• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GG Tournaments- The big one featuring Bifu|Insaynne

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Okay, so we have...it's not a major...it's more along the lines of a regional. We're expecting more than our normal turnout, and the competition to be more fierce. With players like Bifu|Insaynne coming out, and possibly some of the DRS crew, it should be fun. Depending on how this goes, we might just make a regular thing out of it. It's a growing scene, after all. Baby steps are important!!!

I don't think I need to say this, but I'm going to anyway. This is BYOC. The store will actually have some on hand you can buy, though. =P

For real though, I can't guarantee that The Game Gallery will be able to provide you with one. Also, if you have a cord for your 360 controller...assuming you're a pad warrior....bring it. I'm serious.

315 Northampton St.
Easton, PA 18042
610-829-1133

Event Page:
http://www.facebook.com/events/386558548102623/

What do we need?
Pretty obvious...setups. Setups and copies of the game. 360s and Gamecube/Wiis. TVs, however, are the MOST important thing.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/gamegallerypa/videos

What games are being played?
The safe schedule allows for 4 games. Depending on set-ups and participants, we may be able to run one or two side tournaments. This also depends on cooperation from players in getting to their matches. The four games are:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
King of Fighters XII

What about a schedule?
I'll have a schedule posted up. However, what it's looking like is that Marvel and Tekken are going to be up first. The two main events will be Smash and KOF. This can be somewhat subject to change. Smash is the main event no matter what. The other main event will either be KOF or Tekken. This is to accommodate those coming by bus, Marvel heads will have time to get back home.

Costs: $10 per game. (Also subject to change)
==========================================================
Format:
Double Elimination for each game. 2/3 for all matches. Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Timer: 99 (KOF/Tekken/Marvel) 7:00 (Smash)
-Match count 5 (Tekken Only)
-Stocks 4 (Smash only)
-You are character/team locked if you win (not smash)
-You can change charaters/teams if you lose
-You are allowed to change the order of your team if your opponent does so. (KOF only)
-Pausing is not allowed. If you pause it will result in a loss of round/game/stock depending on the game.
-I WILL DQ you if you aren't there for your match. If you don't let me know what's going on, I can't help you. I can't and absolutely WON'T hold things up for you. I don't care WHO you are. It won't be total DQ, but you'll be sent to losers.

Special rules on coaching:
People tend to have a stigma about coaching. To coach DURING a match is NOT allowed. You CAN do it BETWEEN matches. You have a full minute to give yourself to breathe and focus if you need it. Take advantage of it.

SMASH ONLY:
The order is: Loser chooses stage, winner changes character, loser changes character.

DSR: So we're clear. You cannot play twice on the same stage you won on. This is, unless agreed upon by both players. If you want to go back to the same stage you played upon...that's you. That means: If you lose on FD, and want to go back to FD...that's on you, buddy. It's YOUR funeral. However, if you beat your opponent, are on game 3 or higher, and (s)he won on FD, you have the right to deny him/her going back there.

For this tournament...I actually don't give two craps about wobbling. If you want to wobble, it's legal. The other stuff, however....(Soul stunner, freezie, etc.) don't think about it.

Stalling using Jigglypuff's rising pound, Peach's Wallbomber, etc. is not allowed. PLANKING is not allowed.

==========================================================

If you have any questions: Feel free to message me, email me, or post on the event page or here.
My email: theory_of_imagination@hotmail.com

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
I hope i can come. Hope for a great turnout. I might be able to bring a full setup. I think i might go Link for the whole tournament. If a can, I'll commentate.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I've got confirmation from some in our area, as well as stretching in to Jersey. I think ENV is making it for sure. So someone from Rutgers area. I don't know about Inui, yet. A few people from other parts of Jersey, too. Some of South Jersey should be coming up. I've (thankfully) managed to create a buzz. I don't even know if Philly has a smash scene, anymore, but they're coming. (Marvel, mostly.)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
what players showed interest in melee?

:phone:
Well, there's players here, there's a smasher who just hasn't been on the boards a while, DH Ninja that said he was coming, I've got people that come to tournaments, and I had no clue they were showing....some that came from a distance. I can't 100% say who all is showing since when you advertise...people just show up without saying anything. I've generated interest at the store, and I'll be heading down there in a few to generate more interest since it's Free play Friday with the recently installed Arcade. Then of course, you have those people. Those who walk in unaware, and decide to enter for the heck of it. We have other people that are all about the "My friend plays and I know he'd want...." as well.

I'm hoping ENV comes with a few from Rutgers, too. Then, of course, I can only hope Lafayette shows up. No telling who comes up with the South Jersey crowd.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I can't guarantee that. I don't even have a 64 and a copy of the game, atm. If someone wants to make an attempt to bring it, I'll try and squeeze it in if I can.

After the training session today, it's definitely looking promising. for the Melee turnout. Just won the random tournament they wanted to hold. However...there's a Peach player, and a Marth player that popped up out of nowhere...AGAIN. Throw that in there with the ones that came by last night. People are coming from deep, lol. Jersey getting it in.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
You guys should do another 64 tourney around March (AKA a month after after Chain-Ace's). I would be able to help ameliorate the setup problem this time.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I might not come because Drew won't be there. I should be able to bring a Wii and Smash. What time does it start?
Melee is starting at 4-:430PM, so you have time. I just encourage people to show up early. The festivities officially kick off at 2PM with KOFXIII and Marvel leading the pack. Give either the store or me a call. If you need my number, just let me know. I really hope you guys can make it, though. Some more competition has peaked through. I was really surprised. This tournament is gonna be so hype!!!

Also, Yobo, that sounds reasonable to me. I'll make plans for it in March. 64 was VERY hype last time, and you got the guys at the store excited from the matches. I'm gonna try and get in contact with Sensei, somehow, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

Confirmed:
If you haven't seen in the main Post, I've added the stream URL, so people can watch. Let 'em know about it so they can have some fun!!!

Also confirmed:
- Commentary and interviews!!!
- The arcade that's up and operational
- An official OK from the store to mass order Pizza or whatever. (You could do it anyway, but it's encouraged, now!!)
- Guaranteed coverage for Chris Bahn's site: http://www.putthatback.org

Semi-confirmed (Set-up pending):
- Side tournaments!!! (AE, P4A, ?????) $5 a pop
- DRS Shakugan!!! (Just known as Shakugan on the boards)

Possible addition:
- True Lionheart!!! (formerly DMG Lionheart)
- DRS Dragon!!!
- Smelly Cat????
- Inui??? (That's in the air)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to make this as amazing as possible for such a small and budding scene. Things will only get better for the store, though. I appreciate any and all support from everyone!!

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
inui may go? always thought he was more brawl then melee. any other confirmed or maybes
will 64 be available for friendlies?
what arcade games are there and are they free?
:phone:

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Kite- He just gave me a maybe, so no real definitive there. If someone brings it, we might be able to get a setup, we'll see. Also, it's a retro gaming store, so it's a lot of older classics, like MvC1, Super Mario Bros. vs., Tetris vs. Pit fighter, MK 1 & 2, and some others. However, there are some that might be in the works soon. It makes me very happy.

Intimidator- We have a camera, a mic, and a purpose. Remember how I said that it'd be featured for Put That Back? I happen to be a writer for Chris Bahn, so I'll be doing quintuple duty at this tournament, as writer/interviewer, TO, player, Announcer/MC, and commentator. I really want this tournament to be something special. I also have another surprise for you anime fans out there. I can't really say what it is yet, but I think you'll like it.

I'm heading out now, because I have to meet Insaynne at the bus stop. Um, you can call the store for any other questions, or ask for me. I'll see you guys in a few hours!!!

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't able to make it. The stream doesn't seem to be working but can you put matches on youtube if you recorded them? Hope to come sometime soon!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Everything was going well, until the day that the Fire Nation came.

The power was shot randomly, and screwed up the equipment. We had no stream...and us trying to get it working again kind of held everything up. (Plus people kind of showing up late, too.) Marvel got started about an hour later than it should have. Smash was only about 15. (I DID say 4-:430) However, Smash did finish on time. KOF...welllllllll.....there were a few difficulties here and there, lol. Overall, it was a success. They got GF recorded...that was it. While Winners Finals (Lazy vs. me) left much to be desired, Losers Finals (Kite vs. Me) was pretty darn epic. I kind of wish that one was recorded. About to make the results thread.

Top Bottom