• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I was going to have a meeting with TSA tonight about it but...

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I might as well come out with it.

I'll be quitting The Smash Affiliates, and included with that, the competitive gaming community.

Sorry, but I've gotten so busy with life in general that I just don't have time anymore.

Don't get me wrong - I still love this game and I'll play it casually, but I just can't find myself doing any more events or traveling anywhere to play in any tournaments.

I'll be around to moderate once in awhile. I'm currently talking to the staff to see if I can keep this position, though I won't be online a lot.

In the meantime, maybe we'll see you guys again soon.

Cheers.

EDIT - Everyone in TSA: at the meeting tonight, I'll give you guys the information about who's going to watch over the next TSA thread as well as someone who can make a new SMASHTALITY thread. Please try to make it.

I have an appointment with a client at 3-4:30, so please don't call me during that time. I will NOT answer the phone.

what the hell, that sucks..

but then again i do understand. Sometimes you dont have enough time. You should come back when you do.

You ran good tounies and stuff, and helped out a lot here in nyc. Thanks a lot.

I hope this is an april fools....

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I'm completely serious, JFox.

I couldn't make it to the biweekly yesterday, I haven't been playing for 3 weeks because my smash disc is broken in half, and I'm starting to lose interest in being a part of the community only because my life outside of it is starting to blossom.

You can ask any member of TSA - I haven't had time for it at all.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I'm going to have to.

My new job requires me to have appointments all the time. Yesterday, I chose to do the appointments instead of going to the biweekly.

Normally, I would have gone to the biweekly, but I feel like things have changed for me for the past few weeks or so. I really like the job and I'm making good money. In return, I need to sacrifice thattime I used for smash to make my job performance as optimal as possible, meaning more money that I can use and save for the future.

I just see this as a better opportunity. I hate to feel like I'm betraying or abandoning any of you guys, because you know I always feel like TSA is family.

But I have to start walking my own path now.

You guys will be fine without me. I've trained some of you to be handle situations that you couldn't possibly a year or so ago.

Sensei asked me yesterday if I was quitting. I said, "Heck no!" out of reaction. But ever since he mentioned it, I've really started to think about where I need to start going in life.

Anyway, we'll talk more at the meeting. Please be there.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm really sad to read this. I never really got to know you that well woz, and I just came into the group. But I can understand how life is and you have to do what you have to do. I want to come to the meeting but I have no way of getting there today and I have a lot of things to do myself. I'm sorry and I hope I still see you every so often. And I'll help out in any way possible if needed.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
i was a little afraid when you pulled me and my bro out after the meeting last night, but i want you to know that we we're here to support you. i understand why you feel burntout so just let the rest of tsa handle things for a bit and relax a bit, hopefully you'll feel get some energy back after your vacation

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
So I'm gonna try and make the meeting tonight buuuuut I dont know where Woz lives, so anybody care to tell me?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Andrew you quitting has no effect on our friendship.

If this is april fool's then it's cool. If not then that's cool too.

It's your life. Do what you gotta do.

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
pika pikaaaa pika chu chu pikachu. pika pika.... pika chu. chu chu pika chu... pika... pika chu. chu pi pikaaa pi pi pika chu. pikachu pika pikaaaaa.... chu chu pikaaaa chu...

pikaaaa... chu chu pika.

chu chu pika chu chu. pikachu pi pika. pikachu.

pika chuuuuuu...

EDIT: pika pika pikachu chuu...

dmbrandon

Smash Master
pika pikaaaa pika chu chu pikachu. pika pika.... pika chu. chu chu pika chu... pika... pika chu. chu pi pikaaa pi pi pika chu. pikachu pika pikaaaaa.... chu chu pikaaaa chu...

pikaaaa... chu chu pika.

chu chu pika chu chu. pikachu pi pika. pikachu.

pika chuuuuuu...

EDIT: pika pika pikachu chuu...
You edited more in there?

That's too funny. I award bill 3 internets, and a chocolate bar.

And again, starting to believe WoZ, but Sensei goes and says LOL at the end.

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
woz everyone is gonna miss you way too much. I know TSA is in good hands. your encouragement and help is one of the reasons i've grown so much over the past year as a player. ur a great guy and hopefully you will still come to biweeklies and events when you can to see your friends. good luck with everything and keep being a cool dude.

D

Deleted member

wozzy I'm going to need to borrow Mud when you come here. I'm still looking for bowser players to be part of the bowser challenge.

does anyone ever call you candyman andy? >_>

JFox

Smash Hero
It's April 2nd, and you still haven't said "April Fools"... I'm beginning to worry :(

eff that, im still skeptical. you wont make a fool outa me....

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
eh? his admin status is gone, he has edited all the threads he's created under his name, and he locked the past tsa thread. i dont think its april fools.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Well, when all good smasher leave you give a proper fair-well. I guess if anyone would care and join in a solute and standing ovation i suppose. I only wish I got to actually know you WoZ.

::Stands up straight and solutes::

Adios WoZ.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
This isn't april fools dudes.

I was at his house yestersay. We talked about it.

He and I consider each other brothers. When we talked it was very emotional and we hugged. Andrew would love to stay as the leader of TSA, but life is bearing down on him.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
WoZ I know you are busy, but you should still stop by if you can at the TSA biweeklies or something.

Without WoZ, the Game of smash is a little less fun.

You will always be Hot and Amazing in my eyes.

Bailey

Smash Hero
NO darn it I love WoZ, he was one of the reasons I got good because I played him at my first tournament and he ***** me badly, but WoZ I know what you mean. Over the summer when I quit smash because of football I didn't miss it as much as I thought. I got back into it fast but it was weird at first. This is your choice but I couldn't quit the game now because I love meeting the people who play it I love the competition in the air at tournaments I love hosting tournaments even though no one shows up. This is your choice WoZ GOD SPEED WOZ GOD SPEED.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Darn...this is indeed a sad moment, but I can understand =/. Too bad though, as I've never gotten to face you :p

But seriously, though TSA and several others misses you as leader (including myself), we all understand your responsibilities. Even though, I hope I still get to hang out with you and get some tips for smash. And hell, who knows, maybe when your life loosens a bit of time, you could consider of coming back to being leader ^^

JFox

Smash Hero
saw it coming. i was never made a fool of :)

BTW the tip off- you putting your name in blue as if you lost your mod powers, and yet your name was still in the mods list.

Top Bottom