• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Machine: Metal Sonic-V1.5 finally UP!

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
down-taunt changed.
a-combo is faster.
he's heavier.
air-dodge changed back to normal.
side-taunt: he spins his head 360 degrees.
grab: he launches his hand off after you.
f-throw: his hand flies off while holding you. Then his hand explodes.
you'll need the new MotionPac.

ok here it is:

V.0.1 download: http://www.mediafire.com/?z5nzvly9q2n

V.0.2 download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oeizwi2lmzn

V.0.3 download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z5nzvly9q2n

V.0.4 download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ttmzgz1ntnv

V.0.5 download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?11mdtzi3ify

V.0.6 download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?noyjej2tzyz

V.0.7 download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zmmykztmnyz

MotionPac (needed for V.0.7+) upload: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n4mmgza5zky

V.0.8 download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0tqadg0fjwi

V1 download: http://www.mediafire.com/?yiogyjtojkw

V1.1 download: http://www.mediafire.com/?dl322femmei

V1.2 download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ezqzjtu2in

V.1.3 download: http://www.mediafire.com/?wjuiitwnewf

V1.4 download: http://www.mediafire.com/?mmzqyyknznz

V.1.5 download: http://www.mediafire.com/?5mdozk4zewh

MotionPac (needed for V.1.5+): http://www.mediafire.com/?oixrtl22zmm

Texture by Vide Infra (might not be the same as the one you see, but its close): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WGYKT0OF

Moveset Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI9S-F0Vtm8

Up Smash: two small pillars pop out on both his sides

Down Smash: a large electric shockwave
Forward Smash: same, effects added

Up B: rocket shoes boost upward

Side B: rocket shoes shoot sideways
Down B: a reflective barrier

Neutral B: shoots lazer

Up tilt: uppercut. hits twice
Side tilt: punch-hits twice
down tilt: rollout-for lack of a better name

Up air: Warp fist-Opponent needs to DI, and they control which way to go
Forward Air: a downward slice that spikes
Neutral Air: Spins around and zaps people.
Back Air: super kick with sweetspot.

Down Air: shoots fire out of rocket-shoes to spike

A combo: punch, downward punch, kick *NEW!*

Dash: He floats, like the classic Metal Sonic always does.

Down Taunt changed!

Final Smash: got the idea from Sanitys Thief and this video.
basically, he goes into a big, spiked ball of doom and flies forward, destroying victims he hits. you can end it early by pressing A.

grab attack (don't really know what to call it): zaps them
down-throw: slams tham into the ground and shocks them

Up taunt changed!

He takes out his "claws", like Wolverine. He keeps them until you use the down-taunt
It changes some moves now.
-forward smash: double hit combo-swipe to uppercut
-side-tilt: triple hit combo-two punches to an uppercut
-forward air: a flying punch
-down smash- a spinning slice

To change his moves back to normal, use the down-taunt.

Conscious

Smash Rookie
Looks really tight but the upsmash might be a little spammable. Great job, and good expansion to the PSA scene.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
eh, the up smash isn't so spammable. i dunno why, but i've tried to, and it isn't too easy to spam.

oh, and about having a video...
YES![/Captain Falcon]

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
anyone try it out yet?

unless it's perfect (in which case you could tell me, too), you should say something.
or just compliment it.

Famiac

Smash Rookie
download

the download for v1 does not work. it is stuck on the processing download request.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
This happened before. I think the problem is just with MediaFire.
Just wait a while...

Famiac

Smash Rookie
could you please reupload it? i have been waiting for a while (before i became a member)
It doesn't take that long...
PLEASE?

marter

Smash Apprentice
The download is still not working. Can someone please upload the v1.0 file somewhere else?
The download link is working for me now! As for my thought on the one that I downloaded before (v 0.8):

This is so much better that normal sonic, and I quite enjoyed using him. He now currently replaces sonic on my Brawl. Thanks for creating him. It doesn't appear that the claws work properly in this version, but I assume that has been fixed in v 1.0.

BEES

Smash Lord
must be doing something wrong... I get the metal sonic moveset with all types of sonic, and up taunt doesn't change that

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
The thing about this moveset is... well, it feels like about half of it is amazingly excellent, and half is... not. It has great potential, though, so since you asked for feedback, I'll give my advice.

1. Overuse of special effects on normal moves should be reserved for characters for whom it is either A. suitable or B. created by someone who doesn't want to actually design new moves and therefore tries to make their character seem 'unique' by adding special effects. Take out the impaling on his down-smash - it's unnecessary, unsuitable, and doesn't really add anything to the character.
2. Up Smash should also be changed. If you're really set on keeping the double-energy-geyser idea, at least fix the graphics a bit - make the effects move upwards instead of just appearing all at once, and make them a little different on the ground to show that they are coming 'out' of the ground. Right now it just looks like he slams the ground and a bunch of little bubbles appear in the air next to him.
3. Neutral Air - Not too much of a problem, but you know, you don't HAVE to change an air animation to a ground one just to make him seem a little more unique if the original air animation looks better. Just put an electric effect over Sonic's normal Neutral Air animation.
3. Forward Air - Terrible. Change it completely. Avoid using ground animations for aerial moves in general, but this... was just a bad choice.
4. Down Air - Not so bad, but still looks a little weird. I'd prefer the effect used for his current aerial Down B.
5. Special moves should never be completely different attacks depending on whether they are used in the air or on the ground. They can have a slight variations, but they should at least be close enough to be considered the same attack. This is a rule held by every official Smash character made so far, and there's no reason why Metal Sonic should be different, yet he breaks this rule for 3 out of 4 specials.
A. Why should neutral B be any different in the air? Just make him hover for a moment and set off a stunning burst in the air as well, and make the ground version reflect projectiles. There's no reason for having 2 separate attacks.
B. Side B... Pick one of them for use both on the ground and in the air. Personally I think the current aerial version is a lot more fun, but pick whichever you prefer.
C. Down B... This one's tricky, especially because the effects used would be perfect for use elsewhere. The aerial version would be better as his Down Air, and the ground version would make an excellent Down Smash. That would leave Down B open for a new move... Maybe give him the Black Shield to reflect projectiles (and just make B neutral only offensive, perhaps make it a chargeable shock attack)? You might be able to import the effect from Nayru's Love...
6. Not sure what to say about the laser for A. Seems a little... special for his most basic attack, you know what I mean? It might make more sense as a Special...

This moveset has potential to be awesome. Don't ruin it!

marter

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I've found some issues/suggestions to do with Metal Sonic v 1.1.

1) Spot Dodge (Shield+Down) is not working. Right now it has Sonic spin in whatever direction he is facing, and then teleport back to the spot he was on.

2) Down Aerial is just bad in my opinion. I'd either keep the same start animation (Sonic Spinning headfirst towards the ground) and just have that hit a few times, or change it to a move like R.O.B's down aerial, with the flames coming out of the boots. Just change this to what is currently the Aerial Down B move, but maybe with a little rise like R.O.B's.

3) The claws. Currently, down taunt does not remove the claws, but does change the moveset back. When Metal Sonic dies, the claws vanish, but the moves stay the same like when the claws are out.

4) Neutral A, please change it to a jab or something, and make this his neutral B. I think it would work a lot better.

5) Side B, Choose one or the other, I personally prefer the aerial one.

6) Forward Aerial without claws, it looks like he is winding up, but never does anything with it. This needs changing. I'm not sure what, but it looks really bad.

Hope this helps you out.

BEES

Smash Lord
I disagree with the point about his specials changing in the air. I like the complexity that adds to the character, and I wish all characters did that.

Currently Metal Sonic seems overpowered. Though it's actually hard to tell. He's hard to control; really does feel like you're using a new character. One with lots of rapid and spammable attacks--which, admittedly do not do that much damage.

That's not a big deal; he's obviously not a tourney legal character, and he's not so utterly unbalanced that nothing can be done about him. The only thing I can say for certain is that he's better than regular Sonic. Not sure how much, but definitely some extent better. I would work with the moveset he has, tweak it until it's reasonable.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Alright, bombed with criticism, lemme sort this out...

I'll change Side B on the ground to its aerial version.
Change Down B (ground) into the down-smash.
Change Down B (Air) into down-air.
Change Neutral B (Air) into its ground version.
Change F-air...any suggestions?
Switch A into something else.
Change Down B into something else.

So...
What do I do with the F-air, A combo, and Down B?
And where do I find character-specific graphics in BrawlBox? Otherwise, I can't use Nayru's Love's effect.
And if the neutral B on the ground reflects and the Down B reflects, won't they be kind of...the same?

Nothing about the Final Smash or claws? okay.

marter

Smash Apprentice
Alright, bombed with criticism, lemme sort this out...

I'll change Side B on the ground to its aerial version.
Change Down B (ground) into the down-smash.
Change Down B (Air) into down-air.
Change Neutral B (Air) into its ground version.
Change F-air...any suggestions?
Switch A into something else.
Change Down B into something else.

So...
What do I do with the F-air, A combo, and Down B?
And where do I find character-specific graphics in BrawlBox? Otherwise, I can't use Nayru's Love's effect.
And if the neutral B on the ground reflects and the Down B reflects, won't they be kind of...the same?

Nothing about the Final Smash or claws? okay.
Actually, I responded saying the claws are partially broken.
I suggest changing neutral A into neutral B, and then putting in the current neutral B as Down B. Then you can change neutral A into a Jab sort of move, that fits neutral A much better. Here's a summary if that was hard to follow:

Neutral A: A jab
Neutral B: Current Neutral A (Laser)
Down B: Current Neutral B (Sparks)

As for Forward Air, maybe try a move like DK's Forward Air. A Spiking move would be nice, and I think that styl of move would work well.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
the game FREAKS OUT when you grab spicy curry. First, the characters disappear (INCLUDING people NOT metal sonic), then the screen zooms in to the center of the stage... then... nothing happens. I mean, if you jump or use an arial, the sound effect plays, but nothing else happens. I tried killing myself, but that doesn't seem to work. Also, occasionally, he will spawn a laser pistol in his hands if you use the laser too much.

Oh, and the upsmash has hitstun worth ****.

But overall nice character, but he needs a lot of tweaks. Insert Indigo's post here lol. I can't wait to see what he's like in a few editions!

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Alright, changed a lot...

f-air: a downward slice that spikes
neutral B: shoots laser
down B: a reflector
down-air: previous down-B (air)
down-smash: previous down B (ground)
a-combo: triple homing attack

maybe more, but i can't remember.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
You'll find Nayru's Love in the FitZelda.pac. Sonic's got a lot of effects to replace, so you can probably find one that you don't need and put it there.

In case you've never seen the Black Shield, it appears at around 1:20 in this video, though the quality's not too good... It was a move used in SA2B to block special attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FswZtwU3Bxw&feature=related

By the way, if you're looking for new aerial attack animations and you want them to look natural in the air (not standing on invisible ground, in other words), check out LightThrowAir and SmashThrowAir - two all-around good generic aerial attack animations.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
In the last picture of the OP, it looks like Metal Sonic is flipping the bird with both hands. >_>

I think Black Shield would be fairly hard to recreate accurately visual wise...

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Are there pros and cons of using w/o and with the Claws?
I haven't tried the pac yet but my idea seems that someone might use the claws for teh whole duration of the match.

*I miss my Wii ;_;

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
In the last picture of the OP, it looks like Metal Sonic is flipping the bird with both hands. >_>

I think Black Shield would be fairly hard to recreate accurately visual wise...
Perfectly accurate maybe, but it's still a diamond-shaped spinning deflector shield. Nayru's Love would fit well.

Also, I don't know if there's a way to make the claws work. Some GFX don't go away once they start... As cool as they are, maybe it's better to either get rid of them or make him always have them.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
lol, SA2B is one of the ONLY Sonic games i have.
but since i couldn't find where Nayru's Love was, i replaced it with the current down B.
and yes, Nayru's Love is like Black Shield, from what i remember.

i also remember Metal Sonic as being pretty cheap...

i'll change the A combo to a jab...
and i could make you remove the claws with the down-taunt...but that would take a lot of coding (about 4 lines of code on EVERY animation)

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Eh? I said it was in FitZelda.pac, under ModelData[2], called EffZeldaNayru.
i meant previously , before you told me that.

The down-b looks better.
the a combo has been changed.
the claws now last until you use the down-taunt.

Replies would help a lot.:p

marter

Smash Apprentice
Alright, Metal Sonic v. 1.3. Here is what I have observed:
At times, the claws disappear, and then re-appear. (After shooting the laser, after being hit and grabbing two handed items are a few)
Up taunt makes claws appear, down taunt makes claws disappear. (This is good, but I'd recommend changing down taunt to something unique like up daunt, actually showing the claws going away.
I really dislike forward aerial without the claws out. This may just be a personal preference, but I don't like waiting for that long to actually attack.
Down B has practically no lag, and is really easy to spam.
Dodge (Down+Shield) is still broken.
Curry makes my game freeze.
Up Smash is able to juggle up to around 50% by itself.
Held items disappear when using Neutral B (and the laser doesn't shoot).
Not sure if intentional or not, but Down B changes colours at times, and phases out, only to go back to normal around a second after. This continues as long as you hold it down.

Overall, miles better than previous versions, just needs tweaking now.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
the claws disappear because i had to put the claw code in a subaction for them to disappear. putting them in EVERY one would make the file size too large and doom us all, so i just put them in subactions that'll be used a lot. but i guess i can put them into neutral B and holding two-handed objects .

i dunno what the down-taunt should be.

don't spiking moves take a long time, generally? but i could make it not spike and speed it up...

i can fix the down B's lag...

the dodge was intended to be like that. it's a "hologram projection".

i have no idea what's wrong with the curry, or how to fix it.

i'm gonna fix the up smash, but i might accidentally overpower it.

it's the way the code is that makes the Neutral B not work. I could make it still fire, but there's no way to make it so that you don't lose the item you're holding (so drop it or something first).

the down B's graphic problems are part of the graphic effect, and i can't change that.

NoBio

Smash Apprentice
Metal Sonic is great but standard B is incredibly spammable. If you press it just as you leave the ground, you shoot it, re-land, and you have no lag. Continue forever for an onslaught of lasers.

~NoTrace

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I thought of a way that might make B usable without losing items.

Put a drop item event > spawn ray gun > fire gun > consume item > pick up item, all in a single frame.

Should work... Also, you do know how to make a move retain the same animation in the air or on the ground so that you still have lag when hitting the ground, right? Look at anyone with a single-move SpecialN for reference. Just make sure you use an aerial and ground animation with the same number of frames, like ItemShoot/ItemAirShoot.

Gyros Kirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3247-1699
Switch FC
5691-0378-5993
Can the running animation have super sonic flying animation? It should be cool. The voice would be chanced to like have the voices from he's appears in the sonic game's.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
So i'll give the Neutral B landing lag.

his running animation IS Super Sonic's flying animation.
and i don't know how to swap sound effects.
and if i did know, i don't have any references for sound effects...other than SA2B.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
alright, v1.4 UP!

the neutral B has lag even if you start in the air
the down B has more lag
the up smash has more base knockback
couldn't fix the superspicy curry, so it kills you.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I didn't want to triple post, but you people leave me no choice!

Where did all of the (constructive) criticism go?

Top Bottom