• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super DSO (aka DSO11) - Saturday April 10th! - Philadelphia, PA!

Should this use the MLG ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
it is, which im working on (though tbh im also quite busy with plenty of other things as well)

but the #1 way to build hype for a tourney is word of mouth. if everyone tells two other ppl about it and they each tell 2 ppl about it, you spread more word about it than the TO could ever do on his/her own.

I'm going to work on some promo stuff for it on my long boring 24 hour car drive coming up.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm pretty lazy when it comes to Out of state stuff

None of PA ever comes to MD anyways, Chibo came to westminster where i live to play a brawl+ tournament where he brought the attendance virtually, and thats it, i've been to new jersey twice at least X_X

I might come

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Just a couple of question before I decide if I'm going or not.

If you use the MLG ruleset will you ban Wireless controllers also?

Will you use the same stage list?

Will you use the same neutrals?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

Theres currently a poll for this thread regarding the stage list, I'm currently undecided on the stage list. Wireless controls won't be banned as fair as I can tell, why would they be.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Theres currently a poll for this thread regarding the stage list, I'm currently undecided on the stage list. Wireless controls won't be banned as fair as I can tell, why would they be.
If he's using mLG ruleset and MLG rules has wireless controllers banned.....

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Please don't use MLG rules. We all know how broken the dumb CP stages are. The Neutral stages strike would be interesting even though it sucks for diddy to be on a CP stage first game.

There would be only a handful of people that are actually going to MLG that will go to this tournament as well.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
yd, you probably won't show up anyways. =P

This. Two hundred million times this. Brawl - is so good, but I have to find a main to use. Everyone is just too cool. Any game where Captain Falcon is viable is assured of epicness.
B- would be nice on the side. Zelda- too good, although I haven't played her since they nerfed her.

Anyways, I spread the word about this as much as I could, but this thread def needs more hype.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
yd, you probably won't show up anyways. =P

B- would be nice on the side. Zelda- too good, although I haven't played her since they nerfed her.

Anyways, I spread the word about this as much as I could, but this thread def needs more hype.
Why are they nerfing what's supposed to be a broken mess? Just make everyone godlike...

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I'm probably gonna show up to this since i convinced some kids at school to come.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Why are they nerfing what's supposed to be a broken mess? Just make everyone godlike...
Yeah, but she was beyond broken, hehe. To the point where if I just spammed Din's Fire and smash moves, it wasn't even fun anymore. (Okay, it was kinda fun..... for me. =D)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
That game shouldn't be taken seriously, so there should never be the issue of not having fun with it lol. Just make everyone broken :D

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Then I guess the real problem was...... everyone else wasn't broken enough. :lick:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm pretty lazy when it comes to Out of state stuff

None of PA ever comes to MD anyways, Chibo came to westminster where i live to play a brawl+ tournament where he brought the attendance virtually, and thats it, i've been to new jersey twice at least X_X

I might come
I really want to go to mdva a lot more, PA has lost a lot of it's drivers though. howeverrrr, now that I'm finally back in classes with a lot more time (and i dont work or have class on fridays yay), I can start traveling more. I have to learn more about the PA <> MD bus stuff so I can take a bus there more now.

If I do MLG rules everything will be the same except wireless controllers. They will be allowed regardless. Though if you are a wireless user that plans on going to an MLG, it might be smart to practice a cube controller a bit. but yea, your more than welcome to get your classic nunchuk on.

Juice representation might be kinda low at this.
come onnnnnnnn

ppl have been raving for a Philly tourney and here it is! lol
you guys gotta get ur juice tour on. it hasnt had a stop in PA yet.

I'm probably gonna show up to this since i convinced some kids at school to come.
sweetness

---

im not sure on brawl- stuff yet. I'll decide the day of.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you're basing your opinion off those matches we had that one day....... I hadn't even realized half the **** she could do, lol. She has more ghost hitboxes than I knew about and way more combos.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
There's so much hitstun, it's impossible for it not to have combos. XD

At least in the version I played, but that was an early-ish beta. Dunno if they toned it down, but the hitstun was crazy.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I can't wait to see Yes's 5,000th post.

This thread is kinda lacking. I'm still coming as long as our rides are still going. If not, I MAY SEPTA down here just because I need a tourney to go to.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i really want to go to this, but i need a ride. i live near Allentown and ill pay at least $30 for a ride. Pm me if its possible and ill give you my address and stuff. I REALLY WANT TO GO :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom