• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the Commander's tournament videos...FAT*** UPDATE 5/4/10

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Go dowwwn for update.
This is your average video thread but with some tournament insides and results.

The videos for each tournament will be in match-order of my bracket climbing
NONE OF THESE ARE FRIENDLIES, SO IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR FRIENDLIES, YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

ActiveGamers I ~ Singles

Finals was with Bardull in a 3/5 set that he won [He was a former southern California power ranked player, I don't know why he was removed]. Couldn't record these because camera was limited, it was a small tournament anyways.
ActiveGamers II ~ Singles

Round 2 wasn't recorded of my set with Bardull [which is the last video]. He just gayed me even more when I counterpicked Frigate to counter both his Marth and Falco...with Meta Knight [Yeah I can john only about Meta Knight because I need to work on the matchup]. After that, I defeated Hall's Snake who was power ranked at the time, our first round on Smashville in which I won. He counterpicked Yoshi's Island and he won a pretty close match. Then I counterpicked Rainbow Cruise in which I finished the match with a small wall infinite on the ship while we were both at high percents on our last stocks. These matches weren't recorded because I didn't feel like asking the cameraman again. Great games with him. Then I lost against JonT's Falco -_-. I'll post the link to the results of that tournament when I feel like it.

ActiveGamers II ~ Doubles

ActiveGamers III ~ Singles
I loved this bracket of mine. It was fun, and it seems that I still need to work on the Larry-Falco matchup. I beat others like Brent's and I beat Larry's before but I don't know what happened this time. He must've been working on the King Dedede matchup like a mother mucker. #3 Weekly would have to be the biggest turnout so far, with maybe thirty combatants. And yes, a bigger turnout than the Brawl side-event at Triple Threat Nationals.

ActiveGamers IV ~ Singles

It's worth it to see every video in this tournament, except for the ones against Donkey Kong I guess. There's something interesting or surprising in all the others. Don't assume anything about this, except that it's a bad coincidence that I couldn't get my matches recorded with Havok. He beat me pretty badly with Meta Knight with a 2-0, so enough said. That's how I went to the loser's bracket after those matches...which were right after I beat that "JM64".

ActiveGamers V ~ Singles

Quite a bit weren't recorded because I didn't feel I needed to. Sorry about those rounds at the bottom, they were cut off because of battery dying, I won them all anyways.
Unfortunately, another small tournament because of the tragedy that happened at the Triple Threat nationals. People aren't coming to these as much because of it. But the fact that it was a small tournament doesn't matter as much, because Dao is the power-ranked 5th Diddy Kong as of the 11/12/09 update. And I defeated him by those videos. I also beat him a 2nd time in the same tournament, and that time he finally used Diddy Kong for all 3 matches in finals. What, you don't believe me? Here's the bracket for the tournament.

My placing for 1st doesn't matter as much, just as long as I beat ranked people. But I got $27 that day, so... cool.

Onto the New Day ~ Singles

I lost to DSF being 2-0'd.... the second match wasn't recorded. And during the loser's bracket when I defeated those three people below DSF... I lose to Brent, a Falco, in which wasn't recorded either. Results on the tournament page will be posted soon.
Once I learn the Meta Knight and Falco matchups completely, and I still lose to one of them because they're still that hard, I may have to use my secondary against Falco only. It's getting too ridiculous that I'm only losing to him.

World 2-3 ~ Singles

Here's the results for this tournament. http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=7295
The funnest tournament I have been to so far. Me and a Sonic by the name of X, team up and we did very well. I knew we would be a good team too. We really did scare Tyrant and DSF in doubles for sure. We got 3rd.....

Wintergame Fest ~ Doubles

Ministry of Smash #5 ~ Singles
Just a couple of random ICs videos I forgot to put in here.​

I still haven't gotten around the Falco matchup... it's hard but not as hard as Meta Knight. >_>

Moozle

Smash Champion
I know you describe the group of matches underneath, but it would help a little to label each one.

You're really good! I'm almost never impressed by DDD but you do a pretty good job of impressing me in the matches against MikeHAZE.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Thanks Moozle and DarkShifter....
And yes I decided to label them all and I added the next set of videos. I'm going to Weekly #4 today but not a big turnout I don't think it will be.
I added a couple doubles too but they're a little shakey...but will get better handling throughout the video.
And Dark Shifter I remember you being at the first ActiveGamers Nationals! You got man-handled by RichBrown's Olimar, you didn't get the matchup at all :(. But hey I'm sure we'll actualy meet at another tournament someday.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
**** CBeef, you got so good so fast! get ***** guys
Yeah, and it doesn't end there lol.
I uploaded the tournament from a couple days ago.
I wouldn't say "I got good so fast", I would just say that I've been good for a while...but can't show it off that much lol. Can't attend much around here because of ride/travel issures you know?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Yeah, and it doesn't end there lol.
I uploaded the tournament from a couple days ago.
I wouldn't say "I got good so fast", I would just say that I've been good for a while...but can't show it off that much lol. Can't attend much around here because of ride/travel issures you know?
Ah I see, well just good **** in general! I'm really thinking about stepping up my D3, he's my second but I'm always putting him on the backburner. But, I'm getting a lot of positives on my play, so I dunno lol

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Oh cool! Haha I would think you would've known it from someone/somewhere else.
Nope I'm not on there, and I think I don't deserve to be, because I can't attend as many as the panelists would like me to. Can't travel farther than a thirty minute drive. I'm sure I would be ranked if I could go to more...but it's whatever. I try. :dizzy:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
how does DDD/Sonic team do for you guys? any advice/tips? Saw the vids on youtube yesterday

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
how does DDD/Sonic team do for you guys? any advice/tips? Saw the vids on youtube yesterday
To tell you the truth...it's one of the easiest combinations to get used to because all you need to know is the following:
Sonic, being the fastest character with mindgames, does all the offensive approaches.
King Dedede, being the stock tank, is the defensive, camping partner, who will ditch the other guy to go support the Sonic every now and then.

The rest is just about reactions for both teammates. Don't forget that our down throw is the best combo starter for any partner.

Me and X don't need to practice at all because those points up there is all we need to know. His Sonic is way too legit with my King Dedede.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
WTF this guy beat Mikehaze!!?? AND DSF?
wow his ddd is too good... underrated s***. good job dude.

Top Bottom