• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wow, all this talk that I want to be a part of, but I have to sleep now so I can be up at 3 am for work.

but what i will say is,

old school cartoons, bugs bunny is the best
yogi bear movie.
justin timberlake makes a surprisingly amazing boo boo.
current anime:
Kekkaishi
FMA: B is great.
DBZ: Kai counts as new to me and its effing great.
and the super long running ones are just as good as they were 20 years ago.
Case Closed, Jojo's (havent watched but Ive never heard anything bad) and one other i cant think of.
even the mainstream like one piece isnt bad.

also, you kids, if you arent feelin the japanese, it might be worth it to come back to america for your cartoons right now. Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes. is sick. Batman, the brave and the bold, symbionic titan.

btw, does anybody else watch tower prep? im straight hooked right now.

Sharky

Smash Master
quick update on pound V: currently the furthest ahead date we can reserve megabus seats for is the 31st of january. That means we should be making reservations in roughly 2.5 weeks! Get hyped!

dudutsai

Smash Lord
kids in high school while im boning two *****es at once while they make out!!!! EPIC WIN

ps guys i just reunlocked all the chars and stages because my mem card got erased and play daily essentially so during winter break if there is an event i will be there please.

edit: and definitely ****
WTF Manalord is awesome. Just started Seiken Densetsu 3 by the way on a friend's suggestion. It's pretty good.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You should actually stop playing SD3 immediately and play Terranigma instead.

P.S. - You can keep playing SD3 if Lise is in your party. <3 <3 <3

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
wow, all this talk that I want to be a part of, but I have to sleep now so I can be up at 3 am for work.

but what i will say is,

old school cartoons, bugs bunny is the best
yogi bear movie.
justin timberlake makes a surprisingly amazing boo boo.
current anime:
Kekkaishi
Case Closed, Jojo's (havent watched but Ive never heard anything bad) and one other i cant think of.

also, you kids, if you arent feelin the japanese, it might be worth it to come back to america for your cartoons right now. Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes. is sick. Batman, the brave and the bold, symbionic titan.

btw, does anybody else watch tower prep? im straight hooked right now.
I don't take my TV off of channel 32.

x13mako

Smash Ace
current anime:
Kekkaishi
Does Detective Conan (Case Closed) count? Even though it's still running it started in '96 and has sucked since... '96.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
1-10 how good was Spice and Wolf? never watched....

Also, Buffalo sucks. We get 12 inches of snow every day, and it melts just as fast, so there's always floods. Plus we're surrounded by a lake so it's stupid cold, considering I live like 2 minutes from the Bridge.[/rantcomplain]

=) Hi everybody, I'm new here.

Sharky

Smash Master
it's been snowing here since like saturday, maybe earlier i can't remember anymore, and it hasn't stopped since...biking into work on monday I wiped out 3 times and got pulled over by a cop who harassed me for like 10 minutes, threatened me with like $400 in tickets, and to arrest me for "disorderly conduct", all for staying in the middle of the road when it's the only part that's anything that could be considered plowed (take note that this is at 5:00 in the MORNING), despite the fact that I'm actively making sure I'm not in the way of any traffic the whole time. Yeah, this snow isn't fun for me at all right now...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
mako, youre only mad that Conan is the same age as you but is way smarter.

scott, stopped switching accounts all the GD time and just pick one terrible name to identify yourself with.
also, neils super smart at video games. hes always gonna be good at anything that requires quick inputs and mindgames.
not to mention that Ill stomp you out too.

x13mako

Smash Ace
Lol. Mako's just trolling. He knows Conan is the ****..
Correction Haibara is the ****, Conan's a total douchebag.
mako, youre only mad that Conan is the same age as you but is way smarter.
Implying same age
Implying he's a lot smarter because of all those mysteries he solves made for a child audience.
Implying letting the badguys catch you dressed like a girl and hope you don't die = something smart.
Yo Mako, you shut your ***** mouth. Conan is pure brilliance.
Well, to be fair, 10% of Conan is good.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Wow...I've been a member here for awhile and never noticed that there is a region dedicated to upstate NY! I'm central myself, I live in the SE corner of Onondaga county bordering Madison and Cortland counties. Anyone close by? Because there are virtually NO competitive players in my area, so my play has REALLY dropped off. I also go to school in Brockport (just outside of Rochester, very near R.I.T.) so if there is anyone out in that area either let me know!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Rit Rochester has alot of smashers, a smasher named jamesg actually goes to school in brockport he's a good lucario main. Mako leave in courtland and tommyg will be going to school in courtland next semester. And I host a smashfest almost every weekend in Syracuse 30 mins from you probably.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Wow...I've been a member here for awhile and never noticed that there is a region dedicated to upstate NY! I'm central myself, I live in the SE corner of Onondaga county bordering Madison and Cortland counties. Anyone close by? Because there are virtually NO competitive players in my area, so my play has REALLY dropped off. I also go to school in Brockport (just outside of Rochester, very near R.I.T.) so if there is anyone out in that area either let me know!
We've got a pretty active region! There's even some smashers in Geneseo.

Sharky

Smash Master
Rit Rochester has alot of smashers, a smasher named jamesg actually goes to school in brockport he's a good lucario main. Mako leave in courtland and tommyg will be going to school in courtland next semester. And I host a smashfest almost every weekend in Syracuse 30 mins from you probably.
I was thinking about spell checking this...but then I read past the first line and decided it wasn't worth the effort. =/

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Bit of an update, for those who may be concerned since I left upstate on pretty quick notice without much explanation:

I moved out of RIT for now due to some academic and personal problems that I'm working over at home. That's going well, and I seem to have a pretty good job offer lined up down here too, where I'll be doing programming stuff. Just gotta get my security clearance first. My smash game is gonna take a bit of a dive while I sort things out, but I'll be finding out stuff to do more regularly (though perhaps not as regularly as up there, where I had very nearby competition biweekly,) and I hope I'll see you all again up there in the fall, if things go well.

This comes with some news as well; if you're planning on traveling for the next pound, I think I'll be trying to attend, and can probably offer up some housing space down here for people who're saving money. It's not *that* close, but it's an easy enough drive. ~40 mins, but that's just the DC highway system of hell for you. Needless to say though, it's an option if you're pressed for money. Though I'd imagine most of you would prefer to pinch the money with sharky's crazy bus-routing shenannigans he discovered some while back and spend on the convenience of having a room at the event, so you can maximize friendlies and nearby sleep. However, if someone shows interest, I'll follow up with you all. Srsly. And of course, I'll still be in the thread.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
I just thought to myself, I haven't checked the boards in a while, why is this? Then after reading the past 2-3 pages I remember. People wont stop talking about games that clearly don't pertain to this thread. Also no tourneys are in the immediate future. See you guys again in 2 weeks when my memory lapses and I do this again.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I just thought to myself, I haven't checked the boards in a while, why is this? Then after reading the past 2-3 pages I remember. People wont stop talking about games that clearly don't pertain to this thread. Also no tourneys are in the immediate future. See you guys again in 2 weeks when my memory lapses and I do this again.
this haha i come here to talk smash but not happenin

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well it is a social thread. Talk about whatever brings the community closer together!

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Gave me intense feeling of sadness :(

That tourney was awesome. Props to all smashers who were there
I loved the event too. But, I don't think it was *that* bad a post. I mean it's funny. You know, close together, community? Because we were crowded in a house we got last minute? (which was awesome)

-IT'S FUNNY.

Top Bottom