• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik doesn't have to have a SS redesign because she fit in just fine with twilight princess Zelda, she can with SS Zelda.

:phone:
If you've played Skyward Sword you know that that doesn't make any sence at all.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Personally I don't think that they should use the SS design. I can't exactly say why though, I just feel they shouldn't use that particular design for Zelda.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
If you've played Skyward Sword you know that that doesn't make any sence at all.
It does? I played Skyward Sword. And I played Ocarina of time 3D. And I see no reason that after the characters get redone with whatever look all the characters in the next smash have, sheik doesn't fit in with SS zelda.

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Alternate costumes for Zelda characters!!!

Skyward Sword characters
Link = Wing Ceremony outfit (based on Skyward Sword)
Zelda = Ocarina of Time 3D
Impa = Ocarina of Time 3D

Wind Waker HD characters
Toon Link = Royal Engineer outfit (based on Spirit Tracks)
Toon Zelda = Young Zelda outfit (based on Ocarina of Time 3D)
Tetra = Toon Sheik outfit :troll:
Ganondorf = Ocarina of Time 3D

Zelda stages!!!

Spirit Train - Spirit Tracks (done in HD like The Wind Waker HD)
Pirate Ship - The Wind Waker HD (past stage, redone in HD)

I am not sure what expect from Ocarina of Time 3D and Skyward Sword.

Personally I don't think that they should use the SS design. I can't exactly say why though, I just feel they shouldn't use that particular design for Zelda.
Skyward Sword will still be the last NEW Zelda game before Smash Bros 4 comes out, and it was a big game. It will rep most of the Zelda roster like Twilight Princess did in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the SS Zelda just does not fit as a playable character. She lacks the vibe that OoT Zelda and TP Zelda give, and I think it may have to do with being a happy cheery schoolgirl in comparison to their seriousness.

That, and she was utterly pathetic that needed someone as equally pathetic as Impa to be a bodyguard. :troll:
In a vein, SS Zelda and SS Impa really do make sense together. They are both simply pathetic. :awesome:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Skyward Sword will still be the last NEW Zelda game before Smash Bros 4 comes out, and it was a big game. It will rep most of the Zelda roster like Twilight Princess did in Brawl.
Yeah, I know, 'relevancy', or whatever word you're using today, but at the same time, SS Zelda just doesn't seem suited to combat.

Yeah, I know, 'relevancy', or whatever word you're using today, but at the same time, SS Zelda just doesn't seem suited to combat.
1. Being relevant is important

2. Skyward Sword Zelda & Impa (Impa replaces Sheik for the main costume)

SS Zelda could handle herself if she takes a few of old Zelda's moves and you toss in the loftwing and harp.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I don't. It's the only recent actual Zelda that is a new story, and uses a whole new direction. Also, first on the timeline and it's the 25th Zelda anniversay game. Why shouldn't the characters be based on it?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well I don't. It's the only recent actual Zelda that is a new story, and uses a whole new direction. Also, first on the timeline and it's the 25th Zelda anniversay game. Why shouldn't the characters be based on it?
It's just Zelda. Her design seems (for lack of a better word) very childish and sweet, not someone you'd expect to be fighting.

Of course, they probably will use the SS design. Or maybe they'll SS-ify her older design. That'd actually be pretty kickass.

I wasn't talking about moves. It's the look of the character. OoT and TP zelda I can see kicking *** and taking names. SS Zelda looks more gentle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGSiTXyBzk&t=0m6s
During the later parts she toughened up a little bit. Especially after being taught by Impa and getting out of her slumber.

Also you are judging by looks when we have characters like Ness, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, etc.

"Don't judge a book by its cover"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's just Zelda. Her design seems (for lack of a better word) very childish and sweet, not someone you'd expect to be fighting.

Of course, they probably will use the SS design. Or maybe they'll SS-ify her older design. That'd actually be pretty kickass.
Just because they're "childish and sweet" doesn't mean they can't kick ***. And need I remind you of the chewing out she would give to Groose?

And OoT Zelda wasn't serious. She is considerably generic by today's standards.

D

Deleted member

How do you judge a stick figure with no facial features whatsoever?
Then again, there were stick figures with faces that made a sport in beating each other in the head with mallets.
....yeah, that's pretty barbaric....

EDIT: As for Lucas, he's a wuss. But he does eventually grow a pair, so....
Ness is also sort on the psychotic side if you understand some of the context :troll:. Same with Ice Climbers, who screw each other over in their home game just to reach the top first.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Just because they're "childish and sweet" doesn't mean they can't kick ***. And need I remind you of the chewing out she would give to Groose?
Meh, I guess. And no, I don't remember. Haven't played in almost a year.

And OoT Zelda wasn't serious. She is considerably generic by today's standards.
When did I mention seriousness? And what would that have to do with her being generic or not?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Shin
My mistake, must have associated another post with yours. Still, there are times in the early parts of the game that it looks like she's wearing the pants between her and Link.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't mean she'd be any help in a fight. :troll: There's a difference between being dominating and being violent, you know.

D

Deleted member

Don't need to tell me twice; I just posted a vid about Peach in relation to that.

How do you judge a stick figure with no facial features whatsoever?
Then again, there were stick figures with faces that made a sport in beating each other in the head with mallets.
....yeah, that's pretty barbaric....

EDIT: As for Lucas, he's a wuss. But he does eventually grow a pair, so....
Ness is also sort on the psychotic side if you understand some of the context :troll:. Same with Ice Climbers, who screw each other over in their home game just to reach the top first.
I meant by looks, not fighting style. He said SS Zelda looked gentle, and I replied with other characters that can be taken as the same thing.

Doesn't mean she can't handle herself.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Do you guys think impa is likely? Or are you just hopeful for her? Because I don't really see impa in a smash game happening.

I mean sheik was outdated in brawl, but they didn't get rid of her. In fact now she's more relavent because of Ocarina of Time 3D
Impa may not be likely. No one can say for sure, but her inclusion would definitely make a whole ton of sense. She's more relevant to the LoZ franchise, as a whole, than Sheik is.

Ghirahim played a major role in Skyward Sword, the definitive Wii Zelda and the latest console one.

If you are going to rep Skyward Sword without him, you are not really repping Skyward Sword that well.
I guess TP wasn't repped well in Brawl because Zant wasn't in it, despite TP being the "definitive Wii Zelda and the latest console one" at the time. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

Unlike the OoT and TP Zeldas, she doesn't really hold her own in anything.
She needs Impa, Link, and even Groose to protect her, and they couldn't even do THAT right. :awesome:

Even WW Zelda gave Ganondorf a bit of trouble.

D

Deleted member

And in OoT's case, be a ninja, and in TP's case, use a sword.

And in OoT's case, be a ninja, and in TP's case, use a sword.
And in SS's case, the harp, loftwing, and Impa :awesome:

Unlike the OoT and TP Zeldas, she doesn't really hold her own in anything.
She needs Impa, Link, and even Groose to protect her, and they couldn't even do THAT right. :awesome:

Even WW Zelda gave Ganondorf a bit of trouble.
Riding loftwings? And the harp? XD

Also, LOL

I guess TP wasn't repped well in Brawl because Zant wasn't in it, despite TP being the "definitive Wii Zelda and the latest console one" at the time. :smirk:
Because Ganondorf was in Twilight Princess, but he is not in Skyward Sword.

Zant could have been in but he missed his spot. Will Ghirahim end up like him? Maybe yes and maybe no. But one thing is sure, Ghirahim is the more popular character. XD

D

Deleted member

None of which constitute holding her own.
So she can play an instrument. Big whoop. Here, while someone is going to punch me, I'll play the song of my people! That'll work against them!
Ride a bird? Unless the bird is going to be fighting, this does nothing for her. And even then, the bird would be holding its own, not Zelda.
And having a pathetic bodyguard fight for you is as far as "holding your own" as you can get.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Ohhh, wait a sec. DragonSniper makes a point. In SS, Zelda was part of the Loftwings Knights Acadamy or whatever it was called. Also, we don't even know if TP Zelda could wield a sword. We just saw her hold (and drop) one in a specific scene, but for all we know, it may have been an extreme act of desperation. She may only be able to shoot arrows. :p

D

Deleted member

It's also in her artwork and during the boss fight when Ganondorf controls her.
And if that constitutes a "but we don't REALLY know she can use it then :troll:", then likewise, we don't know if Palutena is capable of anything she does when under the influence of the Chaos Kin while on her own.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's pretty safe to assume that Palutena does a lot of her attacks by herself since she is capable of powerful magic (like the Glam Blaster), it's just that the Chaos Kin was using her as a puppet and exploiting her powers. The only attack that Palutena didn't do is the toxic smog attack, which is actually done by the Chaos Kin himself.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Actually, I think the game could be out by next year. Remember, Nintendo's policy has been to show the game when they're ready, mostly to prevent hype burnout from Brawl and Twilight Princess. I wouldn't be surprised if the game will playable at E3, but they just chose not to say it just to play it safe.
Perhaps, but this time, Nintendo has specifically stated that this E3 is just to showcase a couple things they have, suggesting that they're nowhere close to done. Iwata said, "It is a huge development undertaking and we need more time before it launches." Sakurai said, "We set the timing to review the first game screenings of the new Smash Brothers at this year's E3. Game development is on track. I'd like to ask you to wait just a little longer." He's been saying to "wait a little longer" for a while now, and I bet he will continue to say it for a while yet, if Brawl has taught us anything.

Besides, this wouldn't be the first time a game has been 'screened' at E3 only for its development to finish years later and for its design and gameplay to be changed drastically from what was screened. Also, this year's screening of Smash 4 isn't even definite. Sakurai only said that development is "on track". LoZ: SS's first E3 screening was supposed to take place on 2009 but it wasn't until 2010 when vids of it were first released.

Edit: This last post made me realize: Are we even sure that LoZ: WW HD will even be released before Smash 4? Was a release date announced? If Smash 4 ends up being released before it, it would actually make more sense for SS chars, like Impa, to be put in over WW chars.

But the difference is we won't have the villain Link and Zelda were against for majority of the game. You could rep without Ghirahim but I don't see it as a good representation, since you are missing a villain for them. Especially to toss in another side character in Impa (who does deserve it but she should be the new Sheik).

Link, Zelda/Impa, and Ghirahim looks like the perfect SS rep to me.
Again, what about Zant? TP Ganon is in the same exact spot as SS' Demise, yet who got repped in Brawl?

Again, what about Zant? TP Ganon is in the same exact spot as SS' Demise, yet who got repped in Brawl?
Ganondorf was already in Smash Bros

Zant could have been in but wasn't (where Ghirahim is now but I see things playing a little bit different this time becuase of popularity and no Ganon)

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Young Link fans but I don't think Toon Link's going anywhere with the WW HD remake....

That's irrelevant. They altered the Ganon's design to TP Ganon, changing relevant moves and such, when they could have easily removed and replaced him. It just goes to show what types of choices Sakurai likes to make when faced with such decisions.
Because it is Ganon and Twilight Princess was the major factor in the SSBB Zelda roster.

There is no Ganon is Skyward Sword and that game will be a major factor in the SSB4 Zelda roster (alongside Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Ocarina fo Time 3D).

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
how do u figure Twilight Princess was such a heavy influence on the Zelda Roster? the way i see it, all TP did was give us an updated design of the characters who were already Melee. it gave us the exact same characters from the previous game with updated looks and moves.

how do u figure Twilight Princess was such a heavy influence on the Zelda Roster? the way i see it, all TP did was give us an updated design of the characters who were already Melee. it gave us the exact same characters from the previous game with updated looks and moves.
And that was the reason, it affected the looks and movesets of the characters (all expect Toon Link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom