• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A GENERIC TOURNAMENT 9000+: Melee, Brawl+, Jan 3rd, MAJOR UPDATE

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
You have to give it time. Not a lot of people really care about brawl+ at the moment and theres not even a set code list. I think after its given some time even more people will realize its better then regular brawl. It'll be slow but the turn out is gonna get bigger.

Cant wait for the vids :) too bad shield stun came out just after the tourny.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts!

Iggy- Lots of GGs and thanks for teaching me the best AT in melee...SLOW RUNNING
Prime- thanks for hosting, lots o' ggs, and Ikaruga was ballin'
Joshu- Get less sick and find a better teams partner
BloodHawk- always good seeing you, but we still need to CF ditto in melee
AC- pff chh, second place...scrub
BigC- Your up tilts are beyond the grace of God

Really fun tourney. Wish there could have been a bigger turnout, but it was cool hangin' with everybody. Brawl+ has convinced me to hack my Wii and give Brawl another chance. Here's hoping more people are willing to accept Brawl+

KishSquared

Smash Master
You have to give it time. Not a lot of people really care about brawl+ at the moment and theres not even a set code list. I think after its given some time even more people will realize its better then regular brawl. It'll be slow but the turn out is gonna get bigger.
The problem at this point is that 0 people came for Brawl+ :) I'm sounding more pessimistic than I mean to, but I'm just commenting on the fact that no one that's specifically interest in Brawl+ made an effort to come out :( This was mostly a Melee tournament. But eh, who knows, maybe the vids will excite some people.

Fear, it was awesome hanging out with you all, and I'm glad you guys stuck around for some Brawl+ action. Hopefully we can do this kind of thing whenever I'm in town again.

kupo15

Smash Hero
The problem at this point is that 0 people came for Brawl+ :) I'm sounding more pessimistic than I mean to, but I'm just commenting on the fact that no one that's specifically interest in Brawl+ made an effort to come out :( This was mostly a Melee tournament. But eh, who knows, maybe the vids will excite some people.

Fear, it was awesome hanging out with you all, and I'm glad you guys stuck around for some Brawl+ action. Hopefully we can do this kind of thing whenever I'm in town again.
Thats good that people enjoyed it. Maybe no one came out for it because melee was next to it lol!

I think that people might come out for brawl+ if it was hosted with a brawl tourney instead of a melee one. Can't wait for the vids

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
@ Kish- Did you see any big combos with brawl + and how do you feel about the hitstun level you used?

kirkq

Smash Ace
Correction: Brawl+ Singles I lost to BloodHawk in the 3rd place finals.

Johns:
Hit stun doesn't let you get out of combos with air dodges. Metaknight got huge buffs from this. Auto L cancelling helped to make some characters with laggy aerials a bit better. One of the codes nerfs ROBs throws so that they can't kill even at high percentages. Shield stun really needs to be implement if you want to change the pace of the game. Sitting in your shield is still too good. Almost everything can get shield grabbed due to how slowly you fall through the air. It was pretty much playing the same defensive/campy game with slightly modified physics. I don't think the codes really addressed the problems yet. With shield drop lag and other things implemented it may get better.

On a side note auto-open assist trophies and poke balls with random characters and 30 stamina is ****ing awesome. This code should be mandatory on all Brawl+ setups.

MuBa

Smash Lord

Johns:
Hit stun doesn't let you get out of combos with air dodges. Metaknight got huge buffs from this. Auto L cancelling helped to make some characters with laggy aerials a bit better. One of the codes nerfs ROBs throws so that they can't kill even at high percentages. Shield stun really needs to be implement if you want to change the pace of the game. Sitting in your shield is still too good. Almost everything can get shield grabbed due to how slowly you fall through the air. It was pretty much playing the same defensive/campy game with slightly modified physics. I don't think the codes really addressed the problems yet. With shield drop lag and other things implemented it may get better.

On a side note auto-open assist trophies and poke balls with random characters and 30 stamina is ****ing awesome. This code should be mandatory on all Brawl+ setups.
We've just recently got the shield stun code and other stuff. What you just played was the Beta version of Brawl+. Just wait for the final product :)

kupo15

Smash Hero

Johns:

Thanks for you input. Too bad the shield stun code came out the day after your tourney :(

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I actually don't think that shield stun is the deal breaker. I think it is more about shield raise/drop time. That's the real issue here. See, you don't actually have to block an attack to reap the benefits of the instant shield. It is a massive deterrent, and narrows the window in which you can take advantage of attack lag. Shield stun should make the drop time go up, but the fact that the shield goes up/comes down in 1 frame is a huge reason why shielding is so good.

I don't think anyone had a huge problem with the hitstun. Smash DI is nearly essential to getting out of many combos, which is a great thing.

Do either or you guys know why ROBs throw got worse?

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I have no idea. His throw seems like it should be better. With hitstun everything kills better because you cant slow your momentum with attacks as much. Atleast, it seems that way to me.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Indeed, that's what it seems like, but it was not acting in the same way at all. My best guess is it has something to do with the stale moves modifier code not interacting properly with throws.

KishSquared

Smash Master
We'd need to remove one code at a time until his throws returned to normal to figure out which one is acting up :/

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm finally starting to feel better, though still a bit...ugh... (I lost 9 pounds!)

I really wish I coulda played Brawl+, my ZSS samus was doin some wacky stuff the one and only match I played. And thanks for splittin first on my account, I feel really bad about it since I bet you guys wanted to play but you have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Also, it is true, aggressive pokemon is the best code ever.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I think it's safe to assume the problem was that he didn't have ENOUGH Taco Bell.
That could be it too, lol. Basically, the jist of everything was that I had Taco Bell around 1am that same day and I wanted to go to BK instead, but he told me (Joshu) that I can never have too much Taco Bell. I just found it quite ironic.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I actually don't think that shield stun is the deal breaker. I think it is more about shield raise/drop time. That's the real issue here. See, you don't actually have to block an attack to reap the benefits of the instant shield. It is a massive deterrent, and narrows the window in which you can take advantage of attack lag. Shield stun should make the drop time go up, but the fact that the shield goes up/comes down in 1 frame is a huge reason why shielding is so good.

I don't think anyone had a huge problem with the hitstun. Smash DI is nearly essential to getting out of many combos, which is a great thing.

Do either or you guys know why ROBs throw got worse?
i checked the ROB forums. it says his dthrow has a set amount of knockback. i think you guys are mistaken.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
We're not talking about his downthrow, its his other 3 that get worse.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Well, some bad news on the vids. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but the DVDs appear to have nothing on them when exploring them on my comptar. I also tried playing it in a DVD player and got nothing. They DEFINITELY recorded, though, so I'm hoping that they just need to be put back in the DVD recorded and sealed or something.

Anyway, this obviously means a delay on the vids, and I apologize to those who have been waiting. Prime and I are gonna work to figure out how to make this work.

KishSquared

Smash Master
VIDS UPDATE! (For anyone that's still waiting... lol)

Good news is that the vids are fine, they're just inaccessible because we need to "close out" the DVDs. The bad news is that this won't happen until I return to Indiana on the 20th of February. I should have no problem uploading them the following week.

So yeah... one more month of waiting. Sorry!!

Revven

FrankerZ
VIDS UPDATE! (For anyone that's still waiting... lol)

Good news is that the vids are fine, they're just inaccessible because we need to "close out" the DVDs. The bad news is that this won't happen until I return to Indiana on the 20th of February. I should have no problem uploading them the following week.

So yeah... one more month of waiting. Sorry!!
By now, they're so outdated it's probably not even worth it but, oh well. :dizzy:

Top Bottom