• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The manga was'nt created by father Samus, Gunpei yokei, so it's Metroid fiction for all i care, but the FE3 dark dragon is'nt a genaric dragon aswell, he speaks to Marth before he dies, so he's intelligent
He can talk so he's important? Dang...I guess Link shouldn't be allowed to be in if those are the criteria, now. And he's generic. Talking doesn't make him original. Almost every person you interact with in Zelda can talk, but they're still generic characters.

so if Ridley is smart enough to join why not Medues?, can you think why one over the other?
He has space pirate minions; he has a military rank; he's crafty and under-handed; he has a deep background and a bitter rivalry with Samus; he's appeared in nearly every Metroid game...He's anything but your "average dragon" or whatever you call it.
and...
"wall of text"
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2485517&postcount=1897

Del Money

Smash Champion
Ok now that aint n00b, its ********, u know why?

Ridley is the main enemy of samus, he killed his parents and is the lider of the galactic treath known as the space pirates, he has appeared in almost every metroid game except by 3, he is the most recurrent (sp?) character and is a fan favorite in both america and japan, and that is what smash is about, fanservice...

the other dragons dont have such a role, their only generic enemies u got to beat, and apepar ever so often, ridley is a one time boss per game, and is always the last boss u face before facing the final boss, he is very important to the series unlike the FEs dragons are to the other series...

By saying we should add every dragon in every franchise JUSTR because we added they add the 2nd most popular character of a series, who is a dragon, is like saying:

OMG PIKACHU IS IN, LETS ADD RAICHU, RATATA, RATICATE, PICHU, PLAUSLE AND MINUM!!1!!
OMG BOWSER IS IN KOOPA, BLASTIOSE, SQUIRTLE, WARTORTLE, HAMMER BROS, GaWS TURTLE ARE IN!!1!!
pretty much yeah
The reason Ridley is an exception from all the other dragons is because it is Samus' rival and everyone already has a rival in Smash.
except falcon,DK,pikachu,yoshi,ness,fox (i dont count falco as one),G&W,mewtwo...**** its a really long list, but otherwise the first part is true
..........Huh?
he means stop complaining when boobs stare at your eyes. thats the last thing youd ever see me complain about

the grim lizard

Smash Master
all I'm saying is that you and stickers have different ideas and you should just stop wasting posts about it. no offense.
what's all this about anyway?
you both are just repeating the same thing. If you really want to change someting you're wasting your time arguing
"wasting posts"..."repeating the same thing"...what would you call it that you're doing??

Stryks

Smash Hero
FE3 dark dragon is'nt a genaric dragon aswell, he speaks to Marth before he dies, so he's intelligent, so if Ridley is smart enough to join why not Medeus?, can you think why one should be in over the other?
Because there are more improtant character in FE:

Micaiah
Black Knight
Marth
Lyn
Hector
Ike
Marth

and so on, while in the metroid series there are only 3 major characters:

Samus
Ridley
Dark samus

There are a LOT of character to which to choose from of the FE seres, and only a handful in the metroid series, Ridley is the obvious choice, why u ask? samus main enemy and rival, has the 2nd most appearances and is popular in japan and america...

while ur dragon dude aint as popular, or aint as important in comparison, just because theyre dragons u cant really compare them to which shold be in cause theyre not from the same series, compare the dragon with Ike, black knight and Micaiah, and U'll see hes a minor character in comparison...

while compare ridley with other metroid characters that aint samus, and U have a winner: Ridley...

Comparing ridley with other dragons is like comparing link with Ike, and since Link is alreay added Ike shouldnt be in... which is, like I said, ********...

007flash

Smash Journeyman
except falcon,DK,pikachu,yoshi,ness,fox (i dont count falco as one),G&W,mewtwo...**** its a really long list, but otherwise the first part is true
Ididn't mean literealy everyone, just a lot of them:

(Dr.)Mario,Luigi,Peach,Yoshi=Bowser
(Young)Link,Zelda=Ganondorf
Kirby=Metaknight
Pikachu,Pichu,Jigglpuff=Mewtwo

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Ridley is still a dragon, a boss, being popular, nor being Samus's enemy will him make playable, just the same way Captain falcon's enemy samuri goroh is'nt playable

Del Money

Smash Champion
and Grim Lizard for the pwn...might probably take Stryks' job one day. oh speaking of Stryks'
Alpha I dare u to comment
ill take that dare. i can see one part of Alpha n00b's argument that holds water and thats the fact that Ridley could simply just be a boss, though unlikely seeing as Bowser was both a boss and a character in melee. unless of course Dark Samus becomes playable and not just a costume change for Samus, i would bet Ridley is playable. the Ridley boss music instantly had an effect of making everyone believe he was an instant shoe-in even though it could just be a samus level in which Ridley suffers the Tom-Nook fate but once again thats unlikely

apart from that, the fact that you thinking Ridley's physique hinders his playability in brawl means you obviously have not played melee and dont know who Bowser is or havent seen the intro scene to it. Ridley was a decent size, maybe DK's size at the largest. so stop being ignorant and thinking you know something we dont by telling us your "fact" that Ridley wont be playable

EDIT: i say "no" to your AT theory, thats just not happening. i dont care about goroh. screw goroh...Blackshadow is falcon's real enemy. Bloodfalcon too. once they both become ATs ill consider it

007flash

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley isn't a playable character in Brawl, he is almost garunteed to be an assist trophy.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Captain Falcon has like 10 rivals...whereas Ridley is Samus's arch nemesis. Falcon has so many because he is in the bounty hunter business but more importantly because he is a racer. And can you really compare the F-zero series and the Metroid series? They're two completely different types of games...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Puh...this is getting old, now.

For those who still haven't entered the photo contest, please do. And, if you're not confident in your dragon drawing skills, I suggest you check out this video:

Don't forget the consummate v's...

Del Money

Smash Champion
Ididn't mean literealy everyone, just a lot of them:

(Dr.)Mario,Luigi,Peach,Yoshi=Bowser
(Young)Link,Zelda=Ganondorf
Kirby=Metaknight
Pikachu,Pichu,Jigglpuff=Mewtwo
you still consider Mewtwo the enemy? didnt he become good at the end of the first pokemon movie? wow so long ago...
If Ridley isn't a playable character in Brawl, he is almost garunteed to be an assist trophy.
possibly, but to give an AT their own musical theme is a little much
Captain Falcon has like 10 rivals...whereas Ridley is Samus's arch nemesis. Falcon has so many because he is in the bounty hunter business but more importantly because he is a racer. And can you really compare the F-zero series and the Metroid series? They're two completely different types of games...
yes Captain Falcon has 10 rivals NOT 10 arch-nemesises (wrong plural form i know). he has 1 arch-nemesis and the fact that theyre different types of games doesnt change that. so like i said before the status of Blackshadow (assuming hes even in) would serve as a good indication of Ridley's possibilities for AT. if hes not in then it doesnt change anything
Then an AT it shall be! (or boss, i'm cool with either one)
and yet youre not cool with playable? you afraid Ridley might be too much a challenge for you?

*points to Grim Lizard's last post*
Ridley's not even all that big relative to Samus, so what's the fuss about?

SIDE NOTE: this is the Ridley discussion thread. how the heck is discussion about Ridley "annoying". especially when yesterday the clouds was the center of complaints. pick your poison, dammit

Vali

Smash Ace
Ridley is still a dragon, a boss, being popular, nor being Samus's enemy will him make playable, just the same way Captain falcon's enemy samuri goroh is'nt playable
I mean after all it didn't help Ganondorf in any way did it.

Vali

Smash Ace
Dammit!!!! I'm gone for two hours and I miss a good, old fashioned noob lynching? Ahh man.
There's plenty of candy to beat out of the noob pinata yet Gypsy. The only problems on this forum is there is no town hall with a nearby tree by which the lynching needs to take place.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yeah and bowser wotn be added cause hes a boss and a fire breathing turtle...

Wait...
I mean after all it didn't help Ganondorf in any way did it.
not that i can see guy, nope
I stand corrected.
sigh, if only people could say that more often

Vali

Smash Ace
I think what you're not getting is that he's the 2nd most important character and first most recurring character besides Samus in the Metroid franchise. He's the arch nemesis in the game, being the nemesis to the main character, and his involvement in Samus' past and the fact that he's the leader of the Space Pirates and a sentient being projects him much higher than "just a boss". Neither Kraid or Draygon have anywhere near the same involvement or significance in the story and if there's going to be a second Metroid representative it'll be Ridley. He is to Metroid what Ganondorf is to Zelda and saying that he's no more important than a lowly Space Pirate shows how rediculous your understanding of him is. Can you please stop lowering the IQ of the human population please?

Del Money

Smash Champion
You people don't get it.... he is a boss enemy only, just like Kraid, or Draygon.
...and just like Bowser. kraid is also the size of an entire level. and if Ridley was the typical one-game-only boss enemy that you seem to be implying then he wouldnt be in MOST IF NOT EVERY single Metroid game.

youre fighting a losing battle, Alpha. Ridley is the last character to officially count as a non-playable. he has his own musical theme so that essentially rules him out as an AT unless ATs come with a built-in musical box. if Blackshadow...capt. falcon ONLY nemesis becomes an AT, then Ridley may be considerable as one too. but Goroh doesnt phase my opinion one bit. thats all there is to it, so stop arguing blindly

Vali

Smash Ace
It's not my fault you're stupid. IT'S YOU'RE FAULT.
Wow congratulations. You managed to respond to one sentence of my paragraph, the one which wasn't only partially on topic, and managed to respond to it with a grammatical error. Now if you'd like to say something non-******** for once and try and actually give proper reasons against my arguments, that'd be a different manner. I don't really see it happening.

*crickets chirping*
<3

*tumbleweed*

Also <3 Gypsy for "The Incredible Giant Douche" part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom