• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A brawl + sub sub form

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's not true, stop deluding yourself or rather, don't start spreading the "rumors" even further. There will never be an AR OR GS for Wii, THAT'S why there is a USB Gecko/Gecko OS in the first place guys. If we knew an AR or GS was coming, what would be the point in a USB Gecko/Gecko OS? Nothing.
Not to mention they'd do what they did with the freeloader. Release a firmware update and disable it being used.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Incedently, I might suggest that if anyone else thins that Brawl+ deserves a subforum to PM MLG_JV asking for one. That way he knows that there's a lot of people who would support one being added. :)
Will do. Non-sarcasm

I really miss the old topics of General Brawl Discussion... Sarcasm

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I remember the last time I asked this and I got a whole bunch of complaints because Brawl+ was undeveloped back then and the response by everyone was "Go play Melee"... ahh good times. xD

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Dunno if you've been reading the thread or not, but AiB isn't owned by Major League Gaming.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I dont think giving brawl+ its own thread will be good, it gets good exposure being where its at

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
i know that, just saying f other places can haave one, so can we. and really i highly doubt it will hurt any...
Your statement is pretty fallacious, considering that "other places" aren't CORPORATE-OWNED like we are. Believe it or not, businesses actually care how they are reflected, so if something owned by a company gets in trouble, the company loses sponsorship, prestige, and more. Sure, possibilities lie in the future for the expansion this thread calls for, but the rationale can NOT be what you're claiming.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Although Brawl+ is getting a lot of exposure, I think it would get even MORE exposure if it had a dedicated place on the forums. That way instead of people seeing a few threads here and there, they would realize "Wow, this is huge." and may be more interested.

I got a response from JV!
MLG_JV said:
Thanks for the feedback.

I am aware the Brawl+ community has been growing and growing and that general brawl is not the best place for it anymore.

Honestly, I need to go over a few things first. But give me until the end of next week and hopefully we can come up with a solution that works for everyone and caters a bit better to the brawl+ community.

-JV

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
lol. You guys got AUTOMATED!
I'm assuming that he got about 20 or so PMs about it. It makes sense to send a single mass reply.

In any case, it's good to hear that they are thinking of a way to appease us plus'ers.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
There's a Brawl+ backroom, so that may be promising. In the meantime, if any of you haven't gotten links to the Brawl+ forums, just PM myself or anyone else involved in Brawl+.

The Cape

Smash Master
Um...yes it could.
: 0
They make a subforum for hacking, Nintendo finds out, gg smashboards.

Still. It'd be good to now how the law really does tie into it and it's not as though there aren't other websites out there dedicated to wii hax anyway.
The hacking is not making a profit, the hacking is not hurting Nintendo's original design, the hacking is not claiming to have created a game entirely by people that are not Nintendo.

Basically, as long as we dont claim ownership to Brawl or make a profit off of Brawl+ its legal.

Also, you may make the arguement about tournaments. Also legal because you are paying the money to compete in the tournament and you receive money for winning the tournament. Same way as regular Brawl tournies, as its illegal to pay to play the game, but legal to enter the tourney.

Sanu

Smash Champion
A Brawl+ backroom exists? Is it social group or an actual sub-forum? I didn't think they'd actually make one.

I'm more than willing to help on the development of new codes so if it actually exists... *nomnomnoms on the door*

D

Deleted member

currently the group is kept small, and those that have made extensive contributions can get invited

Sanu

Smash Champion
Makes sense. If I had the cash, I'd shell some out for a USBGecko right now. It's a shame that it's around $50, but it does offer quite a bit of features.

Just gotta get enough money first, haha.

Top Bottom