• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southside Chicago Smashfest February?

Fletch

Smash Master
1980 has been sending me messages about getting together for a Smashfest this weekend, so I figured I'd make a thread about it in case anyone else would be interested. I think he talked to Kels about coming, but not sure about anyone else at the moment. Anyways, I think 1980 said he'd be okay with hosting it (he lives on the southside of Chicago), or else I can have it at my place which is near Orland. If anyone is interested, just drop a post and let me know if you'd prefer Jan 1 or Jan 2 (I'm leaning towards the second so I can avoid hangover johns on Jan 1). I'm sure 1980 will come in and post some info as well.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I haven't played in 9 months, and 1980 said he's pretty rusty as well. Also, this is obviously Melee only, keep the Brawl **** out of here please.

Gracen

Smash Cadet
1980 has been sending me messages about getting together for a Smashfest this weekend, so I figured I'd make a thread about it in case anyone else would be interested. I think he talked to Kels about coming, but not sure about anyone else at the moment. Anyways, I think 1980 said he'd be okay with hosting it (he lives on the southside of Chicago), or else I can have it at my place which is near Orland. If anyone is interested, just drop a post and let me know if you'd prefer Jan 1 or Jan 2 (I'm leaning towards the second so I can avoid hangover johns on Jan 1). I'm sure 1980 will come in and post some info as well.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I haven't played in 9 months, and 1980 said he's pretty rusty as well. Also, this is obviously Melee only, keep the Brawl **** out of here please.
I am slight interested. what be the address? I just want to know how long it will take to get there.

Fletch

Smash Master
Jan 2nd is the day of a tournament north of the city called M.A.S.. You guys should come around :)
Maybe Friday would be better then. Wouldn't consider myself tournament-ready right now, and I more just want to play friendlies and screw around, so I'm still looking to have this. As for an address, let me wait for 1980 to come in here to decide if he wants to host it or if I should.

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Friday would be better then. Wouldn't consider myself tournament-ready right now, and I more just want to play friendlies and screw around, so I'm still looking to have this. As for an address, let me wait for 1980 to come in here to decide if he wants to host it or if I should.
yea fletch u host

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Doesn't this other tournamet Sveet speaks of have Brawl in it? I don't like Brawl, I want to play melee only. Also, let's say we did have this little gathering. How many people would show up? I don't want to drive 3+ hours for a few people.

Fletch

Smash Master
Also, let's say we did have this little gathering. How many people would show up? I don't want to drive 3+ hours for a few people.
That's what the thread is for, want to see how many people would be interested, so direct people to it if you think they would want to come. Can't really argue for you traveling 3+ hrs for a smashfest though.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
MAS is a great venue... yea theres some brawl players there, but most of them are cool.

And if you get bored, you can walk to their half of the venue and start trolling them.

and the competition usually is pretty diverse. There is definitely someone you can beat (a few brawl players join melee each time, and vice versa) and there are definitely people who will be able to teach you a lot (cosmo and 18S come each time. tink, vro and rat have all made appearances too)

so yea, i suggest you come, its worth it :)

Smash Journeyman
Ha I was being sarcastic, it was just a pain to have him destroy me in my first couple of tournaments.
not everybody can detech sarcasm lol

anyways fletch i was thinking u should turn this into our own little smashfest thread.
just a suggestion also would u like me to bring anything?

cykofox

Smash Ace
i doont know if you read my post but def make it on the 2nd and i can make it for sure at orland park i can bring a setup as well

Fletch

Smash Master
Ya I'll probably make it on the second. As far as bringing stuff, just bring cubes, I have plenty of TVs although lots of them are LCDs/Plasmas so I don't know how they will play. Unfortunately, my third Melee disk has now become unusable, and I don't have a copy of the game, so if anyone can bring an extra that would be great. I'll update this tomorrow with everything.

cykofox

Smash Ace
Ya I'll probably make it on the second. As far as bringing stuff, just bring cubes, I have plenty of TVs although lots of them are LCDs/Plasmas so I don't know how they will play. Unfortunately, my third Melee disk has now become unusable, and I don't have a copy of the game, so if anyone can bring an extra that would be great. I'll update this tomorrow with everything.
lol lcds and plasmas are garbage.
we need CRT's for realz..

Fletch

Smash Master
We can make it Friday if it will mean more people will come, and you can treat it as a warm-up for the tournament.

Smash Journeyman
dude i just noticed friday is the 1st. this is starting to sound worse and worse as the date comes fletch. not wanting to back out but i have a lot to do the first as well. so i'll let u know if im not coming.

Fletch

Smash Master
Can someone make sure to at least bring a copy of the game? I haven't gotten around to buying another copy yet. I'll see you all tomorrow.

EDIT: Also, if anyone wants to come earlier tomorrow, any time should be fine, just call me. I'll probably be up by 9 at the latest.

Bwicked

Smash Rookie
Any idea on amount of ppl coming? Also this is something just for fun right?

Fletch

Smash Master
I'm going out downtown for the day, can't do it today. Next couple of Saturdays I should be able to host stuff during the day.

Top Bottom