• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I say that when the answer for "how do you win" is "extreme matchup experience, patience, powershielding EVERYTHING ALL.THE.TIME., and 'with great difficulty and very narrowly,'" that kinda tells me he DOESN'T win.

All that tells me is that those are ROB's answers for a crazy difficult matchup.

One that is not, by nature, in his favor.

ROB CAN win but that doesn't mean he does or should.

When you HAVE to be a better and smarter player than the other person to win, that [almost] automatically means that your character does NOT win, all else equal.

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't feel like that, though. I feel that so long as you're as smart as your opponent and know how to power shield properly, it's winnable. I don't feel it's in our favor, but I also don't feel it's worse than 55:45 Falco's favor (depending on the stage of course).

Being able to power shield his lasers is fairly easy. The fact that you have to have MU knowledge doesn't mean much. ROB does decent against Diddy, but once again, you need MU knowledge and experience. The same can be said for a good number of any MUs with any character.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
no ****ing way lol. thats ********. i even ***** ikons rob with my non good falco and hes a falco destroyer. you too :p

idk man. if the falco has a brain like me, i dont think rob can win. actually

Ill money match all robs with falco that go to pound to prove this :)
wtf with all the amazing vids in the last month I'm compelled to link to the ROB boards even though these are Melee vids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=238BPPK4xd0

OMMMMFFFFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
But ROB is a million stories tall and moves as fast as a slug in salt water

He's just asking to eat lasers

ROB is also a very slow faller without a safe way to land making it easy for Falcos to land stupid fsmashes
No! It's definitely 55:45 Falco's fav.
Falco counters us, better camper, has reflector, rob is big and slow, stupid side B (robs), stupider side B (falco's), falco can kill us at decent percentages, CG isnt that bad for falco. think about this, falco beats us on the ground, we have to ledge camp to win when we get the lead, does that sound like and even matchup, or even slightly in our favor?

Falco wins, the ppl above have the right idea, I have to get better at ledge camping.

a couple of trend I noticed that gives rob bad matchups

out-prioritized
worse ground game
unlikely to get gimped
abuse us in the air

example, MK is unlikely to get gimped, stop our recovery even, is fast on the ground, and has way better priority then us.

G&W out prioritizes us, abuses ROB in the air, pretty fast in the air and on the ground, and probably wont get gimped

Snake outprioritizes us close range, is getting better in the air and on the ground with camping (reaches some points where they can outcamp us), less likey to get gimped, next thing we know, snakes can even abuse us in the air (lets hope this doesnt happen)

Falco has better ground game, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better ground game, we can't maintain our lead without ledge camping to kill percents, as long as he is above the stage, isnt really that easy to gimp, can spike if we aint careful, priority is meh, even.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
no ****ing way lol. thats ********. i even ***** ikons rob with my non good falco and hes a falco destroyer. you too :p

idk man. if the falco has a brain like me, i dont think rob can win. actually

Ill money match all robs with falco that go to pound to prove this :)
Since nobody's got the guts to put their money where their...oh wait, ROB has no mouth...lol

...or guts.

I'll do it. I won't even abuse the ledge as much as I possibly could. $3 MM or serious friendlies? (If they're serious friendlies, you can play them all on FD or something if you want)

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Since nobody's got the guts to put their money where their...oh wait, ROB has no mouth...lol

...or guts.

I'll do it. I won't even abuse the ledge as much as I possibly could. $3 MM or serious friendlies? (If they're serious friendlies, you can play them all on FD or something if you want)
Of course he doesn't....this what makes him almost impossible to kill by humans.
:laugh:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I say that when the answer for "how do you win" is "extreme matchup experience, patience, powershielding EVERYTHING ALL.THE.TIME., and 'with great difficulty and very narrowly,'" that kinda tells me he DOESN'T win.

All that tells me is that those are ROB's answers for a crazy difficult matchup.

One that is not, by nature, in his favor.

ROB CAN win but that doesn't mean he does or should.

When you HAVE to be a better and smarter player than the other person to win, that [almost] automatically means that your character does NOT win, all else equal.
*sings*
Have I told.... you lately... that I love you.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
1000TH ****IN' POST!

I dedicate this post to a lot of things:
-SSBB, Balanced Brawl, B+
-Smashboards (in general)
-R.O.B. Boards (My main)
-Snake Boards (my second)
-My close friend- RocketPSIence
-My brother- Twilightlink421 (he's no my real brother, we're just the best-est, best est, best-est friends.

Moderators: Sudai and Chibo, don't get rid of this or anything plz. Thanks guys.

Sudai

Stuff here
omfg yes

Toasty, that's twice you've made me change pants today. XD

Wanna know my Christmas Dinner? A bit of turkey and a **** load (Talking they made 6 trays of this for 15 people, I wound up eating 3 of the trays by myself) of buttered, garlic-y toast. I almost died that night.

toasty

Smash Hero
It's hella late, so this may or may not be a fluid post.

Sudai...have I told you about this place in SoVa that even most SoVa people don't know about???

It's called: The Grate Steak.

Okay...combine the mom'n'pop "local's favorite" feel with a typical steakhouse. That's what you THINK you've got with The Grate Steak. Well..that's what the uninformed think, that is.

Lemme rewind a tiny bit.

Typical Steakhouse:

-Salad Bar and other Salad Bar Goodies.

-Typical menu items [fatty appetizers/sides, combination steak dinners with seafood, etc]

-Dessert

Okay.

So what's so special about this place?

Well.

It'll be easier if I tell you what happens when I go there.

Waitress: And for you, sir? [I always let the ladies order first, of course]
toasty: I'd like a 12 oz. New York Strip, please.
Waitress: And how would you like that cooked, sir?
toasty: I'd like to cook it myself.
Waitress: Very well, the plate will be right now. Why don't you make your way to the Salad Bar and then you can head on to the back room.

....wait...what? What just happened?

That's right.

You can cook your own steak.

Now that isn't even the best part.

Before I get into the specifics of the actual grill-room [!!!!!], let me just say what else comes with this deal [this is the part where you wish you had a more forgiving inseam, Sudai]:

-endless baked potatoes pre-wrapped in foil for you to put on the grill
-....are you ready?
-...you're not ready.
-...okay.
-...endless small slices of bread that you can not only toast on the grill, but that you can slather with garlic butter, using a pastry brush that's sitting in a TUB of liquid garlic butter next to the grill...+ endless chili and cheese for both the bread and the potatoes. [this is specifically the reason I only get a 12 oz. steak]

There's also a healthy array of steak seasonings in shakers along the grill, and more than enough grilling tools to go around.

So you and your friends can shoot the **** while getting creative and getting your plates ready for your steak...and getting your steaks ready for you =D

Oh right.

The Grill Room.

The entire back room of the seemingly-regular restaurant is this:

http://www.thegratesteak.com/galler....DownloadItem&g2_itemId=175&g2_serialNumber=2

Note: the entire grill is NOT pictured...there's a bit more, but still, you get the point. Real coals. Real fire. There are even water bottles along the grill to tend to the flames or for temp/speed control.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i've never cooked anything in my entire life and I want to go there so badly

also toasty I'm surprised as hell thats legal. like if someone tried to eat their steak undercooked and died i'm pretty sure the restaurant would still be held responsible.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
omg I wanna go, like, right now!

I'd probably be the guy who dies from my own undercooked steak. But it would be so worth it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I always let the ladies order first, of course
This sounds like the kind of place I would mark on my list of where to not take a girl, in fright of completely pigging out with the amazing selection here. I would completely ditch the girl being too caught up in cooking my steak just right and cooking all the bread and potatoes I could possibly want. All of this (but the steak) endless including chili. Oh man you guys don't understand the things I would do at this place.

toasty

Smash Hero
hahaha yeah Chibo you're pretty spot on...I have and WILL never take a girl there [it was just a line for the lulz XD] because...well..in her case?

There are certain things you just can't un-see.

Edit:

I'm going to VA in March...if my brother comes to town at the same time, it's a guarantee that we'll be going there, so I'll make sure to do some nice video/photo documentation for y'all ;)

Top Bottom