• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlegrounds CT presents fight night every Friday! Next one on 05/28/10!

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Hi everybody, my name is Vigilante and some of you my know me and some of you may not so let me introduce myself. I have been playing smash competitively for 2 to 3 years ago and I steped out of the scene for awhile because real life situations(work and studying boo!) and SF4 coming out. I have recently started this fight night with the Springfield MA crew and I at BG in CT and we are inviting you players to join us. We will need people to bring systems and games but there will be TV's available for people to use. Here's the info

www.Battlegroundsonline.com

The BattleGround Game Arena
378 Kelly Road, Unit #3
Vernon, CT USA 06066
860-896-5288

$5 venue fee

First meet up December 11th,2009 (5pm- 12am) will stay later if enough people come. This is when I started the fight night, which was last year. Fight night will end at around 3am so please plan ahead.

It's BYOC(Bring your own controller/stick)

PLEASE BRING MELEE/BRAWL DISKS/CUBES/WIIS

PC time is separate

If anybody knows of any other forums where people would be interested in coming to this please let me know so I can see if it's worth advertising.

Games that will be there include Melty Blood Actress Again (We need more modded systems and games however, there's only 1 set), Battle Fantasia, Fate/Unlimited Codes, Guilty Gear AC, Blazblue, HnK, SWR/UNL/IamP, Sengoku Basara X, SF4, DoA4, Soul Calibur and Tekken6 ()

Other sites the fight night is being advertised on:

Battlegrounds.com
Virtuafighter.com

There will also be a small tournament each week for a chosen game (like Melty Blood) with a $1-$2 entry fee and at the end of the month there will be a ranking battle tourney that will be $5 entry fee(subject to change per game). If there is enough interest smash will be added to the line up in the ranking battles so we hope you can make it!

Probable Melee Attendants
Awsmsean
Aiser
DarkDragoon
IcyLight
Mike$
Octave
Ocatve friend
Ocatve friend
Ocatve friend
Ocatve friend
Roman
Spawn
Trademark
Variola
Zoso
Cort
Vigilante

Probable Brawl Attendants?
Vigilante

Once this gets bigger and there becomes regulars that show up every week I cannot promise this list will be updated every week.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
December?

Like that month 10 months from now?
-DD

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
December?

Like that month 10 months from now?
-DD
I meant Dec. of 09, that's when I started the fight night for everything else. I have been running this with some friends of mine for almost 2 to 3 months now. I am hoping to make this venue the place to go for comp in CT and western MA.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Every Friday?
Eleven TVs for five+ games?
Definitely depends on who from CT is going and when exactly because theres no chance I'm making it weekly. D:

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Every Friday?
Eleven TVs for five+ games?
Definitely depends on who from CT is going and when exactly because theres no chance I'm making it weekly. D:
Most of these games aren't played because of lack of interest. The games that are generally played are SF4,Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, and T6 sometimes. Ideally, I would want every game played but that's not going to happen anytime soon. I have however found a solution but it involves the community to help. If people are willing they could go on craig's list and look for free CRT tv's in their area to donate to BG so there are more TV's to play on. Just look for the free stuff section and you should see people just giving away free tv's. I have already seen a couple of ads for people just giving them away in my area and once I am able to find out if they work then I will bring them to BG. If people can help we can make this a great spot for the community to meet up and train for tourneys and such.

Spife

Smash Master
Hey Tom, how friendly are the poeple there in terms of letting others use their sticks? Mines out of commision right now and I don't have any sort of adaptors for it :(

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Hey Tom, how friendly are the poeple there in terms of letting others use their sticks? Mines out of commision right now and I don't have any sort of adaptors for it :(
People are actually pretty kewl about lending out their sticks as long as you don't break anything on it or disrespect them as players. Spife, let me know how it goes this Friday if you end up going because last week there was some smash players and they had no one to play with. If those same players show up again I would like them to at least know we are not leaving them out to hang by having people who play not show up. If it's at all possible do you think you could be a smash rep at BG for me? If you are interested then please let me know so I can send you the details in a PM.

Spife

Smash Master
I like to think I'm respectful (to strangers at least) and I don't get to frustrated (at least enough to break anything haha), and I know how much those things cost so I'd definitely be respectful of everyone and their stuff. Also, I'd rather not get a bad name for my self in their community or get a worse name for smash by being a douche and/or breaking something.

As for friday, I already have many plans this weekend but I try to will show up soon, I'll see what I can do for this friday but I dont see it happening.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
I like to think I'm respectful (to strangers at least) and I don't get to frustrated (at least enough to break anything haha), and I know how much those things cost so I'd definitely be respectful of everyone and their stuff. Also, I'd rather not get a bad name for my self in their community or get a worse name for smash by being a douche and/or breaking something.

As for friday, I already have many plans this weekend but I try to will show up soon, I'll see what I can do for this friday but I dont see it happening.
Don't wry man you are very respectful but hopefully this gets off the ground and people show up. I mean what other venue would consider staying open all night if you asked them to.

I almost forgot we are making a youtube page of all the matches that go on that night. I will keep everybody updated with the fight nights as I get more info.

Spife

Smash Master
Well I'll totally go, I need more 2d fighter experience and all. I probably can't make it friday (way to much driving this weekend, going to NY for a tourny) but next friday I'll probably be down if I'm free.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Well I'll totally go, I need more 2d fighter experience and all. I probably can't make it friday (way to much driving this weekend, going to NY for a tourny) but next friday I'll probably be down if I'm free.
Like I said before I would like you to come for smash also. If you can bring some people that would be great. I am think about putting this on other sites, do you know of any?

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
I am going to put this on allisbrawl.com since it seems people still post in that thread. Hopefully I will be able to go to CT in March so I can play some matches. I will let everybody know so beware of my wario/DK(I play DK in melee too!).

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
What's going on this Friday? Will there be a lot of people there? Will people need to bring tvs?

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
What's going on this Friday? Will there be a lot of people there? Will people need to bring tvs?
I was actually there this past Sat. and it seems like someone donated some TV's to BG so I don't think you will have to bring TV's. I asked them where they got those tv's and I was told they got them for free on craig's list.You will however will need to bring systems(Wii's and cubes),games(Brawl and Melee), and your own controllers. How many players show up I am not even sure because it just started and I need people to spread the word about this. If you can do that spawn that would be great.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yea I can get some melee players to attend this this Friday probably. I was just curious if it was going to be too crowded or whatnot. Also I hope the SF4 players are nice lol.

Can you update the title that it's going to be Friday March 12th for Melee. Also say you need to bring cubes/wiis with melee. If not, I'll just post a new thread and then I can update it with possible attendants etc.

Attendants for Melee:
Spawn
Octave

Edit: The first page is really cluttered... could you clear that up? You don't need all those links, you can just hyperlink and list the games. Hmmm... maybe I should just make my own thread about this... I'll wait and give you a shot to see how you update it though.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Yea I can get some melee players to attend this this Friday probably. I was just curious if it was going to be too crowded or whatnot. Also I hope the SF4 players are nice lol.

Can you update the title that it's going to be Friday March 12th for Melee. Also say you need to bring cubes/wiis with melee. If not, I'll just post a new thread and then I can update it with possible attendants etc.

Attendants for Melee:
Spawn
Octave

Edit: The first page is really cluttered... could you clear that up? You don't need all those links, you can just hyperlink and list the games. Hmmm... maybe I should just make my own thread about this... I'll wait and give you a shot to see how you update it though.
If you want to step up and help me out that's fine. I have been looking for someone to be the smash rep at BG because I want the responibilities spread out. If you are truly interested then please pm me and we can discuss other details.

Thx

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Make sure to put the date it's being held and the $5 venue fee in the title.

Hi everybody, my name is Vigilante and some of you my know me and some of you may not so let me introduce myself. I have been playing smash competitively for 2 to 3 years ago and I steped out of the scene for awhile because real life situations(work and studying boo!) and SF4 coming out. I have recently started this fight night with the Springfield MA crew and I at BG in CT and we are inviting you players to join us. We will need people to bring systems and games but there will be TV's available for people to use. Here's the info

www.Battlegroundsonline.com

The BattleGround Game Arena
378 Kelly Road, Unit #3
Vernon, CT USA 06066
860-896-5288

$5 venue fee

First meet up December 11th,2009 (5pm- 12am) will stay later if enough people come. This is when I started the fight night, which was last year. Fight night will end at around 3am so please plan ahead.

It's BYOC(Bring your own controller/stick)

PLEASE BRING MELEE DISKS/CUBES/WIIS

PC time is separate

If anybody knows of any other forums where people would be interested in coming to this please let me know so I can see if it's worth advertising.

Games that will be there include Melty Blood Actress Again (We need more modded systems and games however, there's only 1 set), Battle Fantasia, Fate/Unlimited Codes, Guilty Gear AC, Blazblue, HnK, SWR/UNL/IamP, Sengoku Basara X, SF4, DoA4, Soul Calibur and Tekken6 ()

Other sites the fight night is being advertised on:

[URL=”http://battlegroundsonline.com/modu...wtopic&t=25”]Battlegrounds.com

Virtuafighter.com

There will also be a small tournament each week for a chosen game (like Melty Blood) with a $1-$2 entry fee and at the end of the month there will be a ranking battle tourney that will be $5 entry fee(subject to change per game). If there is enough interest smash will be added to the line up in the ranking battles so we hope you can make it!

Probable Melee Attendants
Awsmsean
Aiser
DarkDragoon
IcyLight
Mike$
Octave
Ocatve friend
Ocatve friend
Ocatve friend
Ocatve friend
Roman
Spawn
Trademark
Variola
Zoso

Just quote this post Tom

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Tom you should update the title with $5 venue fee and that there's one March 12th.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
There is one this Friday from 5pm to 3am or so. It's kinda unclear in the op so I figured I'd just let everyone know. The probable Melee attendants is for the March 12th date.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
There is one this Friday from 5pm to 3am or so. It's kinda unclear in the op so I figured I'd just let everyone know. The probable Melee attendants is for the March 12th date.
I changed it but I did it so everybody would know when it started. If you can't understand it at this point then call BG and ask. I am letting people know they might want to bring a tv or two just incase there is no more room for other set-ups. The 2D fighters don't get there till late so please when they get there please make room if needed.

Thx

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Tom, don't worry everything will run smoothly. Smashers aren't that big of *****... most of us aren't at least haha.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I plan to. I really hope this turns out great.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Melee Attendants fom 3/12/10
Awsmsean
Aiser
DarkDragoon
Jam Stunna
Mike$
Octave
Dan