• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 Combo Video - I'm Tired of Being SICK

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I just uploaded my first combo video. Let me know what you think.

I did it mostly because I'm in Egypt and the internet is off and on so I can only play online sporadically. A lot of the combos aren't anything special, not even original, but there are a few that I think are cool. Especially the last combo with Mario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xylU94EGOz4

-MR

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually from Virginia, I'm just studying abroad in Egypt for the semester.

Thanks for the compliments.

-MR

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
nice combos. i'm trying to make a combo vid of my own and i noticed you recorded using camstudio. so i went and downloaded that, however, it makes pj64 run sooooo slowly for me. is there any way to configure it so it's closer to actual game speed

_kSo_

Smash Master
yea i have that same problem with my computer. its so slow and it wont record anywhere close to game speed. which is why most of my videos are made with a digital camera facing the tv :)

Anyway, great vid, nice combos. everything was really good! keep it up!

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Well when I record it, the size is around 320x240, and I don't record the sound, and the quality is not that great, but I keep the fps high. I do occasionally get slowed up, but usually just when I enter a match, and it only lasts for about 5 seconds. Since I'm in Egypt I'm playing on my laptop, which is a MacBook, so I use Boot Camp and play on Windows XP. My MacBook is a pretty good computer, maybe yours isn't too up to date? I don't know, I can look at my settings when I boot to XP later, if you still need the help.

-MR

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
i was wondering if anyone knows the exact timing to tornado spike down? i saw it in your video marioreincarnate, which was very nice by the way.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
thanks. yeah, didn't think 320x240 vs. 600x400 or so would make as much of a difference as it makes. i'll post some vids later.

_kSo_

Smash Master
you just have to mash B during the mario tornado so that mario rises just enough that his feet are at the opponent's head. it varies on different characters. You just gotta test it out in training mode and figure out what works for you

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
thanks. yeah, didn't think 320x240 vs. 600x400 or so would make as much of a difference as it makes. i'll post some vids later.
It makes a huge difference for most computers. If you're lagging when recording put it to 320x240 and even slower computers can record the game flawlessly. It just sucks playing with such a small resolution.

Btw. hypercam 2.0 works better than camstudio for slow computers. It gives more quality for less processing power.

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
Just watched the vid man, nice stuff. My personal favs were the Fox & Ness. I'm still trying to get to the point where I can actually use DJC's in an actual battle, haha. Looking forward to smashing w/ you in cville!

Mekanos

Smash Cadet
Very innovative combo's. Always a pleasure to watch some new inspirational combo's.

We had some gg's going last time.

Good job and keep up the good work. :cool:

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
That combo 100+ hit on Falcon was WOW! To think I've been playing this game for nearly a decade and didn't even figure that Tornado juggle out! >_< Kudos!

malva00

Smash Master
wasn't royalcatmando from egypt?

or maybe Israel instead since I found a royalcatmando deviantart page and that's what it says there maybe the same guy

Top Bottom