• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSX

Smash Rookie
Brawl formats have been converted. Debugging MDL0/PLT0/TEX0 output now.
Do you think you can test outputting the .MDL0 into another file format other than Collada, like, say, .3DS? :(

Really, it's extreamly annoying to have to deal with only using Autodesk Max/Maya. Collada is barely supported on any software I encountered. X_X

Anything other than that dang Collada format would be WAY MORE THAN HIGHLY APPRECIATED. X_X

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Say, if you need help, do you think chadderz could? He's a MKWii hacker who made MKWii model/texture hacking possible. He might know a thing or two...

I can't wait to have custom stages like the custom SNES rainbow road course for MKWii

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Do you think you can test outputting the .MDL0 into another file format other than Collada, like, say, .3DS? :(

Really, it's extreamly annoying to have to deal with only using Autodesk Max/Maya. Collada is barely supported on any software I encountered. X_X

Anything other than that dang Collada format would be WAY MORE THAN HIGHLY APPRECIATED. X_X
Blender works with it. Not with models from Pharrox's converter (sorry) but with trophy file models used with an MDL0 converter

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Autodesk's (Free!) FBX converter will aslo convert non-Pharrox-made DAEs into FBX, 3DS, etc.

Why are the DAE files that Pharrox's converter produces different from normal DAE files, anyway? O_o

stickman

Smash Apprentice
I can't get them to work in Blender, but in Meshlab, they only have a few triangles, but all the vertices

EDIT:
so HSX doesn't kill me... First post on 100th page!

HSX

Smash Rookie
DANGIT STICKMAN YOU MADE THE 100TH PAGE

AND YOU DID NOT EVEN ACKNOWLADGE IT

U R NOT WORTHY >:UUUUU

*shot*

Uhh.... hmmm.... yeah....

Blender works with it. Not with models from Pharrox's converter (sorry) but with trophy file models used with an MDL0 converter
Yeah... I'd rather have the editable T-Posed models instead of the hell-of-a-time-to-rig Trophies. :/

stickman

Smash Apprentice
DANGIT STICKMAN YOU MADE THE 100TH PAGE

AND YOU DID NOT EVEN ACKNOWLADGE IT

U R NOT WORTHY >:UUUUU

*shot*

Uhh.... hmmm.... yeah....

Yeah... I'd rather have the editable T-Posed models instead of the hell-of-a-time-to-rig Trophies. :/
I'll change that right away...

and me too, but it's the only thing I have to work with at the moment

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Take a look at what I found: http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7246

LAHARL *Joygasm*

Pretty amazing model, looks cartoony, but all the proportions are correct (For the most part)

Maybe someone from the forum could convince him to join the community so we could have a character already completed when Pharrox's tool is released :)

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Zbrush is a fancy 3d modeling program. IDK what that Laharl model being made with that has to do with anything but yeah.

Also, @Vile on the prev. page--er, why? I'm making my own animations and everything, and by the time I'm done with all that pharrox will probably have long successfully hacked not only models but animations and everything else as well. O.o

Speaking of which, I have 2 2/3 wait/idle animations done. :DD sooo 1 1/3 left 'til i can move on to the other thousands of anis. ;/

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
ZBrush isn't a fancy modeling program at all, its just a modeling program to model the high poly things (millions upon millions of polygons, even billions if you can run it). It works kinda like sculpting. We probably wouldn't be able to run that model alone on the strongest computer made yet.

HSX

Smash Rookie
K, I got myself a copy of Maya (trial lolz), and whenever I try to load the .dae models Pharrox's extractor gives out, maya dies. D:

Anyone know a solution for this?

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice

Smash Ace
Ugh you all realize these are EXTREMELY high quality models and yes they might be able to model low poly, but most people who model in high poly don't know how to model low poly.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't low poly just mean less detail? Wouldn't that just make it ever so easier to make the models?

Smash Ace
Well most people find sculpting in higher poly is easier, but personally i find lower poly work easier. Then again, i dont work with high poly as much as i do with low, it really depends on how much experience and which you prefer.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
That Disgaea model was made four years ago and Geno more than a year ago. I think it's reasonable to assume they might have learned how to model low-poly since them. Maybe, maybe not. But it's possible.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Doesn't low poly just mean less detail? Wouldn't that just make it ever so easier to make the models?
Not always. You can run some simple smoothers and stuff on a model to make it look better, and it's suddenly 20 times the polygons it used to be. It both limits your tools, and expectations hand in hand, so it's not necessarily simpler.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
lowpoly takes alot more knowledge about proper edge flow and architecture. because it's all about where and how you use and conserve your polygons. if your edge flow is crap, your model won't bend properly.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
lowpoly takes alot more knowledge about proper edge flow and architecture. because it's all about where and how you use and conserve your polygons. if your edge flow is crap, your model won't bend properly.
The part about edge flow can also apply to high polygon characters, as I've done that before.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
not really, gets to a point where there are so many edges.. bad edge don't matter anymore. even if you get a poll or a pinch it'll be so subdivided and small, you won't see it.

and you can't use hipoly models in games, so edge flow isn't as critical

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
not really, gets to a point where there are so many edges.. bad edge don't matter anymore. even if you get a poll or a pinch it'll be so subdivided and small, you won't see it.

and you can't use hipoly models in games, so edge flow isn't as critical
Off-topic, but I remember you from FacePunchStudios years ago. Small world, indeed.

Smash Ace
The part about edge flow can also apply to high polygon characters, as I've done that before.
Well you either are A: Lieing that have done this before, or B: Failed so hard at it.

You do realize edge flow almost doesn't even matter with high poly models, the most trouble it will give you is a little bit of a weird sub division in a spot and even then it barely ever happens.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Well you either are A: Lieing that have done this before, or B: Failed so hard at it.

You do realize edge flow almost doesn't even matter with high poly models, the most trouble it will give you is a little bit of a weird sub division in a spot and even then it barely ever happens.
The B part is true, it was when I first learned to hi-poly model, and I sucked at it. I had a lot in one spot, but I didn't know what some of the tools were and I accidentally combined the polys, so when I broke them apart they were kinda funny, but still somewhat high poly, so I tried to animate it, but the polys weren't where I wanted them, so it kinda got screwed up. Basically what I was trying to say is don't suck at modeling or the same can happen.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
Making hipoly is essential to help lowpoly model makers understand how to distribute polygons if ever subdivided

But whatever the case, if you don't know proper edge flow your going to have animation problems.. [period!]

Also when making highpoly models you always always start from lowpoly, and subdivide up..
so there should be no such thing as bad edge flow with hipoly models.. since if the highpoly model had problems, its directly because the lowpoly that you began with was no good. so lowpoly takes more experience then highpoly since you need lowpoly to make high poly O_o unless you plan to not subdivide and place the position of a million polygons one by one

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
This is definitely one of the awesomest topics I have ever seen. Just imagine where Brawl could go with this, and PSA, and stuff like that. TL; DR: Nintendo has just had their *** kicked.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Making hipoly is essential to help lowpoly model makers understand how to distribute polygons if ever subdivided

But whatever the case, if you don't know proper edge flow your going to have animation problems.. [period!]

Also when making highpoly models you always always start from lowpoly, and subdivide up..
so there should be no such thing as bad edge flow with hipoly models.. since if the highpoly model had problems, its directly because the lowpoly that you began with was no good. so lowpoly takes more experience then highpoly since you need lowpoly to make high poly O_o unless you plan to not subdivide and place the position of a million polygons one by one
Remember, I said it was when I first learned to high poly. Like you said, I started with a bad lowpoly, subdivided, smoothed, hit a button I didn't know what did which made the selected polys combine to be low poly, I subdivided, but not enough, and basically ****ed the whole thing up. I still hate modeling >.>

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how that clone engine is coming along? And are updates on this program, which indeed seems awesome, coming from somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom