• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 16th DATE CONFIRMED!!! Jo0's SFIV and Brawl tourny DALLAS,TX

Jo0

Smash Cadet
When -

March 16th, 11AM - Whenever

Location - Google Maps Link -

Courtyard Marriot
2191 N. Greenville Avenue, Richardson, TX‎

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=max2JnqjUs4

Contact -

Me(Jo0) : 469 744 8641 AIM: Vinh say

Please contact me if you can help run the tourny or bring setups. This will be my first tourny to hold and I may need help if I'm overwhelmed with the turn out. I need to keep a count of who can bring setups just for the sake of knowing whether or not we will get a smooth tourny going.

Games -

Smash Bros Brawl
Street Fighter IV

Setups -

I will waive the venue fee if you bring a complete setup.

Complete setup:

1) TV
2) Wii and cables or 360 and cables or PS3 and cables
3) Brawl and SFIV

I encourage everyone to try to bring a complete setup. This venue has a decent amount of space and we can have LOTS of setups up at the same time with PLENTY of space to walk around. (I hope) ALSO if you can bring extra TVs/consoles that would also help. Just incase people dont have TVs to bring and can only bring consoles. (vice versa)

Surge protectors will help too! We might run out of outlets for consoles and TVs

We need setups for SFIV and Brawl. For SFIV I will accept PS3s and 360s, if you can only play on one console we can work it out during the tourny. I am only doing this so we can get more setups regardless of what console.

Details -

Venue Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $5 (per person)
SFIV Singles - $10
SFIV Doubles - $5 (per person)

Prize payouts -

*Sorry UTDZac I can't think of a payout list so I'm borrowing your payout list from Phase*

31 individuals or less
1st = 60%
2nd = 30%
3rd = 10%

32 - 63 individuals
1st = 58%
2nd = 28%
3rd = 10%
4th = 4%

64 individuals or more
1st = 55%
2nd = 25%
3rd = 10%
4th = 5%
5th = 2.5%
5th = 2.5%

Schedule -

11AM - Registration begins
1230PM - Brawl Doubles
1PM - SFIV Doubles
230PM - Brawl Singles
330PM - SFIV Singles

*With the venue space being a decent amount. If we have a good balance between the amount of setups we can run one of each game's events at the same time. I am hoping to get this running smoothly and quickly so we can have lots of fun time for friendlies as well.*

General Rules:

- All games will be played on the default settings, unless otherwise specified, below.
- All macros available via the in-game controller configuration menu are allowed.
- Hardware macros, rapid-fire, or other hardware assisted mechinsims are strictly forbidden.
- Accidently pausing the game at any time during the fight may force you to forfeit the round (solely at a judge’s discretion).
- You must provide your own controller for games played on the Wii, Playstation3, 360. (PS3 and 360 Pads please bring your USB cord to avoid synching.)
- All converters are the responsibility of the player.
- PLAYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING TRACK OF THEIR SETUPS.

Although all controller set ups are allowed, you must remove your batteries from your controller in front of the organizer. This is to prevent unwanted syncing and cheating in others matches or interference in other matches, if u are caught interfering with someones match or cheating for someone then you and the player that you were cheating for will both be disqualified, removed from the tournament, venue and you will not be refunded. NO EXCEPTIONS OR EXCUSES!!!!! You've been warned!

SFIV Rules:

All players are allowed to do button checks BEFORE THE MATCH STARTS. It is your responsibility to make sure your controller and button mapping fits your needs before starting the match. IF FOR ANY REASON YOUR ARCADE STICK FAILS DURING A MATCH, REMOVE YOUR HANDS FROM YOUR STICK AND WAIT FOR AN OFFICIAL TO HOLD THE GAME FOR YOU TO CHECK YOUR STICK OR BORROW A FELLOW PLAYER'S STICK.

*Teams*
- Game Settings: Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, No Handicap
- If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
- 2/3 Rounds
- Players must keep the same character throughout the tournament
- Each team is made up of two players
- A team cannot have two of the same character
- Players must stick with their characters throughout the tournament
- In a match, player 1 from Team A plays player 1 from Team B. Then player 2 from Team A plays player 2 from Team B. If one team wins both games, the match is over. If players from different teams win, then the winners of each of the previous two games play, and the winner of that game wins the match.
- Double Elimination

*Singles*
- Game Settings: Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, No Handicap
- If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
- 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games
- Starting players of the team play, winner stays, loser switches with his teammate.
- First team to eliminate the other wins.
- Double Elimination

Brawl Stages:

Starter Stages
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza

Counterpick Stages
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

Brawl Rules:

- 3 Stock for Brawl.
- 8 minute timer.
- Items are set to "Off" and "None"
- Matches are best of 3. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5.
- Controller port disputes will be resolved by Rock-Paper-Scissors or higher number with G&W's SideB.
- Brawl: First round stage will be determined by stage strike system. Melee: Random with one Stage Strike or use Brawl method.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- If sudden death occurs (outside of timeouts), sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
- Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.
- Double Elmination

Banned Techs:

- Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
- Any infinite grab (including wall grabs) if the opponent is over 250%. For wall infinites, this does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
- Stalling, including planking and scrooging (gliding under the stage repeatedly), is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it

Other Rules:

- Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. Brawl Only. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
- Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Brawl Only. Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
- MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
- Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.

Jo0

Smash Cadet
Lol SWEET! I'm glad you guys are coming! Can't wait to set this date in stone so we can get this ball rolling!

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested...REALLY depends on the date for me, so as soon as you get one set in stone, I'll let you know.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I think it might be a problem, just because I am already spending that amount of money for Phase, and then week after phase is Whobo so idk if i want to be spending money so close to these big money spending events =\

Jo0

Smash Cadet
Yeah I was thinking about that last night, since I remembered so many tournies are going on this month. :( Gah what to do, what to do.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I think I will show up for friendlies.. =\ I haven't gained much money so i am still looking to save for Whobo/Phase 7... sooo yeah, I'll think about entering

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Aw man I think I'm comin as it's 5 minutes away! If we all get kicked out or sumthin we could finish at my place got lotsa space
oops never mind its actually 20 minutes away but i should be there

Jo0

Smash Cadet
Today was fun! Thanks to everyone who came. :) I am glad everyone enjoyed it, even though there was a small turn out. :/ I hope to do this again sometime soon, hopefully with a better date for a bigger turn out. :)

Top Bottom