• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Better yoshi: Baddally! *V1.1*

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi Baddally
DOWNLOAD (V1.0)
DOWNLOAD (V1.1)

Hello, my very first PSA hack is now brought to your eyes. The Character this replaces is Yoshi. There have not been that many Yoshi PSAs it seems so I thought I would take the task to make one, but this reason was not the only one. Yoshi Baddally is a custom Character I thought of way before smash hacking was introduced to mii. I only influence his existence with this. Now let us begin.

BACKGROUND

In a sense, he is stronger and a more serous specie than the loving, happy-go Yoshi we all know. He was an abandoned yoshi as well. Seeing as all who looked at him was scared or angry at, he decided to leave his town, into a forest. He met a seemly secretive guy who appeared to not be effected by Yoshi Baddally's looks are reasons. He took him in, from a house not so far here. He trained him, to fight. Then on a weird day, YoshiB was hurt and needed to be taken back to the house were he was at. The man could not be found. The yoshi was confused, and did not know of a reason why or how this could happen. He soon recovered, but with pain not healed emotionally. He left on his own, and went on his way. This is his story... now looking from afar, towards a group of yoshi's happily talking and eating...

Attacks:
Most of his attacks come from Yoshi's "questionable" Trainer or master. So here is the breakdown:

A (Normal)

A normal Swift Kick by his left foot.

2ND A

Now a sudden Tail swipe

(A=3% + AA=9%) =12%

STilt

A strong Headbutt. A good 10% will do.

UTilt

Jumping Headbutt, 11% Damage

DTilt
This has two attacks. The first:

and the last:

Now if your opponent has a decent KO percentage, this move is a KO. Much like a "Hand-Me-Down" KO if you may:

JUMPING​
He as well, with his attacks, has other moves changed, including Jumping. His first jump is a climb-jump, much as Yoshi's normal 2nd jump:

And his 2nd Jump is a flip. Completely new:

Nair
One of my favorite things to PSA is that you can be creative and use moves for others.
Here is his Nair; Spinning body:

He spins for 2 turns and the attack ends.

Does 9% Damage.

UAir

Like Yoshi's, but it lasts longer. It does 13% Damage.

There are two hit-bubbles though, and one is stronger than the other.

He seems to have 2 sweetspots, in this move and the next one: Dair.
It does 15%

DAir
One of my favorite attacks- The Burning foot:

Can spike pretty weak, but it's Sweetspot is good enough to for more.

It's Sweetspot comes before its normal. So you will get both attacks if close enough.

Normal=6% Sweet=12%

FAir

His 2nd weakest. It does not cancel into other moves, but it can spark your opponents damage pretty fast. The most it gets is 12%
BAir
One of Baddally's weakest moves

You could think this is useless because it is the most weak, but all things work together for good. ;). It is not just just weak but a quick move it is. So you can conjoin this with another Aerial. Pretty interesting, eh?

4% Damage

SSMASH

Seems like his Tail Swipe... it is, but it is more stronger and can be charged.
Damge= 12%-16%

USMASH

This could be interpreted as his Extro-Tail from his UAir but on ground, sadly there is no shock. Damage 13%-18%

DSMASH

One of his weirdest moves... Headbutt to the ground.

Damage= 14%-19%

SPECIAL
His 2nd signature move, his Icy Breath:

Pretty Cool, right? It can freeze opponents at weak Damage. It has a strong cold and weak one, depending how close you are at.

Strong=16% Weak=6%

Side SPECIAL
"Rolling, hot, Rolling, burn."

It may not be much, but it is pretty different at least. Instead of sending opponents upward, it delivers them across.

Plus, did I mention it burns? :laugh:
11%

Down SPECIAL
Now you may consider this one a tid bit broken. But one on ground, you can not escape if you are not Baddally.

Yoshi jumps, the opponents go with him, he flips, they get spiked down to the ground, and now He just smashes them with the pound. A deep combo, but well worth it.

It works well in the air too. It goes down pretty quick:

Ground Combo pound= 27% Air=31%

UP SPECIAL

Seems like normal right?

Just fire is the only difference? Yep.
Damage is 11%

GRAPPLES
Attack:

Since his mouth is all ice, when he bites, you get the cold side of it, lol.
2%

I doubt I changed any other grab besides maybe damage.

TAUNTS

Down Taunt

A simple modified version, where he just jumps towards you with out the dance... -_-

UpTaunt

Only one "Bark..."

SideTaunt

Practicing his skills...

So I showed you his final appearance, but he had other earlier appearances... I now allow you to choose one: all 3...

Just the changes...

Now the Change-list: v1.0
-2nd A is now Side A
-All tilts are smashes
-Most Smashes are Tilts
-Dair is JumpB and deals fire
-UAir has a electro SweetSpot and the animation is slower
-Nair is completely new and is Side taunt
-All taunts changed
-Win animations are different as well.
-Jump and Air Jump are changed.
-Special is icy breath
-Side Special is fire Egg and sends opponents across.
-FS is not changed.
-Waits are all changed.

Changelist: v1.1
-Up-B is demoted back to original but with a tad bit more vertical momentum.
-Side B does more knockback.
-DSmash now shakes the screen when used.
-Fair Basically is one hit, but real close, it does 2.
-Dair has been changed. On ground, it has one hit box sending the opponent upward. In Air, has two: The Sweetspot and Weakspot(lol). Sometimes, the opponent can receive both hitboxes.
-UAir's Sweetspot has a more weaker knockback.
-DThrow is a normal throw, can not be chain grabbed, but Baddally can still immediately attack.
-Baddally's egg does not spike, but sends opponents more forward.
-Baddally's Side-B: Burning Egg Roll, has more knockback than before.
-His Special: Icy Breath, is more quicker than before.

Feedback would be acceptable. Thank you for all your help... oh yes, I forgot. Special Thanks.

SPECIAL THANKS
Eldiran, for his help and time during the making of Baddally.
Kirk, for finding how to make Hitboxes work only in Air/on Ground.
Dalub, extra Testing in his early phases.
My Brother, for playing matches with him.
Phantom Wings, for Project Smash Attacks.
Kryal, for BrawlBox.
Pharrox, for his Texture Insight
Stickman, for Baddally's 1st texture feedback.
PowerNation, for being Baddally's home.
God, for the opportunity to do this.

.Suggestions.

Thanks to you for final feedback!

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
@TSON: The egg not cracking was only "copied" from Yoshi-, but I did it myself, looking up the offset. Yes his BAir and Throw down is a little bit minus I guess, haha.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This one looks awesome! Glad to see an Yoshi PSA, and its awesome! Good job!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I love this new yoshi! Unfortunately, my brother and dad hate him. They say he his really unfair.
The main issues they have with him are:

His down throw can be turned into a chaingrab of up to five grabs on certain characters and different damages.
His Dair is weird for them. :/
His Fair can rack up some serious damage when spammed.
His Uair can appear to just kill at random percentages due to the shocking tail.
The egg throwing is cool at times but hated when spammed to try and knock down flyers like Pit.
The ice breath is a tad slow, I think it should be just a smidge faster.

If I have any other issues or suggestions I will tell you. Great work so far though. :D

Top Bottom