• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashtality III - June 2nd-3rd SSB64 Thread

Sensei

Smash Lord

1220 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470
973-709-0075 (Ask for Chris/Angel, Woz)

This is a 2 day Melee/SSB64 tournament. SSB64 is tentative to run on the second day which is Sunday June 3rd, 2007
Here is the original thread.

Bus Information
:
You can take the bus from the Port Authority and head down to the Willowbrook Mall/Park. I can make personal trips to pick you guys up from there. The bus #s that take that route would be 193 194 and 197. I think 195 might be one of them also. If you're coming from somewhere else, just take that bus to the Willowbrook Mall/Park, but the Bus # might be different.

It would be helpful if you could all be at the Mall before 12:30 PM if you plan on taking the bus. I believe that the last train to leave the Port Authority and arrive at the mall before 12:30 PM would be 11:00 AM on bus 197 and it would arrive at the mall by 11:30 AM. If anybody is planning on taking the bus let me know in this thread so I can have an estimate on how many people will fit in my car and how many trips I need to make. If you need to contact me, call the store first and if you cant reach me there, call my Cell at 973-476-4217.

Entry Fee:
1v1 $15
2v2 $20 per team

Prizes: (40% of the prizes will go to the store, the rest given to the players in the following percentages)

Singles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Doubles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Date: Sunday June 3, 2007
Registration Begins: 10 AM
Tournament Starts: 11 AM
Doubles first
15 Min break
Then Singles
Tournament ends: 4-5PM

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•5 stock, 10 min Time limit
•Team Attack On
•No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages/Characters:
••Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
••If a player plays Ness, he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.
••All other stages banned
••First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind may be called in the first match

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
--You can buy a brand new first party controller here or you can try and find a new or used controller at your local game stores or Ebay.

*Both sets of rules are subject to change at ANYTIME

If you have noticed, I took out Dave's Stupid Rule for this tournament because there are not enough stages for that.

Also, please try to help us out and bring setups! N64, SSB64 cartridge, VCR, extra controllers etc... We have enough TVs, so you don't have to bring any TVs! This will help our tournament run a lot smoother. Thanks!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Florida to New Jersey isnt that far when its summer vacation so get over here no johns
It is when you're working full time and still probably won't have the money to go. However I do know that my crew wants to go to a big melee tourney in the north. I'd say theres about a 1% chance I go to this. You never know.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Darn, I'm going to be doing an internship in Hong Kong. I really want to go though lol.

EDIT: Sensei, don't slack on the vids. :D

valoem

Smash Journeyman
It is when you're working full time and still probably won't have the money to go. However I do know that my crew wants to go to a big melee tourney in the north. I'd say theres about a 1% chance I go to this. You never know.
nice i always wanted to play you in person

moogle

Smash Ace
SheerMadness, you'd better go. I'm working full-time too!

Right now, I'll put my chances of going above 50%. I've been avoiding you guys for too long. ;)

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Dunno. Have to wait and see. xD

My arms hurt. Allergy shots bite. -_-

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
who da ***! i got no beef with u dawg cuz i dnt wanna get banned BUT UR ASKING FOR it!! Dnt make me pwn ur falcon u nub!
lol.

my first qualm with this reply is the blatant disregard for the english language. i imagine that if annie proulx happened upon this statement while she was casually surfing the internet, she would immediately run to time's square, cover herself in gasoline, and light herself on fire.

secondly, my falcon is good.

and nobody say anything differently, please. i have very bad self confidence issues and if you criticize my falcon, i know i'll go into a huge losing slump indefinitely. so please everyone, especially you, mr. tigerbombz, don't say anything mean, especially not in that uber 1337 speak of yours.

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
ooo, maybe i can finally go to one of these! I really want to play with you guys & finally see what it's like after watching the videos here for so long. i'd say a 50% chance that I'll make it, depending on what some of my friends say.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
ooo, maybe i can finally go to one of these! I really want to play with you guys & finally see what it's like after watching the videos here for so long. i'd say a 50% chance that I'll make it, depending on what some of my friends say.
I might go, since I start work in NYC on the 4th. And screw your friends if they don't want to go... we are your REAL friends.

-MR

Sensei

Smash Lord
I am going to try and make this the biggest SSB64 tournament yet! I'm going to try and get international players from Mexico, Canada, etc... Platinum Kirby might make an appearance. This tournament is going to be off the chain.

jayrico

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna try to make it to this one and get obliterated like the last time I went...but still fun

felix45

Smash Lord
Can we get a projected pot? I may fly in from texas if I can find a teams partner because I know my chances at singles are none (for prize money I mean)

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
okay so if I'm driving into the city, would I want to do the mall/bus thing or just park at the place?

Sensei

Smash Lord
okay so if I'm driving into the city, would I want to do the mall/bus thing or just park at the place?
What do you mean driving into the city? New York City? Well, I see you are from Virginia. If you are driving from Virginia, it wouldn't make sense to go to the city first then come here since the city is farther away. You can just park here in the lot; there is plenty of parking here.

felix45 said:
Can we get a projected pot? I may fly in from texas if I can find a teams partner because I know my chances at singles are none (for prize money I mean)
It is hard to say what the pot will be since this is the first time I am running the SSB64 alongside a Melee one. Usually, my normal SSB tournament get around 16 participants for singles and around 8 for teams. Since this is running alongside a Melee tournament, I'm estimating we will get more participants than usual because Smashtality II had around 80 entries for singles and Smashtality III is projected to have over 100, some of those melee players might enter the SSB64 tournament. I'm assuming you're asking the projected pot for teams. Well since teams has a lower entry fee than singels and is a little more laid back, most melee players might enter teams for fun (so you should be able to find a team partner np). I'm estimating probably around 16 teams for this. Total pot for teams would be around $192. First place would get $125, 2nd $50, and 3rd $20.

felix45

Smash Lord
ah is that so? that seems like a losing venture for me then so far. Costs too much to fly out there.

If you can try to get more people to come out I'll see what I can do about flying up to new jersey.

felix45

Smash Lord
about $150 if I fly southwest (cheapest airline flying out of the dallas/fort worth area) would be my loss.

If I save up and gave myself a vacation for the whole week I may but I dont really know anyone up north aside from my grandparents who will probably be in maryland sailing or something. that and short notice to parents wouldn't go over too well with them. I wouldn't really rule me going as a possibility now that i look at the flight prices.

malva00

Smash Master
you're not going to gain any money from ssb64 tournys unless you live close to one

or some random kid tries to make you play his millionaire friends for thousands of dollars and he pays for your entrance

felix45

Smash Lord
yeah that is true it seems. I guess I'll have to start hosting tourneys of my own or something. I wouldn't mind a vacation in jersey but like I said earlier it would only be me and that would be a bit boring IMO. I'd have to hang out with someone while I was on vacation.

Hey millionare kids will you play me plz?

hehe

valoem

Smash Journeyman
you're not going to gain any money from ssb64 tournys unless you live close to one

or some random kid tries to make you play his millionaire friends for thousands of dollars and he pays for your entrance
ROFLAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
hmm Sensei, you should convince Malva to come...

then you could set it up so that anyone can play him,
50 cents or a dollar per life

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Felix where in DFW are you at? We should play when I go home for the summer, I have more than a month before and after I go to Hong Kong.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Looks really sweet. Sensei i wouldn't mind playing you again.

And felix if you go. I just might have to show up for a chance to finaly play you.

Top Bottom