• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Round 2 Rankings - RanBat Columbus, GA February 5th

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman

ROUND 2 RANKINGS - Columbus, GA RanBat
Many credits to Jewdo Smash for helping me put this event together!

Crew Round 2 is proud to present Columbus, GA RanBat for the first time ever. Alternate275 and Jewdo Smash will be your tourney hosts. We encourage you to direct any questions, concerns, or interests immediately to us

Please submit your name, event(s), if you're volunteering for providing equipment, and/or volunteering as a judge in order to pre-register. This would help me a lot and I would appreciate anybody who complies. PLEASE BRING EQUIPMENT AND GAMES! To anybody who brings extra TVs and/or Consoles will be omitted from the venue fee!

Example:

Name: Dogysamich
Event: SFIV
Volunteer: Providing TV/360/SFIV, volunteering as judge

Volunteering is optional.

TIME: 2:00pm (GMT-5:00 Eastern US & Canada)
STARTING DATE: January 8th, 2010
Columbus, GA 31906
Columbus State University - Davidson Center

15% OF THE TOURNAMENT FEE WILL BE TAKEN OUT BEFORE HANDING OUT THE 70/20/10 PRIZES, WHICH WILL BE SAVED UP FOR THE RANBAT GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP

RANBAT SCHEDULE:
January 8th
January 22nd
February 5th
February 19th

POINT SYSTEM:
Points go to the top 8 players of each tournament, at the end of the season, total points are accumulated to announce the series' winners
1st: 10
2nd: 7
3rd: 5
4th: 3
5th: 3
6th: 2
7th: 2
8th: 1

VENUE ENTRY FEE = $2

DIRECTIONS: You can use the following websites to get directions to this destination.
http://www.randmcnally.com/
http://www.mapquest.com

OTHER THREAD LINKS
Round2
Shoryuken
Tekken Zaibatsu
Smash Boards

Street Fighter IV Entry = $5
Prize = 1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%

BlazBlue Entry = $5

T6BR Entry = $5

Super Smash Bros. Melee = $5

RULES
[1] All games are Double Elimination --Best 2 out of 3
[2] Food is allowed, but please be clean~
[3] Let's try to stay organized. In the event that large numbers show, we don't want to cause confusion nor waste time in this event.
[4] No stealing. I cannot stress this enough. People spend time and money on things that don't belong to you, so don't take it.
[5] Don't create static. We are on public grounds, so fighting outside of virtual reality is against the rules and authorities will be around to make sure nobody is harmed.
[6] No button shouldering, provoke/taunt button "IS" optional.
I will not allow anybody to map buttons otherwise, example, P+K set to a single button.
[7] This is a (B.Y.O.C. = Bring Your Own Controller/converter or Joystick) tournament.
You are responsible for your equipment and we will not supply anyone with a controller or converter at this tournament.
[8] No pausing the game during the tournament for any reason what so ever. If a cell phone rings, you are asked to hold all calls until your match is over or before hand. PLEASE LEAVE ALL PHONE CELL PHONES ON VIBRATE. If your joypad or joystick malfunctions during a tourney, a judge will come to resolve the issue.
[9] Come to this event and make some noise! =D

CONDUCT
Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion. Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game. Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

On all console tournament games:

This is a (B.Y.O.C. = Bring Your Own Controller/converter or Joystick) tournament for all of the console games. You are responsible for your equipment and we will not supply anyone with a controller or converter at this tournament for any console tournament.

If you hit the start button or a malfunction in your equipment happens during a match that makes the game pauses or resets during a tournament match get the head judge in charge of running that tournament to decide what will happen next for that match. Replays are automatic if it's at the beginning of the match and you have played 5-10 seconds in the game with no one having an advantage in the match. It's not my problem if "YOUR STICK" malfunction's during a tournament. I WILL BE THE FINAL SAY ON ANY PROBLEMS THAT MY TOURNAMENT JUDGES CAN'T RESOLVE!

I don't believe in button shouldering due to me growing up playing 2D fighters in the arcades and that I want to prep for SBO. I want to keep the tournaments as close to arcade perfect as I can, so I came up with this solution:

"Button shouldering" will "NOT" be allowed in the following games:

(THAT MEANS IF YOU RESET YOUR BUTTONS YOU MUST PUT THE DEFAULT MULTI-BUTTONS ON BLANK or no function!!!) So that mean you won't have your 3xkick button, or 3xpunch button. There is but ONE exception and ONE exception only. STREET FIGHTER IV *IS* ALLOWED TO HAVE 3XKICK AND 3XPUNCH SET TO A SINGLE BUTTON! Any default presets that are "NOT" like the arcade set up for other fighting games are "not allowed". We are trying to make it as close to arcade type tournament as possible. I don't care where you put them on your controler/joystick but you should only have the following buttons input's for the following games:

SFIV inputs that are allowed:
1. Jab = Light Punch
2. Strong punch = Medium Punch
3. Fierce punch = Fierce Punch
4. Short = Light Kick
5. Forward = Medium Kick
6. Roundhouse Kick = Fierce Kick
7. 3xKick
8. 3xPunch

BlazBlue inputs that are allowed:
1. A = Weak
2. B = Strong/Medium
3. C = Fierce
4. D = Drive
5. Taunt

T6 inputs that are allowed:
1. 1 = Left Punch
2. 2 = Right Punch
3. 3 = Left Kick
4. 4 = Right Kick

TOURNAMENT GAME LIST

Street Fighter IV
Game version: PS3/360
* Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.
* All characters are tournament legal!

Blazblue

Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion

Super Smash Bros Melee
Game version: (Wii/GC)
* Current banned stages remain banned for this tournament. Current counterpick stages remain counterpick for this tournament.
* All characters allowed
* Wobbling *IS* legal for this tournament
* Stalling (Peach wall bomb and the likes) are illegal.

DMOC

Smash Rookie
Count me in for RanBat, this is gonna be sooo hype!!!!

SFIV and SSBM please :lick:

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'd like to try to go to this. Entry should probably be $10, though....

/opinion

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeaaaaaah I'll probably stop at a few for melee and sf4. *Looks at example*. I like how you're trying to send me subliminal messages or something.

And lol at you not having the date in the title, ALTERNATE-TOO-SEVENTY-FAIL!

~~alty voice~~ I HATE SHOTOS!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i like now this thread has zero hype since some people don't know how to hype a tournament

Top Bottom