• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Origin of your User-Name

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
So, I've seen quite a few interesting user-names out there. Some original, and others not so much. But our user names are reflections of ourselves. They're like little pieces of us that we share with others. I'm curious as to where other people's user names come from and why they pick them.

**I don't know if there are any other threads like this. I did a search and didn't find anything simiilar**

I'll start.. my explaination is kinda lame, but okay.. whatever..

For most people, their four letter tag comes from their full Gamer's tag.. for me it was opposite..

I first started with [X3LS].. [X3LS] was just two ways of saying the same thing.. the [X3] came from <3.. <3 is a heart, but X3 is an X'd out heart.. [LS] stands for "love sucks".. I chose to base my gamer tag on that because back then I was a hopeless romantic.. like the song goes "i would do anything for love" Wanting a relationship was all i wanted back then.. so i made my tag something that reflected my feelings at the time..

(( but that was way back when.. now i'm with my boy freind Spence and we've been happily together for almost 4 months now..<3 <3 <3 <3 <3))

anyway.. that's how i came up with my 4 letter smash tag... and i'd used that for a while.. Then i found SmashBoards.. i wanted to sign up, but i didn't like the look of X3LS.. it seemed too short and it reminded me of a barcode.. so i expanded it to make................................ X-Threilyss (pronounced THRAY-liss)

((my other choice was going to be [3P0] which translates to --> Proud Peach Player, Zero Wins

and thats the story of my user name.. X_x ...Hope you enjoy..

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Xsyven, eh? I made it up when I was like... twelve, or something.

I really hate names like 'RockerKyd33', so I made one up. It's not a word, and there's no letters-- yet it's crazy enough to be internet worthy.

The thing is, I've yet to meet anyone that can say it right. Zigh-ven.

Spot

Smash Cadet
When I got my first DS, I had to come up with a name for it. I wanted something short. I came up with Spot because I guess I didn't think about it for very long. I've been using that as a screenname/id ever since then.

Rage.

Smash Ace
When I was younger I has a all black hoody
the only words on it were Rage. in red letters
I wore it all the time
everyone seemed to make it my thing
and Ive always had anger problems

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
KALMETAM just reflects on my real name.(kalmetam is not my last name though) ... I like it backwards (MATEMLAK), I think that's cool. I'm starting to want to change my name, too bad I can't.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
well i wanted to start to play smash competivly after watching pros play and i saw that they had names with 4 letters so i was at a friends house and i just thought of it instanlly it was kool and 4 letters perfect. and 16 is my favorite number but i added a 0 infront of it for like a code number like lets say idk 117 lol. But in smash i just use Fade

brdy_

Smash Lord
My real name is Brady, and in Smash you can only have a four letter name. That's where it originated. BRDY has stuck with me everywhere, from Halo to Counter-Strike and other games. Even my girlfriend's little sister calls me Brdy (pronounced like birdie).

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I like Red and I own people so much sometimes they run from me [exodus- a mass migration of people] in certain games, espeically smash, so I came up with Red [my favorite colour] Exodus [pwnage].

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Another one..

I got it from Lord of the Rings, though I dislike the name now. I

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I was in Seattle visiting my relatives.
During the time I was there I went to the salon to get a hair cut.
When I was there i noticed that the salon was filled with attractive young Japanese girls.
(; ° ⌂°)=3 pant pant
Anyways, while I was getting my haircut, this hobo came into the salon
saying that he was a janitor at the local University
and he just got his paycheck so he was wondering if any of the girls
wanted to go bowling with him and spend some money.
Of course I laughed and he got kicked out.
I also main with Luigi so it worked out I guess.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
I have some strange fetish with Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking glass. But I actually know where the "mad hatter" name came from. In the 20's workers in a hat factory used mercury to stiffen the bills. The hat would come to the "hatters" and they would dip it in the mercury then run it through their teeth in order to give in a nice crease. I think you know where this is going.

Chakra

Smash Cadet
When I was young I used to play Metroid games like crazy, and when I didn't understand how the beam worked, my friend stopped trying to explain and called it Chozo Chakra and it stuck to this day. ;)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well obviously my name is not original but when I was first obsessed with getting to play as Giga Bowser (which he isn't that great) I had chose his name but now I think it's really lame

Smash Master
I'm one of those nerd people. When I was younger (about 2nd grade), I started memorizing powers of two. I got up to 2^20 or 1048576 on the first day I took up the task. After about two weeks I stopped filling my brain with that useless information and promptly forgot about all the powers of 2 after 1048576.

I

i8waffles612

i8waffles612:

i8waffles.... I LOVE waffles. Its like "I ate waffles" And i think the most waffles i have ever eaten in 1 day was 8...

612- my birthday . June 12

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I wanted to use "Fatal" as my smash tag (but it only allows 4 characters/letters only...) then I realized that I couldn't fit it in because it's 5 characters so i shortened/abbreviated it to "F8AL".

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Well, Kada (pronounced Kay-duh) was a character that I made up a looong time ago when I RPed on another forum of mine. I was a really crappy RPer back then, who would come in on an 150 page RP, and suddenly my character would appear and solve all the problems in one post.

All the way through grades 6, 7 and 8 for every story writing assignment I did in school, I used the same characters that were from that old RP, even though I hadn't been a part of it for years. And of course, Kada was always the main character.

I used gamecube_king as my online name for the longest while, but that's really uber lame, so I decided that I would use Kada for my name. Now on all my forums that are less than a year old, I'm Kada =P It just so happens that Kada is four letters long too, perfect for a Smash bros. tag :lick:

My vision of Kada has evolved over the years. He used to be a teacher at a swords training academy, who had no shirt on, and wore black spandex pants O_o. Now that I've gotten older, I've given him a better persona, with a hooded cloak, plenty of throwing weapons, and possibly a scythe. I haven't decided on his weapon of choice yet <_<. If I were to compare him to any character from any book, movie or video game, he acts alot like Auron from FFX, or Zack from FFVII. Quiet, yet re-assuring. As of this moment I'm starting to write my fourth story about Kada, this time It's not for school, and I'm not using any of the other old RP characters, instead I'm using all the characters that my friends have made...

And nice Sonic fanart, Volrec. I can't draw for the life of me, but my friend still draws tons of Sonic fanart. ;)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Played Chrono Trigger and experianced its uberness. Found Chrono Cross and enjoyed its uberness even more than CT (yeah I liked CC more than CT get over it =P). Completed the cycle by beating a translated Radical Dreamers ROM. Went into a crazy Chrono series obsession and starting reading/researching mutiple story arcs, crazy time branches and myriad trivial relationships between the games and the different realities they represent. End prounounless anecdote.

So yeah, I <3 the chrono series, Cross more than teh other two, and as such I picked FrozenFlame to be my new screen name "base" as I like to call it. All that means is that I use it everywhere it isn't taken, and if it is I just throw 751 (or other numbers) on the end. Don't ask why 751, because I honestly don't know. XD As an added bonus, my screen name is also a nice little oxymoron. Yay!

DonuttTemp

Smash Rookie
I strangled a family of force-sensitives and took their name.

EDIT: For my real account.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
F-Falco
S-Samus
L-Luigi
M-Marth
J-Jigglypuff
M-Mario

These are the first 6 main characters I used. I use more than that now.

SkiMaskSkeet

Smash Cadet
Well after my emo phase when I was 13 I switched from my "DarkBlood" to a more early highschoolers humor and out came Skimaskskeet. I have since switched to LiViD but meh I dont feel like creating a new account.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
Well i tried to make Giggity but it was takin so i made up a rediculous name similar to giggity, giggidax. it sounds mechanic sort of. or maybe im just stupid oh well.

i got giggity from one of my fav shows i use to watch back in the day, i still catch it on tv sometimes if i feel like it. this guy quagmire always says things like "giggity awwwright" or some other silly stuff that i found amusing.

family guy is always fun to watch when ur bored. ive actually been thinking of a better, more epic name but i cant think of any. ill just stick to giggity for now. if i go to tournaments then ill put my name down as giggity. gamer tag = gigz
i want a cooler name -__-

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
mine is simple, my intials, minus my middle one, then i added Ninja at the end for some apparant reason. i think it sounds nice together.

D

Deleted member

Delorted! = Coach Z saying Deleted!

Homestarrunner ftw

On Warcraft 3 you can't have !'s so I used a 1 instead. This was when I thought sticky caps were cool.

And Del is a reference to Del tha funkee homosapien, a pro rapper..it's in my sig

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
When I played StarCraft online my name was Scary_Monkey. I joined a clan on there, and the name didn't fit with the added tags, so I had to shorten it to ScaryMunky. Just used the name ever since.

The name Scary Monkey was taken from the cartoon 'Invader Zim', in which Gir often watches a television show called 'The Scary Monkey Show'.

The End.

edit: I never associate this name with my smash tag, as I rarely use one, and when I do, I use NATE (my name).. but if I used this one I guess it'd be MNKY or MUNK.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
choknat = name of a dog my extended family owned when i was little (in the philippines)

choknat57 = aim sn i had as a youngster

choknater = my cousin once called me "choknater" on a whim while i had choknat57. on that same whim, i created the name. after registering to smashboards and posting so much, it just kinda stuck.

Martelinj

Smash Apprentice
My irl-name (Marte) + Linj, which I invented when I played zelda, and was going to write "Link" in the name entry box. I missed the button, and it turned out like "Linj"

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
My name comes from several sources:
One of my favorite professional athletes is a discus thrower named Virgilijus Alekna, and I always thought his name was incredibly awesome. Also, I am a big fan of old Roman poets, especially Virgil. And I also like Dante Alghieri (who wrote The Divine Comedy in which Virgil was his helpful guide through Hell.

And for any one wondering how to pronounce it, the "j" is silent.

I have also been tempted to shorten it to Virg, which is what most people tend to call me, but as of right now I'm sticking with Virgilijus.

Top Bottom