• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Group Picture Project

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
SWF Group Picture Project_____________________

I've been thinking lately on how much this site means to me. Sure, I haven't been on SWF for too long and its just a website about a series of video games, but the community here is becoming pretty special to me. I know, I know...I sound pretty sappy right about now. But hear me out. There are so many good memories here and bad memories too. We've seen members leave and new members join us. We've celebrated and we've despaired. But we're a community unlike any other. So, to honor this...

The SWF Group Picture project! (For artists and non artists alike)

Official Description_____
(Will be reiterated in the rules)
Use the given file and add a picture, a photo, words, etc. It could be you, a description of something that happened on the site, fun memories of SWF, why you like SWF, etc. And remember, sign your name and send the file to one of the 'ringleaders' either with a URL or through a file send on email/IM.

Rules and Guidelines_____

♦ Basically, just add a picture, words, etc to the given file and sign your name (either your username or what you go by here on SWF).
♦ The picture or words could be about a memory here, a funny moment, yourself, your avatar, etc. We prefer if you draw your own pictures to make it more personal, but you can CopyPaste if you really need to. BUT PLEASE give the original artist or whoever credit SOMEWHERE in this thread.
♦ Do NOT erase other people's work PLEASE.
♦ Ask before moving other people's work if you need to move their piece.
♦ Send your finished file to one of the leaders(Just gotta make sure all rules are followed)
♦ FOLLOW GLOBAL RULES PLEASE.
♦ Please, extend the file dimensions when needed. But dont stretch the picture so its like...10000x10000 with only a little portion taken up. That'd just be annoying.
♦ ...SIGN. YOUR. NAME (username or name you go by here. We wanna recognize where you are in the pic!). THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTS.
♦ Note: your piece CAN be your name written all fancy and decorated. Heck, it could be just a signature and a little note or something. We just want the community to take part in this in any way!!
♦ Rules can change, be added/deleted, etc at any time. So be aware!
♦ One person at a time, please. Just post to sign up and you'll be added to the list
♦ We don't want to hear "Well...I can't draw..."! It doesn't matter! We're not here to judge you! This is a community project, and we just want the community to take part ♥
♦ NEW RULE!! Well, this was brought to my attention (Thanks Red the Ghost!!). Since it's a .jpg file, you can send the picture to one of the leaders and we'll add it to the main piece wherever you want it put OR I can email the picture to you in a different format (i have a .bmp and .PNG version saved, also)

Play a Part_____

♣ Chronodiver Lokii [Finished]
♣ Red the Ghost [Finished]
♣ Frown
♣ Neon Ness
♣ FinNess
♣ Cutter
♣ BakaJuice
♣ Elder Sister
♣ Dekuu
♣ Victra
♣ Thegreatkazoo

The Picture_____

♥Official File!
Will hopefully be up to date most the time!

Email me for the PNG file!
lokiichaotic@aim.com OR chaosfiendloki@hotmail.com

Ringleaders of this Shindig_____

Looking for peoples to help lead this little party!! If youre interested, shoot me a PM or comment or an IM. Thanks!
All questions can be directed towards these lovely people <3 Thanks to everyone who decides to help!!

♥ Chronodiver Lokii
♥ Denzi
♥ Red the Ghost

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
This is an awesome idea. I'll definitely add something soon. Once an idea comes to me. :p (Do I need to do anything else than just post?)

Also, seeing as you're using a jpg file, I can imagine compression problems with people not using higher settings and the image coming out badly if you let everybody edit the main image. Why not just let people edit onto a new canvas and point out a general location, so one of you can arrange it? It'll be harder, but it'll probably come out better that way.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
This is an awesome idea. I'll definitely add something soon. Once an idea comes to me. :p (Do I need to do anything else than just post?)

Also, seeing as you're using a jpg file, I can imagine compression problems with people not using higher settings and the image coming out badly if you let everybody edit the main image. Why not just let people edit onto a new canvas and point out a general location, so one of you can arrange it? It'll be harder, but it'll probably come out better that way.
Thanks so much! I'll add you to the list right away! And no you don't (simple, amirite? xD)

True true. That could work out better. Thanks for the input!! I'll edit that into the rules right away! Thanks!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I would like to join... :ness:

This is sort of like the Worm, except... all in one image. Cool project.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
The rules from OP said:
...you can send the picture to one of the leaders and we'll add it to the main piece wherever you want it put...
If one were to do that, would it be necessary to wait in a line?
I mean, if I draw my part for this, would I have to send it to you only once I'm the first one in line, or could I send it earlier and then be added into the final picture at the correct time?

But yeah, I'm up for this!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
If one were to do that, would it be necessary to wait in a line?
I mean, if I draw my part for this, would I have to send it to you only once I'm the first one in line, or could I send it earlier and then be added into the final picture at the correct time?

But yeah, I'm up for this!
That could work xD Thanks for pointing that out! We're still working out minor details, so thanks a bunch for bringing this up <3

I'll add you to the list!! :D

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco saw the message, but is too tired to comprehend what I need to do atm. I'll hit you up on AIM soon.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
This sounds awesome. Count me in.
Will do! Adding you to the list! ^__^ Thanks a bunch!

Chaco said:
Chaco saw the message, but is too tired to comprehend what I need to do atm. I'll hit you up on AIM soon.
Lol I'll talk to you when you come online and explain stuff xD
Love the third person talking, btw.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I need to spread the word. But in a sneaky manner.
Not just yelling at Denzi, Chaco, and Xonar to LOOKNAOKTHX...
But i need to be reallllllyyyy sneakkkkyyyy
(Though, i do appreciate how you 3 put up with my shenanigans. Especially Denzi. He knows im freaking insane both on and offline xD)

BakaJuice

Smash Apprentice
Throw me up in that thing.

Just out of curiosity, why are we using JPG format? This sort of thing is not what it's designed for... JPG is made to be used on pictures and photos of people, images with lots of intricate detail so that when it dithers (pixelates) it won't be as noticeable. PNG, on the other hand, is made to be used with cartoons, computer generated stuff like we will be using in this project. Just throwing that out there...

Black Waltz

Smash Champion

Just out of curiosity, why are we using JPG format? This sort of thing is not what it's designed for... JPG is made to be used on pictures and photos of people, images with lots of intricate detail so that when it dithers (pixelates) it won't be as noticeable. PNG, on the other hand, is made to be used with cartoons, computer generated stuff like we will be using in this project. Just throwing that out there...
Agreed, JPEG is definitely not the optimal choice here.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer

Yessir!

DA made it JPG :/
I'll send you the PNG file. Silly deviantart XP

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Sorry for the absence guys. =\ I've been without Internet access for the past week or so, excluding a few times at other people's places. Not at home, still not sure if it's working properly, but I'll get on this ASAP.

edit: Finished my bit for the project, will add it to the canvas tomor-- later today. xD

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace

Woo. I've been internet-less for another week. Here's what I did for the project. . . it's obviously not that complicated, but I did upload it over a week ago.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Sooo, just to make sure I understand how this works...

Red the Ghost's image is supposed to be merged with Lokii's original image. Does Red need to e-mail it to Lokii to put them together?

Also, Frown is next. Frown, where you at?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Red is adding it himself to the original file (since he's helping run this stuff).

Edit: Good luck Frown!~

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Why are we trying to do it in a specific order? It shouldn't matter when people submit their work.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I wanna do thisssss~ XD This looks really cool! I'm gonna share this with some awesomo members on the board! XD

Could you PM me the current image?

Top Bottom