• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible London European tournament Winter 2010

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I hear a lot of Europeans are very interested in coming to London for a European tournament. Recently a lot of smashers in London are becoming more and more available to houe people which was my main problem overall with hosting National/European tournaments.

Dates? My monthlies are usually at the end of the month, therefore I can replace one of these in 2010 for a National/European and I'm sure the European interest will also interest the best of the UK smashers to travel.
Gonna need to find out holiday dates first, will try to arrange a date around those

what about easter holidays for everyone? say...

April 8th/9th/10th
Thurs/Fri/Sat

or

April 9th/10th/11th
Fri/Sat/Sun

So what days would be better? Fri+Sat, Sat+Sun, Thu+Fri+Sat, Fri+Sat+Sun?

I've never held a 2/3 day event before apart from working with Neoempire (people had to travel to the venue, there was no housing provided) but still about 200-300 people went to that event and it was so successful that Namco even provided me a tekken 6 promo =)

Already a few dutchies have told me they are interested in coming for Brawl such as Istudying who said they will bring more brawlers to this if I confirm it. Also Izaw!

In the past Amsah and a lot of other big names in Europe have definitely been interested in coming to London but there has been no one to step up to the plate till now!

About t.vs and venue:

- I already own 15-20 T.V's and store them in the venue
- I will check how many people the venue can hold, if I need to find bigger then I'll go back into looking (It's prob too small to be honest)
- One problem with the venue I use is saturdays there is a church service in the morning, only able to use the venue from 1:30pm onwards
- Second problem with the venue is I have to clean up around 9->9:30pm, I have the venue until 10pm

Most likely if this happens the tournaments will be £5/10 each because it will be huge, this includes singles and doubles for both games

+ YOU GET TO PLAY PROFESSOR PRO/RETROKING (TOS)!

Samochan

Smash Master
February would be cool to me at least. Can't do March, "intensive week" at school. January's too early, people need to collect moneys too and everyone's most likely broke right after christmass and new's year, especially when pound 4 is on january and big names are going.

Fri-Sun is the best imo, take most from the weekends so even if people have school, they can ask for vacation or come to this tourney on friday. 1 day leave from school/work shouldn't be extra troublesome for anyone, unlike thu-sat.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'm interested in this, but I'm only avilable for the first 2 possible dates, and I'll miss a day of class for the second (it's the 2nd day of the semester so no big deal).

During the summer holidays I'll be too busy with a tournament of my own lol.

edit: Ixis better come to this if I can. Let's get some Bowser challenges going :D

auroreon

Smash Ace
Those are just example dates I think.
Both me and Ixis would most deffinatly be attending this, almost any date is good for us.
Let me know if you need any help with anything Fuzz, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

I really don't think you could do something like this in the current venue, would probably need something larger. Also need to make sure it doesn't clash with any other european tourneys, which could be tough.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I consider going if there are at least 2 days of Melee and if I find some cheap plane tickets.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Fuzz, you can't hope to manage this into everyone's holidays. >.> There's prolly zero holidays around feb anyway and everyone has different winter holidays.
If you make it like very beginning of January, where nearly everyone has still holidays it should be fine I think.

I know that here in Portugal we have like a tiny week of holidays in February, which doesn't look very reliable anyway.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
are these the same for other European countries?

what about easter holidays for everyone? say...

April 8th/9th/10th
Thurs/Fri/Sat

or

April 9th/10th/11th
Fri/Sat/Sun

I dont get half terms cause I'm at uni, and I'm sure other smashers are too + in the working world
doesn't mean I cant host during half term, just means that a lot of others can't come

VA

Smash Hero
I'm totally up for this. If you need anything, brighton housing or anything let me know :D

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Fuzzy, somewhere in april onishiba also wanted to host a tourney. Don't know if this is still gonne ba held though, but his date is in a vacation of a lot of ppl iirc. So you better look in his thread for more info.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
early feb has the most countries holidays..but april a few too

hm

most are ok with

April 8th/9th/10th
Thurs/Fri/Sat

but there's also

February 19/20/21

Kinda early for me tho =/

then there's the summer holidays.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Charles theres no way we can do it in the April holidays, cuz were going to Dolls Wars at Austria, like Gregs said. I think alot of people get a week holiday in Febuary if i remember correctly, and i think most peoples holidays are the same week from all around Europe, so just gotta find out the week we are off. Host ur normal monthly in January though, then maybe host another one in febuary, idk i'll discuss in it UK chat when i get home prolly.

Top Bottom