• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Character Stereotypes?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Fox players tend to be mostly about winning or improving, and usually play other characters pretty well. They're usually pretty level headed, and while they love winning, they're usually in it to improve. They're also usually technical.

Kirby players usually are Asian, often are female, and it isn't uncommon that they'll be short and into anime or manga. Ironically I play Kirby, and am white, male, tall, and I'm not that into anime or manga! XD.

Donkey Kong players physically are usually the opposite of Donkey Kong-small and skinny. Other than that, they're usually chill. :cool:

Pikachu tend not to be single, something ~automatic pointed out..uhh...sorta!

Lucario mains tend to be very dedicated to Lucario, very into winning, and love, love, love a good match! However on SmashBoards a bunch of them tend to be furries or lolicons.

Ganondorf players usually know the basic premise pretty well and have the general gameplay down like it's nobody's business. They're also in it for the lulz... >_>

Wario mains tend to love a good time, usually are quiet when they're losing, hyping a close match, or gloating about winning (well-against a good opponent at least). They also tend to be somewhat older, and usually more mature despite a few inconsistencies.

Meta Knight players are usually in it to win it, or are trying to know their ground. They also are very focused. Other than that, they're all over the place.

Sheik players tend to scare me-unless they play a lot of other players. But if they main Sheik, they're either serious yet kind (they are often very helpful if they are like this), or scarily serious.

Game & Watch players usually are the most laid back, awesome, fun-filled, usually are a bit older than the majority of smashers, have great musical tastes, and are flat out some of the coolest dudes in the world! For some reason though, not many of them tend to be Asian. Overall Game & Watch players are top tier in my book! :cool:

there are a freaking **** load of black falco players.
I swear, every black person I know plays Falco. Then again, almost everyone I know likes to play Falco! Maybe it's the Brooklyn accent... >_>

Most Snake players are minorities. As in, not white. lol
For the most part I think you may be right. And if they're white they're usually really German. :laugh:

What is the personality of most Snake players? Are most of them calm and concentrated like Ally?

And what are Zero Suit Samus players like?
Snake players are pretty observant for the most part, and are usually calm and collect. However, there are a few...you know >>> :psycho: <<<

Peach players are often female, can be very feminine, and often are fairly energetic, rowdy, and usually emotional when it comes to winning and losing serious matches! (especially against foes!)

Zamus mains/players who are serious (and not the casual players who double as perverts! XD) are usually pretty technical from what I know, and incredibly talented. Well, that's assuming we aren't including perverts!

Samus mains are known to be quite clever. I am probably the only exception to this rule.
Samus mains make an uninspired character (IMHO) inspiring, and pretty incredible to watch/face/team up with. I always love games with Samus in them.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Whoops, I need to check here more often.

Peach players are often female, can be very feminine, and often are fairly energetic, rowdy, and usually emotional when it comes to winning and losing serious matches! (especially against foes!)
There IS the exception of a straight Peach that isn't feminine from time to time (one of the latest Peach players to appear in our Social Discussion thread is all about the ladies, lmao~)

And I would like to add to the fact that we're probably emotional because about 75% of us are spoiled by family members.
:laugh:

Limeee

Smash Champion
Yoshi mains eat a lot and are skinny white kids. :D

Even though a few are rugged and slightly bigger, but that's only because it's Bwett.

:yoshi:
the yoshi main in alberta (firefly) is exactly like that ^_^

White men can't play falco.
Metaknight players are gold diggers.
Wario players are usually big, funny guys.

But with snake, i can't think of a stereotype

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Ike mains imo are somewhat quiet and have alot to say but are not the type to speak out loud without purpose that or they are tall, rugged, or just skinny/scrawny.

highfive

Smash Lord
Wolf mains: Tendencies to overwork. Least as I see it.

Ness: That guy who can never has awkward social situations but has them anyway just to see what there like.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Mario Main = Intermediates

Peach/ZSS/Zelda = females or homos

Falco/Fox - Naygers such as myself =P

Captain Falcon = Pro's/ Speedrun

Sonic Main = noobs

Snake Main = prodigy

Metaknight = spammers/cheap

Marth = Naturals/Techniques

Browny

Smash Hater
perfectly honest from what ive observed since early 08. These stereotypes have stuck with me forever and quite likely times have changed, but lets go on anyway...

[haters]

Falcon: very optimistic players, seem permanently ignorant of how bad their character is lol
diddy: secretive people, commonly mistake their own skill for how broken good diddy is :p
fox: unable to accept defeat, especially in MU discussions
G&W: young kids
jiggs: trolls, the good kind though
lucario: have a psychological disorder of some kind
mario: pointless to argue against, the bad type of optimism compared to falcon players
marth: highly skilled in conjecture and ignoring evidence, attempts at humour are pitiful
peach: drama queens, pun intended :p also, overly feminine lol
pikachu: spammers and SWF's best meatriders
PT: spend too much time talking about pokemon and expect others to make PT viable by themselves
sheik: are top tier in super theorycraft bros, but low tier when it comes to actually playing the game.
sonic: hold on to unfunny meme's for far too long
zss: believe only what they want to be true

[/gonna hate]

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
- Ganon mains can either be really cool or annoying as ****.
Johnknight1;10232212

Ganondorf players usually know the basic premise pretty well and have the general gameplay down like it's nobody's business. They're also in it for the lulz... >_>
[/QUOTE]

These two about sum up Ganon players. I believe most serious Ganon mains are quite clever :chuckle:. We know that Ganon is the most fun character and winning with him is just epicness haha. There are people who can be pretty hard-headed and argue about how Ganon is either good or bad- and those arguements go nowhere :dizzy:

But most of all, Ganon's do love the lulz

Edit: .....And I cannot multiquote haha

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Peach/ZSS/Zelda = females or homos
Lol no.
Peach = Homos, yes. Females? Maybe like 5% of them. That's not much. Any female Peach is also to be avoided as most of them practically "PMS" all the time.

ZSS = Females? Possibly. But I've mostly seen guys goin' for teh boobies.

Zelda = Yeah, lots of females and a guy here and there. Most of them seem to be looking for someone that is "understanding".

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I play random almost all the time in brawl. I feel so weird when people ask me who do I main -_-
Just tell those haters you main random dood they're minds will asplode so big you'll need a oversized poncho.

:wolf:

Dekar173

Justice Man
Fox
showoff, legit, relaxed, oblivious, think they're elite, love being technical, take the game really really seriously,

Marth
cognitive, love to torture, "Marth players are players who hate brawl with a passion because edgeguarding is the most fun part about melee to them" calm, patient, perceptive, libra,

Sheik
Jerks, just in it to win, selfish,

Falco
cocky, showoff, relaxed, oblivious, complain about his weakness, douche bag, black,

Peach
"either gay, effeminate, metro sexual, or a big fat white guy" irrational, easily angered, overly emotional, ridiculously skinny, smile a lot, "peach players ALL (including me) all hate each other and are very unwilling to learn from one another. they all have big heads and think they know better than everyone how to play peach." hate each others' accomplishments

Jigglypuff
Don't know how to play any other character, bad a life, prideful, enjoy fast food,

Captain Falcon
manly, showoff, play least gay, have the most fun, funny, outgoing, really loud or really quite no in between,

Ice climbers
silly, frustrated really easily, really cool when not frustrated,

Samus
somewhat strange, friendly, black,

Doctor Mario
black, friendly, smart well spoken players,

Ganondorf
awesome, friendly, loud, tough, flashy, never complain about his weakness, more manly than Falcon players, skinny white guys

Luigi
stuck in the 80's, goofy,

Donkey Kong
friendly, bulky/strong,

Mario
combination of Luigi and Doctor Mario mains,

Link
cool, talk a lot,

Pikachu
casual, cool, relaxed, at least 6 feet tall,

Young Link
whiny especially about how broken Marth is, at least 6 feet tall,

Roy
way too hyperactive, think roy is capable of way more than they should give him credit for, easy to hang out with,

Zelda
"Generally pretty cute, regardless of gender"

Mr. Game & Watch
2-dimensional,

Ness
big heads

Yoshi
Smile a lot, eat a lot,

Bowser
loud, prideful, delusional idiots who think Bowser has a chance, don't care about winning and only play because he's cute,

Mewtwo
have a top tier secondary,

Kirby
aren't serious about life, pretty funny,

Pichu
Don't exist

ppl who play brawl:
30%scrub
80%admit melee is better, only they think its too late to get good
20%play both
100% of the competitive scene play it for glory and money. usually not for fun.

The truth about people who play different tiers:
Top tier: Whores
Mid tier: Fun
Low Tier: Stupid
Mix of Tiers: Crazy
All tiers: Madness
Doesn't play tiers: Ur wrong

The salty tears of bad melee players makes me laugh so much I can't contain it

Pretty much all ROB mains live on the East Coast, don't play Brawl anymore, and are really close knit and somewhere between mature and having a different sense of humour, are dudes, and are all mechanophiles.

I fit all of those.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Pretty much all ROB mains live on the East Coast, don't play Brawl anymore, and are really close knit and somewhere between mature and having a different sense of humour, are dudes, and are all mechanophiles.

I fit all of those.
And try too hard to fit in.

<3

Top Bottom