• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2/20/10 - Gainesville Brawl Tournament #4 C.A.G.S.! (Come And Get Spiked!)

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
2nLio and the Gville crew present:

2/20/10 - Gainesville Brawl Tournament #4 C.A.G.S.! (Come And Get Spiked!)

Come get spiked in Gainesville on FEBRUARY 20, 2010. Im hosting a tournament in my apartment which is really spacious so bring as many people as you want. Since Gainesville always travels to tournaments this time I'm hoping you guys will come to us. Also I'm making the entry fee for singles only 5 bucks so that more people (hopefully more locals) are encouraged to enter :)

The Venue:
Oxford Manor
2777 SW Archer Rd APT#YY258
32608 Gainesville, FL
(On old Archer between Walmart and UF)

Schedule:
FEBRUARY 20th, 2010
11:00 AM Venue Opens, Sign-ups Begin!
1:00 PM Brawl Doubles Begin!
3:00 PM Brawl Singles Begin!

Tournament won't be delayed for anyone so please be on time. We will be lenient so if you show up between 1:00pm and 1:30pm you will be placed in losers bracket. After 1:30pm however you will be disqualified.

Please bring setups!!

Fees
Door fee: $5 dollars
Brawl: Singles $5 entry fee
Brawl: Doubles $5 each teammate entry fee

100% of the pot for both singles AND doubles will be used and it will be distributed as follows:
1st: 60% of the total pot
2nd: 30% of the total pot
3rd: 10% of the total pot

Ruleset

3 Stock Rounds

Friendly Fire: On

Items: Off

Timer: 8 minutes

Life stealing allowed in doubles

Double elimination

Each player may ban one stage per set. A player's banned stage pick must be announced to his opponent at any time before the first counter-pick stage is chosen or the first neutral is chosen (up to each player).

If the timer runs out, the winner is determined by whoever has more stocks. If both players have the same number of stocks, then the winner is the player who has less percentage.

Double blind picks are allowed for the first round, please call me over if you need help with this. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.

All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage or on the ledge (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, planking, etc). Stalling can result in a forfeit of that match for the player thats "stalling" by a TO or judge. Please call me (Lio) over if you suspect there to be a stalling issue.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing the game, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

In the event of an dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it. In teams, controller ports should be assigned in the 1221 fashion.

Dave's Stupid Rule: No player/team may choose the stage that that player/team won on previously in the set (unless agreed upon by both players/teams).

Anti-Planking Rule: If you have more than 60 ledge grabs at the end of the match, you have forfeit your win for that match

The Gentleman's Rule is in effect. This means that, if one player wants to put it to effect, infinites will be banned for that particular set. If no mention of the Gentleman's Rule occurs, then infinites are allowed.

Stages

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Pirateship (The Great Sea)
Everything else is banned

Food and Drinks:
Figured it would be convenient for everyone to have access to soda, chips, and amazing zebra cakes and swiss rolls so well have that at my place, $0.75 each avaliable to you. If I wasn't so poor at the moment I wouldn't charge for them :(

Nearby you can find McDonalds, Burger King, Checkers, Taco Bell, Zaxbys, Chick Fil A, Hungry Howies, Dunkin Donuts, and you can even order pizza from my place.

Contacts (more will be added):
Lio (2nLio): 786 357 8968

If people need housing, let me know ahead of time and something will be arranged.
Also, if you plan on coming, let me know as well so I can have an idea of how many set ups will be needed.

And by the way....

to add to the awesomeness of this tournament, we will have FUTURAMA playing on a 42 inch plasma tv, the whole day! What better way to take a break from smash than by watching futurama!

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Results!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Singles
1: RedHalberd (Jama?) ($78.00) :snake:
2: Gdx ($39.00) :diddy:
3: 2nLio ($13.00) :toonlink:
4: Mampam :diddy: :metaknight: :snake:
5: CrazieCuban :pit:
5: Masky :wario: WAH!
7: Artic :fox:
7: Jssn :pit:
9: Ryo :ike: :marth: :link: <---- thats Regular Link btw
9: KBM :olimar: :metaknight:
9: M@v :falco:
9: MeowMix :toonlink:
13: Publix :gw:
13: Sex :wario:
13: OutLawPika :pikachu:
13: C.J.
17: Trumptight :fox:
17: aaron
17: Spget :falco:
17: Mink
17: Viper
17: Jesus
17: Birdy :falco:
17: Hala :marth: :ike:
25: Meglaodon
25: Crush :ike:
25: SuperShyGuy :mario:

Doubles
1: Team Super African Gay :colorful: (Mampam-Redhalerd) ($66.00)
2: All About The Money (2nLio-Max) ($33.00)
3: Got em'.....Grocery Bags!!! (Ryo-CrazieCuban) ($11.00)
4: U mad cause we spin dashing on you (Awal-GDX)
5: StarFox (M@v-Trump)
5: Tacos (Crush + CJ)
7: Immortal Indecency (SuperShyGuy + Mink)
7: Professionals (Billy + Eddie)
9: The WatchTower (Viper-Meglaodon)
9: Redstar (Arron + Alfred)
9: Sexpget (Sex + Spget)

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
This man speaks the truth, I was actually thinking about finding a way to get to VSA Gaming too. I'm so undecided now!

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Well, this tourney is mostly for locals but im advertising it on the boards to see if anyone thats poor/not going to VSA interested in coming to watch some futurama :D

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Lio, you drive a hard bargain by playing Futurama (my favorite TV show ever).

Miguel, I'm pretty sure that Keelime and Ian are going to VSA Tampa. Maybe they can get you a ride.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
I'm there count me in ****! Cause Ike will spike yo ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Oh heck yeah. I'll be there. Probably won't have enough money for doubles, though. :( I need to get a lot of friendlies in at this as well.

I'll hopefully be able to bring TvC/Pokemon Puzzle League/SSB 64 if anyone's interested.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
guess that means you guys arent coming to VSA

that makes me sad

like this -------> :(

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I'll give you a surprise.

Edit: I can't help but feel awkward now that no one is replying.
rofl! ill take you up on that offer ;)

might come and bring a friend or two. ive been looking for an excuse to head to gville besides football
cool cool, im guessing you guys will need a place to crash for the night so we can definitely work something out.

guess that means you guys arent coming to VSA

that makes me sad

like this -------> :(
:( we really wanted to go but money has been kicking us in the butt....

so heres the plan: win "Gigs" and you can pay all of our entries to VSA :D

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys I'm not able to go, and sorry for missing a lot of your calls lately Mike, I've been insanely busy with Full time work...Full time school. Doesn't look like you'll be see'ing much of me anymore :[

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys I'm not able to go, and sorry for missing a lot of your calls lately Mike, I've been insanely busy with Full time work...Full time school. Doesn't look like you'll be see'ing much of me anymore :[
D@mn bro I was hoping we could get some killer instinct rounds :(

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
**** i'm torn on if i wanna go to this or VSA

who'd be down to team if i go?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol miguel i'd prolly be down

sounds like fun

plus i know you know how to team with snakes and warios

i'll team with you unless my boi gahtzu comes or unless me/gahtzu have ****ty teamwork that day idk lol

....... Galuda wtf??? XD

MIXGeoff

2nLio

Smash Journeyman

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
so word on the street....VSA changed their date to the 27th cuz of my most awesome amazing small local tournament with futurama. take that VSA!

lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
Lawl. Don't be surprised if me and Mampam opt to come to this and get revenge on you guys for moving our date :)

[hype?]

Mampam

Smash Ace
lol NO HYPE!!!

i thought there was an orlando tourney this same date???

well since our date moved, once yall are no longer broke, you can come to vsa the next week right?? =D

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
lol! i dunno cuz we were thinking of either going to the tally tourney or a tourney in albany georgia to change things up a bit.

but I might just have to go to VSA and wreck your snake with my Toon Snake :)

and btw, I went to the Wreck room the other day at santa fe and since you werent there, it made me :'(

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
um...i have a couple floating around on youtube under either "Darktemplio" or "Lio" but theyre not really any recent ones.

I did record a set I had with Kismet last Tally tourney I went to so ill see if i can upload those matches sometime soon.

If anything, some to this tournament and we'll record a bunch of matches :D

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
futurama is a great show but it all depends on if i get a ride or not. i'll see. every tournament could use more Mario mains anyways.

Top Bottom