• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin pluck % by stage

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Check yoshi's pipes. It is rarely legal, but it is a counterpick according to the sbr, and it is the most broken olimar level in existence.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Check yoshi's pipes. It is rarely legal, but it is a counterpick according to the sbr, and it is the most broken olimar level in existence.
just got done. It's neutral all the way across for pikmin. I even checked the yellow blocks and the pipe. It's all 23/15.

Also, I finally finished stadium 2 >.> and it's also neutral, except for the ice phase, which is the same as summit. 20/20/30/20/10, a blue/white stage. I expected the ground phase to have an increase in purples or a decrease in yellows or something...

Well I'm 53% done now.... barely half way. And fino, if you or anyone else would like to help it would definitely be appreciated. I'm done with all of the counterpick stages, other than rainbow cruise, which i think i'll do next (tomorrow). If I was the topic creator i'd definitely edit the first post, but since i cant do that, i'll start posting the stages I havent tested, and if anyone would like to do some tests at them, feel free to (I could use the help lol)

Remaining Stages:
Big Blue - cars, big ship, platform, road (lol seriously)
Flat Zone 2 - Stage, Burning Building, Gas Station, Lion Cage
Green Hill Zone
Hannenbow
Jungle Japes
Mushroomy Kingdom - Floor, Bricks, ? Blocks, Pipes, Moving Platform(1-2)
Onett - House, Awning, Power Line, Tree
Rainbow Cruise - Boat, Platforms, Flying Carpet, Falling Blocks, Swing
Rumble Falls - Wood, Stone, Airplane

I'll just edit this post when things change

yeah, i know. None of these stages would ever be put to practical use (except maybe jungle japes...) but i want to know this just to know it. Also, the beach at delphino could use some more numbers to test.... like i said earlier the ratio looks kinda weird.

thanks for the support ^.^

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I'll do Rainbow cruise since it's like... my favorite stage :D

~Fino
Agreed, thank you haha. Test the falling blocks, the ship, and the pendulum. Perhaps they may be different.

Oh geez. It's gonna suck testing stages like shadow moses. Good luck with that.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, mario circuit, bridge of eldin, spear pillar, and warioware have been added to the list of standard stages

not that it matters xD

Edit:
75m - 20/30/20/10/20 (Yellow/Purple)
Bridge of eldin - Standard
Mario Circuit(road/grass) - Standard
Spear Pillar(Top and Cave) - Standard
Port Town Aero Drive(Platform) - Standard
Port Town Aero Drive(Road) - 23/23/23/10/20 (Purple)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
you want.... numbers? i could get you them probably but it would take alot of searching... they're scattered all over the place, and in random notebooks i used.

this is actually a lot simpler than we all thought. Other than the beach and bulborg, every color is either a 40, 30, 23, 20, 15, or 10. All that has to be done is test the stages to see which one they fit into. The main numbers i'd need to post are the beach, since it'll still need more tests to be as accurate as possible. I plan to have a chart with each piece of terrain done in two weeks at most, and maybe an faq made not long after that. I wanna get this done.

i dont want to seem like i'm taking over your work, since you were the original one to start this... it's just after i discovered the %'s in shallow water, I've been wanting to get this completed with to advance olimar's game in any way possible.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Mario Bros.
Red Brick Flooring/Blue Platform/Pow Block - 23/23/23/15/15 (Standard)

New Pork City
Platforms/Breakable Platform - 23/23/23/20/10 (White)
Flying Car - 23/23/23/10/20 (Purple)
Boat - 23/23/23/15/15 (Standard)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Shadow Moses Island - 20/30/20/15/15 (Yellow)
O_o

Coreria
Great Fox/Guns at bottom/Thruster in back(lol)/Arwing - 20/30/20/15/15 (Yellow)

At the request of one of my friends, I checked a few random terrains I never thought of

Pirate Ship when the ship crashes, and a piece of the ship is submerged, i would have expected it to be like most shallow surfaces. However, it keeps the Ship's terrain as a 23/23/23/15/15 instead. This means that it's not the 'water' that changes the pluck, but specific terrain designated to have that percentage, that has water over it. Also that the terrains dont change depending on their surroundings, or in this case water. Just like at Distant Planet.

The next was testing Crates percentages. yeah, the item lol. The only Crates you're able to stand on are the ones with wheels under them. I tested it at FD and got 23/23/23/15/15, but didnt know if that was the Crate's percentages or FD's, copied onto the crate. So I went to stadium, and decided to test a crate that was sitting in the water to see if i got any reds. First of all, you have NO IDEA how hard it is to get a crate to sit still in water!! I ended up killing myself countless times. By the time I finally did it, I got the last seven CDs I was missing lol. Anyways, It doesnt have a different terrain. It's still 23/15, and not influenced by the terrain that the crate is sitting on.

And no, Tac... you cant pull pikmin when footstooling someone >.>

70%

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Oh snap Hilt, you just pulled off a triple threat.

Anyway, I didn't think you could pluck when foots-tolling someone (though imagine if you could) However, I did think of one more odd situation if you'd like to check it out. Summit is a blue/white stage correct? Well after the top breaks off and slides into the water have you tried pulling from the bottom of the stage when it submerges every now and again? It would be interesting if the programmers worked something like that is as a switch in the pull %, but overlooked something like Pirate Ship.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, i checked that when i found the %'s at Stadium. It's 0/40/30/15/15 just like Stadium, which makes me wonder why that terrain changes, but the ship doesnt when it practically does the exact same thing....

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Because the programmers overlooked it? More importantly it means all of the pull % locations on any given stage are scripted as opposed on being dependent on environment.

Hey Hilt, since summit changes for when it is submerged, I wonder if Norfair changes it's pull % when the lower part of the stage is submerged in lava. Think you could eat a starman and check it out? You still need to do the spinning platform assist trophy too.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
King of Red Lions and the Boulder at Pirate Ship - 23/23/23/15/15
Landmaster(Fox) - 20/30/20/15/15 - Yellow

Also, Kirby's Pikmin Pluck % is affected by terrain in the same way as olimar's. So I may start using kirby since the pikmin die on their own and i dont have to keep killing myself xD

Since there's a lot of random terrains that have been thought of (Target Test, Custom Stages, Subspace Emmisary, IC's Final Smash, etc) I'm probably going to make my own thread for this topic since the original poster doesnt get on here very often, and neither has he changed the OP. It'd be a lot more organized that way anyways...

Will there be anything wrong with that?
O_o

EDIT: Redid Japes by pulling another 400 and adding it to my 500 I did awhile back. It's... kinda weird... >.> first time I've seen a stage like this. It basically comes out to a 25/25/25/15/10.... so there's not an increase in a specific color, but a decrease in purples, which results to red/yellow/blue to increase by 1.7 each.... so i dont know what to classify this stage as... a Red/Yellow/Blue stage? Maybe this is the terrain all wood surfaces have...

so yeah, i'm gonna go ahead and start writing up a new thread >.> The OP of this thread hasnt been updated since it was created, and I'm basically the only one pulling pikmin now (Fino, do Rainbow Cruise cause I dont wanna!!). Having my own thread would allow me to keep it more organized....

Top Bottom