• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Diddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I canNOT fight this character. NinjaLink beat me twice in the past, Felix beat me in a match after I was warmed up after I ***** Tourneyplay3, Gnes almost beat me, and ADHD ***** me badly this past weekend. I think I'm really bad at this matchup. Can someone who knows what they are talking about (please only post if you are sure you're right) please tell me what I'm doing wrong (plenty of vids on youtube). I'm tired of getting ***** by diddy.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
m2k's account got hacked again? you gotta get better security on your password bro.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Use Jigglypuff for Diddy. For once, it's actually in her favor. Bannanas are worthless against her, he's easy to gimp and gay with footstools and aerials. Take him to Battle Field or Random Cruise. By using Jigglypuff, your chances of actually getting laid (-50% with MK) will skyrocket to 5%! I think it would be a good change of pace for you.

this is a joke topic right? I'm treating it that way, altho the **** about jiggz ****** Diddy is true. BTW you may see me at Whobo. Hey, wanna do a $5000 MM at Pokemon? I'll even let you use Mewtwo, but otherwise, standard rules.

:lick: :lick:

but then, after I take your money you will ask to do a $5000 MM with me @ Brawl and I would lose all of it in under 1 min

:urg:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Don't cp him to RC, its his best stage

maybe it just works for me then (When I use Jigglypuff, I have no clue about other characters, also it would be more for timing out lol)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hey M2K how bout you stop nado'ing and getting hit wit nanas how bout dat?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Steal his bananas and throw em back at da monkey? (lol)
Sorry, GL M2K. You are the #1 player. A lot of things you do are really cool and creative. I think you're smart enough to think about what you're doing wrong. Please don't be discouraged.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I doubt this is a fake. M2K used to ask the boards questions all the time in melee. I'll look at the videos and see what I think. But honestly M2K, you're SO much better than us that it's hard to critique.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
You could learn Peach/Jiggs/Luigi. They have advantaged matchups against Diddy IIRC.

Or you could just play gay and try and time them out every single match.

But, yeah, I play really badly against Diddy, too (well I'm bad in general, but I play even worse against Diddy).

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
AZ has told me specifically that you use tornado entirely too much, its really easy for them to bait and punish it. Really its not useful hardly at all if they are grounded or have a bananna in their hand.

also you should learn to handle items better. Learn to jump cancel toss (i tried to show this to you once) instant throw and other cool item stuffs.
easiest way for to do that for me was to pick up diddy pretty much just against the computers just to learn all of the bannana AT's and its helped me against diddy alot.

I dont find random d-air camping useful because they can bait it and f-air you (similar to falco and his b-air) but i will jump out of range of their everything and try to bait them into jumping and trying to f-air me when rising d-air will work.
also while doing this you can kind of coax them to move farther back towards the ledge and that gives you a stage advantage.

when you run out of jumps they will try to punish your landing with banannas, grabs or other things. It gets easier for them if they leave strategically placed banannas on the ground too to limit your landing options but you can airdodge catch them and buffer a roll to avoid this most of the time. And if they do something laggy you can JC toss naner -> reverse d-smash, grab or whatever.
Its just important to mix up the way you camp as oddly as that sounds.

I'm sure you can take just about anything suggested and tweak it to work for you (or discard the junk)
but this is what i have done in the last month or so (just starting to get the match-up down) and ive had pretty good success around here. I do plan on playing ADHD at P4 to solidify what strats to use though.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Yes, because ADHD loses to Peach, Jiggs, Luigi, and DDD all the time.

No, MK is his best option. Well, Snake is probably better, but ADHD ***** Snake.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
After playing Gnes frequently I don't recommend throwing items directly back at Diddy's. TBH throwing them the banana is saving them time and effort on trying to recover their once lost banana. I recommend to take possession of it, throw it behind you or to just completely remove it from the field.

Player-1

Smash Legend
AZ has told me specifically that you use tornado entirely too much, its really easy for them to bait and punish it. Really its not useful hardly at all if they are grounded or have a bananna in their hand.

also you should learn to handle items better. Learn to jump cancel toss (i tried to show this to you once) instant throw and other cool item stuffs.
easiest way for to do that for me was to pick up diddy pretty much just against the computers just to learn all of the bannana AT's and its helped me against diddy alot.

I dont find random d-air camping useful because they can bait it and f-air you (similar to falco and his b-air) but i will jump out of range of their everything and try to bait them into jumping and trying to f-air me when rising d-air will work.
also while doing this you can kind of coax them to move farther back towards the ledge and that gives you a stage advantage.

when you run out of jumps they will try to punish your landing with banannas, grabs or other things. It gets easier for them if they leave strategically placed banannas on the ground too to limit your landing options but you can airdodge catch them and buffer a roll to avoid this most of the time. And if they do something laggy you can JC toss naner -> reverse d-smash, grab or whatever.
Its just important to mix up the way you camp as oddly as that sounds.

I'm sure you can take just about anything suggested and tweak it to work for you (or discard the junk)
but this is what i have done in the last month or so (just starting to get the match-up down) and ive had pretty good success around here. I do plan on playing ADHD at P4 to solidify what strats to use though.
^^^^^
camping diddy doesnt work.

Whoever said jiggz beats diddy is dumb.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
IDK if this is a joke thread...bbbuuuuutttt....

From what I can tell you seem to handle banannas in your possession poorly. Throwing them directly back never seems to work and avoiding them is like avoiding the greatest tool in this game.

Sometimes your best option is just to throw the bananas off the stage, but keeping a banana could be quite useful. Holding one means you're free to shuttle loop and tornado without the Diddy being able to use both bananas.

Overall I think you just need more experience with handling bananas. Have one of your friends go as diddy and keep throwing bananas at you. Learn to avoid and catch them, especially as you're landing.

Hope this helps, but honestly I have no idea how it could cuz you're m2k...

<3

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Match-up thread, Jason.

I suggest you ask Shadow and other MK's more experienced at the match-up. You'll get better advice and less trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom