• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 27 Harrisburg Mall - HBCPGA.COM

Damon180

Smash Ace
I-83 & Paxton St
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717) 564-0980

Check their website www.hbcpga.com for further details

There are several events going on here that are worth checking out! If you have friends that aren't just into smash, perhaps they'd be into some of the other games.
We had over 150 gamers attend at our last event, and we're expecting more this time around!
**NEW - Added a slot for Melee singles **

- Action shot -

Tournaments are as follows:

Madden 2k10
NBA 2K10

Smash Brawl (Singles and Teams)

Smash Melee (Singles definite, Teams pending)
Halo3 ODST (FFA and 2v2)
Fight Night Round 4
Modern Warfare 2 (FFA and 2v2)
Street Fighter
Tekken 6

Times:
Registration starts at 11am
Brawl Teams start @12noon-1pm
Brawl Singles start @3pm
Melee Singles start @5pm

Brawl Rules:
* 3 Stock
* 7 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Finals/championship will be best of 5
*In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned!
* Anything the TO deems unsportsman-like or Illegal will have you disqualified from the tournament!

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
3. The first game is played, using a random stage from the starter set
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List
Random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Counter
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

*NEW - Added Stage Striking

Melee Rules:
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
Finals and Grand Finals are best of 5.
The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
For all Melee tournaments, use of the character Metaknight is banned.

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
3. The first game is played, using a random stage from the starter set
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Starter Stage List
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium

Counter Stage List:
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Be there losers, I wanna take you to pirate ship and japes for massive lawls
Grape: So, where do you wanna cp?
Me: Doesn't matter. Anywhere with platforms.
Grape: Uhh... we're going to Pirate Ship!
Other team: Aww ****

Cannonball shield break combo.

But, seriously, ban more stages. We won't get good turn-outs much longer if Grape keeps playing gay aqua ape on Japes.

Damon180

Smash Ace
Oi. Stage bans, I do understand. We'll see. I might add or remove a few by the end of the week. I'll ask a few other TOs about how they run it. You're always welcome to strike Japes or Pirate Ship for now :).

THOR_pikachu

Smash Rookie
Thees is r B3st T0urny evar. I is so exeected to pleh here for the lawls u am is r going to jungle japes all day ^_^

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
Suppose I'll limber up and come out of tourney retirement for this since it finally fits my schedule. Melee all day, son.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Yay!!! Finally!! I missed the last tournament because I spent the night over my friend's house and had no idea that there was one... I came home the same day and my sister was all in my face yelling, "Where were you!? Why didn't you pick up your phone! There was a Brawl tournament today at the mall!!" I was like, "ZOMG! NO WAYY!!"

But yeah, I was so mad... But nowz, I can enter it! YAYAY! I'm so excited... *starts counting days* xD!!

I'm just pondering if I should use Marth, Ike, or Zelda... *tears up* I've been so bad lately!

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
WTF WHERES THE ****ING HYPE AT THIS THREAD SHOULD BE FILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tim Travis and Chad i need a smashfest to get my skills back before this tourny, also Ima **** everyone at this tourny up for melee and third where the **** is the future PA SMASHERS at???

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE i will be taking first place in Street Fighter 4 Tekken 6 Halo FFA if my boy comes Halo 2v2 and Melee
That Is All
Thank You

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
T___T.... I KNOW I'm gonna get crushed at this tourney. It'd be my first official tourney ever! (Unofficial at my school).

Damon180

Smash Ace
My schedule is pretty weird. I have people over to play thursday mornings like 9am-noon, and Saturdays 1pm-5pm. If you're comin Elkomo, I'll buff up my link a bit. (he's been going soft lately).

T___T.... I KNOW I'm gonna get crushed at this tourney. It'd be my first official tourney ever! (Unofficial at my school).
You'll do fine IkeFiend. If anything your game will improve greatly. Mine always does :).

UPDATE i will be taking first place in Street Fighter 4 Tekken 6 Halo FFA if my boy comes Halo 2v2 and Melee
That Is All
Thank You
I think your 16 stocking days are over son. You've joined the ranks of the working class! Haha

Anyone is welcome to head over to my place for some practice then, just PM me. I have 2 setups, one for melee and brawl. Melee prefered.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
lol i will definitely get back to crew battle status before the trourny i might even get back in the top 10 it depends on SF4 thats my game right now

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
ok im goin 4 brawl and Tekken 6 (melee maybe) this is only like half an hour from where I live so yea THIS will be my 1st official smash tourney btw I will be takin brawl hands dwn
This is my first official smash tournament too. (But lately, I've been having REALLY low self esteem.) I'm only like 5 minutes away from teh mall. (Intended typo). xD!!

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
Sup travis you never play sf4. Hop on that!!!
I don't have it on 360 though, just PS3. I did just recently get a stick for 360 though, so I'll play you in the tournament. If Tim comes to my house the night before like usual, you should come with him and we can play/practice it (and smash) then.

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
ok im goin 4 brawl and Tekken 6 (melee maybe) this is only like half an hour from where I live so yea THIS will be my 1st official smash tourney btw I will be takin brawl hands dwn
See ya there, tough guy. Hope you'll go easy on us old-timers :urg:

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Hate to bust your bubble, but you're going to lose Brawl. Not even to the people who win brawl either. You're going to lose it to me. I don't even like the game. I'm probably twice your age. Get *****.

And you'll lose in front of your little girlfriend. Ouch, life must be rough for kinds now-a-days. :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You should come to Fusion 1 this weekend in South Jersey first

and MM me

yayuz

or maybe I can somehow make it to this tourney

Robfox

Smash Lord
Hate to bust your bubble, but you're going to lose Brawl. Not even to the people who win brawl either. You're going to lose it to me. I don't even like the game. I'm probably twice your age. Get *****.

And you'll lose in front of your little girlfriend. Ouch, life must be rough for kinds now-a-days. :laugh:

ahaha well C im pretty confident N my skills nd I doubt youll beat me loo btw thatZ not my GF I dont even no her

IkeFiend

Smash Ace

Lulz, flame. Btw, people who are arrogant like you end up doing terrible in the long-run. *coughcoughkarmacourgh* :dizzy:

Damon180

Smash Ace
You can pre-register on their website (except melee), or you can register when you get there during the registration times posted on the first page. ID would be helpful if you do pre-reg.

Registration does go on throughout the day for events that start past 1pm.

Damon180

Smash Ace
I'm there as early as 9 for friendlies :). Friendlies are winner stays, loser leaves 2 outa 3. We have plenty of setups so there should be ample opportunities to play. PM me with any other questions.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
ahaha well C im pretty confident N my skills nd I doubt youll beat me loo btw thatZ not my GF I dont even no her
**** right she's not your GF, she's mine. Bring your skills onto the melee table, hopefully they aren't accurately represented by your grammar. ;)

Lulz, flame. Btw, people who are arrogant like you end up doing terrible in the long-run. *coughcoughkarmacourgh* :dizzy:
Flaming isn't just a simple statement, it's an art form. I'm not arrogant... I'm very well known.

"The downside to being better than everyone else, is people tend to assume you're pretentious".

Robfox

Smash Lord
**** right she's not your GF, she's mine. Bring your skills onto the melee table, hopefully they aren't accurately represented by your grammar. ;)

Flaming isn't just a simple statement, it's an art form. I'm not arrogant... I'm very well known.

"The downside to being better than everyone else, is people tend to assume you're pretentious".

lol dawg have you read when I said Melee MAYBE lol im more in tune with brawl and that little statement about being better than everyone else usually shows that person suck so bring your brawl skills to the table hopefully it's better than your big head *** hole personality :p

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
lol dawg have you read when I said Melee MAYBE lol im more in tune with brawl and that little statement about being better than everyone else usually shows that person suck so bring your brawl skills to the table hopefully it's better than your big head *** hole personality :p
Don't melee "maybe". Man up please. I'm entering both so you'd better too. If you're truly skilled you'll strut it in both games. The concept behind them is the same.

Nothing about the way I talk is "big head *** hole". I've demonstrated my talent in many-a-tournament. Show yours then bear your right to talk.

:p

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
AHEM you guys are extremely beligerent on the boards you have no idea how serious the **** talk gets with me get ready for trrue pwnage also people from my job are coming so we can take mw2 LANCASTER WILL BE BACK ON THE MAP almost every tourney win will come back with me and my locals mwahahahahah
scrubs...

Damon180

Smash Ace
AHEM you guys are extremely beligerent on the boards you have no idea how serious the **** talk gets with me get ready for trrue pwnage also people from my job are coming so we can take mw2 LANCASTER WILL BE BACK ON THE MAP almost every tourney win will come back with me and my locals mwahahahahah
scrubs...
Your mom.

....Where's lancaster?

Top Bottom