• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth's utilt wrote a psalm on it's messages from Ne*tral A*r.

It was quite amazing.

Something like:

DB1 -> Utilt -> Nair = Sex.

Dedede only wins because of the chain grab.
It's a match up skews heavily towards D3 if both players are around even in skill, but is definitely winnable by any Marth who's a better player.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
XDD

<3 Nair~

I need to use tilts moar. It's hard to remember to tilt the control stick and not smash it or flick it in the midst of an exciting battle. XD Or, you know, when the controls don't respond for, like, ten seconds... >.> *kicks WiFi*

I've been using CPUs to practice spiking lately, though! And some grabbing stuff, though that's harder... >.> Ever notice that higher level CPUs do next to nothing but roll? D:

EDIT: BTW, it's been bugging me lately. What exactly is "buffering"? O.o

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
...they do? O.o But I don't really roll that much... Does it pick stuff up from other players over wifi, perhaps? A friend of mine I sometimes play with rolls TONS. XD

Roxas M

Smash Master
Marth mains:
MikeHAZE
Bardull
JameZ
KramCakeZ

All of these Marth's are capable of beating ranked players.

Marth secondaries:
Havok
BoA
(Tyrant)
(DSF)

These players also have Marth's that have done well with Marth or could do well with Marth in tournament. I know Havok is using Marth a lot more now. I don't count myself even though I'd still say I secondary Marth because I'm CenCal.

There's also a bunch of Marth's that are not recognized to be good Marths, but still play Marth in tournament. Marth is actually pretty common in SoCal.

And no johns about distance. I drove 2 hours to SoCal every week. WarpStatus 4 hours EACH WAY. The only practice we got was at tournaments and maybe the night before when Warp would come to my place. No one good lives in our respective areas. We got good through determination. Parent johns are really the only legit ones (we're both in college).

DannyKat is Vegas and his skill level is all over the place. Sometimes he's ****** and sometimes he's playing worse than a sack of ****. Last time I saw him at SiN he wasn't even playing Marth he was using Snake and Falco more.
i don't have a parent john, i have a transportation john. i'm still learning how to drive so i can't take myself and my parents don't have a car. and i don't know anyone i can carpool with to get to a tournament .so i'm stuck.

∫unk

Smash Master
i don't have a parent john, i have a transportation john. i'm still learning how to drive so i can't take myself and my parents don't have a car. and i don't know anyone i can carpool with to get to a tournament .so i'm stuck.
You're in socal and you have no one that can take you? >___>

There's always public transportation if your parents are okay with that.

It's okay I can count on one hand the number of people that are good around your age anyway, probably because most of them can't get to tournament.

Roxas M

Smash Master
You're in socal and you have no one that can take you? >___>

There's always public transportation if your parents are okay with that.

It's okay I can count on one hand the number of people that are good around your age anyway, probably because most of them can't get to tournament.
i'm on the edge of socal. in a desert city called barstow. no one plays brawl in that WHOLE CITY! and public transport won't go that far. i'm alone.... btw, how are you doing junk?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I'll bring a new topic to discuss, related to "fair is still marths best move despite shayas foolish words: Marth General Discussion".

Define what "best" is, or means.

I wanna see your guys definitions XD.

Go!!!

Marth has a name. It starts with "M".

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll easy place in socal tournaments before genesis.

The only good people there are people who aren't used to nair spam.

PATHETIC.

Plus I got a haircut, my only weakness... long hair to my chin falling in front of my eyes is GONE.

IVE ASCENDED TO A NEW LEVEL OF SUPER HAIRAJIN.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
O shi-

Shaya's Marth/DeDeDe combo, one day mine will be like. Mark my words.

I remember when ZMT was my sensei, then he drifted slightly from Brawl, and now I'm on my own with someone of his and Steel's critiques.

∫unk

Smash Master
wtf shaya isn't the best marth/dedede combo

and ofc shaya will place but... where is he thinking? top 33? top 17? top 9? top 5? top 3? first?

and im not counting myself im the other way around

and fear i talked to mr sui about his falco and marth nothing about penguin

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
wtf shaya isn't the best marth/dedede combo

and ofc shaya will place but... where is he thinking? top 33? top 17? top 9? top 5? top 3? first?

and im not counting myself im the other way around

and fear i talked to mr sui about his falco and marth nothing about penguin
There ain't many Marth/Dedede placers in recent months...
The last Marth/D3 only combo to place first other than myself was back in January :)

Oh, definitely first.

MikeHaze, Neo and I + Pierce will split the pot and we'll all get top 3 top 4. We'll decide the order by having a 3 way 4 way free for all grand finals match with items on high... on Big Blue.

Top Bottom