• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

videos vs Falco, Puff, Peach, Icies, and Sheik! NOW WITH FOX ALSO

brickman

Smash Lord
Only watched the first money match against yedi. I'll say that I'm certainly a fan of your movement and you are creative in some of your situations (to a point where I laughed a couple of times, though it was still effective play). I thought the falco was a bit sluggish, he didn't move the way a falco should when he has space and time to move around. That being said, when you were given the opportunity for attack you made the most of it. You used tilt juggling very effectively and sparingly while balancing your play with nairs and fairs. I would say that you rolled a bit too much for my taste, but assuming you know what you are doing, rolling can be used effectively to get out of text book falco shield pressure.

My only real word of caution is that you did a turn around needle edgeguard that I thought was questionable. It seems like it would not be very effective against higher level players and could be punished once they've maneuvered appropriately.

With that being said, I would say you have a quality sheik, I think it can use some fine tuning and speeding up, but overall your play is quite solid. Best of luck.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Thanks brickman. Yeah I was purposely rolling because I knew Yedi sucked at punishing rolls so I just kept doing it (except in match 1 where he baited me once to roll to the center from the edge). I'd watch me vs Vanz if you want to get a sense of my Sheik vs a higher level player (no offense Yedi!).

brickman

Smash Lord
I watched game one of your loser finals against vanz. You played by the book, which of course is a good thing. Spacing was good and saved your life without question, you avoided peaches downsmash like the plague successfully and pulled out the win. I'm not sure if I have much criticism, I found the play by both players to be competent and execution was more or less seamless.

In general, I don't feel like the peach match up is sheiks greatest proving grounds. I find that the tempo of the game can be a bit slow as you avoid the constant downsmashes and areals. I think fast falling characters lend themselves much more to a more complex and enjoyable match up for sheik but nonetheless I think you have a clear understanding of how to approach it.

I did enjoy your avoidance of grabs, I think in general that grabs on peach are quite risky and can result in some serious damage with the potential gain not really being all that significant. You did a competent job at applying pressure and dictating the pace of a couple of stocks which was nice to see, often times sheiks are just rag dolls getting their ***** handed to them most of the match.

I think I just dislike watching sheik v peach, but as a criticism this is obviously not worth anything. Good play...now post some fun match ups (fox, marth, falcon, jiggz)

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yo spawn I was watching your IC matches and they were very good. I just started playing sheik and I use fox against Ic, but I was wondering if you could answer some of my questions?

1. How did you escape from the d throw d-air combo so consistently, I thought they were a sure thing when IC grab sheik

2. How frequently do you use d-smash in sheik vs ICies

3. What do you think of Sheik vs Icies matchup, I thought it was like 60-40 in the favour of the icies, but that was a while back

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I think vs high level Ice Climbers it's probably 60-40 but KyuPuff doesn't have much knowledge in the match up. I think he was just messing up with the chaingrabbing. I was trying to wiggle out while smash di'ing the dthrow up and away. It seemed to work but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't lol. I don't like to use dsmash that much vs Icies. It's kind of hard to explain when to use it, like, I'll just have a feeling that it will hit them ore something. I try to use it sparingly that way they'll be surprised when they get dsmashed. I guess the best way to describe it is either 1 when they're both in the middle of you or 2 when you're extremely inside them and you think they're going to react with grab but since your dsmash comes out on frame 5 (2 frames quicker than icies' grab) and is invincible then you can get away with it.

Brickman- I have some Fox friendlies on the account youtube.com/ssbmSpawn. I also have Sheik dittos vs Vanz and there is a Jigglypuff matchup on DL that you should take a look at. :p Oops match 2, 4, 5 I accidentally put the wrong characters in. It should be Jiggs game 2, Sheik dittos game 4 and 5. xD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Alright I updated it a bit. Found the set vs Vanz for Winners. I got ***** so bad in that set. :(

Spife

Smash Master
I thought you could only smash di 1-3 throws (one of them beings jiggs fthrow or something weird like that).

Top Bottom