• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

zApollo

Smash Ace
Agreed. Also I might be up for some wi-fi if anyone wants. (Seeing as I've never played any of you guys....)
If you can convince the 'rents, try come to the meet this saturday.

And ZSS is not boring, this is why I picked her up.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Good games, Ghost. Sorry about the random disconnects -__-

Also sorry about my random suicides xD

This is because you haven't played enough Melee. ;)

Oh, and one last thing...:

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
Yea good games :) Though I think the disconnects were from my end.....AND YAY FOR MAINING THE MOST BROKEN CHARACTER IN THE GAME :D

Oh and could someone PM the time and address for the smash meet?

Eagle

Smash Lord
Oh right. What time is it, yeah? I guess I'll go. Maybe. Though it is the beginning of exam revision.

SethT

Smash Ace
Grim... you cannot be serious..... your maining... metroknight (the pink MK o-o)

that being said, where'd you grab that picture from??

EDIT: Just the MK.

SethT

Smash Ace
Well... if it gets to the point where everyone wants to second MK the sound of that soft ban seems like music to my ears... and not JUST because the ditto eats me alive either :3

Not saying its even gotten to that point yet :3 but chayeah, just telling peeps I don't mind.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yea good games :) Though I think the disconnects were from my end.....AND YAY FOR MAINING THE MOST BROKEN CHARACTER IN THE GAME :D

Oh and could someone PM the time and address for the smash meet?
I'll PM you the time/address.

Grim... you cannot be serious..... your maining... metroknight (the pink MK o-o)

that being said, where'd you grab that picture from??

EDIT: Just the MK.
Metroknight is the most powerful of all the Meta Knights.

Oh, and Chris, if I get on the PR with my MK, I'd love if you could recolour the picture pink and list it as "Metro Knight".

For the picture, I googled "Pink Meta Knight", found a picture, opened Photoshop and applied the "Cut-Out" Filter to make it look cell shaded.

Well... if it gets to the point where everyone wants to second MK the sound of that soft ban seems like music to my ears... and not JUST because the ditto eats me alive either :3

Not saying its even gotten to that point yet :3 but chayeah, just telling peeps I don't mind.
Wouldn't it be funny if me maining MK was all a conspiracy to get you to support a soft-ban...
>.>

<.<

*Runs away*

Fear not though everyone, I have my own non-gay style of MK that you will all love fighting.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
We were the state that already did a MK soft ban only allowing MK to win 1 game in each set.
I only 2nd him coz Rob has bad matchups and Wolf likes to SD.

Meet will have to be tomorrow as im busy sunday. 12pm Saturday.

zApollo

Smash Ace
I still support the soft ban, just until the scene gets stronger. Meet tomorrow sounds good Jamage.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
My dad said I could go tomorrow, should arrive around 12:00-12:30. What do I need to bring for it? (Like, just a controller?) Oh and I heavily support either a full or soft ban on MK. At least as a trial.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
My dad said I could go tomorrow, should arrive around 12:00-12:30. What do I need to bring for it? (Like, just a controller?) Oh and I heavily support either a full or soft ban on MK. At least as a trial.
Just bring a controller, and some snacks to share if you're feeling nice.

We've trialled it in the past and got positive results, but IIRC no one was actually a MK main back then.

Like I said in my last post, I'd feel like it is unfair on Seth if we ban his main when MK isn't actually dominating here.

I might be coming, not sure yet.

SethT

Smash Ace
I still support the soft ban, just until the scene gets stronger. Meet tomorrow sounds good Jamage.
We've trialled it in the past and got positive results, but IIRC no one was actually a MK main back then.

Like I said in my last post, I'd feel like it is unfair on Seth if we ban his main when MK isn't actually dominating here.
+ one of DE last page posts

Well, im going to focus on bringing up a lot of my secondaries tomorrow. I really don't mind an MK soft ban. Just brought it up because of the rage/hate/already decent amount of mains and secondaries. That being said he isn't exactly dominating the scoreboards..... yet :3 ...I plan to change that ^__^

I don't really see a soft ban happening quite yet, but as the scene progresses who knows.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I hate ZSS because Fox is stupid against her, and DK just doesn't seem to be able to hit her.

Anyways, tomorrow I'll probably play my Fox a lot more. And avoid Apollo. Also, I don't bring anything apart from my attractive self so I hope there's extra controllers and whatnot. :)

zApollo

Smash Ace
That makes me sad, my purpose for attending was to give you all guys experience. Just tell me the MU practice you want and I'll try play my best with that character. My all-rounder skill is decent.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I like playing Apollo's ZSS as it's one of the only characters I have trouble with.
My Jab at MK's is because I can beat every single MK in this country and have in tourney matches.
The joys of Snake, I guess.

I also like Sheik/ZSS I just need to play it properly and ban Zelda or something.

Edit: And wtf @ these stupid forum changes.
New replies not being bolded or bumped is ********.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I also don't like how we can't all just play on final destination.. like, all the time. :) I hate other maps that aren't just a basic platform. My taste is so simple it seems.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I detest stages like Brinstar/Norfair, but that's another issue and I can't complain as I (and you should also Eagle) counter Halberd due to the low roof (Fox U-smash, Snake U-tilt).

ALSO!
FINALLY the stupid Sheik boards have corrected the ZSS/Sheik M/U, it's now 45-55 in ZSS's favour. Which is the same case with Snake, I've been saying that ridiculous 70/30 M/U with Sheik/ZSS (in Sheik's favour) is a joke for almost a year now.

Top Bottom