• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to be an irritating (meaning effective) Brawl player

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how fun or entertaining a game is to me is almost directly correspondent to how many initial hits it takes to kill someone.

most pros in tekken have whittled it down to where you only have to hit the other guy about 3 times to kill them. which is to say you only need to hit with 2-3 combos to drain their entire health bar. As such, I hate it and cant stand playing tekken.

soul calibur 4 is fun to play, but when you play in a competitive envioronment, and people are using the optimal strategys to win (doom combo) it can take as little as one initial hit to kill someone since you can ring out from almost anywhere.

melee fluctuates massively from 1 to around 7 or 8 initial hits because of the amount of control the person getting hit and comboed has over the situation thanks to DI and teching.

brawl is in the double digits the majority of the time.

tvc is hovering around the 3-5 hit range to kill each individual character from the last that I heard. So take from that what you will.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Fun comes from having options in both offense and defense. Melee erred on the side of offense, Brawl on the side of defense.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I haven't heard much of TvC, does it have a promising future? To my knowledge I believe it has only came out in Japan at the moment.
Capcom has been pushing it pretty hard. I think it had a spot at next EVO and it was on the last SBO's roster.

tvc is hovering around the 3-5 hit range to kill each individual character from the last that I heard. So take from that what you will.
errr...no not really. It's more than that. Damage scaling + Mega Crash see to it that it's more than that. And it's probably going to be more with UAS.

humble

Smash Ace
Capcom has been pushing it pretty hard. I think it had a spot at next EVO and it was on the last SBO's roster.

errr...no not really. It's more than that. Damage scaling + Mega Crash see to it that it's more than that. And it's probably going to be more with UAS.
Question; how many characters are there, and where can I find the roster.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

searched tvc matches on yt and this was the 2nd vid that came up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yg5psW642s
depending how you want to count it
first character, dead in id say 4 comboes, should have been 3 but he missed a link after an assist
second character, dead in 3

also shows that no matter how flashy a fighter is, they can all be campy as hell

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
TvC is a stupid game and its appearance on any major's roster of fighters is pure politics.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
1. Karas has one of the lowest health bars possible, with Tekkaman having one of the highest DPS game.
2. The different tiers in health vs DPS see to it that 3-4 combos is not the magic number.
3. Megacrash makes how many combos required to kill a character an inconsistant number. :\

And that's one video, which is not high level play, and it's american. Watch Nico Nico videos of TvC and you will see the the number is broader due to inconistancy because of mega crash, multiple tiers in health, and the multiple levels of DPS.

That's all I have to say on the matter because this is off topic. -___-

EDIT: Lol @ Ankoku's opinion.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm serious. Its appearance on SBO is for little more reason than it being a Capcom game. It was definitely nowhere close to having the attendance for any sort of major event. Its following stateside is nearly nonexistent. The only reason it will be on EVO's roster is, again, because it is a Capcom game.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Hey, if you can prove what you say on TvC @ SBO, go ahead. Other than that, its nothing more than an idea and/or opinion. Also, VS games were never that popular in Japan, so it's to be expected that it's attendance is lower than traditional fighters.

SMAAAASH!

Smash Cadet
Meh, Let Capcom have it's freebie. If the game flops, it flops. Isn't like it's going to hurt them in any way whatsoever. I mean really, it's kind of silly considering the people who pretty much started off the whole scene with SF2 are trying to get another IP out when SFIV is out and doing as well as it's doing.

I mean, they are starting their chain they are so famous for. First we get super. Then we super turbo ultimate extreme. Then alpha omega turbo extreme super mega X.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'm serious. Its appearance on SBO is for little more reason than it being a Capcom game. It was definitely nowhere close to having the attendance for any sort of major event. Its following stateside is nearly nonexistent. The only reason it will be on EVO's roster is, again, because it is a Capcom game.
Being a VS series with a japanese-only franchise AND being on the wii might have something to do with it.

Also, it really can't be any worse than Brawl, lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Being a VS series with a japanese-only franchise AND being on the wii might have something to do with it.

Also, it really can't be any worse than Brawl, lol.
It's not worse than Brawl, but I don't know why you'd compare a game that shouldn't be on the roster with a game that shouldn't be on the roster. :V

The things I learned/(or already knew) from this thread's OP:

1) Overswarm (having never met them) seems to be filled with anger and resentment at stuff. Perhaps sick of being called a gay player or something like that due to him constantly pointing out that gay play style is best.

2) He hates on low tier characters. Seems to have a personal vendatta against Diddy too xD

3) Uhh... The headshot thing pretty much explains it all. Don't risk your neck at all. Peep your head over that head even once to try to take a shot and more than likely you will get sniped.

4) Play to your strengths.

5) A few more thoughts into stage selection.

6) Overswarm perhaps idolizies M2K?

7) Anyone can camp.

8) Key to getting pro status is to do whatever it takes to win.

9) The trick to beating Overswarm is to simply be better than him at CQC.

Edit:
10) Overswarm himself has just told you all that Pit is epic. Maybe even 2nd best.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
<3 this thread! It's very good for noobs/beginners to learn from. Great read. I pretty much knew most of this....except for........when you said to NEVER approach til last minute. Thanks, for teaching me a valuable lesson.

Ohhh.....BTW.....gotta a question.
I main ROB and Second Snake and Marth. What do you think in terms of "picking characters with either....aerial mobility or defense"? Or
what do you think of my Main and secondarys?

Top Bottom