• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Glad those were fake... heard about them.

So the girl I've been talking about.... She's synesthetic. So when I play piano, what she hears also converts to colors in her mind.
This is the coolest thing. I've always wanted to meet one of those. And now I have. And she's into me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So the girl I've been talking about.... She's synesthetic. So when I play piano, what she hears also converts to colors in her mind.
This is the coolest thing. I've always wanted to meet one of those. And now I have. And she's into me.
I request the highest of fives. I've always wanted to meet someone like that too. I sorta do that with music but im not sure if its anything to do with that or if i just enjoy music too much

Also i agree with blubo's post below. Very much a heavenly match

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I request the highest of fives. I've always wanted to meet someone like that too. I sorta do that with music but im not sure if its anything to do with that or if i just enjoy music too much
We haven't gone anywhere really special -yet.- So just a high five for now.
I will save the highest of fives for when something special has been declared. So far we just both know we're attracted to each other.
Looks like a match made in heaven. I'm just saying.
It would seem so, wouldn't it? It's funny how this happens every time... Not a week or two after I decide I'm done looking for anything serious... I quit caring... talk to whatever girl comes across me and expect nothing... and then what might be a good deal just falls into my lap.
What does it mean to be synesthetic?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=synesthesia

Heartstring

Smash Legend
We haven't gone anywhere really special -yet.- So just a high five for now.
I will save the highest of fives for when something special has been declared. So far we just both know we're attracted to each other.
fair enough, I'll hold you to that

Although i find it ironic that I've spent years trying to get mutual interest in me going, and then 2 opportunities arise at the same time. Another girl from manchester (not the one i mentioned earlier) kinda just made me promise to go and spend the weekend with her. not bad

the thing both of these girls have in common? they live about 150 miles from me, fml...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Brett

Its too good to be true. Well seriously, you may have lots of stuff going in favor, but thats because thats how all relationships start. You see the bad afterwards. I'm just saying, not saying not to go for her, odds are in your favor I guess? There is always an uncertainly factor..

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
@Brett

Its too good to be true. Well seriously, you may have lots of stuff going in favor, but thats because thats how all relationships start. You see the bad afterwards. I'm just saying, not saying not to go for her, odds are in your favor I guess? There is always an uncertainly factor..
I never said anything is perfect. As I said, I need to figure out what exactly I want from her. I seriously think you sorely misunderstand how much careful thought I put into girls before I consider serious relationships with them.
This is why I keep saying tings like
"I like her so far."

I'm pretty experienced in relationships. I don't need pessimism and naysayers to bash any truth into me. I can handle myself.

Also, your attitude sucks. "Wow, you found a girl you like? TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ABORT MISSION." You'll kill yourself if you ever find a good deal for yourself.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Well I didn't want to be one of those guys who just go "go for it Man! She's totally right!"
I mean, I guess that's cool, but I prefer telling people to "GO GETHER" and such. It's fun and good for people's confidence.
double post but whatever,

I hit 14000 posts, what a milestone to hit to get back into my posting habits lol
Meaning you want the next milestone, 15k, and will be on a continuous stream of posts until you reach it?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I've never used cologne before. I just use body washes with a long lasting scent system coupled with an antiperspirant.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Honestly, I don't even use body washes often. I still prefer good ol' bar. With that being said, I'm trying to find something not so mainstream, but for a reasonable price. I don't want to be that guy wearing that scent every other guy wears lol. I hear Burberry Brit/London are good, but I find that a lot of guys have them.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Honestly, I don't even use body washes often. I still prefer good ol' bar. With that being said, I'm trying to find something not so mainstream, but for a reasonable price. I don't want to be that guy wearing that scent every other guy wears lol. I hear Burberry Brit/London are good, but I find that a lot of guys have them.
'that guy wearing the scent every other guy wears'
apparently, there is a lot of 'that guy' then

And don't pick burberry. It's like the flagship company of everything that is wrong with british working class.
I've always been a fan of lacoste when it comes to aftershave though

theeboredone

Smash Legend
www.basenotes.com is a really good website when it comes to recommending and finding various kinds of brands. Burberry was definitely top tier in terms of reviews lol.

What do you mean by "everything that is wrong with the british working class"?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
What do you mean by "everything that is wrong with the british working class"?
THESE PEOPLE

Thats a pretty tame image of these sorts of people. It's even worse when you hear them speak, youtube 'vicky pollard' and youll get the gist
sadly, my new place seem to be surrounded by this lot >.<

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So basically...your typical college frat boy and girl lol.
If I knew what a frat was, I might agree
Except they simply cant go to college, because if they did, they wouldnt be getting their council benefits pay. Plus the females ones pop out babies like to tomorrow so they can get child support pay
It all gets spent on alcohol and fake jewellery

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I played brawl with a bunch of casuals.. i was pressing L to L-cancel for some reason.. I haven't played melee in a long time.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Got 5th at Get Low's tournament. Lost to Blue Rogue and Roller, went all Ike (I never seem to want to switch). While I did get some tips from Roller on the ICs MU, I might just go Marth in it... I can turtle better with him >_>

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Got 5th at Get Low's tournament. Lost to Blue Rogue and Roller, went all Ike (I never seem to want to switch). While I did get some tips from Roller on the ICs MU, I might just go Marth in it... I can turtle better with him >_>
Well played BS, I got to play roller myself. And i wish i'd have given him a game using Ike, Would have been interested in seeing how it goes down

Roller

Smash Legend
I mean. He wasn't using his main, so I was like. o. Imma use somebody else. =/

But anywho. GGs Berserker! Sorry I had to bring your destruction of Michigan players to an end. lol

Also, I think Marth is a solid choice vs ICs. If you're honestly considering the switch.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
He used to "main" ROB. Besides not using main don't mean he ain't serious, ROB is his 2ndary to use in MUs he doesn't want to use Ike in.. Like Olimar

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You CP frigate, he changes to MK. You have a sadface that people can swap chars in MMs
I thought the general idea of MM's was to use one set character for the entire thing, thats how it had always gone in the ones i had done since then >.<

He used to "main" ROB. Besides not using main don't mean he ain't serious, ROB is his 2ndary to use in MUs he doesn't want to use Ike in.. Like Olimar
*was my co-main. Not anymore, dropped him, picked up snake, dropped snake. all ike now :D

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
How well do you think you would've done vs Zinoto's diddy ?
Would've probably been 2-0'd as Ike, he knows that MU too well and I barely know it. I did get closer as Falco at RAGE, but he kinda took out Shugo...>_> Would've most likely tried Ike, lost game 1, and then go Marth lol.

lol >_> I play Roller a bit, its annoying fighting ICs
Quite. I started losing my wrist over trying to mash out @.@

But anywho. GGs Berserker! Sorry I had to bring your destruction of Michigan players to an end. lol

Also, I think Marth is a solid choice vs ICs. If you're honestly considering the switch.
GGs indeed haha. I can't say how disappointed I was to know Lain was not there only to run into you ;_; But it's always good to get more experience in that MU. Thanks for the tips!

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
I would never go Marth vs IC's LOL
I mean unless i want to run away and just fair and look for a quick gimp on Nana then yea sure I'll go Marth.

I do good vs IC's as Ike so i don't mind them.

Also Mr.Doom:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I would never go Marth vs IC's LOL
I mean unless i want to run away and just fair and look for a quick gimp on Nana then yea sure I'll go Marth.

I do good vs IC's as Ike so i don't mind them.

Also Mr.Doom:

Only time you aren't running away with any character vs IC MU is when you are IC yourself.

Top Bottom