• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of order, new matchup thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Honestly... we learned next to nothing new about the MK matchup. We just have more/better Wolf rep... because Anti and Atomsk went Wolf against M2K once and did quite well... awesome, let's use that to justify everything :bee:

But really, idk what the hell I'm saying. I need to rest, and M2K needs to learn the Wolf matchup.

:059:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Its easy to say this and that works against this and that but until i actually see someone doing it i wont b a believer of Wolf vs MK being 40-60 lol. Only thing wolf can really do is play smart and patient and try to punish every little mistake that MK makes. Wolf doesnt really have a move that MK cant compete with or downright beat

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Use lots of retreating fair/blaster in the air stay out of his grabrange avoid utilt and fsmash at higher % don't get hit offstage always DI upwards win

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
45-55 matchup.

It's slightly in Kirby's favor. Kirby does have the worst jab cancel of any characters with a regular type jab. So getting grabbed that way should be virtually impossible unless you are just constantly shielding. Avoid Kirby at edges at all times. He will Kirbycide if he knows what he is doing because Wolf has about 80% chance of not making it back. Don't follow Kirby over edge unless your under him and use an uair or fair. Bair is an obviously bad choice because then you get Kirbycided. Kirby has a combo type grab on Wolf. If he does fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fsmash. You can perfect shield the fsmash every time. That should not hit you.

Wolf should distance himself with Lasers. B reversal lasers work great in this matchup. Also space bairs. Getting grabbed isn't good in any matchup, this one especially. Retreating Fairs virtually beats Kirby's entire air game. Use Shine to not get juggled. If a Kirby follows up or over edge. Shine is best option because he can't beat Shine. Kirby is light. Wolf is heavy. The only move in Kirby's arsenal to avoid is his Fsmash. If he stales it then your 100% good. Stale is like 2 Kirby Fsmash. Watch out for his Uair's ******** hitbox. Grab him and combo. I'll think of more later.

tekkie

Smash Master
Retreating Fairs virtually beats Kirby's entire air game.
kirby is a short little ******* will these ever hit ever on the ground?

also i still don't get why retreating fairs are supposed to be awesome. i mean, are they supposed to actually hit them? because you need to be pretty **** close to them. i guess it makes sense as a strictly defensive/OoS type option. where should the opponent be when you intend to retrating fair?

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
If kirby tries to do low % damage grab combos on you try to DI a bunch as sometimes you can like DI the u-air enough so that you're like out of his grab range. At least I'm pretty sure you can since I did it on some kirby a month or so ago.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Look at the Wolf vs Kirby thread in the Kirby boards, iirc it had some pretty good info. I'll copy my post from there in here later.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
mmkay, lessee...
when you get caught in kirby's dair how should you react, which way do you DI? my friend gets me pretty randomly with it and it'd be nice to know what to do

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Btw you should never be in a spot where dair should hit you really...Kirby has to approach you, and you really don't let him with proper spacing and camping.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
alrighty, i dont really ever fight kirby's i just wanted some tips in case i ever have to go up against one in the future, i'm too lazy to go to the kirbys for help

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
First off Trevor, your from NEW ****ING JERSEY not AZ (Saffy is cool and all but NJ is well nvm AZ is probably better)

And also good **** Trevor is like A WOLF GAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Just fair a lot more then bairing...Lazer camp lots when he's far away and be careful while he's close up cause kirby's roll to utilt is ****ing broken. I don't think kirby's tech roll is that good either so you can easily get him with dthrow combo's at higher %'s

You can shine out of his grab combos, You can smash Di utilts and shine out of them.

Just force him to approach and read his ONLY approaches. Bair camp, spaced fair, dash shield, or dash roll behind/side step.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Trevor learned everything about Wolf from me :3

Except, all the good stuff. That's him.

A lot of Kirby's like to shieldgrab if they predict a shine out of grab combos, just watch out for that.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Most players would shield grab after getting hit with shine the first time. Or at least I'd hope they would since they wouldn't be adapting otherwise XD

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Punish his fsmash if u block it. DI up out of his uair during his low % grab combo to get out its possible. If he just wants to keep bairing fair him or bair him back. I dont see how his bair is that much greater than ours? I still think wolf's is better plus he moves better in the air anyway. DI out of his utilt and react correctly either shining or moving away. You can laser camp him. Most Kirby's will cp Frigate, RC, or JJ.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Does anyone else find it really easy to punish Kirby? It doesn't seem like he has many options that are safe on shield.

All his smashes are punishable and if u block all his hits of his dair its also punishable too. His safest moves are his fair spaced and his bair

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Wolf's Fair, when spaced, is nonpunishable on shield, even when Perfect Shielded...Kirby's Bair is fairly easy to punish with Usmash OoS. If Wolf just Blasters to make Kirby go into the air and then do retreating Fairs when he gets close, Wolf wins. Probably close to 60-40 or better for Wolf. Only thing Kirby can do is gimp, but if you have good DI, it shouldn't happen often.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
this thread kinda died didnt it? does anyone else know anything else that would be useful in the kirby MU? if not we should move onto someone else. i vote for pit, i have a pit main as a friend and would like some help from you guys on how to play against one

_Kain_

Smash Champion
this thread kinda died didnt it? does anyone else know anything else that would be useful in the kirby MU? if not we should move onto someone else. i vote for pit, i have a pit main as a friend and would like some help from you guys on how to play against one
there going down the tier list

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Taking Kirby to Rc is a great idea. That's what I do. Hop platform to platform lasering and running away. Kirby can't do **** about it.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Another day or so to discuss counterpick stages and get a sort of finalized ratio for the matchup.

And I'm not sure if rainbow cruise is such a good idea. I'd probably try to take him somewhere flat.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Jumpshine in this matchup works wonders. Goes thru all of Lucario's aura aerials

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Lucario may be able to punish a forward Jumpshine, however if they start spacing their aerials farther away, you could probably punish them with a retreating Jump Blaster. Just drawing this from the DDD match up...I would never play such a stupid character.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Bair seems to wreck Lucario. Blaster seems to work well in this matchup. You can shine his Uthrows so he can't chain grab you, though he can mindgame you into shining and just shield grab it, so it's a guessing game. I take Lucarios to Brinstar since we kill early there, and we definitely do not need Lucario living to high percentages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom