• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Moveset Discussion:

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Kill move at higher percents?

Kill move, or sets up for a kill?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Like his other double hitting move (dair), it does decent damage even at low percents, and on heavies at really low percents, you can follow up with dash -> grab/FP.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Come on guys... I thought that this would be interesting to discuss...

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
F-tilt is just a safer, faster form of F-smash pretty much.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
good surprise move, stabs shields well i guess. kill move at higher percents. decent range, fast. i like it.
I agree with Ftilt being a surprise move but disagree with some of your points. The only way I could see Ftilt getting a kill would be if you were near the side of the stage and used Ftilt and the person SD'd.

If I was to compare a move that was similar to Ftilt it would be Utilt because both all quick, deal decent damage and have no ability to kill.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ftilt is a pretty okay move. I use fsmash alot, so people get surprised when they expect me to fsmash but get a face full of ftilt instead, lol!

ckm

Smash Journeyman
does tilting ftilt downwards increase its ability to shieldpoke?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Not entirely sure, but probably since most people don't angle their shield downward. But ftilt is awesome for hitting people off the edge as well, since it actually overlaps.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
ive found that ftilt works well against characters who beat out our shfair. ness is a good example. Often ness will shfair every time I get within distance because they expect me to do the same and their fair wins. I have noticed that ftilt will often hit him as he does this. Has helped me a lot in this matchup.

I wouldnt recommend this move against anything other than a sh arial executed in close range though, as you'll likely get hit out of it otherwise.

The damage output is seriously pretty good on this move, and range is deceptive. Wish it had more shield pushback.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
If we're talking about characters that approach with sh aerials. Ftilt pretty much stops any approach that Kirby can do to you. Except Down-B of course, but imagine if it could....*day dreams*

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Any Kirby that APPROACHES with Stone has problems, LOL.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ftilt, I really like that if you can do a SH fair and then land to do this, the SH fair will sometimes fish out a retaliatory aerial that can be batted by ftilt, and I like it's better properties on shield than some of lucario's other moves (like utilt, which while is a fantastic move is horrible on block).
Also on heavies at very low percents, you can sometimes dash -> FP/grab, making it suitable for a low percent string of sorts.
Has good applications for some offensive, but is still a pretty defensive move, and can crudely be considered a "mini fsmash" due to some of it's properties, I love this tilt, I give it about a 8-8.5/10. Has some decently low endlag too, allowing for another attack to sometimes wedge its way in, making it good for an edgeguarding "bait" move at times.
Oh, and I agree that utilt should be next.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Angling allows you to change where the attacks hit. A character's shield might leave part of their body unprotected, so you can angle the ftilt to hurt them. You can angle them up, down, or leave neutral. Sort of like high, mid, and low. Usually, high does more damage, low does less. It also affects knockback.

Some fsmashes follow this principle. Luigi's fsmash is probably the best example.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Whoa...I completely forgot that this thread existed.

I'm kind of busy right now... brb

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Angling allows you to change where the attacks hit. A character's shield might leave part of their body unprotected, so you can angle the ftilt to hurt them. You can angle them up, down, or leave neutral. Sort of like high, mid, and low. Usually, high does more damage, low does less. It also affects knockback.

Some fsmashes follow this principle. Luigi's fsmash is probably the best example.
k cool thx :)

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Uptilt, its fast, covers Lucario, and makes a great juggler when not sweetspotted. it also happens to be able to lead to follow ups in case said sweetspot hits. however, it isnt safe on block, and as it seems, is also sparely used. I dont know about the rating yet.... (because i dont know much of its use XD )

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Utilt...it's his fastest move hitbox-wise, combo starter or into itself, has a small amount of IASA frames and an okay vertical kill move at high percents.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think the only "true" weakness this move has that's a general weakness of many utilts is that it's pretty unsafe on block. Very good move otherwise.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think the only "true" weakness this move has that's a general weakness of many utilts is that it's pretty unsafe on block. Very good move otherwise.
Unless you have Snake's utilt.

So dumb.

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
Utilt is Lucario's best out of shield option for hitting people that land behind him. I punish all sorts of things with it.
I'm quoting this for emphasis because at a recent tourney I went to, I was using this strategy to great effect. In fact, I realized I use utilt out of shield more often than I thought I did.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Since utilt starts behind Lucario and comes out the fastest, that's pretty much true, lol.

Top Bottom