• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Brothers League (SSBL)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Needed to what? Win?

I don't know what's best for other people. If you feel that gives you the best chance of winning, go for it.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Just letting people know the rules. That's what i would do against double lazers too though, and yea i don't necessarily see what you did as stalling, Surri. And as far as having a third party watch the match and determine stalling, for now I'm going to have to say only I can be that third party, for consistency (I don't really expect this to be invoked anyways). But people should know that if someone stalls, it is illegal. That's all.

Timer would be enforced by a third party.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I usually do p2p so not often a third person would be there.

I think the word "stalling" needs to be set apart from "defensive" before any kind of rules get set in place.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I never said anything about stalling...

I'm aggressive and I always chase campy people. I'm too impatient to camp them back, so theres really almost never a stalling issue in my matches since I always engage. I'd go to the other side of dreamland and laser for like 5 seconds then get impatient and run after him. That's probably the best strategy to beat me since I'll ALWAYS engage. But don't expect me to be happy for you or enjoy the matches, because I hate camping.

So there will almost never be a stalling issue in my matches. Like I've said like two times now he won fair and square. It's just not fun playing vs someone who spends 99% of the match double jumping on the top platforms (like surri and killer).

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I never said anything about stalling...

I'm aggressive and I always chase campy people. I'm too impatient to camp them back, so theres really almost never a stalling issue in my matches since I always engage. I'd go to the other side of dreamland and laser for like 5 seconds then get impatient and run after him. That's probably the best strategy to beat me since I'll ALWAYS engage. But don't expect me to be happy for you or enjoy the matches, because I hate camping.

So there will almost never be a stalling issue in my matches. Like I've said like two times now he won fair and square. It's just not fun playing vs someone who spends 99% of the match double jumping on the top platforms (like surri and killer).
Dont worry i was not accusing you of calling our match a stall...just seems funny that due to that match / our comments there's a "stalling rule" added / being enforced. Just wanna be clear i don't think I'm that bad lol..i did approach you, just always from above.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Surri and sheers match just got me thinking what would be the rule if someone did stall excessively. Never said anyone was guilty of it, just a rule clarification. Let's just forget about it because it will probably never come up.

Also as someone who has tried to do anything other than actually play smash, what's a .krec file and would I be able to view it on a standard video player?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Surri and sheers match just got me thinking what would be the rule if someone did stall excessively. Never said anyone was guilty of it, just a rule clarification. Let's just forget about it because it will probably never come up.

Also as someone who has tried to do anything other than actually play smash, what's a .krec file and would I be able to view it on a standard video player?
Krec files are the recorded playbacks the emulator (or kaillera client) creates when you click "record game" prior to starting a match.

As far as i know the only means of viewing them is through the kaillera play back system.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I really hope you did the America! matches while you were at it.

Otherwise I will DISAPPROVE.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
K supa is out. I've officially invited Atomic to replace him, and he said last week he would probably want to fill the spot. I'm going to let atomic play Supa's week 3 games. That accounts for 2 of the 3 unplayed games of week 3. The 3rd unplayed game was lima/shark, but lima replaced koro, so I'll give them an extension on this one.

We might actually have perfect participation for week 3, ballin.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
This ***** needs teams
That would be impressive if it could be organized. Getting 4 people to play at one time for EVERY match, I don't even wanna think about it. If someone wants to try it that would be awesome, though I'm not gonna touch that.

If anyone sees atomic, ask him if he wants in the league because I haven't heard from him yet. This goes especially for Nova, Battlecow and Sheer, because if he can't fill Supa's shoes you get Jaime in your division.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Damn Nova has decided he doesn't want to play in the league anymore. Which means we are on to #3 on the replacement list, Mr. JaimeHR. Already PM'd him to ask if he wants in, if anyone sees him ask him please. Also, I still having heard back from Atomic or seen him on, even though I told him last week I would let him know this Monday if there was a spot for him. If he doesn't get in touch with me soon, Agent 21 is next on the list, already PM'd him. Again if anyone knows any of the replacements and can speed up this process, that would be nice.

Anyone seen sharksquail in a while?

kys

Smash Ace
Week 4
kys defeats Lima 3-0
ggs

I gotta say I'm disappointed in all the dropouts. FINISH WHAT YOU START PEOPLE.

Lima beat me to it by a few secs, gg

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
Week 4
Kys beats Limaçon 3-0

The last contact I had with sharksquail was four days ago, I pm'ed him this morning so hopefully we can get a time agreed on.

[EDIT]: lol, ninja'd

sharksquail

Smash Ace
Sorry dudes, been real busy with IRL. I'm gonna get on Thursday at 1:00 PM EST.

EDIT: also might get on tonight.

:phone:

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
Week 3
Sharksquail beat Limaçon 3-0
ggs

[EDIT]: Teams would be cool, but I think all entrants would need to be vetted by TO's. If it consisted only of people who have a reputation for getting games done, I could see it working.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
@Limacon
Tried to email you earlier in the week, guess you didnt get it, but I just got your PM and PMed ya back. I have to leave for work today at 4, but if you are around let's get this game in before hand! other wise tomorrow afternoon or monday morning work for me too.

Sorry to post this here but you seem active on the thread lately and I don't wanna miss ya!!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I still have not gotten a confirmation from atomic if he wants to play for sure. I haven't seen him on the server either. I think I'm gonna give him until the end of the day to respond, then I'll have to move down the list to Agent 21.

Haven't heard from Jaime either, but he has until the end of Monday to reply. Peek, if you play him on monday for that rating kickoff event, ask him please? If Jaime doesn't want to play or doesn't respond, TJ is the next one in I believe (Star King is sooooo ready for someone else to drop out).

PlAy YoUr GaMeS! The people playing jaime or atomic have an excuse, but there are 6 other games that need to be played. C'mon guys more than halfway done after this week, hang in there!

Top Bottom