• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HEERO Presents: PSI [Passaic Smash Invasion], April 3rd

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
GET HYPED!!! April 3rd!

AiB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9086

Hey everybody, it's HEERO! or Jose for those that prefer to call me by actual name...

I've decided to start hosting Brawl Bi-Monthlies here in my hometown of Passaic, NJ. Most of you know I'm a Melee player now and are probably wondering what I'm doing hosting Brawl tournaments. Simple. I love Smash and I don't actively attend Brawl tournaments so this gives me a chance to build up my TO skills and to see my friends in the Brawl community.

Of course I'm willing to take help from the likes of J.G. Wentworth, Keitaro, and dmbrandon.
I'll ask for the help of others of course if needed.

It's fairly simple to get to the venue from any part of Jersey and it's just as easy to get here from New York City, so no transportation johns!

Venue Info:
Elecxperts
55 Market St
Passaic, NJ 07055

The venue is practically twice the size of Alex Strife's Viridian City Series, so in the future when interest in this series rises we can fit more people much easier. Of course the only problem is that the venue only has LCDs, but that's where you guys come in! Bring Set-ups.
I'm currently working on trying to get a discount on bringing set-ups.
On the post below I'll list who is bring a Wii/TV/Full Set-up.

Winner's/Loser's Semi-Finals
Winner's/Loser's Finals
Grand Finals will all be played on an 80 inch projector so everyone can view!

General Rules & Regulations:
EVERYONE MUST READ THESE!!!

- NO cursing in the store. I know this is hard, but please keep any kind of swearing out of your conversation. This is the stores rules, so please respect them.
- NO outside food is allowed in the store.
- NO REFUNDS! Once you pay, that's it!
- B.Y.O.C. = BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! The store will not provide a controller for you nor will we.
- We (the store, and T.O.'s in charge) are NOT responsible for anything stolen or any items left behind. If you bring a Wii for us to use, you better keep an eye on it. When you bring your controller, keep it at your side at all costs. We can not be your eyes and ears, you must be responsible for your own stuff.

Schedule
Venue Opens: 11 am
Doubles Starts: 12:30 pm

We have the venue until 10 pm, which should be more than enough time, but if we need anymore time the venue owner is fine with it!
No time limit here!!

Pricing:
Venue - $5!(Working on reduced venue for bringing set-ups as well.)
Singles - $10
Doubles - $20 (10 per person)

Prizes:
Up to 40 people...
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

More than 40 people...
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

Doubles
1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

Information:
RULE SET
Singles
- 3 Stock
- 8 Minute Time Limit
- No Items
- No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)
- 50 Ledge grab rule will be enforced. If any player grabs the edge more than 50 times in a game, that player will be considered the loser of the game.
- If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You cannot quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
- First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that cannot be used in counter picks.
- Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
- You may not counter pick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
- Once a Player/ Team bans a stage, it is BANNED from the SET.

Doubles:
- Same standard rules and stages as singles.
- Team Attack is on.
- Stock Sharing is allowed.
- Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
- NO SUBSTITUTES!!

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches

1st) Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2nd) Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3rd) Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
4th) The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5th) The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6th) The winner of the previous match chooses their character**
7th) The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8th) Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
** If the loser of the previous match chooses to use random pick for the stage, the winner cannot change character

The standard stage list is being used at this. Also if anyone wants to use the MLG ruleset during a set, as long as both players/teams agree then it's fine.

Stage List:
Neutral Stages: - each player can strike one stage and remaining stage is played
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (SSBB)

Counterpick Stages:
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium(Melee)

Banned Stages:
Everything Else

Other Rules:
***Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.***

Any Standing and Small Step Infinite is BANNED .
If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.

Mages DQ Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Contact Info:
Call me @ 862.219.2582 if you need help getting to the venue the day of the tourney.
**Texting is fine**
AIM: Hey Jose Says

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
\Attendee's List
1) Allied
2) Nakat
3) iKon (Wooj)
4) RizMF
5) Doom
6) AfroChimp
7) Anti!
8) Inferno
9) Vinnie (PGN)
10) Mr. Clutch
11) Kai
12) Shippo
13) Ya Boiii, ★ J.G WentWorth ★
14) Keitaro
15) Minty
16) P_Wii
17) Jtails
18) Cheese
19) Que
20) Blackanese
21) ChaosMarth
22) FighterKirby
23) Pierce
24) Seph
25) KiD
26) Gunblade
27) Orion
28) Xzax!
29) Will!!
30) Kirinblaze
31) Punishment Divine
32) Aztec Avenger
33) Rizakor
34) Remix
35) Knightmare
36) Kingz-nightmare
37) James
38) Delta-God :3
39) MXXD
40) Nairo!
41) Andrew Ryan
42) HyperEnergy
43) LovEtheBrawler
44) Zucco
45) Xionix
46) Love The Brawler
47) Alzurel!
48) ThirtyFour's Falco :3
49) F5 Koro
50) dmbrandon
51) Shadow
52) Cloudfox
53) 3x
54) Hippiedude
55) Vex Kasrani
56) Alex Strife
57) Izumi
58)
59)
60)

Set-Up List
TVs - 12
RizMF - 1
JG WentWorth - 4
P_Wii - 1
KiD - 1
Inferno - 1
Delta-Cod - 1
MXXD - 1
Xio - 1
Heero(Meeee :D) - 1
3x - 1

Wii's - 12
RizMF - 1
Kai - 1
JG WentWorth -1
Keitaro - 1
P_Wii - 1
KiD - 1
Gunblade - 1
MXXD -1
34 - 1
Rizakor - 1
Cloudfox - 1
3x - 1

Allied

Smash Master
YEAHH HERO THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST TOURNAMENT KNOWN TO MAN GET @ HIM

caps

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I was gonna hold my tourney on this day but I guess I'll have to wait for my next free day which would probably be late May. I'll probably be at this since I'll be free. I do have some things to say to hopefully improve the tourney:

1. Try to get the venue fee down to $5 because it's more friendly to smashers. Regardless, I'll just be happy if I can get in for free.
2. Pay to 5th place regardless of size. I think the split is 55/25/10/5/2.5(x2). It's better when more people win money.

Just saying this ADHD, Atomsk, and Inui won't be here since they'll be at WHOBO. Everyone should sign up.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
1. Try to get the venue fee down to $5 because it's more friendly to smashers. Regardless, I'll just be happy if I can get in for free.
2. Pay to 5th place regardless of size. I think the split is 55/25/10/5/2.5(x2). It's better when more people win money.
1. Yes I very much agree with that. Do what you can Hero, but I think everyone would GREATLY appreciate a venue fee reduction.

2. No, thats just stupid. It should be based on turnout, not people who can't win wanting their money back.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Awesome!
Also, we can do a livestream here and the venue is gonna be closed down so it'll only be Smash going on in there.

Tell everyone!
NY, PA, other **** in NJ not named Inui!
Don't Try Fatal, he's doing Anime Boston that weekend -_-

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'll be here and I'll bring a Wii.

I'll willing to ya do anything here Heero. Since you have a 10 p.m. time limit ill make sure matches get started on time.

Jtails

Smash Lord
yea this sounds really good, if i can get a ride ill go. and i can bring a wii =D

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I might try to come but if im at anime boston uh...ya... icant go XD
Lol it's alright. I lost a few attendees because of Anime Boston. Next one should be in late June if you and Cris wanna swing on by.
Most likely I'll have Melee at the same venue in Late April/Early May, but I'm not 100% on that yet.

the area mad ghetto LOL
That comment was too ghetto for me to understand.

Top Bottom