• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/27-3/28 Gainesville Tournament #5 I.A.A.T.M.! (It's All About The Money!) RESULTS!!

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
First of all, thanks everyone for coming out here. I had an awesome time and Im super glad I got to play/see a bunch of ppl I havent seen in a while.

Sorry it was so hot. I figured that running the AC at 45 and having all the fans on would eventually cool the place down but...yea....

And this tourney was so good, I even had OOS ppl come to this :laugh:

Too Good.

We'll soon upload a bunch of the matches that got saved on all the wiis. If you uploaded some matches, lemme know so i can put the link here

As for the results:

Brawl
Singles
1:RedHalberd :metaknight: :snake:
2:Gdx :diddy:
3:Mampam :diddy: :snake:
4:Kyon :peach:
5:2nLio :toonlink:
5:Ed (the beast!!) :zelda: :shiek:
7:Kbm :olimar:
7:CrazieCuban :pit:
9:Trump :fox:
9:Gallax :snake:
9:Artic :fox:
9:Ryo :ike:
13:Monk :mario:
13:Mr.FTW :kirby: :metaknight:
13:MeowMix :toonlink:
13:<3 :shiek:
17:C.J.
17:Neon Ness :ness:
17:Andy
17:Aglow :popo:
17:DBS :snake:
17:Jssn :pit:
17:paul
17:Crush :ike:
25:LC :mario: :dk:
25:Outlaw :pikachu:
25:B.L.O :ike:

Doubles
1. Halz/Mampam
2. Capem/Fonz
3. GDX/Kyon
4. Gallax/<3
5. Masky/Lio
5. Nope/Warfi

Lemme know if i messed up someones character

Melee
Singles
1st RockCrock :ganondorf: :dk:
2nd Harriettheguy :fox:
3rd Apollo :peach:
4th Ballistics :falco: :marth: :fox:
5th VGmasta :drmario:
5th BlindGhost :falcon:
7th Moses :falcon: :marth:
7th CrazieCuban :jigglypuff:

Doubles
1. Harriettheguy/Apollo
2. RockCrock/Ballistics

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:
First off, to all the Ohio kids that showed up:
Thanks a lot for coming. When I first saw your post saying you were on the way, I figured it was just a bunch of random kids being silly. lol. But yea you guys were all mad chill and I really tried hard into mindgaming you guys to stay the night but i failed at it :laugh:
Definitely look forward to our next encounter and if you guys ever need a place to stay in florida you know who to call :)

Capem, your MK is too good but I got toys to throw :toonlink: Definitely a fun MM and its too bad we only saved the last match. Definitely look forward to playing/chillin again.

Fonz, your ganon... 0_0 ridiculous...and so is your lucario. fun MM and its always fun to play a whole tourney doubles match with team attack off :laugh:

Now for my fellow floridians
RedHalberd Its always a pleasure. Our matches were a lot closer than I thought they would be since you poop on :toonlink: wished we couldve gotten more matches since i have no MK to practice against. Hope you enjoy your charger and Tatsunoko vs Capcom :laugh:

Gdx I didnt get to play you but Im glad you came to this, I got tricks for your diddy next time I see you ;)

Mampam You finally beat me in tournament after a year and a half of playing you. Mad props but dont get too used to it :p

Kyon Your peach...is on crack. I picked up peach recently and I honestly dunno how you make her wavedash and do all those ridiculous things. Youre wayy too good. When I blew up your bomb with the bomb I threw, I was super confused. I honestly thought that the little blue bomb that I threw exploded you out of the stage. lol. Awesome set!

2nLio :toonlink:

Ed (the beast!!) Dude, you always have new tricks! good stuff beasting thru brackets and definitely good stuff on our $0 MMs. They were definitely too fun and I when I upload vids, ill spam the zelda boards with your awesomeness. lol

Trump your fox is getting pretty nasty. definitely had a fun time playing our set.

Gallax c4 footstool c4 footstool c4 footstool c4 footstool upB :p
Thanks a lot for coming and you almost had me in those MMs. Your snakes gotten a billion times better. look forward to more

Ryo That dyick just keeps getting longer....

Monk I finally get to play you after a billion years. Your mario is still ridiculous as always even if you dont play as much. Always a pleasure and look forward to playing you again.

Mr.FTW My baby :snake: vs your baby :diddy: is too good!

<3 Your shiek is ridiculous. I finally got to meet the famous <3 fun MMs

Aglow It was nice meeting you. those ICs are well on the way to being the best. Just keep practicing that chain grab and youll be ready to wreck everyone. Fun games

DBS you shouldve entered melee :mad: lol.

RockCrock Watching you play melee, is too intense. Youre wayy too good. Thx for coming

Harriettheguy "So how much do you love your brother?" ROFL youre ridiculous. We gotta chill more.

BladeofApollo It was a pleasure meeting you. Howd you like my Toon Young Link :laugh:

Ballistics awesome 64 matches. Thanks for bringing that over. It was great meeting you and dont ever forget, 60 year old women should not wear shorts that short 0_0

VGmasta Nice meeting you and dont worry too much about the cup. Less cups to wash.

Moses sexy as always. Fun matches and my falco > your falco :p

CrazieCuban Possibly better than mango and hungrybox combined. That 64/brawl jiggs in melee is too good!

OverLade

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/user/Redhalberd

Videos will be uploaded here.

Shoutouts

1:RedHalberd - jama?
2:Gdx - Fun sets as always. Look forward to seeing you at MLG.
3:Mampam - BROSKIIIII. Double snake on Pirate ship too good. Glad to see you on your A game at crunch time.
4:Kyon - Nice seeing you and great friendlies.
5:2nLio - Thanks for hosting another awesome tournament. Top Toon Link?
5:Ed (the beast!!) - Not bad for someone who was drunk ;) Good stuff bro lol.
7:Kbm - Mabye if we talked more on facebook you woulda placed higher...
7:CrazieCuban - BLACK POWER
9:Trump - Movin on up. Lookin for that top 7 next time?
9:Gallax - Good **** beating us first round in doubles haha. Shenanigans.
9:Artic - Never got to play, but good seeing you.
9:Ryo - Fun games. The DyCK.
13:Monk - THE REAL MONK WAS HERE. The Funkiest Mario in the world.
13:Mr.FTW - lol ***** my snake had to go MK. GGs.
13:MeowMix - Nice seein ya.
13:<3 - fun games, seeya at MLG.
17:C.J. - You got this next time bro.
17:Neon Ness
17:Andy
17:Aglow - Good to see you on your A game. Sad you had to play Kyon first round again.
17:DBS - too black.
17:Jssn
17:paul
17:Crush - Keep workin on that ike.
25:LC - Good seein ya
25:Outlaw
25:B.L.O

Great seeing everyone. Videos will be up by the end of the week likely. A few videos are still on Lios wii (I took the videos off the SD card, but the videos were on the main drive). Lio, Ask my brother to save them so he can take them home this weekend for upload. That includes most of the money matches with Ohio players. :)

Also, thanks so much for coming out Ohio, nice seeing you guys, and hopefully we'll have a run in eventually sometime in the future.

VGmasta

Smash Lord

Lemme know if i messed up someones character

Melee
Singles
1st RockCrock :ganondorf:
3rd BladeofApollo :peach:
4th Ballistics :falco:
5th VGmasta :falcon:
5th BlindGhost
7th Moses :falcon:
Ahh nice results, I actually don't use Captain Falcon yet. I went all Dr. Mario. BlindGhost was the Falcon player.

1st RockCrock :ganondorf: :dk2:
3rd Apollo :peach:
4th Ballistics :falco: :marth: :fox:
5th VGmasta :drmario:
5th BlindGhost :falcon:
7th Moses :falcon: :marth:

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Nice job Lio!

It was nice to meet you too, and your Toon Link was everything I dreamed it to be and more. Just toooo good.

::EDIT:: For future reference, it's just Apollo. "bladeof" was necessary for the smashboards account.

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Btw, Im still debating whether I should have another tournament next month or not. The reason why Im thinking of not having one is cuz of how hot it got with this last one. If the heat wasnt that much of a problem for you guys, then Im definitely down to have another tournament next month but you guys gotta let me know what you think.

Yes or No?

Mampam

Smash Ace
JUST ANOTHER TOURNEY WHERE I GET TO SAY I SD'd xD
it was my fault though, i shouldnt have attempted a spike when i was winning by like 120%

good **** Ed, vs GDX

but hey, i didnt let it bother me this time, i stayed on my A game in losers and got third......... and yay lio, i FINALLY beat u, its always fun though XD

doubles was too good, "where from Ohio" W-T-F? CANT WAIT to see the vids

Renth

Smash Hero
I'll try to be there next time, it was fun to watch on the live stream on at the very least.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Yeah, definitely looking forward to another one next month. There's not much we can do about heat living in Florida this time of year, so yeah... Plus it cooled off nicely after dark. I didn't think it was that bad personally.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Haha this tourney was sweet I enjoyed playing in doubles wish we could have stayed for singles. Ally we were in Daytona beach on spring break hookin up with the ladies and drinking then decided to top off the week with a little smash hahaha. Smashfield The #1 Partying Smash Crew!! You haven't had a party unless it was a smashfield party!!

Everyone here should come to the SHOWDOWN!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261409

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Alright so that settles it. Since everyone is gonna be a man and take the heat ill see what I can do about next month. Considering theres gonna MLG, I might have it at the end of the month again. I'll keep everyone posted.

And a heres a sneak peak at the tournaments name:

C.A.G.P.G. (Come And Get
Pivot Grabbed
)

PB&J

Smash Hero
rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooocccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkcroooooooooooooooooccccccccccckkkkkkkk...good stuff

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Gotta show some love for the florida guys, you were all cool as hell.

I have to agree with Fonz tho...we are the #1 partying smash crew

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Gotta show some love for the florida guys, you were all cool as hell.

I have to agree with Fonz tho...we are the #1 partying smash crew

ROFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

LIES!!!!

Come 2 Tally and U will learn the meaning of REAL PARTYING!!!

TRUST ME!!!

1.) I DJ
2.) We always have liq
3.) Drunk Women 4 everyone

O and there is a LOT more...

Fluxx'ed Up Parties WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY 2 much

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Gainesville is crazy party town but in my opinion, tally is better. So imma have to agree with awal on this one

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Actually, Gainesville is crazy party town but in my opinion, tally is better. So imma have to agree with awal on this one
O we comin 2 DJ in Gville on the 16th.

U guys having a smashfest on the 15th or 16th during the day?

Top Bottom