• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DasDonkey Vertex Box v2.2 Released!!

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice

DasDonkey Box v2.2

HOW TO USE
http://dasdonkeyteam.blogspot.com/2010/08/dasdonkey-box-20.html

Main features:
- Edit over the model!.
- No more Messed dots.
- Support for any 3ds editor that supports collada and Obj.
- Offset autoinsert.
- edit indicator (to avoid placing errors).
- Patch System.
- Patch Load.

New Version!! 2.2
Change Log:
- Now DDF files are in the folder DDF.
- Create DDF folder to start.
- Clean the code.
- Optimized reading OBJ files
- Now the application has icon.

I hope you like it

IMPORTANT:
ALL question meke here please, insthead help sub fourm, because is easier for me check only this thread, Thanks

FAQ
When I try to open this, it says "ERROR: java runtime not found"
Install Java runtime you can download from java's page

AVG or Norton detect DDB2 as a virus!
AVG and Norton are crappy and unupdated antivirus, don't worry the app is safe, I tested with aspersky Internet security 2010, 2011, Panda antivirus, NOD32 and G data Antivirus.

DDB doesn't dectect vertex.ddf it say, "File not foud"
The file "vertex.ddf" need is the only file that need to be out of the DDF folder, in the same folder that DDB2, don't worr if the file don't appear on the DDF list, that's normal.

I'll put more question when you make more questions ^^

Oh and Visit DasDonkey Team

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Can we uh... get an English translation in the OP please? lol
Yeah, please? I know you can speak English, Akari. Actually, hold on a sec, I'll post a translation.

EDIT: Here:

"DOWLOAD

DasDonkey Vertex Box v1.0
Does well, like me, many are tired of the process that the edition of vertices entails, must this walk, hexadecimando, and wait for the application to do its work of reverse bytes, well, I me not to stay cross hands and I developed this small but functional application, it is DasDonkey Vertex Box, which is?, good, simple and simply saves the whole hexadecimar (and time), so you can spend more to the Edition itself.

Works well as write in steps.

1 Extracts model and renombralo as model.mdl0
2 Extracts the verices enjoy and renombralo as vertex.ddf group
3 Runs the application and click on "Create 3ds file", this generates a file called"DDV.3DS" (uhm, I remember qeu had that make ams desmadre for this)
4 Imports Anim8or or 3dsMax and edit to taste.
5 Exports the edited file replacing the previous (if you use 3DS Max, export the file, then open with anim8or and exportalo again with this program, in future versions will have need of this).
6 Opens BrawlBox and Czech offset vertices group and copialo.
7. In DasDonkey Vertex Box click on "Insert 3ds on MDL0", doing them ask offset peguenlo and click on accept. This generates two new files, "ModelOriginal.mdl0" which is a backup of the model.mdl0 and "offset.ddf" This saves the offset insertaste, so you don't have to enter it again.

Results:
Cloud Strife was released with the help of this tool, if you don't believe me, preguntenme, I edit the model

As you can see this application our lives much easier, I hope that it is useful to all of you (problems, questions, bugs etc. Please report them here)"

EDIT2: Ah, now I see. Very useful. (A little hard to read in English, but still understandable.) You might want to post this in the OP, Akari.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Right...we're an English-oriented forum, much appreciated if you can edit your first post to be in English...thanks!

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Right...we're an English-oriented forum, much appreciated if you can edit your first post to be in English...thanks!
When using Google Translator, this post says that we're a french oriented forum, and that the (english) OP should be edited to be in spanish. I chuckled. I'm slow apparently.

And thanks for this Akari_Un! I'm gonna play around with it sometime and see what can be done!

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
Ah ha! You can speak English, and yes, you're right. You might want to at least post that in the OP, if you don't want to rewrite the whole thing in English.
Yeah please

I forget repost for reserve space (for a galery)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
As awesome as this is i can't get it to work with blender all i get is a giant cube DX
It seems blender isn't very useful for these things :ohwell: anybody know how to get anim8or to work on a vista?

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
As awesome as this is i can't get it to work with blender all i get is a giant cube DX
It seems blender isn't very useful for these things :ohwell: anybody know how to get anim8or to work on a vista?
Anim8or works on vista and 7, but in blender that box is the vertex group search for a 3 dots button and will show the vertex, (I dont use blender but is like this on 3ds max and anim8or)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Anim8or works on vista and 7, but in blender that box is the vertex group search for a 3 dots button and will show the vertex, (I dont use blender but is like this on 3ds max and anim8or)
When i tried anim8or thing crashed and it won't load when i tried it on windows 7
i tried what you said but still nothing :ohwell: i'll try again in the morning
i kind of find it ironic that when i actually tried vertex editing this comes out

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I may have misinterpreted some things but this is what I believe it to say:

Well, like me, many are tired of the slow editing process that involves vertices, hexing, and waiting for an application to do its work very slowly to reverse bytes. Eell, I did not stay with my arms crossed and instead I developed this small, but functional application for Vertex Editing, it is DasDonkey Box, which, well, quite simply saves the whole process of hexing (and time), so you can dedicate more to the editing itself.

It works like this, we'll write it in steps.

- Extract and rename the model as model.mdl0
- extract the vertice group as "vertex.ddf"
- Run the application and click on "Create 3ds file", This generates a file called "DDV.3DS" (uhm, I remember (something) had to do to get this)
- Open in Anim8or or 3dsMax (it doesn't matter) and Edit to taste.
- Export the edited file to replace the previous one (If you use 3DS Max, export the file, then open it with Anim8or and export it again with this program; in future versions there will be no need for this).
- Open BrawlBox and the offset of the vertices and copy group.
- In DasDonkey Box click "Insert 3ds on MDL0" and it will ask for the offset and paste it, then click on accept. This will generate 2 new files, "ModelOriginal.mdl0" which is a backup of the model.mdl0, and "offset.ddf" which saves the offset to be inserted, so you do not have to do this all again.
As you can see this application makes life much easier for us, I hope it is useful to you all (Please problems, questions, bugs and so on here.)

Saand1338

Smash Rookie
Well, I have to say that this is a good idea. it will cut a lot of time out of vertex editing.
Also, whoever coded it did a good job, it's smooth and efficiant. Nice user interface too.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
lol, I fixed my problem before you posted that, and I was thinking on telling you as well. haha.

But I have a question, how do you export a vertice group?

I am stuck on Step 2, please anyone. Help.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
SÍ!! ¡Gracias amigo! Esto será muy útil a la piratería Brawl! Tú ... eres ... IMPRESIONANTE.

YES!! Thank you dude! This will be very helpful to brawl hacking! (and me) You...are... AWESOME.

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
Could someone post a video of this being used, using Anim8or? I've never used 3D before, so seeing this done would really help.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
first to all thanks for the transalation

lol, I fixed my problem before you posted that, and I was thinking on telling you as well. haha.

But I have a question, how do you export a vertice group?

I am stuck on Step 2, please anyone. Help.
Well, open you pac file with brawlbox, go to model data, 3dmodel, fit character name, vertices
there's all the vertex group just export as vertex.ddf

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
DasDonkey Vertex Box

DOWLOAD

DasDonkey Vertex Box v1.0

Oh and Visit DasDonkey Team

Requeriments:
Brawl Box (to extract models and all)
Java Runtime Environment
msvcr71.dll

Well, like me, many are tired of the slow editing process that involves vertices, hexing, and waiting for an application to do its work very slowly to reverse bytes. Well, I did not stay with my arms crossed and instead I developed this small, but functional application for Vertex Editing. It is DasDonkey Box, which, well, quite simply saves the whole process of hexing (and time), so you can dedicate more to the editing itself.

How to Use

[collapse=English]
  1. Extract and rename the model as model.mdl0
  2. Extract the vertice group as "vertex.ddf"
  3. Run the application and click on "Create 3ds file", This generates a file called "DDV.3DS" (uhm, I remember (something) had to do to get this)
  4. Open in Anim8or or 3dsMax (it doesn't matter) and Edit to taste.
  5. Export the edited file to replace the previous one (If you use 3DS Max, export the file, then open it with Anim8or and export it again with this program; in future versions there will be no need for this).
  6. Open BrawlBox and the offset of the vertices and copy group.
  7. In DasDonkey Box click "Insert 3ds on MDL0" and it will ask for the offset and paste it, then click on accept. This will generate 2 new files, "ModelOriginal.mdl0" which is a backup of the model.mdl0, and "offset.ddf" which saves the offset to be inserted, so you do not have to do this all again.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Español:]
1. Extrae el Modelo y renombralo como model.mdl0
2. Extrae el grupo de verices que gustes y renombralo como vertex.ddf
3. Ejecuta la aplicacion y da clic en "Create 3ds file", Esto generara un Archivo llamado "DDV.3DS" (uhm, yo recuerdo qeu habia que hacer ams desmadre para obtener esto)
4. Importa en Anim8or o 3dsMax y Edita a gusto.
5. Exporta el archivo editado reemplazando el anterior (Si usas 3DS Max, Exporta el archivo, luego abrelo con anim8or y exportalo de nuevo con este programa, En futuras versiones no habra necesidad de esto).
6. Abre BrawlBox y checa el offset de el grupo de vertices y copialo.
7. En DasDonkey Vertex Box haz clic en "Insert 3ds on MDL0", al hacer esto les pedira el offset peguenlo y hagan clic en aceptar. Esto generara 2 archivos nuevos, "ModelOriginal.mdl0" que es una copia de seguridad de el model.mdl0, y "offset.ddf" este guarda el offset que insertaste, para no tener que introducirlo de nuevo.
)[/collapse]

Los Resultados:
Cloud Strife fue editado con la ayuda de esta herramiente, si no me creen, preguntenme, yo edite el modelo

As you can see this application makes life much easier for us, I hope it is useful to you all (Please post problems, questions, bugs and so on here.)​

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Akari you are BAD ASZ! Only one problem. It worked perfectly the first time i used it!! Then i get an error when doing anything in it. it says Errorjava.io.EOFEException. Why?

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
maybe you delete or renamed the mdl0 file or vertex ddf or maybe you leave open the mdl0 file and the program cant overwrite it

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
first to all thanks for the transalation

Well, open you pac file with brawlbox, go to model data, 3dmodel, fit character name, vertices
there's all the vertex group just export as vertex.ddf
oh, so you export each vertice under (fit character name) as vertex.ddf? ;)

¿Ah, tú exportas todo vertices debajo (fit character name) para Vertex.ddf? ;)

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Is it possible that you could create a button to go along with it to allow you to see the model while you're editing the vertecies? There's a tutorial for it in the Vertex Editing tutorial, but, I fail horribly at hexing so I can't do it.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Can this be compatible with Blender?

¿Puede ser esto compatible con Blender?
I believe it can not sure because i didn't get it to work om blender
EDIT: i've also noticed that it's pretty inconsistent when giving vertices i've gotten 3 different results of vertices with only the same vertex group

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I believe it can not sure because i didn't get it to work om blender
EDIT: i've also noticed that it's pretty inconsistent when giving vertices i've gotten 3 different results of vertices with only the same vertex group
Can you elaborate on that second part? I'm not sure what you're saying...

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Sorry sightly brain dead i've exported the same vertice group and created a .3ds file out of the same one multiple times and each time there's either more or less vertices that i can edit in anim8or than the last
Also i keep keeping some mess of a model when i insert the edited model and preview in brawlbox

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, this is a great tool!
unfortunately, i cannot open the .3ds file with my 3ds max!

when i go to open it, it says
"File open Failed: ...DDV.3ds"

I must be doing something wrong, you export the model, save as "model.mdl0", then export ANY of the vertices, and save as "vertex.ddf". Then you put both in the same folder as the exe, and run it, and click "Create .3ds". Can anyone please help?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Hey guys, this is a great tool!
unfortunately, i cannot open the .3ds file with my 3ds max!

when i go to open it, it says
"File open Failed: ...DDV.3ds"

I must be doing something wrong, you export the model, save as "model.mdl0", then export ANY of the vertices, and save as "vertex.ddf". Then you put both in the same folder as the exe, and run it, and click "Create .3ds". Can anyone please help?
When you export your .3ds from 3ds max, you have to open it into Anim8or and export it as .3ds AGAIN, and rename it to DDV.3ds

Top Bottom