then immediately up-B again, except it was as if the second up-B instantly fired without the normal charge time, and then didn't go anywhere; i.e. there was a second explosion graphic on Fox and a second, completely distinct instance of him saying "FIRE!".

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
I don't think it's the same thing as in your video House. I saw it happen, and I would describe it as more of an edge-cancelling thing...Fox would fly off the edge, edge-cancel it, then immediately up-B again, except it was as if the second up-B instantly fired without the normal charge time, and then didn't go anywhere; i.e. there was a second explosion graphic on Fox and a second, completely distinct instance of him saying "FIRE!".
Um, watch House's video carefully. That's exactly what happens.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
It's just positioning. Fox must pronounce the letter E as he goes off the edge (out of the word "Fire").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW96gNwyTZk
Mine happened at the end of Fox's up-B (as in right before he starts falling), but I think it's essencially the same thing. Nybb was there, and in my case it was two distinct "fire" sounds. There must be something about the ledge that makes him say it again. Boom's example is the same idea (the ledge makes him say it again, but saying it at the same time makes it sound louder). Strange glitch, but funny nonetheless :p

Although this has absolutely no effect on competitive play, I think someone should figure out why this happens :p

smakis

Smash Ace
wait.....fox says fire when he do up b? rofl im really bad at sounds in ssb, i always thought he said "HI-YAA" or something, and in melee ness's pk flash sounds like pk cross in my ears (though ness sounds like he just hit puberty), and in ssb i always heard "he can" fire/thunder until i actually played earthbound =P

NixxxoN

Smash Master
wait.....fox says fire when he do up b? rofl im really bad at sounds in ssb, i always thought he said "HI-YAA" or something, and in melee ness's pk flash sounds like pk cross in my ears (though ness sounds like he just hit puberty), and in ssb i always heard "he can" fire/thunder until i actually played earthbound =P
lol english with japanese accent

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I still here something like "WO-YA" in both melee and 64 when Fox does his up-B. And I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who hears PK cross. Though I also hear PK feather instead of thunder. Can't think of any other sound differences I hear...

I know what it's supposed to say, but I still hear those.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Um, watch House's video carefully. That's exactly what happens.
Well if that's the case, then my bad. I was using a school computer then and was unable to actually watch it (same as now). I was just going by House's description, particularly the part where he said Fox just pronounces the 'e' again. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what House was trying to say.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I tested the fox thing more, and I've managed to do it in many locations and at different parts of the up-B. I think it might have something to do with fox passing the ledge on a frame (as in he passes it during a frame and not in between).

Top Bottom