• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

Alses

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to make roy with isaac's scarf? I REALLY want him to have the scarf (scarfs=epic) Also all the textures are EPIC!!!

Xis66

Smash Cadet
Anyone have any info on having Roys Up B go more horizontal yet? Has the Clone engine been done yet? (sorry if I may seem a lil noobish i been gone a bit) Oh yea great textures guys!

LSDX

Wah!
I tested out the new Roy fix with his modded final smash and all I have to say is...

I'm speechless...

Alses

Smash Apprentice
Whats the vertice in brawlbox for isaac's scarf? Backface, robinall, mouth, reye, leye or robinall_1?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hey guys, I decided to take the time to basically merge all the Roy stuff we've been doing into one semi-official pack that completely replaces Marth with Roy. Well, all except for the stock icons XD;

He has his 5 official colors (Which I edited a little to get rid of the black stuff on his neck) along with CSPs for each one, including the black one. I made one for that one just to keep everything looking smooth. He's also got other outfits made by myself and other people too. He's got the battle and result screen icons he needs, and his own CSS Icon. Plus his name on his CSP and under his battle portrait in a fight both have been changed to Roy. Basically it's a full overhaul. XD

I've done my best to make this as simple and easy as possible so people aren't taking forever to replace this stuff. Any instructions you need for replacing the slightly more complicated stuff is in the respective folder. Enjoy :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?ui2fzxmanty

matt4300

Smash Ace
Ok... I'm using the pack Wave just posted Mix in with the GSH1 + set.... Roys Dair and Bair have ridiculous landing lag... like more than anyother attack in the game. Dair is completely usless. They can hit me after I hit them... This can't be right. Right?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ok... I'm using the pack Wave just posted Mix in with the GSH1 + set.... Roys Dair and Bair have ridiculous landing lag... like more than anyother attack in the game. Dair is completely usless. They can hit me after I hit them... This can't be right. Right?
It's because you're using GSH1. I said "Screw that!" to that slow and lagging beta and use a different one. Plus, yeah, Dair is useless by default. Use it once in the air and pray that there's some land below you, cause you're dead otherwise. XD;

Xis66

Smash Cadet
I DEF agree wit the land lag on the down air, The only reason you can get away with it in Melee was L-canceling. since were on th topic of attacks anyone have info on the possible upB made more Horizontal like in Melee?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know for the heck of it, and because it always sounded better, I made the Fire Emblem victory theme from Melee to replace Brawls. It suits Roy a lot better and even Ike. If anybody wants it at all, here ya go :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?nolmmzgmzzz

So I guess the only thing missing for Roy to be completely in Brawl are his stock icons for Classic and his voice. XD That and for the huge hole in the back of his head to be fixed :3

LSDX

Wah!
I suggest updating the front page with new pics and download links.

So about this extra CSP spot for Roy, how will it work?

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
I love this thank you so much man! I truly appreciate this. And I love what you did to Roy's arms. made them more buff. I do have a couple of question, however...

1) Where is the video that people are talking about? The one where Roy is shown off?

2) Can I still play Marth and have Roy as one costume? I would like just one costume (or maybe two) to be Roy and then the rest to stay as Marth. Can this be done? If so, how?

3) I searched this topic for quite some time but I have not been able to find the .gct file people keep talking about.Has it been released yet? Please inform me.

Again, thanks for this project. I can only see good things in the future for this character.

LSDX

Wah!
Can someone explain how you can have one roster spot be Roy with all his own colors and name, while still having Marth be his own position on the roster?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I suggest updating the front page with new pics and download links.

So about this extra CSP spot for Roy, how will it work?
Huh? What extra CSP spot? NO ONE said anything about that.

I love this tnakyou so much man! I truly appreciate this. And I love what you did to Roy's arms. made them more buff. I do have a couple of question, however...

1) Where is the video that people are talking about? The one where Roy is shown off?

2) Can I still play Marth and have Roy as one costume? I would like just one costume (or maybe two) to be Roy and then the rest to stay as Marth. Can this be done? If so, how?

3) I searched this topic for quite some time but I have not been able to find the .gct file people keep talking about.Has it been released yet? Please inform me.

Again, thanks for this project. I can only see good things in the future for this character.
1. Somewhere in the BrawlBox thread's recent pages.

2. No.

3. What GCT? There is no GCT. It's the Moveset pac and the outfit pacs now.

Can someone explain how you can have one roster spot be Roy with all his own colors and name, while still having Marth be his own position on the roster?
Again, no one said anything about this happening. Roy's slot replaces Marth's. Period. -.o

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can someone explain this to me about the alloy thing because to me and some this can be good especially if you still want Marth and Roy check the first vid out of the 3 on the first page of the Waluigi thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257400

Can this be done with Roy too?
Roy is just an edit of Marth. Plus that would kill all of his specials, FS, edgegrabs and other neccesary stuff.

So in a word, no.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hmm, I guess it'd be nice to beat the snot outta Marth one more time with Roy before booting him out the game. >:3 Of course, Marth would be the only to replace the alloy so Roy can keep his specials. Marth's moves aren't important XD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
(Incase anyone hasnt seen this)

Luigi, Look!

It's from Fortwaffles!

"Dear pesky plumbers, dinner or else you will DIE! Brawlbox, PSA and I have upgraded ur ram the Roy moveset cosmetics! There's now more mah boi in our roy!

FORTWAFFLES IS CREDIT TO TEAM

O hai guess what I made into Brawl lolololol

hype
10hype

Our boi's hair is done.

All bugs fixed D/L: http://www.mediafire.com/?nzvmmm2kogn

Plus this was made by me

Code:
Roy V6 (P1)
28708D68 00FF1300
48000000 805A9360
DE000000 80009380
14000060 3F705953
140000F0 20005953
140000FC 20005953
140001A4 3FA25953
140002C4 3FA25953
14000330 3F9C5953
14000300 3F905953
1400030C 3F905953
140002A0 3F005953
14000270 3F905953
14000150 3F505953
1400015C 3F505953
14000174 3F505953
14000180 3F505953
1400018C 3F505953
14000294 3F505953
140002A0 3F505953
140002AC 3F505953
E0000000 80008000
Roy PSM hack. Use with PSM Set Pointers and Skip Write.
^^Goodoldganon, please put this in the OP or something.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
(Incase anyone hasnt seen this)

Luigi, Look!

It's from Fortwaffles!

"Dear pesky plumbers, dinner or else you will DIE! Brawlbox, PSA and I have upgraded ur ram the Roy moveset cosmetics! There's now more mah boi in our roy!

FORTWAFFLES IS CREDIT TO TEAM

O hai guess what I made into Brawl lolololol

Plus this was made by me (Fortwaffles)

Hey guys, I decided to take the time to basically merge all the Roy stuff we've been doing into one semi-official pack that completely replaces Marth with Roy. Well, all except for the stock icons XD;

He has his 5 official colors (Which I edited a little to get rid of the black stuff on his neck) along with CSPs for each one, including the black one. I made one for that one just to keep everything looking smooth. He's also got other outfits made by myself and other people too. He's got the battle and result screen icons he needs, and his own CSS Icon. Plus his name on his CSP and under his battle portrait in a fight both have been changed to Roy. Basically it's a full overhaul. XD

I've done my best to make this as simple and easy as possible so people aren't taking forever to replace this stuff. Any instructions you need for replacing the slightly more complicated stuff is in the respective folder. Enjoy :3

DISCLAIMER

I do not take credit for making the initial Roy hack. This hack for Roy's hair was by Fortwaffles, not me. I and a few others did have a helping hand by making other costumes however, and I'm the one who put together this pack to make things easier for everyone. Any instructions you need are in the Readme files you'll find int he folders. If you are missing the specific files you need to replace or insert files into, you can find them here. ( http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170 )

Enjoy our boy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ui2fzxmanty
You know for the heck of it, and because it always sounded better, I made the Fire Emblem victory theme from Melee to replace Brawls. It suits Roy a lot better and even Ike. If anybody wants it at all, here ya go :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?nolmmzgmzzz

So I guess the only thing missing for Roy to be completely in Brawl are his stock icons for Classic and his voice. XD That and for the huge hole in the back of his head to be fixed :3
Along with this and this, since they all help with FULL replacements. The one Oni quoted doesn't have nearly enough. XD

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
why are you guys using Isaac's hair when it's obvious that Pit's hair is for better to fit Roy.
I was originally going to use pits. I had it all planned out and ready to go... but... brawl seems to have a limit for moveset packs. if the file size is too high, the pac wont load from the SD card. so if anyone is wondering, that is why we arn't using pit's hair...

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to bother, but what exactly does the code do for roy? Does it make it so that the hair is possible? Sorry for being noob.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
why are you guys using Isaac's hair when it's obvious that Pit's hair is for better to fit Roy.
What? O_o WRONG. You're blind. Pit's hair looks NOTHING like Roy's. Isaac's looks exactly like it. You people need your eyes checked. XD

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
With the WBR fiasco I've been swamped on that end and never updated this with the awesome changes you guys made. I linked to the post 3 or 4 times in the OP. Is that all the stuff needed for Roy or do I need to add something else?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
there a way to create a custom animation for upB? Multi-hit (edit: improved flow)?

and, you know. the model thing. and sfx. which aren't possible right now, hrm.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
With the WBR fiasco I've been swamped on that end and never updated this with the awesome changes you guys made. I linked to the post 3 or 4 times in the OP. Is that all the stuff needed for Roy or do I need to add something else?
GODDAMMIT!

Would you people stop overlooking the other stuff I posted already!? It has much more of the stuff needed rather than his post which only has the moveset and ONE texture! Notice and use mine already! UGH!! >_O;;

Plus ti doesn't help that he failed to post Skip Write and Set Pointers along with the codes to make Roy the right size for players OTHER than 1.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...And I'm sorry for raging like an angry kung-fu master monkey. That was uncalled for, sorry. x_x

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Um yeah.

At the risk of sounding like an ultra-n00b, when I tried to use all the recent codes for Roy, every other character's models became distorted/messed up.

So, what exactly did I do wrong? ._.

(And on an unrelated note, I have no idea what to do with all the other cosmetic replacements. Is there a tutorial for that floating somewhere?)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Um yeah.

At the risk of sounding like an ultra-n00b, when I tried to use all the recent codes for Roy, every other character's models became distorted/messed up.

So, what exactly did I do wrong? ._.

(And on an unrelated note, I have no idea what to do with all the other cosmetic replacements. Is there a tutorial for that floating somewhere?)
Ah yes, the one problem with those codes. >_>

You're not doing anything wrong. Those codes are. Listen up buddy, when you use those, which ever slot that used Roy in the last battle, change it to another character, then put it on whoever you want it to be, or back on random. Otherwise the models will be messed up OR the game will freeze. Personally I recommend not using the Roy Size Mod codes at all, since all they do is change his size but mess things up badly for everyone else. Granted I do still use them.

But yeah, select any other character before you choose the one for the battle if that slow just used Roy. Or, just dont use the size codes at all. :3

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
^^ nailed it like a hammer

if you are using the Doc PSM code, make it so it modifies DK. its like Franken Kong.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Um...Yes? They're the Readme files I put in there in each folder. T_T;

smasher4roy

Smash Cadet
Hey fortwaffles I have an Idea for Roy
you said that pit hair dont serves for Roy because of the size
but if we delete the textures that are not related to the hair, it could function?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hey fortwaffles I have an Idea for Roy
you said that pit hair dont serves for Roy because of the size
but if we delete the textures that are not related to the hair, it could function?
...That wouldn't change the size of the hair.

And like I said, Pit's hair looks nothing like Roy's. NOTHING.

Here is Roy.

Here is Marth with Pit's hair colored red with a crappy attempt at cosplaying as Roy

Here is Roy in Brawl

/thread

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Lol I'm using that Brawl Roy (the one posed like marth) as the CSP :3 I thought it was good, it looks like what Roy MIGHT have looked like in Brawl. But then, I've never played any fire emblem sword of seals, so meh. Oh, and why has no one deleted the jewel in Roy's cape yet? Or even yet, the cape thing covering the front armor? Just realized that...

Top Bottom