• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*What Was Originally Believed to be a New Jigglpuff Edge-hog Technique, But Wasn't*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliq

Smash Master
Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl1aiC84lGk

To do this, you basically just sing right as Jigglypuff runs off of the ledge. It is a lot like Link's up-b cancel. This works the best at YS because of the slanted floor, but it also works elsewhere.

Another video on FD, showing some of its uses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHTmtaogEHI

This is relatively easy on YS, but it gets trickier on other stages because you can kill yourself if you get too far away from the ledge, and it is risky, but it could ultimately help Jiggs a lot for edeguarding certain characters.

Discuss.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
hmm I will agree it is new to me at least but I don't know if the move is better than say WDing off and grabbing. It is new though and probably useful but WDing for me is a safer bet as you can see in some instances of the 2nd vid.

Sliq

Smash Master
The only problem is that you have to be facing towards the stage to WD back. This way you can run straight to the edge. Basically you use it to get on the stage fast. IF you have plenty of time to get to the edge, sure, WD is much better. This is to be used as a mindgame.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Looks pretty sexy to me. IMHO is WD not that effective for long distances, since it's a very short WD our little pink balloon has. Very nice :)

KRule

Smash Cadet
ive been doing this for a while, yea, but also its useful for when people are edgegaurding u, u can put em to sleep then rest :)

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
It's not new, and unless you know that you can get it 100% of the time, it's not worth trying it. Cuz if you miss it, it either means you fall down to your death, or you end up singing on the stage, very close to the edge, so if your at average % it could mean death or just a free hit.

Sliq

Smash Master
It's not new, and unless you know that you can get it 100% of the time, it's not worth trying it. Cuz if you miss it, it either means you fall down to your death, or you end up singing on the stage, very close to the edge, so if your at average % it could mean death or just a free hit.
On Yoshi's Story it is IMPOSSIBLE to kill yourself with this move because of the slanted edges. Worst case scenario is that you sing on the ledge. However, you can kill yourself on other stages (as shown in my other video). While it is risky, it can still be implemented, albeit you will probably have other options that would be more successful. Ultimately, if you practice this enough, you should have no problem doing it consistently (at least on YS). It isn't really that hard.

I'm sort of skeptical on the non-newness of this since I have never heard of this before...I'm not saying you're lying, but I'd like to see some proof. Skepticism runs in my blood, so don't take this personally.

ive been doing this for a while, yea, but also its useful for when people are edgegaurding u, u can put em to sleep then rest :)
You're wording makes me believe that you did not actually look at the videos, and assumed them to be the ledge-hop sing cancel, because 1.) you claim to be doing this for a while, but I have never heard about this technique before, and 2.) you can't put someone to sleep with this maneuver, and you use it TO edge-guard, not when getting edge-guarded. Please consider not being a lazy jerk next time and watch the videos before you respond. I do not tolerate laziness and nubbery.

KRule

Smash Cadet
hey sliq... i watched ur dumb video before i posted, and if u do it a lil better u can put people to sleep, and as far as never seeing this before... mabeyyy im not enuf of a loser to post my techniques

Sliq

Smash Master
hey sliq... i watched ur dumb video before i posted, and if u do it a lil better u can put people to sleep, and as far as never seeing this before... mabeyyy im not enuf of a loser to post my techniques
No, you can't put people to sleep. I have tried it. You are full of what we in the business like to call "crap".

Edit: Well I suppose you can put people to sleep by screwing up and jumping, then singing, then falling to the ledge. But that is not in my video, and that is not what I'm talking about.

KRule

Smash Cadet
... THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT EITHER... and i love how you say we in the business, y cant you just say it without it, its really annoying how you think you are big but rnt even pro like me, you can see my vids on youtube playing high profile players

Sliq

Smash Master
... THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT EITHER... and i love how you say we in the business, y cant you just say it without it, its really annoying how you think you are big but rnt even pro like me, you can see my vids on youtube playing high profile players
When I said "we in the business," I was using colloquialism to be sarcastic. Of course, I wouldn't expect people to take the time and understand what I am saying when they can just jump to their conclusions.

Secondly, you don't seem to know what you are talking about, considering you said that you can use this when people are trying to edge-guard you, but in order to do it, you need to be on the stage. If you are in fact on the stage, you are not getting edge-guarded. Hence the whole "you don't know what you are talking about" thing.

Also, the hit-box for sing does not come out in time; you grab the edge before it does. Therefore you can not put someone to sleep--which you claimed you could do. Therefore, you, once again, don't know what you are talking about.

Also, I would enjoy seeing these videos against high profile players. Could you PM me a link so as to not crowd this topic with spam. Also, just PM me if you want to keep arguing. I don't want this to get out of hand and get this thread closed, as some people might want to see this, regardless of whether or not it is useful.

KRule

Smash Cadet
sliq... have u ever thot that i can do it, but mabey you cant? and also i wasnt saying you think ut big because you say "as we in the bussiness", i was just noting its annoying. I said you think you are big due to ur other posts. And i will make a video of me doing this technique to show u. And i will pm you my games

Overswarm

is laughing at you
sliq... have u ever thot that i can do it, but mabey you cant? and also i wasnt saying you think ut big because you say "as we in the bussiness", i was just noting its annoying. I said you think you are big due to ur other posts. And i will make a video of me doing this technique to show u. And i will pm you my games

It is actually not possible, in the literal sense, to put someone to sleep in this fashion. The frame data for sing shows you that. Jiggly doesn't slide enough and sing doesn't cmoe out fast enough. She can't put people to sleep this way.

Sliq

Smash Master
Please stop arguing in this thread and resort to PM's please.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
why watch the ending of that? because he killed himself while doing a ko move? why dont you post some videos up mr. krule (nice name btw :{) and stop talking.
sliq, this technique HAS been out before but its only fancy and there is not too much use for it because even though its the fastest to edgehog when you are running, her aerials give her faster mobility so it is faster to just short hop backwards and fastfall to edgehog.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
I'm sort of skeptical on the non-newness of this since I have never heard of this before...I'm not saying you're lying, but I'd like to see some proof. Skepticism runs in my blood, so don't take this personally.
I myself knew about this, but because of the disadvantages of it, I never really tried to perfect it and that probably won't change. I dunno if it has been discussed here or not.

I, however, didn't know that it would work that fast in YS, since I had only tried it in FD (and, most of the time, fell). I now see it as a good and fast way to edge guard, but in YS only pretty much. I always ban that stage anyways so >_>.

KRule

Smash Cadet
emo guy i was just saying that it was funny, and sliq told me to pm him my videos, so i did.

Sliq

Smash Master
why watch the ending of that? because he killed himself while doing a ko move? why dont you post some videos up mr. krule (nice name btw :{) and stop talking.
sliq, this technique HAS been out before but its only fancy and there is not too much use for it because even though its the fastest to edgehog when you are running, her aerials give her faster mobility so it is faster to just short hop backwards and fastfall to edgehog.
At YS it is impossible to kill yourself, and it is easier to time, so at least it can be applied there. I wasn't expecting this to be ground breaking stuff, but since I had never heard about it, and since it could be used to edge-hog, albeit it is risky and you probably would have better options, I figured I would post it.

Huh...well, I had never heard about, so I assumed it was new. Oh well.

emo guy i was just saying that it was funny, and sliq told me to pm him my videos, so i did.
He PM'ed me telling me to look on youtube for Taj--claiming to be Taj--and said Krule is his brothers account. So just ignore him, he is a scrub.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
krule you suck. sliq's technique is in fact new, and is different from what your talking about. I've never seen your or sliq play, but I can tell from this convo that he would own you, your friends, and any immediate family you have. Your girlfriend too.

Sliq

Smash Master
No more arguing in this thread. Take it to PM's if you have to.

KRule, don't post unless you have something constructive to say.

This is why Prime and King stopped coming to the Jigglypuff forum.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL..

*Breaths*

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

*Breaths*

ROFLMFAO OMG BBQ HAXORZ LOLOLOLOL...

*Dies*

Wow. That was really really funny. Was this guy serious? *falls over laughing*

Sliq

Smash Master

*Breaths*

*Breaths*

*Dies*

I know, but I didn't want to be mean to the scrub.

KRule

Smash Cadet
sliq... u r probably the biggest nerd ive ever seen and the sad part is id still beat u, you cannot tell if some1 is good due to how they write and if you try ur a ****ing ******

Overswarm

is laughing at you
sliq... u r probably the biggest nerd ive ever seen and the sad part is id still beat u, you cannot tell if some1 is good due to how they write and if you try ur a ****ing ******
You can tell by how they write, their presentation of ideas, and their reaction to various stimuli what their intelligence level is. Intelligence level generally corresponds slightly at worst with your smash skill.

But KRule...... what exactly are you trying to prove in your posting?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

*Breaths*

*Breaths*

*Dies*

*holds on to hylians shoulder to keep from falling over*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :

ROFL ROFL ROFL LMAO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I think he is I think he is

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KRule

Smash Cadet
u know wat i love? arguing, but never the less almost everyone on this thread is a ****** for these reasons, 1). Overswarm, u certainly cannot judge my intelligence by how i write, because when i write on forums i do not try to type well, and intellegence does NOT correspond to abilty. You want proof? ok... Bombsoldier is certainly not as intelligent as some1 like dope or forward, due to the age gap but he still is way better. 2). Dark Chrono u ****ing ****** how on earth is that "OWNAGGEEEEEEEE" you sound like an idiot. Plz leave you do not contribute. 3). KevinM... LOLOLOLOL i looooove you, u know y? becuase you are probably the MOST pompous person on smashboards, yet i have nvr seen a vid of you. You are not pro and should stop trying. And what Hylian said wasnt very funny, because what i am saying isnt funny. 4). Hylian YOU ARE NOT PRO EITHER. people like Prime and King didnt stop coming because of people like me they stopped coming because there are so many Pompous *******s like KevinM, Hylian, and Sliq. In fact i IMed King and asked him y he left, and he said in quotes "Too many people think they are pro" his aim is Nidoking138 btw.

Please do not be a ****** and post somthing like quoting my entire post and saying something like Rofllol because you are not making any point just showing that you cannot come up with any sort of an intelligent response.

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
u know wat i love? arguing, but never the less almost everyone on this thread is a ****** for these reasons, 1). Overswarm, u certainly cannot judge my intelligence by how i write, because when i write on forums i do not try to type well, and intellegence does NOT correspond to abilty. You want proof? ok... Bombsoldier is certainly not as intelligent as some1 like dope or forward, due to the age gap but he still is way better. 2). Dark Chrono u ****ing ****** how on earth is that "OWNAGGEEEEEEEE" you sound like an idiot. Plz leave you do not contribute. 3). KevinM... LOLOLOLOL i looooove you, u know y? becuase you are probably the MOST pompous person on smashboards, yet i have nvr seen a vid of you. You are not pro and should stop trying. And what Hylian said wasnt very funny, because what i am saying isnt funny. 4). Hylian YOU ARE NOT PRO EITHER. people like Prime and King didnt stop coming because of people like me they stopped coming because there are so many Pompous *******s like KevinM, Hylian, and Sliq. In fact i IMed King and asked him y he left, and he said in quotes "Too many people think they are pro" his aim is Nidoking138 btw.

Please do not be a ****** and post somthing like quoting my entire post and saying something like Rofllol because you are not making any point just showing that you cannot come up with any sort of an intelligent response.
Rofllol...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I made it readable.

You know what I love? Arguing.
There's a difference between arguing and debating, especially when it is about factual things such as "is a technique brand new or not". Arguing is never helpful in any way; debating generally is an attempt to bring a point into the light and have it refined to a point of truthfulness.

Regardless, almost everyone on this thread is a ****** for these reasons:

1). Overswarm, you certainly cannot judge my intelligence by how I write, because when I write on forums I do not try to type well, and intelligence does NOT correspond to ability. You want proof? Bombsoldier is certainly not as intelligent as someone like Dope or Forward due to their age gap, but he is still way better.
Read carefully, here is my exact statement:

You can tell by how they write, their presentation of ideas, and their reaction to various stimuli what their intelligence level is. Intelligence level generally corresponds slightly at worst with your smash skill.
So first off, I stated that by seeing how someone writes and how they react to stimuli, you can generally tell what their intelligence level is. I have been reading written responses from various age groups in both formal and informal areas for a long, long time and this has proven to be a constant. If you write well and are articulate in speech, you excel in many other areas as well.

My statement was that your intelligence level generally corresponds slightly at worst with your smash skill.

I've had conversations with many of the smash "elite" in person on my trips to MLG events, and not one of them has shown themselves to be stupid. Many of them aren't geniuses, but they know what they are talking about. Most of the "up and coming" players, the "newer" elite, such as King and Wobbles, have shown themselves to be very articulate and have shared in-depth knowledge of the game and their mindset to it.

As for your "proof"...

To be proof, you would have to know
-the intelligence level of Dope, Forward, and Bombsoldier
-the skill level and corresponding win/loss average for those three in high level play

You know neither. The last videos of Bombsoldier you saw were more than likely from years gone by, as he only has three new videos that have been released. Plus, none of those three were against Americans, especially not Dope or Forward.

2.) Dark Chrono you ******, how on earth is that “OWNAGGEEEEEEEE”? You sound like an idiot. Please leave you do not contribute.
This thread has degenerated to the point where he is able to say things like that and not be apart from the norm. You're a laughingstock in this thread due to your borderline illiteracy and your failure to (still, to this point) grasp the concept shown in the first post, even though it has a video.

You've also told us you are Taj via a PM to Sliq. He is right to celebrate.

3.) KevinM… Ha! I love you, you know why? Because you are probably the most pompous person on smashboards, yet I have never seen a vid of you. You are not pro and should stop trying. What Hylian said wasn’t very funny, because what I am saying isn’t funny.
At best, this is what you are left with:

http://ganjataz.com/general-********/images/by-GT/forum-****z/pot-kettle-black.jpg

4.) Hylian, you are also not a pro. People like Prime and King didn’t stop coming because of people like me they stopped coming because there are so many pompous people like KevinM, Hylian, and Sliq. In fact I IMed King and asked him why he left, and he said in quotes “Too many people think they are pro” his aim is NOT TO BE FOUND HERE btw.
Why do you continue to tell people they are not "pro"? Are you? Why does it matter? I'm also fairly confident that King might not want his AIM posted on this board? Just maybe? I could be wrong, but that is the general consensus among smashers.

Pompous: characterized by excessive self-esteem or exaggerated dignity; pretentious

How are they pompous? Sliq stated that he believed it to be a new technique, and with a very small number of people saying "I knew about it but never released it, used it, or told anyone else" changed the thread title. Those people could very easily be lying, and he just says "eh" and changes it anyway. He even says "resort arguments to PMs", which I will now say to you as well. You can argue with me if you'd like, but do it via PM.

Please don’t be a ****** and post something like quoting my entire post and saying something like “Rofllol” because you aren’t making any point, you are just showing that you cannot come up with any sort of intelligent response.
And you have?

KRule

Smash Cadet
wow overswarm ur really smart... NOT, for one King has his aim on his profile i was just making it easier so stfu about that and for the only other part i read about forward and dope, i do know they are smarter because they are like 20 and bs is 14 and second bs has more than 3 videos, and as to playing an american smasher he got to the 6th round on Ken, wait Ken isnt an american smasher, ooooh wait yes he is.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
wow overswarm ur really smart... NOT, for one King has his aim on his profile i was just making it easier so stfu about that and for the only other part i read about forward and dope, i do know they are smarter because they are like 20 and bs is 14 and second bs has more than 3 videos, and as to playing an american smasher he got to the 6th round on Ken, wait Ken isnt an american smasher, ooooh wait yes he is.
You're just hearing what you want to hear, aren't you? Picking and choosing words....

I can't help but think you're reading this and thinking "Man, Overswarm is RACIST! And why is he offering to make me an egg sandwich?"

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
hi hi, can i add to the make fun of the nub?

I wont say much because you dig your own grave, but as for king's screen name. No you did not ask king you lying bas***d. In fact, thats not even his name on the hub (which is where he quoted a fellow smasher from). So basically, your dumb, you lie, and you spam.

gg, no johns, no re.

RPK

Smash Lord
Im starting to despise the jigglypuff community and its people like this that just make me want to kill my guide and erase everything that Ive written and take it out of this forum and keep it all to myself. Though technically this has nothing to do with the topic at hand so lets see....Truthfully this is something that I have never seen before or has never been mentioned and I have lurked in the jigglypuff forums for quite a while. And certainly this is new to me. And it is a very very nice way to edge hog. Though unless you really have it down, dont use it. Though it does seem to be quite easy. And Krule I do believe you are talking about sing canceling which has been known in the community for probably years on end. See when you use sing I dont believe it takes effect on the first frame. Probably 20-30 frames into sing does it actually put the person to sleep though truthfully I dont keep track of frames when it comes to attacks. But I do know that it doesnt come out on the first frames. And from the video, the attack doesnt even last for even 10 frames. maybe a lot less! So with that it is impossible for it to put someone to sleep. So again it is impossible to put someone to sleep. -looks over to the TV to watch Iron Chef.- Dammit this stupid post made me miss a part of what was happening...Oh well its commercial now so where was I...Oh yes, again it is impossible to put someone to sleep unless you have the attack come out. And yeah I havent realyl heard much of this technique or else I would of had it in my guide and probably have perfected it by now. And I have to say that this is a good share. It isnt bad to share ones own knowledge and try and help contribute to the community if you think it is something that would actually contribute.
Btw Krule would you mind posting and showing us some of your matches with some of these so called "high profile" players? Ive looked up your screen name multiple times on youtube and you can find nothing. Though if you went under a different name during these matches then excuse me. Though anyways please post up one of your matches cause Im sure it would probably prove everyone wrong if we saw how "good" you are. Also your lucky....Usuaully if I see an idiot posting and getting his **** wrong I would go all out on him and flame his *** to death though Ive decided not to do that for today. Anyways post us some of your videos with these high profile players. ^_^
Edit:
Btw KRule is jigglypuff your main correct?

Sliq

Smash Master
Everyone, just ignore KRule until he leaves. Acknowledging him is only encouraging him to be an idiot. It is obvious at this point that either KRule is the a contender for the world's biggest tool award. or is secretly some other smasher playing a very unfunny prank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom