• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raging Storm El Paso 2010: Border Wars - RESULTS!!!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
The results:

SSBB Singles - 18 Players

1: dekar
2: furiousduffman
3: arturo

4: tetsuya
5: zman
5: jt
7: isaccard
7: neocell
9: arms
9: skylar
9: tekkie
9: omar
13: buru
13: starwin
13: esai
13: brian
17: quame
17: andy

SSBB Doubles - 7 Teams

1: big shot (dekar & jt)
2: fuious burrito (furiousduffman & arturo)
3: wombo combo (neocell & tetsuya)

4: omg its lightening helix (nolan & zman)
5: border crosser (skylar & esai)
5: zmarooski (andy & sergio)
7: mojo (brian & sawyer)

SSBM Singles - 14 Players

1: axe
2: neal
3: erich

4: tetsuya
5: angi
5: mike
7: twin_a
7: twin1
9: rahul
9: woker
9: frajo
9: lewis
13: ronald
13: quame

SSBM Doubles - 4 teams (round robin)

1: twin axe (axe & kyle/twin_a) [3-0]
2: i don't know (neal & erich) [2-1]
3: mexican sauce (woker & angi) [1-2]
4: wombo combo2 (tetsuya & neocell) [0-3]

Street Fighter 4 - 16 Players

1: jorge (Blanka)
2: eric m (Ryu)
3: starwin (Boxer)

4: kaco (Dictator)
5: michael (Ken)
5: lewis j
7: andres
7: frank
9: devildigimon
9: freddy
9: sawyer
9: art
13: colt
13: peter
13: jon
13: brian

Tekken 6 - 6 Players

1: devildigimon (Ling/Anna)
2: freddy (Paul)
3: fatty (Alisa)

4: quame (Lili)
5: sawyer
5: starwin

Thanks to all who came out and participated in this event!!! Hella fun times had by all. Very good players in all their respective games.

Shout Outs, bracket images, pics, and some vids...coming soon!!! :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Characters for top 8s?

Videos O:

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Devildigimon- you're a beast. Thanks for running an awesome tournament. What was the name of the other guy who ran it with you? I wanted to thank him too. It was great to meet you, and congrats on dominating the Tekken tournament!
Tetsuya- You're awesome for going to this tournament (unlike the rest of EP even though we drove down there >:-0 ) Grats on 4th. Next time we play I will have improved, so I'll give you more competition. My first combo was pretty good though right? Haha, good **** man.
Juarez guys- Awesome to meet you all. I look forward to playing you guys more in the future!
Axe- You are so cool. I want your babies. Seriously though, it was awesome to play with you and now I want to pick up Pika.
Everyone - You're all from Abq so I don't need to shout to you.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
SHOUTOUTS:

ARIZONA

Jeff – You’re first, mainly because you took the effort to fly over to ABQ for this relatively small tournament. You’re **** good, a true professional, and don’t let any east coast ***got tell you otherwise. Congratulations on 1st place, and if you keep flying out to more Most Angriest Shinobi tournaments, there’s a strong chance of you getting the grand prize ;) We’ve met many times before, at AZOneTwoStep, GENESIS, and Grand Challenge, but those were mere acquaintances. This time I felt like I got to know you best. Whatever you do, don’t change. Arizona is lucky to have you, your parents are lucky to have you, hell even your future wife and family should be thankful to have you (not the other way around!). You’ve got that congenial attitude that teenagers seldom have, let alone even those in the smash community.

The rest of AZ that didn’t show up – Fuck you. Jk lol. On second thought, not really.

MEXICO

Woker – see private message :p

Anji – It was a pleasure to meet you too. In fact, I just love meeting foreign smashers in particular, because many of you tend to have a more efficient, yet somehow at the same time, more technical playstyle. Many of us filthy Americans lack that virtue too :( Anyways, I enjoyed playing you and your devastating fox. I still can't wrap my head around that playstyle :dizzy:

Mike & Quame & Frajo – I’m not entirely sure if you’re foreign or not. I barely remember exactly who’s who because you all usually hung out the melee back room and were somewhat quiet. That’s not a problem at all, but I do apologize for not formally introducing myself to the three of you. I also apologize if I mix you guys up.
Mike, congratulations on taking down one of New Mexico’s best players (Twin_A, the sheik).
Quame, as I said to Woker, I respect the fact that you play Samus, arguably the most technical and difficult character to master. Don’t ever get discouraged about your character. Few people know how to play against Samus anyway. I didn’t even notice you play Tekken, impressive placing!
Frajo, I guess we’ll have to meet up next tournament!

TEXAS

Arturo – I wanted to start with you for the same reason Webster did. A very special thank you to both you and your family for the amount of work and preparation you put in just to keep us entertained, satisfied, and comfortable (the pancakes were delicious lol). I know what it’s like – I house OOS smashers a lot. Also, I want to apologize to your sister (I’ve heard some things, let’s just leave it at that). Congratulations on knocking out Casey (sometimes I think he needs to be kept in check that way). I hope we meet up in future tournaments and legitimately hang out. The brawl-melee divide shouldn’t get in the way of our friendship. [/gay]

Luis – I am downright impressed that you sold your wii for beer. That’s gay and hardcore at the same time. Congratulations on being the best game and watch in the southwest (UTD Zac and Hylian don’t count. They live in Texas and aren’t cool enough to travel to another city in their own god**** state.) Also, you would **** Dave in Colorado. We need to hang out too. You’re like the father I never had :urg::urg:

Tetsuya – Why the **** didn’t we play melee :( My falcon would have robbed your fox of his virginity and I more than likely would have robbed you of your cash. Speaking of which, at the next tournament, MONEYMATCH?!?! :psycho:

Neocell – Hi. I’ve seen you at tournaments in El Paso here and there, but I don’t know you too well. We’ll need to fix that. Also, brawl moneymatch?!?! :psycho:

The rest of El Paso that showed up – Good shit.

The rest of EP and Texas that didn’t show up – Fuck you. Not you, Richard. Well actually, maybe.

NEW MEXICO

Patrick – Although I understand that you never want anybody to drive you car, I applaud the fact that you drove for nearly 10 hours, half of which extremely late at night with an altered state. Thank you for putting up with my crap in the car, whatever it was. I’ll get you good enough in melee to get second at tournaments, all right? Congratulations for being the best brawl peach in the state. Supposedly :chuckle:

Nolan – Honestly, I’m not exactly sure what to say. Sometimes I feel happy that I experienced a new side of life, other times I regret that I can’t “go back,” so to speak. All in all though, thank you for at least being brave, sensitive, and ensuring that I didn’t chicken out. Also, thanks for lending me that stuff from the Thursday beforehand, I’ve overstated my welcome and kept it for too long, so I’ll make sure to return what is rightfully yours soon.

Tekkie – I’m glad you’re so carefree and whimsical. Or else I wouldn’t have maintained my composure while high. Thanks for letting me be gay and hold on. I’ll have you know you’re manlier than Luis for eating that ****. Sometime later on this year I’ll hang out with you in Socorro so you can hack my wii and ****.

Zack – I appreciate the fact that you were sensitive too. Normally I’d expect you to go on your trolling rampage for what I did, but you didn’t. Thank you. Gratz on placing 5th, but that seems to be your magical placing - just like JT and Bryan’s 3rd in most NM tournaments. Although I didn’t see it, I heard you guys ***** in teams despite your placing.

J.T. – I heard you carried a certain team partner in brawl teams finals. Congratulations on repping ROB without picking up somebody else. If I were a brawler, I probably wouldn’t be so noble.

Casey – I’m sorry you didn’t get as many victims to poop on as you desired. Anywho, congratulations on the piles of cash you probably got. You could consider traveling to other Most Angriest Shinobi tournaments; you’d have a shot at the grand prize :lick:

Erich – Throughout our tournament matches, especially in the past, I’ve noticed that you quickly get discouraged (even in the first few stocks of the first match). I seriously think that is what is holding you back. When you get down on yourself, you have two opponents (and I think that discouragement ultimately caused me to pull off that 3-stock comeback on Corneria last tournament). If it’s just your personality, then that’s perfectly fine (I can’t help you), just don’t let it control you. You’re a phenomenal player, and I’ve seen your Marth pull off innovative things that Ken and Mew2King only dream of. Seriously.

Kyle – I guess I need to train you. 7th place is decent, at best. Thank you for actually making it to the smashfest on Sunday though, I almost got really frustrated to hear that you would ditch us all for mini golf… Lastly, thank you for mustering up the courage and strength to lift 160+ lb. me over 5 feet from the floor during our photos and celebrations. That felt pretty good :p

David – I like how you did as well as your twin, although everyone here back in NM falsely purports that you are worse than your brother. Well **** them, this tournament is probably the deciding event to demonstrate your rapid improvement as a Jigglypuff player. Much like I promised Kyle, I’ll definitely train you with your problem matches. I just need to know when you’re free. Both you and your brother’s work schedule annoy the **** out of the rest of us ABQ smashers.

Lewis – I don’t mean to criticize, but you don’t seem to be a very committed smasher. I love you to death, but your friendship with the Twins allows you to travel to OOS tournaments where you barely do anything. The prime example is GENESIS. I’m not trying to claim you’re lazy, but you show an interest in smash only at the fests in ABQ. Sure you entered the tournament, but afterwards you just silently lounge in your chair for hours and watch. Still, I’ll definitely contact you for more smashfests and brouhaha in ABQ. Otherwise, thank you for the support during the tournament. I know you whispered a lot of advice to me during my matches, especially with not being greedy.

Rahul – Thanks for making the effort to come to an OOS tourney. Is this your first one? Anyways, I know I don’t contact you very often when we smash, but I’ll make it a priority to do so. In fact, there’s one going on at Nolan’s as I post this :X I hope you had fun with whatever other stuff you did (girlfriend/family?) on the trip.

Ronald – Just know that if I was a panelist for the NM rankings, I’d put you above Paul, Steven, and August because you managed to show up ;) On a more serious note, you served as a good escape tool to get away from the stresses of the tournament. I enjoyed our friendlies and I liked how much you admired my falcon in tournament. I heard what you said: “He double jumped to sweetspot that knee OH MY GOD!” We’ll practice together soon, k?

Paul – You fucked up.

Steven – You fucked up.

August – You fucked up. The most.

Las Cruces – Fuck you.

2D Fighter Community – It was fun watching you guys between matches.

The Brawlers I didn't give shoutouts to – Play melee.

THE GUY THAT MADE THIS ALL HAPPEN

Webster – I had to save the best for last, right :lick: Thank you for being the quintessential bad*** – a tournament host, a Tekken champion, and a black guy that isn’t a criminal (jk jk that was rude. The twins are infecting me with their racist bull****). Seriously though, I can’t believe that you had the patience to tolerate their offensive remarks for hours on end. You also were quite the tolerant tournament host, allowing us to run around the venue, bring our own food and drinks inside, conduct and record our matches our own way, self-report, goof off in our photos, and most importantly, have fun. It was one of the best tournaments I’ve ever attended.

tekkie

Smash Master
Devildigimon - that tournament was awesome. you were trying your hardest to make sure everything was up and running, dedicating yourself to multitasking and micromanaging to make sure that everything went smoothly, and the end result was awesome. thanks for the good work and for running an awesome tournament.

El Paso:

Arturo - you are the coolest. thanks so much again for housing and making it comfortable for everyone! your family was also amazing, it always blows my mind how courteous people can be when dealing with young obnoxious ragamuffins like us. also, your snake is definitely better than it was last time we fought. i went into the match knowing i had improved since then and thought it would be no sweat, but you got a lot better too. i gotta keep up :bee:

Duffman - thanks for the friendlies! the wofl dittos were fun; i'm just so godawful against wolf in general since i'm the only person who ever uses him and i never get to train against him. your game n watch is crazy too. i learned a lot from those two matches. that friggin 9 hammer was too good, and next time i wont get upB stage spiked :)

Tetsuya - your marth was crazy. your spacing was just too good. sooooo many tippers. thanks for the matches :D

Neocell - also a good snake. fun matches. next time, no texture hacks though. at least twice i honestly thought a grenade/c4 was part of the stage and got asploded because of it. regardless, fun times, A+++++++ would play again

Skylar - use other characters besides MK lol :chuckle:

Starwin - definitely wont read this but you were the coolest ****er on the planet. that whole tourney set i was cracking up, you were impressed by everything i did lol. keep being awesome and play more :D

The rest of El Paso and Texas - You all suck lol, it was awesome and you missed out :D

Arizona:

Axe - hahaha, most of our conversation was waking up at 4am hearing something about ddr/stepmania and then asking later if that was you. also holy **** your pikachu is scary. teach neil how to melee :D

The rest of Arizona - if you were in charge of transportation then YOU SHOULDA COME NO JOHNS :p

New Mexico:

Dekar - you and your **** marth diddy kong. fun trip down. freddie and the dreamers are too good.

JT - i was gonna **** you in tourney. it was gonna be awesome. keep ROBing and if youre gonna start marthing do stuff besides grab sometimes :bee:

Zman - **** pit. i cant believe i almost ended up against you in tournament agaaaaaaaain. that was a nice bullet dodge. i'm still gonna beat you eventually. also the car ride back, awesome.

Isaccard - the whole trip back here was the funniest thing on the planet. and friendlies teams on friday were super funsies. you take the roll-obsessed lucario, ill handle the shuttle loop/dsmashing MK. :p

Arms - peach dittoes. fun as ****. also, the trip back here. fun as ****. keep being fun as **** and you might get a promotion.

Neil - hot **** that car ride back was ****ing hilarious/awesome. just the best. keep being awesome and, like any carnal indulgence, always in moderation and responsibly :D

Erich - 3rd? that's ******. didn't think you were gonna destroy the hell out of everyone so hard. thats awesome :D

Twins - youre a bunch of immature racist jerks. just kidding, <3.

Lewis - .....hi :)

Everyone else who was spooning on Arturo's floor - daaaaaaaaamn son

Everyone i missed - probably mostly melee people. i heard awesome things about how cool you guys were, which means you need to come visit ABQ sometime :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ok Full Shout Outs Time!!!

DevilDigimon - thank you so much for hosting this tournament. Thanks for being so chill and awesome haha. It was cool hangiong out with you =]

Dark Gease - Just as I said to Webster. You were too cool man! My bro and I will try really hard to make it to more tournaments k. HYPE!!!!

Axe - I love ya bro. I am so glad you were able to make it out here! I can't wait to see you again! May is too far away lol. Thank you so much for playing smash with us for all the weekend. We improved greatly thanks to you. I also thank you for coming to the magic shop lol. The magician Jeff is incredible huh haha. I am also happy that you may also be picking up some magic as well =]

Neil - GG's on getting 2nd. You did really well. Now you just need to break some bad habits and bad mentality in the game and you can keep climbing that ladder of greatness. Keep up the awesomeness lol. Also me and my bro aren't racist =D We just laugh at good jokes lol. Webster was laughing harder than we were lol. P.S. Next time stay falco lol.

Twin A aka Kyle - good job... next time win lol. You had those matches against Juarez but made tough mistakes. But gg's nonetheless lol.

Lewis - <3 nothing more needed. <3

Erich - It makes me sad that you are gonna be gone for 2 years =[ Keep in touch please. You did well. Good job on besting tetsuya. That's a huge thing for ABQ lol. Now you, Paul and August have done it. Next is me, my bro, Neil and Steven. Sadly I had my chance and didn't win. Next time haha.

Ronald - we need to smash sometime. You still owe me a falco ditto lol

Rahul - <3 you buddy. Thanks for coming and I hope you had a great experience =]

Tetsuya - I had fun playing you. I was really nervous you were gonna JV 5 me lol. I can't believe I made that comeback lol. See you at the next big ABQ tourney I hope. This time make sure the rest of EP comes lol

Neocell - you were very good on teams man. You should try playing melee more =]

woker - you were really cool man. I love the samus. I wish I got to play you lol.

Angi - dude your fox was beast! I really badly wanted to play you too. Next time right? =]

frajo, mike, and the rest of the Juarez crew - I'm sorry I can't remember who was who since we never fully introduced ourselves =[ But all of you guys were awesome! I hope to play with all of you again someday.

dekar - sexy as always!

furiousduffman - sexy as always too =]

zman - that Lucas is pure sexy still!

jt - I love you man. Seriously. You make these tournaments so much fun. And I loved watching your last match in doubles finals =] pure **** haha

isaccard - yo Nolan. You were amazing at this tournament. Your diddy owns. Your Pika is even better! I'm sad to hear that you are quitting Brawl for now but I am also happy you are picking up melee =] I hope Axe inspired you alot lol.

arms - <3

tekkie - DDR. Red Head. Engineering. Hacks! <3(*Trying to speak tekkies language*)

And this one I saved for last for special reasons... its probably gonna be the longest.

Arturo - You are amazing man. Thank you so much for housing us. You and your family were very generous. I cannot say enough how much it really meant to me. Next time you come to ABQ, you are welcome in my small apartment lol. You are really good in brawl and really cool in real life. And next time you face anyone from outside ABQ, I will have your back in any crap talking that occurs =]

Great tournament. Great fun. Next time host one here haha =]

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I thought he beat me out. But ya it kinda helps with the whole competitive twin thing...

Why didn't you come jet4???

*Gasps* I'm actually making shutouts :p Some of these are going to be short, some in specific responses.

Juarez: **** yeah! You guys rock. I hope my brothers(the twins) didn't offend you guys with their jokes, its all in good fun. They make fun of everybody as a sort of rite of initiation for their coolometer and I think you guys broke it :)

Sponsers: namely DevilDigi and associated crew: you guys were some of the best and coolest hosts I could imagine. I have not been to many tourneys, and needless to mention lack of experience, not many other hosts can compare simply because only so many people are as good of people as you were, Good **** and I look forward to coming to many more tourneys over there :)

Kyle: WHERES THE TRASH CAN!?
David: Holy ****. Our match drained everything I had. I admit I cried, and I don't exactly know why, it was that intense. Love ya bro, and screw you too in friendlies :p

NM: I love our community, none of us are so good that were so full of contempt, but rather, were all so full of competitive spirit that its worth losing my girlfriend over (Yes, you heard me right, its complicated)

Neil: you in particular I had some responses. I could go on about how little i know of smashfests to test myself(My fault) and how I also have very few people to play(my fault, I could call up Paul, one of our best, and challenge him...granted he would probably get pretty bored pretty fast just handing it to me hour after hour:p) and this and that and the other. But in all seriousness, it comes down to your right. I have not had the aspiring interest or higher motivation, and I have never actually put that much practice and effort into smash to be good. Somehow I expected to get better as time progressed, that it would just happen, but similar to growing up, I realize that it will take an active and conscious effort, something that is a no brainier to everybody. Your right, the desire and interest is there, but the effort put in to be a good smasher is in lack. What I realized when crying after my match with David was that being good is all about breaking the barriers of ones aptitude, that competitive smash requires pure heart and soul, like anything else competitively, and that natural aptitude is just not good enough, and that is the barrier I have hit. That's what most of us have technically hit--but I cant speak for anyone else::::and so here is the thing. If my girlfriend decides she does not want to support a competitive smash player, then the distance i traveled heading up to her house each Saturday can be extended just ever so slightly to hit your house like five min away, and you can help train me, but regardless of what happens, I am hereby declaring that I will dedicate more than anything I have previously given to smash. In fact I'm training right now :) As for the sitting silently in the corner after the match I had with David, and I don't mean to john, but I did not sleep the entire night before, and that match wiped out my mentality completely.

El Paso: You guys rock. Its hard to believe your a part of Texas, or at least the ones who showed up :p

Axe:What up my homie!? I hung out with you from the time you entered the starport(our airport) to the time you left, and it still was not enough time to hang out. As promised, there were a few key quotes that made this weekend near the best one I have ever had, even with girlfriend problems. I would like to quote them to you, and for the rest to see, because they are pretty interesting:

"I think I will have to pick one up when I get home...Everyone needs a Lewis."
"Everyone needs an Axe."
"Facial hair makes you look younger?"
"You must REALLY like pancakes."
"Guys, I just realized something terrible..."---"What?"---"Were in Texas."
"t-9"
"I can fit four fingers into mine. Maybe five. The white ones? They would be huge! I can only fit two into mine. I have never seen a bigger one." --a conversation between Axe, Twin A, and I, talking about the loop on the controllers when wrapped a certain way and using ones fingers as a measuring tool...To funny
"It's only four-hundred and forty-three miles."
"***hole" First English word directed at Axe that I heard from Juarez, other than team friendlies.
"the table...its like...holographic!?"
"YES! I'm finally off of bowser" Said by Twin A after like a bazillion match's in 'around the world'.

If you guys want to add any 'good times' quotes, feel free.

So, here's how Erich's bracket went:

Frejo Marth/FOX)
Neil (FOX)
Anji (FOX)
Tetsuya (FOX)
Neil again--guess who? FOX?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What garbage. Psh.

Hmmm, I suppose I'll do some shout-outs now, haha.

El Paso:

Basically, you all suck. Nubs.

TETSUYA: You, on the other hand, rock. The only Melee player with spirit from your whole city. And your partner, whom I have never met, Neocell. That last match I was about ready to have a heart-attack...my adrenaline was spiking absurdly high, haha. I had nothing left after that match, wow. That was the best match of the tournament, in my opinion. :) It was truly epic.

ARTURITO: Sorry I forgot you man. :/ Anyway, thanks a million for the housing. It was much appreciated. Good job in Brawl too, ja?

DUFFMAN!: You look different than I was expecting, haha. But you seem really cool, and good job on the second place. That's too good. :)
Arizona:

Sorry about your car troubles yo. That sucks. :(

AXE: Dude...you are one of the coolest people I have ever met. I am very sad I couldn't play you more. Very. I got some great experience from playing you though, especially the last 20 or so minutes when I dropped you all off. :) I don't know if I'll ever get another chance to play you, but it was worth it. Keep on keepin' on mate. I'll see you around, I hope.

NEW MEXICO!!!!:

We rock, haha. ;)

TWINS: Man, you guys just keep improving. It's great. That was a really fun tournament, and thanks for not being utterly obscene while in my car on the way up and the trip back, that was much appreciated. If I ever get a chance to go to a huge tournament with you all, then I expect us all to make it out of pools. And thanks for the encouragement, as you guys are very positive. I've been very stressed with school lately, haha. It affects my positive attitude a lot, mhmm.

KC: Awesome man, as usual. Way to screw everyone into the ground and run circles around all the Brawlers. I'd expect nothing less though! Haha. It was fun to hang out with you more OOS, seriously. If we get another chance, I'm taking it. :)

RONALD AND RAHUL: You guys rock. It was great to see you guys down there, and we had a ton of fun. Ronald, thank you again very much for paying for all of that! Dang yo.

NEIL: Thanks for your shoutouts man. Like I said to the twins, when I am stressed with school my positivity usually flies out the window. Usually. Anyway, good job on second. Axe is just...TOO GOOD!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too good. But it was epic just hanging out in EP, eh? Don't worry man, I won't be negative at the next tournament. Which means you're not going to beat me. :)

Mexico:

I don't know who all came down, but...you guys all freaking rock. I love you all, and you are some of the coolest people I've ever met. Seriously, you guys are great. I remember Anji, Frejo, and Woker, and you all are cool beans yo. :cool: I dunno, but I hope I see you guys again.

That's it, I guess. I really don't always like doing shout-outs...they take forever!!

And also, DevilDigimon...man, thank you so much for hosting one of the best run tournaments I've ever been to. I don't know who you were working with, but you two are quite possibly the best two tournament hosts ever. I'm excited about the next one, whether it be here in Albuquerque or over there in EP again, or wherever. Hope it's down here though! Haha. ;)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Erich, I knew you were my foxy man.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Shoutouts:

First of all:

AXE
You are one of my best friends and getting to spend this much time with you again was amazing! Hopefully we'll be seeing you in May for the camping trip :) Thanks for being such an amazing teams partner and congrats on your sweep of the tourney :D

Devildigimon/Webster: Dude you were cool and a great person to hangout with. Congrats on taking Tekken and thanks for being able to take a joke (or several lol). Can't wait to chill at your next tourney.

DarkGeese: Way to host a killer tourney. Keep up the great work bro.

El Paso:

Tetsuya: Way to still be great at melee despite the retirement and lack of practice! And good job in Brawl.

Neocell: you were funny as always and again congrats on doing well in brawl doubles.

Arturro Burrito: Thank you so much for housing and for being so amazing! Next time I'll try to be there to cheer you on more! :D

Duffman: Fun times as always! Congrats on getting second :D

The rest of EP: you scrubs couldn't even go ten minutes out of your way for this!? :p

Mexico:

WokeR: your samus was great! Hope I get to play you again!

Anji: ah those matches were so close! Next time friend.

mike: You shiek was impressive as was your playstyle. Next time we play we'll do it without the chaingrabbing (my fault there :p)

everyone else from Mexico: too good

New Mexico:

Havox/lewis: Keep improving my brother! Now you should have the drive to get better and the time. Any road trip is great with you there :D

tw1n: lol congrats on playing well. you made some dumb mistakes but overall played well :D

Twin A: scrub

Neil: Congrats on second :D play me more so I can learn that stupid fox match up :p

Erich: no johns son! You played well but you let your mentality get to you. you tend to make excuses for yourself and in turn play worse. Learn to move on after making a mistake and play strong. That having been said I proud of how well you played. Thank you for waiting up for us Friday and being an amazing friend! Oh and Dave and I aren't always crude, just at smash tourneys :p You saw us how we are most of the time. Relaxed and smiling ^_^ *hugs*

Ronald: you keep getting better! We have to play again'

Rahul: Same goes to you friend :D

Dekar: raaaape

Arms: didn't talk much but raaaape

Nolan: Your Pika makes me happy haha.

Zman: <3

JT: good **** in teams bro! Fun as always

Tekkie: We didn't talk much, but <3 :D

<3 NM in general.

Utah:
<3 Sinz

Fun tourney everyone. Until next time ^_^

:link:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I was there bro.

I just lost so quickly to Axe and Erich that I cried and left.

turnip tosser

Smash Rookie
good job on winning this axe. all these nice things people have to say about u does make me sick :p but naw axe is a humble champion, the type of person that will play a close match with you no matter what level your at just to try out different moves and make for a good match. i love axe. i vow to get better jeff. next time we meet, ill make you try your best. ( insert naruto thumbs up )

good job on winning this axe. all these nice things people have to say about u does make me sick :p but naw axe is a humble champion, the type of person that will play a close match with you no matter what level your at just to try out different moves and make for a good match. i love axe. i vow to get better jeff. next time we meet, ill make you try your best. ( insert naruto thumbs up )
About the insert thumbs up thing...*Insert Goku shroyuken thumbs up for awesomeness and more connection with the audience* :p

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
no time to do these and sorry if i foret you cause i am doing this and a lot of pretty ladies are passing so i can't do epic shoutouts.

thanks to the 2 TOs. hope you liked the venue and come make the next tourney soon! we will improve the scene!

1: dekar- girl, you are the best. you are in a total other level than anyone in our region. Next time let me get 1st
2: furiousduffman- your falco and wario are too sick but you didnt play any GW:( i wanted to see it cause its too pro
3: arturo- I would have expected more challenge from you on the finals. Everytime we team either one ****s up... we have good team combos though
4: tetsuya- **** you carried neocell both melee and brawl?!? you need to place better!
5: zman- nice teaming with in friendlies man. team with me for some low tiers sometime. Nice matches vs your lucas, felt that you were learning the match up fast
5: jt- forget dekar, YOU are the best. A lot of **** you say is so funny. nice work on intimidating all of us on the last match. all of us just died. it was all a big cluster****
7: isaccard- Your tag should be nolan lol i like more. Nice pika-pi. You just ***** my falco so easily. GGs
7: neocell- place higher ya scrub!! you need to play more serious and stop trying to main the whole cast
9: skylar- not bad of an mk. also your team was cool
9: tekkie- nice playing you on wolf dittos! i love that character again
13: esai- you greatly improved since i played you at juarez! very good job!

2: neal- you made me quit melee. You are too good and ill never be at that level so i am throwing in the towel. GO beat pros!!!
twins: Thanks for making the effort to come! Where is that FURIOUS TRICK!?? lol <3
9: woker- Nice seeing you here. Host another tourrnament over there and let us know!!

Man. :( Now two Melee players have died. WTF!? At least one has the consolation prize of brawl. RONALD! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

WokeR

Smash Apprentice
My shoutouts =P

Axe.- Man, you're awesome. You're so kind and respectful, I didn't expect that in a pro smasher. And your pikachu is soooo goooood, that hyperactive rat is a monster. I really hope to play you again someday, and record the match hahahaha. <3

Neil.- I'll quote Anji on this. "The fastest Falcon I've played". Seriously, I had to think my moves faster because of your constant pressure, congrats on getting second, you deserve it.

Twins.- Hahahaha, you racist gringos <3. You two are awesome people, you were the ones who screamed the most in the entire tournament, I love that spirit.

Anji.- You suck at spelling your own nickname hahahaha, it's "j" , not "g". You played so good in this tournament, I hope to play you soon... wait, I play with you every 3 days xD.

Mike.- Chaingrab matches are not fun, it's Twin_A's fault though hehehe. Anyway, good matches, you're improving fast.

Frajo.- I didn't know you were coming to this, but I'm glad you did. <3

N64 and Chocho.- Get your Visa!!!!!!!!... So you can play with awesome people hehehe.

WokeR.- Fancy Samus. Love the Double Wall-Jump to Charge Shot <3. However, you died for doing it hahaha.

Erich.- Very good Marth, I wanted to play you :( ... maybe next time. And I agree with Twin_A, you should control yourself a little.

Tetsuya.- Congrats on getting 4th, you Fox is good, but you need to sweetspot more.

Devildigimon.- Thanks for this tournament, you gave us the opportunity to meet this awesome people. I hope you host more tournaments in El Paso <3. Btw, will you post the bracket, pictures and videos????

Arturito and Duffman.- Good to see you two again, congrats on getting 2nd and 3rd. That proves that El Paso competitive level is very high in Brawl.

Isai.- Why did you come alone to this??? It was nice to see you ^^.

Lewis.- Thank you for borrow me your laptop <3.

Everyone else.- There are people who I didn't meet, or I don't remember their name (like a very nice guy with glasses hehehe). Good job everyone in their respective games, it was nice to see people from different cities playing competitively.

Havox 'OmniSoul' Exodus.- When and who said that???... o.O...

P.S. - Some tournament matches for melee are in my youtube channel... www.youtube.com/wokernator

AXE 09

Smash Master
all right! sorry it took so long for me to do this you guys. i've been kinda busy lately lol. so here's my shoutouts =) my deepest appologies if i forget anyone. i don't have much time to do this right now, so i'll try my best, and if i forget someone and remember later, i'll post it here again lol. well, here goes :)

Neil
Jeff – You’re first, mainly because you took the effort to fly over to ABQ for this relatively small tournament. You’re **** good, a true professional, and don’t let any east coast ***got tell you otherwise. Congratulations on 1st place, and if you keep flying out to more Most Angriest Shinobi tournaments, there’s a strong chance of you getting the grand prize ;) We’ve met many times before, at AZOneTwoStep, GENESIS, and Grand Challenge, but those were mere acquaintances. This time I felt like I got to know you best. Whatever you do, don’t change. Arizona is lucky to have you, your parents are lucky to have you, hell even your future wife and family should be thankful to have you (not the other way around!). You’ve got that congenial attitude that teenagers seldom have, let alone even those in the smash community.
this is literally the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me =') man... dude i'm so glad i got to get to know you better this time. you're so freakin hilarious! and you're REALLY freakin good at melee, i was so shocked at how good you are man. like seriously, why haven't i heard your name being used more and stuff? you're one of the best falcon players i've ever played in my life. EVER. dude, you are so hilarious and definitely one of the most awesome people that i met on my entire trip there. i hope we see each other again soon man! please try to travel to more tourneys lol. you freakin rock dude

TWINS! - guys, i would've never been able to make this trip if it weren't for the both of you (ok i'm gonna be honest and say that i have to thank twin a for the most part, but i <3 you too tw1n lol). the reason why i don't do a shoutout to both of you individually is because both of you share an equal part in my heart. i love both of you guys equally, you both have put so much influence on me that it's unimaginable. you guys have become some of my best friends, and i'm so glad that i've gotten to meet and know you. your guys' magic is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! i still can't get over all the tricks you guys do lol. i'm also so impressed at how much you guys improve every time i see you, you make this little pikachu main so proud =D please keep practicing and improving. hopefully i'll see both of you again very soon =)

Tournament Hosts - job well done on an extremely fun tournament!! i had a blast! it was so tight meeting you two also. i hope to see both of you again in the future, please host more tourneys so i can try to come again =)

Lewis
"I think I will have to pick one up when I get home...Everyone needs a Lewis."
"Everyone needs an Axe."
"Facial hair makes you look younger?"
"You must REALLY like pancakes."
"Guys, I just realized something terrible..."---"What?"---"Were in Texas."
"t-9"
"I can fit four fingers into mine. Maybe five. The white ones? They would be huge! I can only fit two into mine. I have never seen a bigger one." --a conversation between Axe, Twin A, and I, talking about the loop on the controllers when wrapped a certain way and using ones fingers as a measuring tool...To funny
"It's only four-hundred and forty-three miles."
"***hole" First English word directed at Axe that I heard from Juarez, other than team friendlies.
"the table...its like...holographic!?"
"YES! I'm finally off of bowser" Said by Twin A after like a bazillion match's in 'around the world'.
LOL!! omg dude, we had some amazing times hahahaha. i almost forgot about that holographic table. dude, that was the most amazing table i had ever seen o.O intense haha. at the moment, i can only think of one more quote:
"I'd money match her"
lol good stuff. i would try to quote some stuff from that HILARIOUS comedian that we were listening to that one night at Arturo's place, but he said so much funny stuff that i wouldln't know where to begin haha!. something about inside-out nipples, gay blowjobs, and making girls think that they have to make you a sandwich after sex lololol. also man, i'm so impressed at how much you improved from only just one day. when you and i played for those few hours, your skill level increased dramatically. i was like holy crap, this dude learns fast lol. you definitely made this trip worthwhile, and i'm so glad i met you man. 'till we meet again!

Erich - Man, we should've played more! ah, that's alright lol. i'll try to go down there again as soon as possible so we can get some more games in =) you do so well against me, it's really freakin hard to play you. you're really good dude, keep it up. you're a really cool dude too, it was awesome meeting you man!

Tetsuya - omg dude o.O you did SO freakin good against me. did you know that you were the only person out of everyone that i played in the tourney to take a match off me? i'm being serious when i say this... you're freakin good lol. i had to try really hard against you and it was still really hard for me to move. you're so awesome man. KEEP PLAYING MELEE!!!! PLEASE!!!!!! i'm begging you!! lol

Woker & Anji - you guys are probably THE most awesome Mexican dudes i've ever had the pleasure of meeting lol! Anji, i'm so sorry i had to be all gay in our doubles matches, i felt like such a douche lol. but i'm hoping that one day, you'll get me back for that :) both of you guys have amazing talent. i want to see your guys' names be HUGE one day. become some of the best players! Woker, i have to thank you for not only having a double-walljump-reverse-charged shot amazing samus, but for also putting in the effort for recording all of the matches and uploading them. you rock my socks lol. Anji, you're just really freakin cool =) you guys rock

Other Mexicans - sorry, i didn't mean to say it like that lol! i'm totally not racist haha. i'm sorry, i'm just really horrible with names. but seriously, i have to thank you guys for travelling so far and putting in the effort for coming to this tournament. you guys are awesome!

Dekar - gah! i miss you man!!! don't worry, i'm taking excellent care of our trophy =) i'll definitely bring it to every big tourney hoping to see you there. this will be our little thing haha. passing on the trophy =) you definitely deserve it. thank you for letting me be the first one to take it home. man you are so tight, and i'm glad i got to know you slightly better this time lol. hopefully we'll get to talk much more next time we meet =)

Arturo - dude! i NEED to thank you for the housing, and just for being an awesome guy in general! it was kinda cool talking to you the second night before we went to sleep too (no homo). it was kinda cool getting thoughts from a player like you, you're really tight and so smart. again, thanks for the housing man!

alright, i'm all out of time for now, i know i forgot bunchloads of people lol. but hopefully i'll get to do more later if i'm lucky haha. i had a blast at this tourney. sorry i'm doing shoutouts so late. basically, everyone i met was AWESOME!!! this tourney was amazing ^^

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I just want u all to know, i miss u all very much already. :(

In a perfect world MW and SW would all live in the same county. And Ganon would be mayor.

...just sayin. :laugh:

TengenToppaTetsuya

Smash Cadet
Man, i sure am late to this thread eh? Anyway Shout outs are a gogo!

Axe- it was an honor to play a smasher of your status. Not sure if i will continue to play melee :(

NM Peeps!
Erich- Good job on whooping me with my old main! Now i know what it feels like to get CG'ed and tipped! :p

Twins- Awesome as always . Both of you have improved so much! Love your guys spirit as well, always hype a match up, ! I would like to see some sick twin maigc as well! :p

Neil- We didnt get to play each other :(

Nolan(issacard correct?)- good **** with pika, legit as hell

tekkie- trying to follow kashes wolf paws, or making your own? :p good wolf bro!

JT- sick rob, GJ beating Arti and lui :p

Dekar- sick diddy kong man you are WAYYY out of our league , but that's a good thing! we need to get better too! Marth dittos next time, for sure bro!

Woker, anji, other mexicans- Good job on being amazing, didnt know we had such good melee players around the corner :p

Tournament hosts- Good ****, thanks for putting everything together!
Wish we could have more tourneys like this...heh

^^is lewis^^

Woker? What did I was that someone said? was it about two melee smashers dying? it was figurative not literal--they're "quitting" smash, but like my best bud Twin A put it, you never quit smash. kind of like taking a hiatus. one of them will be back or Ima punch him in the throat :p jk ronald.

Oh, For axe:
"My rules are I never sleep with a guy on the first date...but I will do oral." :p That guy was way too funny! Miss you much bro! *Cries*

황미영

Smash Champion
Dark Geese is a cool guy eh, runs every type of fighting game and does not afraid of anything.

I wanna be good with Anna in Tekken. T^T

Top Bottom