• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring Smash 2010 -- 3/26/10 -- Lafayette, LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChKn

Smash Ace
SPRING SMASH 2010
Lafayette, LA -- March 26th, 2010

Schedule:
Sign-ups - 4:30 PM
Brawl Singles - 6:30 PM
If there is enough time, then we will do brawl doubles.

Fees:
$7 fee.
NO REFUNDS
60/30/10 pot split if under 32
55/25/15/5 if over 32

NOTICE: IF YOU PREREGISTER BEFORE THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT, YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO GO IN A DRAWING FOR A PRIZE.

Venue Info:
Anime and Games Central
141 Arnould Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70506-6213
(337) 456-6887
For information about the tournament contact Curlz at (337) 278 8137

Anime and Games is located next to Play N Trade. I'm using AnG as a venue because there is much more space than PnT. I want to have more setups, so there will be more time for friendlies. It is located inside a plaza which contains Jason's Deli, a Smoothie Factory, and a Hershey's Ice Cream place. Across the street is a Piccadilly Cafeteria.

General Rules:
-No drugs, alcohol, or smoking inside the building.
-No fighting.
-Please throw away your trash.
-Please listen and help out the Tournament Organizers and Staff by listening and working with them.
-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-All tournaments will be a double-elimination bracket seeded to the best of my knowledge.

EQUIPMENT INFORMATION:

-If you want this to run smoothly and quickly we will need as many setups as possible so please bring whatever you can for any event.
-All TVs and Game Systems that are donated for this event will be taken complete care of by the staff. We are not liable for any broken or malfunctioning TV or Game System, however, we will make sure nothing happens to your equipment.
-All TVs and Game Systems will be used for tournament play.
-If you are entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV without being called for a tournament match, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse, you will be DQ'd from the tournament with NO REFUND.
-If you are not entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse you will be booted from the venue

Ruleset:

-3 Stocks; 7 Minutes (Ties by percent/stock)
-Team Attack ON
-1v1; All items off and set to None; Best 2/3; All Finals 3/5 (Time permitting)
-Bring Your Own Controller
-Advanced Slob Picks
-Stage Striking for first pick
-Stage Bans: Each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: A player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-No infinites past 300%
-Ledge grab limit is 50
-For Ganoncide and Bowsercide, it will always count as a win for the player who initiated the attack. For everyone else, the results screen is how the win will be decided. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-We'll call your match at least 3 times. If you haven't show within 5, maybe 10 minutes, you lose.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape and Extended Dimensional Cape are banned.
-Meta Knight's Street Sharking glitch is banned.
-Don't load through Homebrew without talking to the TO first!

No Excessive stalling. End infinites no later than 300%. The Infinite dimensional cape and extended dimensional cape are banned.

CODESETS:

The following SD Card codes will be used in these events and there will be a Custom Character Select Screen in order to be sure that the codes are working properly. Click the link below to access these code.

- No Tripping
- Infinite Replay

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Stage List:

Starter:
Battlefield, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 1, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
The rest

Setups:
ChKn - 1 Wii/Brawl, 1 EX Cord
Curlz - 1 Wii/Brawl, 1 TV, 1 EX Cord
mastermajora - 1 Wii/Brawl, 1 TV(?)
Mychal - 1 Wii/Brawl, 3 TV
Total - 4 Wii/Brawl, 2 TV, 2 Extension Cords

I would like 6-8 setups, so this tournament will run smoothly.

I also need at least 6 extension cords.

Results:
Singles
$5 entry
13 entrants
1. Lee Martin (MK) [$39.00]
2. JNig(Wario) [$19.50]
3. r0ni(MK) [$6.50]
4. Blaine(ZZS)
5. Eazy(MK)
5. Curlz(MK)
7. Chkn(Marth)
7. ISBS(MK)
9. Eva(Pikachu)
9. RickyB(Marth)
9. Donald (Pit)
9. MasterMajora(DK)
13. Jab(?)

Doubles
$10 per team
1. Lee n Blaine (MK/Pika) [$28.00]
2. RNig (Wario/MK) [$12.00]
3. Crimson Alphas (Marth/MK)
4. DonEva (Pit/Pika)

Singles Bracket:

ChKn

Smash Ace
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT FOR BEYBRAWL:

I talked to the owner of the store today and he said that it will be feasible for us to get back some sort of cash-related prize(Visa gift cards, etc.). In addition, he would like to have people pre-registered. The people who preregister will be put in a drawing for a prize. The tournament will start at 11:30 with signups an hour earlier.

ChKn

Smash Ace
ANOTHER MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

-BeyBrawl is now called Spring Smash.
-Due to scheduling conflicts with the store, the tournament is now moved from Saturday March 27th to Friday March 26th.
-Sign-ups will start @ 4:30 PM and singles will start @ 6:30 PM.
-If there is enough time, then we will do doubles.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
daanimekid, want to MM in melee while you're there? i can bring a copy.

also, yay brawl! hype, etc.

i haven't played brawl since the last tourny. lol

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Turok, that's getting REALLY annoying, especially since you can't beat anyone yourself.

I might come here just so I can go next door to the PnT and demand my money. I'd have to find a ride first though...

Hyro

Smash Lord
Turok, that's getting REALLY annoying, especially since you can't beat anyone yourself.

I might come here just so I can go next door to the PnT and demand my money. I'd have to find a ride first though...
with you for the ride and the money

Turazrok

Smash Master

First off, it wasn't sarcasm. Curlz has been getting better lately. Second off, I took matches off blaine, and curlz. Thirdly I haven't gone without a win for about 3 tournies now.

Blaino

Smash Cadet
I wanna go to Spring Smash Friday, does anyone wanna meet at my place and then I'll drive from there? If so, call/text or reply.

EDIT: I get out of class at 3:50 and don't get home until 4:20, so if we left by 5-5:30 I think we could be alright.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I should be there around 4 tomorrow to get some practice in since i haven't played anyone since FFF.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ugh..... A terrible sinus infection + stomach bug was spawned upon me yesterday and I feel like ****. I'll try my best to make this, but my odds just dropped drastically. I'm sorry Flounda. :[

If I do go, I'll probably just stay until I'm out of the tournament. I really need to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom