• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4 Official Housing/Hotel thread. Figure out your sleeping arrangements here!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
*Pound* 4 Housing

So if you're reading this thread and planning to come to *Pound* 4, you're probably a huge idiot and should change your mind. If you don't want to change your mind, then leave the thread now and try to find a way to cope with years of regret between now and the tournament.

Housing Options:

The Twin Hotels:

I would encourage most players to go with the option of getting rooms in these hotels. Most players will be doing so and in order to get the discount rate, 50 rooms need to be rented out total for the days of the tournament (that's about 17 a night, so that shouldn't be a problem). Fests will be happening all around the hotels, i'm sure. The two hotels are right next to each other and are the Courtyard (which I suggest gets filled first) then the Fairfield Inn and Suites. You can choose either

2 Queen beds -

or

1 King bed and a pull out Sofa -

Here are the perks of these hotels:

• All Marriot hotels and are extremely nice. Each room can hold (legally) up to 5 people, but you should definitely be able to squeeze a few more if you desire
  • $89 a night. For a Marriot, this is a steal. The rooms are usually between $160-180 a night.
  • Free breakfast included, and for one of the hotels (courtyard) this breakfast is a full buffet, rather than a continental breakfast.
  • Free shuttle to and from the venue, paid for by Marriot Hotels Inc. SOLELY for our event. Take advantage.
  • Full size indoor pool and a half basketball court outside of one of the hotels.
  • Both hotels are within walking distance of each other, Chipotle, TGI Fridays, Panda Express, Champions Bar+Billiards, Starbucks, Quiznos, Mcdonalds, Romano's Macaroni Grill, Westview 16 Movie theatres, Maggie Moo's Ice cream, Japanese Steakhouse, etc. When I say walking distance I mean literally 500 feet.

The link to the hotel site can be found
Note: For the discounted rate to apply you -MUST- reserve your room by December 25th. The deadline is typically 2 months before the event for an offer like this. I convinced her to push it to 3 weeks before.

Anyone who doesn't know wants to split a hotel but doesn't know who they want to split with or who would want them, this is your place!

Smasher Housing:

I'm not sure of any smashers in MD/VA housing people. If you are an MD/VA smasher open to housing but not sure who you want to house, let me know and I'll add you to this thread.

I myself am already full cuz I'm housing the europeans in my apartment, but hopefully there are others who can step up! If so, I'll add you to the list with this format

Player Housing: Plank

# of people housable: 10-15
Distance from venue (miles): 2
Can provide transportation to venue?: Yes
Special Requirements: Bring sleeping bags and pillows

etc
etc

Alright, if anyone has any questions or suggestions let me know, I just kind of threw this together! Discuss your housing situation here. I would really really suggest the hotels because the deal is great and it's gonna be quite the hotspot!

pockyD

Smash Legend
me and a few others from norcal need housing thursday night; we can be out of your hair friday morning and we'll be at the hotel through the tournament

SILENTSPECTRE included

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
oh mer gerd SS is cominz

uhhh

pocky i forget if euros are coming before friday. if not, i can house u guys that night, but id still look around.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
pocky i forget if euros are coming before friday.
Um... at least the swedes and the danes (iirc) are coming on monday =)

BTW, when you say you're housing the "euros", do you also mean during the tournament? What kind of transportation to the venue are we talking about?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

BTW, when you say you're housing the "euros", do you also mean during the tournament? What kind of transportation to the venue are we talking about?
yeah i can house u guys alll tourney cuz ur spending so much to get here. if u wanna hotel tho go for it.

me and my gf will both be able to drive. we may have to make 2 trips each way but its a 2 mile drive...

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Scidadle

And Polmex23 representing Tampa not very hard (Maybe RedHal who will rep hard)

Should hopefully be going.

UUAA wants me to fly the same flight as you Juan :3

phish-it

Smash Champion
I must admit that is a legit hotel offer there, look at everything you are getting for your money! Can't go wrong.

pockyD

Smash Legend
booked the norcal room at the courtyard

hope that's where everyone else is going to be

because the breakfast buffet sounds like ****

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
it has free continental breakfast for all hotel guests...or am I wrong?

I'm assuming you have more than 2 people per room, correct?

If you don't care about getting a free buffet with one roommate while the others have to pay for it, then that's all good...

just lookin out for your feasting interests

pockyD

Smash Legend
frankly, a continental breakfast is worthless (it's like 50 cents worth at a supermarket)

if we each get one buffet, that's better than 4 continental breakfasts imo

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
it's 2 buffet tickets per room, but since it's all you can eat i'm assuming you can trade them off when you go back to your room? if not, people will have to swap each day who gets the breakfast or something and the other can go to the other hotel or will have to grab something else or pay for it instead :[

usually no rooms get ANY free buffets and have to pay, so im not 100% sure how it works. i can look into it for you guys, though.

pockyD

Smash Legend
typically if it's "tickets", they take the tickets away when you enter the buffet

i'm not that worried, i rarely eat breakfast anyway so as long as i experience it once, i'll be fine

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
People who are driving from the north (Canada and Maine and stuff)

If you want to come to my place Thursday or Friday for the night and head to the venue saturday. I can offer housing for that night. I live about 5-10 minutes from 95 in between Philly and the Delaware border. It is between 2 and 3 hours from the venue. PM me, because I am probably not checking this thread too often.

I figured if you had the time it would be nice to split the travel into two chunks rather than driving straight there. You can stay monday night too, but you gotta leave on tuesday morning at like 7 AM.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
good **** pakman. yea i would say its a solid 2.5 hours from philly, as low as 2 or as high as 3.5 depending on traffic

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Yo, looking for some other people to fill a hotel room, 3 more slots open.

Current people:

Snakeee
I wouldn't mind joining you guys, are you driving down or what? Because I've been thinking about taking a bus myself although I haven't bought the tickets yet.

Let's cut that room price down.:)

edit: strike that, I just map quest it and it's only a 2 and a half hour drive. That's not too bad at all.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
is there any group of 3-5 driving in who want a free place to stay for the tournament? i have a guy who is offering to house from about 30 mins west of the venue but he wants respectful people to his home so i'm gonna make sure it's someone i trust.

COK? michigan? someone from the west it's right off of rt 70

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind joining you guys, are you driving down or what? Because I've been thinking about taking a bus myself although I haven't bought the tickets yet.
Not currently unfortunately, I personally might end up hitching a ride with some other LI smashers, but no plans to go down as a group right now.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah tristan frederick isnt too bad from charlottesville. u still play melee? or just brawl now? i remember playing you in that one random tourney here a long time ago in melee, lol

sheik dittos!

stelzig

Smash Lord

Just confirming that me and jonas will arrive at the exact same time as the swedes on monday.

Are there any other euros you're currently planning on housing other than the danes and swedes plank?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
yeah tristan frederick isnt too bad from charlottesville. u still play melee? or just brawl now? i remember playing you in that one random tourney here a long time ago in melee, lol

sheik dittos!
...Dude.... That was like my first real tournament (anime conventions don't count) back in 06 at a MLG tourney like a month or two after my group discovered smashboards the best 5 of us decided to “Kick ***” and go to the biggest tournament we could.

How on earth do you remember me?! Mad props for memory Plank! Mad Props!

..Anyways I do still play melee and still enjoy it more than Brawl but because I have practically no one to play with now I’ve converted to play for the most part purely Brawl. I still join smaller, local tournaments but I’m unsure if I’m going to join this melee one as well with Brawl. My hands are going to be full just trying to perfect my brawl Sheik so I can have a respectable placement in the bracket(heck I'm cocky enough to say I could get my money back.) meanwhile my melee sheik I’ll be lucky to even get out of the pools.

I’m still on the fence though; I mean someone has to pay Mango.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Hmm yeah i think me faab amsah en remen(maybe an adam comes along) also still need housing.. Dont know though if any if them aranged anything yet ..

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
plank i'll be driving in on 70 probably but im hoping to have souroush with me and he'll just make omelettes in this dudes kitchen or something i imagine

really though i have no idea who is coming besides me in this car

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
iirc i didnt like souroush in my house so im prob not gonna put that on someone else ROFL

Top Bottom