• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Pictoras - SWF Picture Thread

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yahh, specific hard case plastic housing is super exxy, but this one was different, it's like a plastic bag that you roll up a few times at the top and it has a section for the lens to go into. I think my friend got it for like $80, gotta check with her what the brand is again to see if I can find one for the Nikon. c:
if i get a bag like that i'll sacrifice the d-40 and kit lens for it -- don't want to risk the d-90 flooding. :)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
How could Steel not touch Avril? Now he can die a happy man!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The guy is Steel and the girl is Avril Lavigne.

Stared at Steel more than Avril obv

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Speaking of enormous grins, this ***** can filter krill and plankton with hers.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He's old enough that he should've encountered her in childhood.

I mean Avril wasn't even that big over here and I know.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Way to be jerks. It's perfectly possible to miss unremarkable personalities in the entertainment business who are produced on a conveyor belt.

:059:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
But when she was out she was basically the only pop star out at that time. Her video also managed to be the number 1 viewed video on Youtube as well at one point I think.

She's not exactly obscure.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Random hotel room parties at debate state? Awww yeeeaahhhh. I'm the dude in the blue under armor.

Pretty cool trip, I thought. Had to go as a non-competitor due to my Public Forum partner becoming ineligible, but oh well. There's always next year to win I guess.

Here's a good part of the debators from my city (missing the private school kids/a few people that were in rounds) at the high school the competition was hosted at. Some people are in casual clothes because they were done with rounds, and some people had to come in formal gear every day despite not competing because they were technically entered as a coach and not a competitor (hint: that was me :( )

Anyway, awesome story time from the trip. So me and this guy Brian are bored the first night of the competition. The food the school is serving sucks, the line to the snack bar is long (they had Domino's too, but I didn't want to wait thirty minutes for a few slices of pizza), and we don't feel like spending money. Being the two morally sound guys we are, we decide that hey! What if we went to a random house in the neighborhood and told them our coach forgot our meal money back in Austin (despite living in El Paso) and that our team sent us out to try and get snacks to eat while we wait for the final rounds of competition to be over?

So we walk out to a house - it had a bumper sticker of the school the competition was at, so we figured they'd be open to a few high schoolers - ring the doorbell and the lady answers. She looks confused, so we explain that our coach forgot our meal money, and despite how rude it was, we really needed to get some sort of snack for out team. The lady asks for identification so we show her our TFA pins (Texas Forensic Association, the debate league our schools are in), we introduce ourselves, and she goes to get food.

She comes back with a few Dr. Peppers and a huge bag of chips. Score! So we thank her, made some small talk (she said she wanted to introduce us to her daughter, but she was upstairs getting ready for school the next day... guess "Tyler Jackson" and "Kris Cooper" made a real impact on her!), and returned to the school as champions.

And here's a picture of me with the bag of chips.

So yeah, pretty fun trip overall. Wish I could've competed, but oh well. **** happens I guess. Next year!

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Anyway, awesome story time from the trip. So me and this guy Brian are bored the first night of the competition. The food the school is serving sucks, the line to the snack bar is long (they had Domino's too, but I didn't want to wait thirty minutes for a few slices of pizza), and we don't feel like spending money. Being the two morally sound guys we are, we decide that hey! What if we went to a random house in the neighborhood and told them our coach forgot our meal money back in Austin (despite living in El Paso) and that our team sent us out to try and get snacks to eat while we wait for the final rounds of competition to be over?

So we walk out to a house - it had a bumper sticker of the school the competition was at, so we figured they'd be open to a few high schoolers - ring the doorbell and the lady answers. She looks confused, so we explain that our coach forgot our meal money, and despite how rude it was, we really needed to get some sort of snack for out team. The lady asks for identification so we show her our TFA pins (Texas Forensic Association, the debate league our schools are in), we introduce ourselves, and she goes to get food.

She comes back with a few Dr. Peppers and a huge bag of chips. Score! So we thank her, made some small talk (she said she wanted to introduce us to her daughter, but she was upstairs getting ready for school the next day... guess "Tyler Jackson" and "Kris Cooper" made a real impact on her!), and returned to the school as champions.
This is like the sketchiest thing ever, fyi. Like some real weirdo ****.
In case you didn't know.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Nice try, but I wasn't hover handing in that picture. It was about the ninth picture they too and like the fourth camera, so it was just taken when I was readjusting my hand. It was the best quality one overall though so that's the one I chose to post.

CogSmooch said:
This is like the sketchiest thing ever, fyi. Like some real weirdo ****.
In case you didn't know.
Haha this isn't anywhere near the sketchiest thing I've done (though I guess it is kinda sketchy). It was fun doing it though, so whatever.

Top Bottom